Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Frankenstein, still the best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Something similar to Battle Royale it seems has been released. A bunch of kids get accepted to do the entrance test for a prestigious university but terrorists take over it before they get there

Rinseh
Jul 25, 2011

Do I have to do everything, he asked intending to be facetious?
Chapter 14 of the Gamer

Training Arc

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Haha, they are so obviously trying to get him into their clan. It is an assault on multiple levels, what with the sex appeal, gifts, and logical explanations for why he should spend lots of time at their place. Before too long will come the offhand remark about how the really baller skills he sees demonstrated are only for clan members and by the way we have skill books you could use right here. Oh, and as it turns out Sae-Young is looking for a husband, who would naturally be inducted into the clan.

I don't expect it to work, but the situation should be good for some laughs at least.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Fastest training arc ever. :allears:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope he doesn't mainly use the clan's skills because I like how he could learn anything he wants. Also he needs to check out the How-To section of a book store or just find some text booka.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

This continues to be fun and interesting. One of the few things that makes me want the week to go by.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Ethiser posted:

I hope he doesn't mainly use the clan's skills because I like how he could learn anything he wants. Also he needs to check out the How-To section of a book store or just find some text booka.

What happens if he goes to a "how to" page on the net?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Blinks77 posted:

What happens if he goes to a "how to" page on the net?

He absorbs the internet and has to pass an impossible sanity check.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!

Ethiser posted:

He absorbs the internet and has to pass an impossible sanity check.

More like he learns a lot of straightforward, useful tips and suddenly knows a lot about things like makeup application and things that you can do with baking soda.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think he's definitely going to hit a limit on how many skills he can learn soon, and have to start deciding whether to forget skills to learn new ones.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Noblesse 307 out

Welp it was nice knowing you Ignes. :black101:

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

korrandark posted:

Noblesse 307 out

When they switched from Frankenstein to Ignes at first I was kind of annoyed... but the whole sequence from when the droplet of water falls to the end was ridiculous. I love when Rai gets super pissed and just obliterates entire sections of the terrain because someone has harmed the kids. It was also kind of creepy when Rael, Regis, and Sera responded to the bloodfield and looked like zombies. I guess Rai's strength will last as long it needs to for the plot with him dying at the end.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is it supposed to be implied Rai came in through the drain somehow?

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

RatHat posted:

Is it supposed to be implied Rai came in through the drain somehow?

I think rather his speed. Ignes left the room, the water dripped, and she came back (so it was a very very short time absent from the room) and there is Rai. Similar to when he shows up in these next few pages http://www.mangareader.net/noblesse/132/21.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

I think he's definitely going to hit a limit on how many skills he can learn soon, and have to start deciding whether to forget skills to learn new ones.

That's my expectation as well. The combination of that and stat requirements is enough for our protagonist to have meaningful hurdles in any future battles to keep the tension up.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I love how noblesse is nothing but the same poo poo you've seen a million times before but you never get tired of it. Rai was just brutal this chapter. Went straight for her eyes.

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

Ryan Estrada (a comic artist living in Korea currently but I don't think any of his works count for thread.) just posted a list/review of movies based off Webtoons here.

"The Webtoon" seems especially amusing out of them.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Shaded Spriter posted:

Ryan Estrada (a comic artist living in Korea currently but I don't think any of his works count for thread.) just posted a list/review of movies based off Webtoons here.

"The Webtoon" seems especially amusing out of them.

When can we expect to see a 500 episode TV series based on Tower of God along with 20 accompanying movies?

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 10, 2013

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

New chapter of Magical Exam Student: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/211355/magical-exam-student_ch4_by_vendetta-scans

Hmm, I'm glad to see that the transformation and the outfit aren't skimpy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

korrandark posted:

Noblesse 307 out

I never get tired of Rai being smug.

I hope that the series ends with Rai burping and/or farting and then committing suicide for doing something "not befitting the noblesse."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I never get tired of Rai being smug.

I hope that the series ends with Rai burping and/or farting and then committing suicide for doing something "not befitting the noblesse."

