Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Cbear posted:

Yeah I have a good bit. I was still trying to figure out the relative value of it. I actually messaged a guy on BA that's looking for GBS and wants to trade his atrial....but the post is from last night so I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss out on that one :(

The GBS is what ive gotten the heady, Pliny and abyss for so far. Surprised its trading this well.

And yeah GBS is what would pull you an Atrial. I know others in Texas who want it and I'll be sure send them your way if I hear anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Thanks. That's the only local-ish beer I've found that trades well.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

DC Brau On The Wings Of Armageddon trades well too

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Edit : Removed. My hook up did not get me the amount of Rye I was expecting.

I do have 2 4 packs of BCBS regular I'm still looking to move.

Vertigo fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 30, 2013

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Definitely. But I don't have much besides GBS right now :)

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Vertigo posted:

So...

Tomorrow I'm picking up 1/4 case of Bourbon County Backyard Rye , 1/4 case of Lolita , 1/4 case of Bourbon County Barleywine and a 1/2 case of original BCBS.

Is there any interest in some trades?

Backyard rye and the barleywine. Let me know what is of interest from here: http://www.cellarhq.com/cellar/raistrick

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

HatfulOfHollow posted:

DC Brau On The Wings Of Armageddon trades well too

Have they been continuing to bottle that? I feel like I've only seen it on tap/growler since seeing it in bottles when it got its initial release

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

ChickenArise posted:

Have they been continuing to bottle that? I feel like I've only seen it on tap/growler since seeing it in bottles when it got its initial release

They can it with regularity. It's not always available at the brewery but more often than not.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Did I arrange a trade with one of you guys for BORIS Van Wink? I can't remember :smith:

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
What's the trade value for an Abraxas?

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Me in Reverse posted:

Did I arrange a trade with one of you guys for BORIS Van Wink? I can't remember :smith:

I've been terrible at responding to messages and responses in this thread, but I can trade you a VanWink. I may not be able to ship for like a week because I have so many trades lined up, but I've got some extra bottles.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

That works for me. Let me know if there's anything you're looking for.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Cbear posted:

What's the trade value for an Abraxas?

Good but the beer itself is overrated. It goes about 1:1 with Hunahpu, and the latter is soooo much better.

Given your location, I'm assuming you're trading for Abraxas. If I were you, I'd wait until Huna Day in March and trade for that instead.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005

danbanana posted:

Good but the beer itself is overrated. It goes about 1:1 with Hunahpu, and the latter is soooo much better.

Given your location, I'm assuming you're trading for Abraxas. If I were you, I'd wait until Huna Day in March and trade for that instead.

I actually picked up two Abraxas in DC and just want to see what I can get for them. If anyone is looking for one let me know, I'm not picky.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

danbanana posted:

I prefer Hunahpu over Abraxas but I could easily see somebody liking Abraxas more - one beer is a thicker, more melded stout, another is more in your face with the spices. I really enjoy both, and it certainly helps that Abraxas is distributed.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Cbear posted:

I actually picked up two Abraxas in DC and just want to see what I can get for them. If anyone is looking for one let me know, I'm not picky.

Just so you know because you're fairly new to the trading scene, wording a post something along the lines of "what can I get in trade for this beer I just bought?" is poor form. Put together a more specific list of things you want, and do something like "hey could I trade Abraxas for one of these three beers?" You'll get people making GBS threads on you for the latter, but I think they're wrong.

edit: "What does it take to trade for x" is a more acceptable wording as well.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

It's been said quite a few times, but the easiest way to get trades going is to figure out what you want and ask for it. It doesn't matter that you've only got a limited number of things to trade. Posting something that says "I have X and I'm looking for Y" is more constructive than posting "What can X get me?" because there are tens of thousands of beers out there so that's a pretty broad question.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

ISO:
2013 Abyss

FT:
Black Butte XXIV
Boulevard Love Child #3

Can expand to these but they're pre FT- due out within the next month or so:
Prairie Bomb
Prairie Pirate Bomb
Lakewood Bourbon Barrel Temptress (was bottled this weekend and slated to release between Xmas/New Year)
Or whatever else in Texas that isn't small batch Freetail/Atrial Rubicite - message me!

e: noticed some more bottles I can trade.

air- fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 2, 2013

Xeus
Dec 6, 2005
COPS NEVER LIE
*slurp* *slurrrrp* mmmm cop cock oh God so good in my mouth like this
I have 2 12-ounce bottled of Bourbon County Stout I'd probably be willing to trade, is anyone actively looking for these. I don't have anything I'm really searching for, but love stouts.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Xeus posted:

I have 2 12-ounce bottled of Bourbon County Stout I'd probably be willing to trade, is anyone actively looking for these. I don't have anything I'm really searching for, but love stouts.

If you love the stouts, just drink the Bourbon County because there's nothing you'll land for it that will be better.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
air- I'm hoping to get some Abyss this week and have been wanting to try both Bomb! and Pirate Bomb!. I'll let you know.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Thanks for the responses! Just one bottle's all I'm looking for by the way, now I just hope that finding the Prairie stuff is less difficult than Abyss.

KentuckySuxNuts
Nov 9, 2003
ISO: Upland Sour Reserve Batch 4
FT: Dark Lord 2013

Would prefer an IP trade in Indianapolis area.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

air- posted:

Can expand to these but they're pre FT- due out within the next month or so:
Prairie Bomb

What the... I thought this was "brewed once"??? Did they see the light and decide to make it multiple times? I blasted one in August and declared it to be the Best Beer Ever (and I had a 2012 Abyss on that same trip).

