Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Jay Dub posted:

The great thing about post-apocalyptic narratives is that it's basically a license to invent any dumbass cultural tic you want. I forgot his name was Peeta, and just thought people were feigning British accents whenever they said his name.

I got really mad when I realized that his name was Peeta/pita and he was all about baking bread.

(I might have actually been more mad that it took me so long to catch it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I got really mad when I realized that his name was Peeta/pita and he was all about baking bread.

(I might have actually been more mad that it took me so long to catch it.)

...GodDAMMIT!

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Vargo posted:

...GodDAMMIT!

I've been where you are, friend.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Motherfucker...

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

Sonofabitch!

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

gently caress!

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
Cock!

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...
:holymoley:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UplJBQi_0_w

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Should I point out that Katniss and her sister Primrose are both named after plants, and their mom uses plants to heal people? Also katniss is arrowhead shaped, and her father literally tells her to look for the plant she's named after for food, and Katniss gets food for her family by hunting beyond the fence.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Should I point out that Katniss and her sister Primrose are both named after plants, and their mom uses plants to heal people? Also katniss is arrowhead shaped, and her father literally tells her to look for the plant she's named after for food, and Katniss gets food for her family by hunting beyond the fence.

Yes, you should point this out. Especially if your goal is to make me feel retarded.

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

This poo poo is insane.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
This thread is going weird places.

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

Alan Tudyk and Edie McClurg were both in Wreck-It Ralph, Keanu. So Frozen is their second outing together.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Random question for the reviewers, are you guys not going to review Last Vegas or are you just saving it for later?

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

Punting posted:

Random question for the reviewers, are you guys not going to review Last Vegas or are you just saving it for later?

We don't mention Last Vegas.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Laaaaaaast Vegas, I gave you my heart,
But the very next day, you gave it away.
Thiiiisss year, to save me from tears,
I'll watch a better movie.

corker2k
Feb 22, 2013

Review Last Vegas in 12 words or less. As an incentive if you do, I will send you the pen on my desk. [ink not included]

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Kevin Kline is here because Al Pacino had too much dignity left.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
If you guys need something terrible reviewed in the next month and a half, I have a lot of free time, a lot of spare movie tickets to waste, and no dignity.

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

Sneaksie Taffer posted:

Alan Tudyk and Edie McClurg were both in Wreck-It Ralph, Keanu. So Frozen is their second outing together.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS??

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Keanu Grieves posted:

HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS??

http://www.imdb.com/search/name?roles=tt1772341,tt2294629

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

That's cheating.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Ooo, can I ask a delayed question? Why wasn't there a review for Now You See Me? I had thought that was a major release.

Also, About Time has just come out here. Vargo's review already gave me a negative feeling about it. But seeing the poster is incredibly aggravating because it communicates absolutely nothing about the movie except that it stars Rachel McAdams' breasts. I, too, can get angry about things that sound really dumb.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Some Guy TT posted:

Ooo, can I ask a delayed question? Why wasn't there a review for Now You See Me? I had thought that was a major release.

There was, but I forgot, too:
http://www.somethingawful.com/current-movie-reviews/after-earth-purge/3/

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Weird...usually big releases come out at or near the same time in South Korea as they do everywhere else but this one was delayed by a few months. Doesn't help that the movie also sounded pretty boring coming right after After Earth and The Purge. I will forever wonder whether it is legal to get gay married on Purge Night.

Frozen's release date is also a big question mark right now, which seems weird considering that's it's a Disney Princess film. But I'll actually be paying attention for that one, since it sounds interesting.

corker2k
Feb 22, 2013

Vargo posted:

Bravo! Seems I owe you one inkless pen

TheBigC
Jan 22, 2007
Maybe it's just the beard but I though Kline was supposed to stand in for Billy Murray, doing general comic relief. Or I assume so at least, like most people I decided to skip this turkey.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I thought Kline was supposed to be Robin Williams. He kind of resembled him.

For those who haven't seen it (most of you) his character's storyline involves him trying to get laid in Vegas so he can respark his love life with his wife. This was his wife's idea. This whole movie was really just too raunchy to be a good "dad" comedy.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Vargo posted:

Al Pacino has dignity left?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Professor Clumsy posted:

Al Pacino has dignity left?

:thejoke:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Until they said it was Kevin Kline, I thought it was Richard Dreyfuss.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
there's some text missing from The Book Thief listicle item #1

quote:

That Young Adult label also explains&

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Vesi posted:

there's some text missing from The Book Thief listicle item #1

I thought he meant that it explains #2.

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...
The dreaded ellipsis/ampersand switcheroo strikes again!

Yes, that was meant to be a transition.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

loving ellipses!

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
About The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I checked on the novel and the 1947 version and how does this movie use the daydreaming aspect (which seems very central)? A beaten down man daydreams to escape drudgery, the dreams sparked by something happening around him. Something I feel has been done many times before.

I got the impression from the review that the only thing in common between novel and movie is the guy daydreams a lot. Does he actually go on adventures trying to find Penns character or is it all dreams? Skateboarding, really? A dream as well?

Buffalo squeeze fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 8, 2013

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I reviewed Last Vegas about a month back for my newspaper. To sum it up it's essentially the movie version of the creepy old guy who sits in his car at the beach and leers at all the girls in their bikinis.

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

Only this time it's Morgan Freeman hopped up to rapist on Redbull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

TrixRabbi posted:

I reviewed Last Vegas about a month back for my newspaper. To sum it up it's essentially the movie version of the creepy old guy who sits in his car at the beach and leers at all the girls in their bikinis.

You have a clipping of it?

• Locked thread