He only does that when he is angry, and he only gets angry on behalf of other people. Rai doesn't talk down to people otherwise.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

New God of High School chapter is up. Hilarious fight.

Rinseh
Jul 25, 2011

Do I have to do everything, he asked intending to be facetious?
I love the ridiculous game of one-upsmanship that has been going on in this fight

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

New chapter of The Gamer: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/211870/the-gamer_v1_ch15_by_bap-scans

Oh Ferghus... :allears: I hope Jee-Han is a more competent craftsman than him!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Haha, that item description is great.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

New chapter of Magical Exam Student: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/211937/magical-exam-student_ch5_by_vendetta-scans

Seems pretty Shounen.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Noblesse 308

Really don't understand why all these traitor nobles keep apologizing when they made the decision to betray Rai in the first place.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

lil baby anime posted:

Noblesse 308

Really don't understand why all these traitor nobles keep apologizing when they made the decision to betray Rai in the first place.

The eternal hope that he won't make their eyeballs pop like over ripe zits?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I should've expected one of the nobles would have a whip soul weapon.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

He only does that when he is angry, and he only gets angry on behalf of other people. Rai doesn't talk down to people otherwise.

Exactly, and that's why it's always so great on the occasions he does get smug.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

Exactly, and that's why it's always so great on the occasions he does get smug.

Rai is kind of like Alucard (power wise anyway, personalities are a bit different) and when either goes all out is always fantastic. I like that we're finally learning a bit about the motivations of the traitors. Seems like Rai was going to have to annihilate Ignes in the way back which was at least Roctis's motivation. I'm very curious to learn more about the Nobles' history particularly around the Noblesse. Is Rai the original? Is that why he doesn't have a soul weapon? Rai seems to view it as his job to judge all "beings of power" which would include werewolves. He did seem to know a lot about them when he has healed M21 and has also been the catalyst for M21's werewolf powers.

dogpower
Dec 28, 2008
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Flow

Standard underdog secretly a badass trope. Give it a few chapters to see whether you like it or not.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Lyon posted:

Rai is kind of like Alucard (power wise anyway, personalities are a bit different) and when either goes all out is always fantastic. I like that we're finally learning a bit about the motivations of the traitors. Seems like Rai was going to have to annihilate Ignes in the way back which was at least Roctis's motivation. I'm very curious to learn more about the Nobles' history particularly around the Noblesse. Is Rai the original? Is that why he doesn't have a soul weapon? Rai seems to view it as his job to judge all "beings of power" which would include werewolves. He did seem to know a lot about them when he has healed M21 and has also been the catalyst for M21's werewolf powers.
I'm not sure if there were multiple noblesses, but the lack of a soul weapon doesn't mean he's the first. Soul weapons are passed down through clan lines, aren't they? He isn't really in any clan that we know of. If the noblesse are a clan unto themselves, the fact that they use their life force as power means they might not have anything left to put into a soul weapon.

On the other hand, if he's not in a clan, it might be because he's been around since the clans started, and he never affiliated with any of them. I feel like it would have come up if he'd left a clan once he became the noblesse.

Koala
Jun 14, 2010

Scott Bakula posted:

Something similar to Battle Royale it seems has been released. A bunch of kids get accepted to do the entrance test for a prestigious university but terrorists take over it before they get there

Thanks for the post, this series has really surprised me so far.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Special-...029--?id=182565

Mustache.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I just found this the other day, it is fairly interesting. Follows a rebel group in a fantasy type setting. Silly, with decent action, and a bit of mystery. http://www.mangareader.net/son-yeon-jeon-limit/

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

God of High School update

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-God-of-High-School/138?id=182624

Power Creep? Pshh more like power explosion

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The Breaker: New Waves updated with part of a fight but no real payoff. I kinda recommend just waiting for 2-3 updates anymore before reading the thing since the artist kinda has production issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
The Breaker getting you down? You should read Ultimate Legend Kang Hae Hyo, which is sort of the Korean version of Beelzebub, only with less demons and more fighting.