Cercies
Dec 3, 2010

Living the dream

dphi posted:

air- I'm hoping to get some Abyss this week and have been wanting to try both Bomb! and Pirate Bomb!. I'll let you know.

Let me know if you have any luck finding bottles. Most places in Portland have laughed at me when I have asked. Only snagged one bottle this year.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

krustster posted:

What the... I thought this was "brewed once"??? Did they see the light and decide to make it multiple times? I blasted one in August and declared it to be the Best Beer Ever (and I had a 2012 Abyss on that same trip).

Nothing I've seen has suggested that Bomb was a one-off. Pretty sure there's a new batch coming soon but that's based on random internet speculation.

And to the guy wanting to trade Dark Lord for Sour Reserve 4, best of luck to you but I don't know a person on this planet that would give up a SR4 for a non-BA Dark Lord.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

crazyfish posted:

Nothing I've seen has suggested that Bomb was a one-off. Pretty sure there's a new batch coming soon but that's based on random internet speculation.

And to the guy wanting to trade Dark Lord for Sour Reserve 4, best of luck to you but I don't know a person on this planet that would give up a SR4 for a non-BA Dark Lord.

That's weird, I heard in person that it was a one-time thing and also when I looked at it on the internet it said "brewed once". But that was months ago so maybe they changed their minds. Or also, maybe I am mentally retarded. Regardless, the winner is the customer because this is a wild feature.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I'm still looking for some New England goon to mail me some Ipswich Ale. I'm in the Bay Area and have access to a huge selection of stuff – Alesmith, Rogue, Uinta, as well as lots of stuff that I'm insufficiently advanced to know I should mention. I've got a buddy whose birthday is coming up who is from Massachusetts and it would be rad as hell to get him a couple 6-packs of Ipswich Ale for his present.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

krustster posted:

That's weird, I heard in person that it was a one-time thing and also when I looked at it on the internet it said "brewed once". But that was months ago so maybe they changed their minds. Or also, maybe I am mentally retarded. Regardless, the winner is the customer because this is a wild feature.

There's at least three, possibly four batches of Bomb at this point (blue, red, and gold wax). Maybe one with no wax at all too, and that might have been AK only.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

air- posted:

There's at least three, possibly four batches of Bomb at this point (blue, red, and gold wax). Maybe one with no wax at all too, and that might have been AK only.

It's possible that I just don't know how to read. I'm not complaining though. I blasted the red wax version. Send me all your Pirate Bomb immediately in exchange for multiple servings of Backwoods Bastard and Double Trouble.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer

air- posted:

From what I have heard, there are three versions so far of Bomb. In states where single 12 oz bottles can be sold, the wax indicates the batch (batch 1 is gold, batch 2 is red, batch 3 is blue). In states where 12 oz bottle can't be sold individually bomb is sold in 4 packs with no wax. I'm not sure what states have the four packs, but I found a picture of them:

I wish I could get a four pack of Bomb. I was lucky enough to find a single bottle around the time of GABF, and got to try the same batch at What the Funk. I really don't like beers with chilies in them, as well as spicy foods, but the spice works really well in this beer. I also tried Brandy Barrel Hunahpu but didn't taste any of the spice from the peppers. Which just made an amazing beer even better as far as i'm concerned. I would love to try Pirate Bomb and am iso of it and regular bomb.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

That sums it up correctly yeah, and that's exactly why the 4 packs are Arkansas only since it's illegal to sell singles there. I had heard of them existing through word of mouth but never bothered to research - thanks for that mrcowcow. In Texas, they'll more than likely show up as singles.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Now explain Pirate Bomb. Where the wax color has changed mid-batch, and each wax color is an ever so slightly different shade of green or blue.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Me in Reverse posted:

Now explain Pirate Bomb. Where the wax color has changed mid-batch, and each wax color is an ever so slightly different shade of green or blue.

It's just those two as far as I am aware. Booger green is the most common one I've seen, haven't seen the dark grey/blue-ish one in person.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I have 3 bottles, each with a different color wax. "booger" green, forest green, metallic dark blue. I've seen ones online that look different, also. :iiam:

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Going to put this out there and get critiqued if I'm off...

ISO:

Any Dark Lord vintage
Atrial Rubicite

FT:
GRS
BA GBS
BCBS 13
Abraxas
Pliny

Willing to go multiples.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Does anyone live near Cellarmaker in San Francisco? They did a collaboration with Tired Hands called TacoHands that is going on tap today. I don't care enough about the beer to ask for a growler, but for the release they made TacoHands shirts which is the normal Tired Hands logo but with a taco in each hand and it says "Taco Hands" instead of "Tired Hands". Is someone able to hook me up? We can either trade or I can just send you cash. I need one of these shirts in my life.

see here for awesomeness: http://sfbrewersguild.org/blog/taco-hands-beer-coming-soon-cellarmaker-brewing

broom
Aug 29, 2005
ISO: Proprietors
FT: New Glarus VSB

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

broom posted:

ISO: Proprietors
FT: New Glarus VSB

Interested. email?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broom
Aug 29, 2005

danbanana posted:

Interested. email?

Ehh sorry, my friend I am doing this for is getting cold feet. If he changes his mind (again) I will let you know.

• Locked thread