Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

I learned most of that song off a tab, love Boardwalk

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/brian_jonestown_massacre/straight_up_and_down_ver2_tab_1120521id_13012012date.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Being one google search and three chords away. Seriously, they don't need to be in Rocksmith they're so (for the most part) simple. Not as insultingly easy as Blitzkrieg Bop though.

Also, apparently acoustic songs sound horrible still so there's that. :(

Sure Blitzkrieg Bop is simple as far as chords, but keeping up with the speed and switching chords isn't easy for those of us who are out of practice. I used to play the song a long time ago, but since I stopped playing it hurts my hands a bit trying to keep up.

You can sort the songs by difficulty (I wish they had some kind of visual rating system though)

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
So how much faster is the interface on RS2014 compared to the original on the PS3?

All these PLEASE WAIT .. SAVING screens after you do anything are getting really old.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Present posted:

So how much faster is the interface on RS2014 compared to the original on the PS3?

All these PLEASE WAIT .. SAVING screens after you do anything are getting really old.

I might not be much help as I have the game installed on an SSD, but there are no loading screens. Like I press enter to play a song, and the animation to fade out the UI is the only perceptible delay in switching to play mode.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

I might not be much help as I have the game installed on an SSD, but there are no loading screens. Like I press enter to play a song, and the animation to fade out the UI is the only perceptible delay in switching to play mode.

Pretty much same on PS3, just a little slower.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Blitzkrieg Bop is my warmup song, sometimes you need something you can easily 100% to boost your confidence before trying Satch Boogie and crying.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

I was on that exact same page earlier. I think I might learn it on acoustic guitar.
I was thinking of messing around with the song on my acoustic since for my birthday my dad got a setup done on my Martin and it has been sitting there not being played much since. Need to start playing some of the stuff outside of the game and practice practice practice.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Why did I wait so long to check out Justinguitar?

Seriously, anyone who has picked this game up owes it to themselves to do some of his lessons. They build a lot of confidence and teach valuable skills and good habits.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nocheez posted:

Why did I wait so long to check out Justinguitar?

Youth is wasted on the young, basically. :v:

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

xzzy posted:

Youth is wasted on the young, basically. :v:

Linking to the previous thread in the OP would be a good idea. It had tons of great information in it. If I hadnt already seen it I wouldnt have known about rondo or justinguitar.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xzzy posted:

I have it on a normal HD and it barely has any load times except the initial one that lasts like 5 seconds

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Sweet, thanks for the heads up, gonna get it! :dance:

Crash Fistfight
Mar 29, 2007

First now I understood the true complexity of women.
Update on tapping Baba O'Reilly: Hard as poo poo.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Day 17: Finally beat the first progression of Castle Chordead. :thumbsup:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

So has anyone else bought any DLC their mildly ashamed of?

I'll admit I bought "Bring me to Life" and a couple of the Green Day songs for shits and giggles, but they are actually just difficult enough to give me a challenge, but easy enough that I don't want to throw my guitar through my TV.

I have managed to get up to 98.7% on "Blitzkrieg Bop", and I think my problem is keeping up with the chord changes.

And is it just me or are the chords in the main riff of "Just Like Heaven" awkward? Maybe I'm just not used to them yet.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

joylessdivision posted:

And is it just me or are the chords in the main riff of "Just Like Heaven" awkward? Maybe I'm just not used to them yet.

The main riff is spot on and true to how it is played live. I used to play the poo poo out of this song when I was in highschool on an acoustic, so playing the chords on an electric does seem a bit weird.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
http://forums.smithyanvil.com/viewtopic.php?id=1294
Custom song toolkit for 2014 has been released, people can start authoring 2014 customs now.

quote:

NEW IN 2.2.0.0:

* Full support for create RS2014 custom songs (all toolkit features included like packer/unpacker, packer CLI, AppId Update, tone import, etc);
* New improved interface;
* All platforms supported, including Mac (RS2014) and a improved PS3 support;
* RS2014 only: New DLC Converter (allow user to convert from any platform to another with one click);
* DDC integrated (Dynamic Difficulty Creator) [thanks to chlipouni];
* Packer/Unpacker now compatible with any platform and game version include PS3;
* So many improvements and bug fixes.

To play custom songs on PC and Mac platform is required a patch to bypass song signature that will be released in a tutorial in smithyanvil. (for consoles is not required).

fe: I'm not involved in this, just passing it along

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
That owns.

Though i'm kinda worried by the fact that you'll need to patch your game to play customs. That seems like the thing Ubisoft would LOVE to ban people for.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Sorry if its been answered and I missed it, but if I have Rocksmith 1 on 360 can I import the tracks if I get the steam version?

