Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Why is it so easy to find gifs of people hurting themselves doing stupid things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Why is it so easy to find gifs of people hurting themselves doing stupid things?

I don't even know what this fella is attempting? There is no way he is making it over that net.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jippa posted:

I don't even know what this fella is attempting? There is no way he is making it over that net.

If he had cleared the net he probably would have hurt himself even worse.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
Sweet justice! I love the way the guy in blue is super concerned about the bike but is happy to leave the rider sprawled on the road...

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

occluded posted:

Sweet justice! I love the way the guy in blue is super concerned about the bike but is happy to leave the rider sprawled on the road...

I think he was trying to get it out of the way so people wouldn't hit it and fall off and get hurt too. You can see him looking at the other bike too, but it gets knocked away before he gets a chance to do anything. The rider was by the side of the road and probably unlikely to get hit.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

occluded posted:

He's clearly more worried about clearing the lane so the other bikers can get through without making a bigger wreck...and it's a lot easier to move a bike than it is to move a person.

e:f;b

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

synthetik posted:

Ending of the Alabama/Auburn game tonight -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqIBNX0CXDc

Game was tied and it was the end of regulation. Alabama challenges the end of game saying there should be one second left on the clock. After review, they give the ball to Alabama for a final play before overtime. Ball is kicked for a field goal, falls short, the Auburn runs it back for a 109 yard touchdown.

Having to sit though ESPN's weird love for Alabama and the SEC in general, this was a great end to this game.

I don't know how football works, but how did all that happen in one second? Does the timer not count if they catch it or something?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

thylacine posted:

I don't know how football works, but how did all that happen in one second? Does the timer not count if they catch it or something?

As long as the play isn't whistled over, play continues. Had he been tackled, knocked out of bounds or the kick leave the field of play the game would have been over (for regulation at least).

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm pretty sure that once a play is commenced, it goes through to completion even if the time's run out. If they'd scored, the time would have run out, if he'd missed it it would have gone out of bounds and the time would have run out, but by catching it it stayed in play and he could have a crack at what he did.

WHich was awesome.

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.

synthetik posted:

Having to sit though ESPN's weird love for Alabama and the SEC in general, this was a great end to this game.

Alabama won three of the last four national championships and were ranked #1 before this game, so yeah it's a total mystery why ESPN loves them.

It was a great play though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

synthetik posted:

I'm having a pretty great time hearing about UT Knoxville sucking so much the last few years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Volunteers_football#Year-by-year_results

I grew up near Knoxville and had to hear about VOLS FOOTBALL all the goddamn time between 1985 and 1998 and it has been extremely gratifying to see them come in winning less than half the time for the last three years.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Say Nothing posted:

"Hey guys, watch this!" + ubiquity of camera phones

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Say Nothing posted:

Because people are idiots. All of us are. The only reason NOW you see it more is that everybody has a camera on their phone, digital recorders are really cheap and have lots of storage thanks to SD cards, and people, being idiots, are always wanting to show off for their friends.

Really, think of it this way. Most of us have done stupid poo poo on that level and have friends that do stupid poo poo. Either it works and everybody is happy or it fails, everybody laughs, and everybody is happy. As long as you don't break anything it just hurts a bit and you go on with your life.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Jummy posted:

It was loving incredible. We were eating dinner in a sportsbar and EVERYONE including my wife, who couldn't tell a football from a tennis racquet, was going apeshit.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jummy posted:

Alabama won three of the last four national championships and were ranked #1 before this game, so yeah it's a total mystery why ESPN loves them.

That means fuckall in the bizarro world of college football rankings. It's a worse popularity contest than a high school prom, and makes even less sense.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DrNutt posted:

That means fuckall in the bizarro world of college football rankings. It's a worse popularity contest than a high school prom, and makes even less sense.

That in addition to the obscene amount of money involved in the Bowl Games means the BSC/Bowl Games prefer to pick the teams likely to generate the most ad revenue if possible.

There is so much money involved and so many people have been rightly pointing out how b.s it is for years that Congress actually start making noise about it.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Midjack posted:

I'm having a pretty great time hearing about UT Knoxville sucking so much the last few years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Volunteers_football#Year-by-year_results

I grew up near Knoxville and had to hear about VOLS FOOTBALL all the goddamn time between 1985 and 1998 and it has been extremely gratifying to see them come in winning less than half the time for the last three years.

gently caress you too

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Here's some schadenfreude: The founder of match.com, Gary Kremen, lost his girlfriend to a man she met on match.com

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Imagine this set to some old timey ragtime piano, like a silent Buster Keaton film (this works for a lot of the gifs in this thread actually).

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Obsessive Twilight fan wails over Kristen Stewart cheating on Robert Pattinson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Qrt1k8qHo

The same person cries hysterically while watching the trailer for the last Twilight movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGz9F1sQOPU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Celery Face posted:

Why do people with giant bulbous heads always stick their face right in the camera?

Anyway...

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Why do people with giant bulbous heads always stick their face right in the camera?

Anyway...

It's an effort to hide how fat the rest of them is. are.

Gobber Jane
Sep 7, 2010

Celery Face posted:

The same person cries hysterically while watching the trailer for the last Twilight movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGz9F1sQOPU

Schadenfreude's on us, she's got over 20k subscribors and probably makes money off of her videos. Plus, Robert Pattinson said in an interview he wants to meet her, which probably validates all her fangirl crazies in her mind.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
My favorite reaction video is this one of young girls watching their favorite singer lose on "American Idol":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoxl8IK7po

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Thief fails in getaway.

And another failed getaway...

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Say Nothing posted:

And another failed getaway...

Press while running towards the hood of a car to slide across it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

This is awesome.
"WOULDYOULIKEAFLIERFOROURNEW-" *BOOT*

Do not suddenly jump out at small girls whilst wearing a terrifying mascot costume.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Thief fails in getaway.

It looks like that guy who tripped him is about to punch his face in.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

A reporter bellows while waving around a big black cock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdrmfjAhn0

A hijacker in São Paulo attemps to steal a man's bike at gunpoint, only to be immediately shot by an off-duty cop. A reddit user was kind enough to provide a transcript. The guy lives and there's no gore, but still consider it :nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCOIB6zbED0

Buttfumble. Buttfumble never changes.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Double kill!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gobber Jane posted:

Schadenfreude's on us, she's got over 20k subscribors and probably makes money off of her videos. Plus, Robert Pattinson said in an interview he wants to meet her, which probably validates all her fangirl crazies in her mind.

To be fair, Robert Pattinson has milked the second half of his Twilight career trolling twilight fans. I wouldn't take him saying that seriously.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Volume posted:

To be fair, Robert Pattinson has milked the second half of his Twilight career trolling twilight fans. I wouldn't take him saying that seriously.

I heard Robert Pattinson actively hates Twilight and Stephanie Meyer, so it shouldn't be a stretch at all that he'd love to gently caress with her fans.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Gobber Jane posted:

If I was him I'd be scared she'd try and kidnap or murder me.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Neurion posted:

I heard Robert Pattinson actively hates Twilight and Stephanie Meyer, so it shouldn't be a stretch at all that he'd love to gently caress with her fans.

Pattinson posted:

You know, I’m going to go get a sandwich for the next few and let him riff. Miss you! : “When I read it ... I was convinced that Stephenie was convinced that she was Bella, and ... It was like it was a book that wasn't supposed to be published, like reading her - her sort of sexual fantasy about some - especially when she says that it was based on a dream, and it's like, 'Oh, then I had a dream about this really sexy guy' and she just writes this book about it, and there's some things about Edward that are just so specific that ... I was just convinced that this woman is mad, she's completely mad, and she's in love with her own fictional creation.” - 2008 video interview with E!Online.

That face :allears:

On the end of the series...

That's all if we stick strictly to his opinions on the movies. There's plenty more out there on his opinions about the fans. It's hilarious because he completely acknowledges that these movies made him and did not shy away from movies 2-5, but at the same time he thinks it's pathetic that these movies made money and hates the fans for validating Stephanie Meyer's inane sexual fantasies.

Personally, I think Dumbledore said it best.

quote:

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Stephanie Meyer. Remember Cedric Diggory."

Spalec posted:

If I was him I'd be scared she'd try and kidnap or murder me.

He commented once about how he was afraid he was going to get AIDS because girls kept running up to him with freshly opened cuts on their necks asking him to suck their blood. I legit feel bad for the guy a little bit. When he did the first movie I don't know that anyone knew how big it was going to blow up. I saw it in the theaters because the girls in our group suggested a vampire movie and the guys thought we were going to see something made to capitalize on and compete with Underworld. And then one day he realizes that he's at serious risk of contracting blood borne illnesses from random strangers.

TheSpiritFox has a new favorite as of 21:56 on Dec 2, 2013

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

TheSpiritFox posted:

He commented once about how he was afraid he was going to get AIDS because girls kept running up to him with freshly opened cuts on their necks asking him to suck their blood. I legit feel bad for the guy a little bit. When he did the first movie I don't know that anyone knew how big it was going to blow up. I saw it in the theaters because the girls in our group suggested a vampire movie and the guys thought we were going to see something made to capitalize on and compete with Underworld. And then one day he realizes that he's at serious risk of contracting blood borne illnesses from random strangers.

Yea I do kind of feel bad for the guy because its not easy to make it as an actor, and even harder to maintain success for more than a few years, so I try to never begrudge any actor for the roles they chose to take. I always figured that I'd do the same thing if I lucked out and ended up as part of the cast of an ongoing franchise, just ride that thing into the ground. So on the one hand he is trying to do whats right for himself and his career, but at the same time he probably feels dead inside as an artist while shooting those movies and has to deal with rabid Edward fans pretty much for the rest of his life. I think his life, depending on what happens going forward with the Twilight franchise, could end up being a mirror to Shatners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
I don't think his future is that dire, guy is talented and has had pretty steady non-Twilight work in decent films with even more in production. Save sympathy for Taylor Lautner who is forever typecast and has has all the acting range of a squinty potato.

• Locked thread