Edited for clarity

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

A Bug posted:

Sorry if its been answered and I missed it, but if I have Rocksmith 1 on 360 can I import the tracks if I get the steam version?

Edited for clarity

Nope. You have to buy the steam version of RS 1 and the import tool. Both of those have been on sale as part of the steam deals, so will probably be on sale again on the last day.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Tarq posted:

The main riff is spot on and true to how it is played live. I used to play the poo poo out of this song when I was in highschool on an acoustic, so playing the chords on an electric does seem a bit weird.

Glad its not just me. I'm trying to learn it mostly for my girlfriend but that main riff is a nightmare to try and play at times. Then it starts throwing all these other chords at me and I start cursing the ground Robert Smith walks on. Its all rather ugly.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Kaboobi posted:

All of the older DLC is 50% off on Steam right now.
:getin:

The base game is down to $15, though it might be a daily sale at some point so

The Disc Import Tool is $7.50.
About 12 hours left on the RS1 DLC 50% off steam sale according to the store timers; is there anything people would specifically recommend? I have maaaaaaaaaaybe 3-4 DLC songs from the first one, and was wondering what might be fun to play seeing as I'm not familiar with a lot of stuff.

Disc import tool is still $10 :argh:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone gotten anywhere close to 10mil in Temple of Bends? The floor/ceiling speed ramps up so fast it seems like there's no chance whatsoever.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Tarq posted:

Nope. You have to buy the steam version of RS 1 and the import tool. Both of those have been on sale as part of the steam deals, so will probably be on sale again on the last day.

Thank you.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
All of the Black Keys DLC is really fun to play. All The Small Things and some of the Offspring songs are fun power chord-fests if you're into that thing or simply want to get better at power chords. If you like bluesy stuff then The Thrill Is Gone and Bright Lights are also great.

Looking forward so seeing all the 2014 customs show up.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
First custom has been submitted over on Smithyanvil.com it seems. System of a Down, Aerials with all four platforms supported. PC and Mac need an extra runtime file while 360 and PS3 need to be hardware modded to run them.

Verizian fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 3, 2013

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
Very excited about 2014 customs. Y'all are doing the lord's work.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
What's the deal with customs, do you have to go out and supply your own MP3 of the song or do they distribute the MP3 with it? Is talking about where to get them etc. considered :filez: here?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Everything that's in a regular Rocksmith song is in a custom song, save for a few exceptions. I'm sure it's no problem if we talk about them here, if just to give recommendations on good customs. They all come from the same source, Smithy Anvil, so there's really no need to link people to the songs themselves.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

joylessdivision posted:

So has anyone else bought any DLC their mildly ashamed of?

I'll admit I bought "Bring me to Life" and a couple of the Green Day songs for shits and giggles, but they are actually just difficult enough to give me a challenge, but easy enough that I don't want to throw my guitar through my TV.

Day 1 purchase of Maroon 5, say somethin' I dare you.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I wouldn't mind learning Harder to Breathe. It's about the ONLY song of theirs I like. But beyond that, I don't actually own any of the DLC so mine's all theoretical shame.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I wouldn't mind learning Harder to Breathe. It's about the ONLY song of theirs I like. But beyond that, I don't actually own any of the DLC so mine's all theoretical shame.

The bassline on Misery is pretty fun. Girls like Maroon 5. I encourage more people to try it out and not be so super-serious-omfgubisoftwhere'sthemetal about this game.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Tarq posted:

And in case it's not on sale cheaper again, Amazon's still selling it for $7.50. I don't know if that ends in ~2 hours at midnight PST or tomorrow, though.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
The Who Song Pack – $11.99

The Who “Baba O’Riley” (E Standard: A454)
The Who “Behind Blue Eyes” (E Standard: A447)
The Who “Who Are You”
The Who “Pinball Wizard”
The Who “The Seeker”

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

toymach1ne posted:

The Who “Who Are You”
The Who “Pinball Wizard”
The Who “The Seeker”

God drat it.

I swear I'm spending so much money on DLC for this game it's kinda sick

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

toymach1ne posted:

The Who “Who Are You”
The Who “Pinball Wizard”
The Who “The Seeker”

Meh, skipping this one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kinda hoping they would've had Magic Bus :(

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Those are probably the correct songs to hsve chosen, but I would have loved Eminence Front to have made it in.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Parkingtigers posted:

Those are probably the correct songs to hsve chosen, but I would have loved Eminence Front to have made it in.
Yeah, I was hoping for this as well. Even so...

joylessdivision posted:

God drat it.

I swear I'm spending so much money on DLC for this game it's kinda sick
:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Parkingtigers posted:

God drat that would be awesome.