Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
John Waters Warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Suben posted:

killing himself but not before he smashed one of Nobunaga's favorite tea kettles just to be a prick.
Unless this version outdoes the version in Hyouge Mono, I'm not impressed. :colbert:

Oh, and Siliconera has more screenshots of him including one of his attacks.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So in what I assume is a bizarre, misguided attempt by Tecmo Koei to match Sengoku BASARA, Samurai Warriors 4 will have an anime special.

edit: Updated with English info.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 6, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

First trailer for Samurai Warriors 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJcAkbryUj0

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I'm looking forward to SW4. I mean, it already looks way better than 3.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Is it weird that the thing that stood out the most to me is that they actually put No in armor?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Nope, that's what I noticed too.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Can you still do that counter-attack in Samurai Warriors? I noticed from the first one when you get into weapon deadlocks that if you win you randomly pull off an instant-kill attack (or very well near it) and that's not present in DW.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Policenaut posted:

So in what I assume is a bizarre, misguided attempt by Tecmo Koei to match Sengoku BASARA, Samurai Warriors 4 will have an anime special.

edit: Updated with English info.

Can't be all that much worse considering that it is fair to call Sengoku Basara's anime a bizarre, misguided attempt in and of itself.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Sengoku Basara's anime was full of BURNING SPIRIT and was silly and amazing. I hope SW4's anime will be as entertaining.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The SB anime had a Hiroyuki Sawano soundtrack. That gives it some points.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I found this pretty :3: picture of Lu Bu and crew struggling with fatherhood.

Also, in case anyone hasn't gotten a chance to listen to some of the new XL music, I recommend these three. They all appear in Lu Bu's story of course and are all rad.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I wish there was some kind of time travel device that could allow us to abduct these historical figures from their time periods, so they could be shown the games depictions of them, and especially their fan art. This would probably be the best reaction-cam show of all time.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lunethex posted:

I found this pretty :3: picture of Lu Bu and crew struggling with fatherhood.

Ugggh, I want 8withXL and a PS4 so much now. Father-Daughter Wartime Roadtrip: The Game.

We still don't have an English release date, do we?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

5er posted:

I wish there was some kind of time travel device that could allow us to abduct these historical figures from their time periods, so they could be shown the games depictions of them, and especially their fan art. This would probably be the best reaction-cam show of all time.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who had a thought about that. It was passing but sometimes I just wondered if the real people saw this and how they would react :v:

"Wait you mean I can roar at several thousand decibels, ride an unholy and unnatural horse into battle while one-handing an extremely heavy and powerful weapon?

I wish I could have done that before..."

Schubalts posted:

Ugggh, I want 8withXL and a PS4 so much now. Father-Daughter Wartime Roadtrip: The Game.

We still don't have an English release date, do we?

Nope.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm pretty sure that a Samurai Warriors game made by TK using the ridiculous character design and story direction from Sengoku Basara would be the best game ever made.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Also, renders for the now-white-haired Motonari, Ujiyasu with his warhammer-walking-stick, Lady Hayakawa (Ujiyasu's daughter), and Kobayakawa Takakage.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

They're just now asking the question of how weapons work in Musou world when Yuanji was using Throwing Knives since DW7. Throwing Knives of all things.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.
I wish Koei released Warship Gunner 3 for the PS4...or the PS3. Coop and PVP multiplayer is all the series needs for a better product.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 is $12.50 if you have PS Plus (at least in North America). I liked the first well enough, but I've heard the latest one is completely different. Is that in a good or bad way?

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

TerryLennox posted:

I wish Koei released Warship Gunner 3 for the PS4...or the PS3. Coop and PVP multiplayer is all the series needs for a better product.

Jesus, yes. Those games were seriously amazing and I can't even imagine how cool a more contemporary version would be considering the sort of insanity you could get up to with the high-level battlecarriers. A modern WG title is up there on my "it will never happen, but OH MAN IF ONLY" list.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010

Autumncomet posted:

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 is $12.50 if you have PS Plus (at least in North America). I liked the first well enough, but I've heard the latest one is completely different. Is that in a good or bad way?

It's good, it's not incredible, but for $12.50, it's definitely worth it, especially if you liked the first one. There's a lot more characters, and a lot of them play really different and uniquely. The main story is a lot better better, since instead of trying to follow the manga and condensing/deleting a lot of stuff, it just does a lot of crazy "Well, what if char X fought char Y" kinda stuff. There's also no bullshit platforming/QTE sections, just pure musou gameplay. Other than getting rid of that stuff, it actually isn't that different, it just refines a lot of the gameplay stuff that was kind of shaky in the first game. My biggest problem is it gets a bit samey after a while, even for a musou game, since pretty much most of the stages boil down to beat x number of officers/capture x bases and then beat the commander. But for $12.50, you'll get your money's worth before you get tired of it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

It's good, it's not incredible, but for $12.50, it's definitely worth it, especially if you liked the first one. There's a lot more characters, and a lot of them play really different and uniquely. The main story is a lot better better, since instead of trying to follow the manga and condensing/deleting a lot of stuff, it just does a lot of crazy "Well, what if char X fought char Y" kinda stuff. There's also no bullshit platforming/QTE sections, just pure musou gameplay. Other than getting rid of that stuff, it actually isn't that different, it just refines a lot of the gameplay stuff that was kind of shaky in the first game. My biggest problem is it gets a bit samey after a while, even for a musou game, since pretty much most of the stages boil down to beat x number of officers/capture x bases and then beat the commander. But for $12.50, you'll get your money's worth before you get tired of it.

Yeah. It's a great game but it is several levels above any other Musou game I've played for repetitive slogging. Not counting challenges, there's ~80 stages but there are only a handful of maps and like three different overall goals throughout them.

Then once you beat all of those levels and unlock Dual Ability Teach then you get to go through them all again using him and doing nothing but spam your SP attack because it's the only way to consistently get S ranks in stages, especially on the higher level ones. Then you get to do it again to beat them on Very Hard.

The gameplay is really solid though and it offers a lot to fans of the show/manga in terms of playable characters. Being able to play a Musou game as Akainu or Marco or Kuma is as awesome as it sounds.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Lunethex posted:

Wow, I thought I was the only one who had a thought about that. It was passing but sometimes I just wondered if the real people saw this and how they would react :v:

Zhang He.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

"Xiahou Yuan was actually a better dancer than that."

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Is Bleach: Soul Resurrección any good? Looks kinda basic for a Mosou-style game, but I do love me some Bleach.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Is Bleach: Soul Resurrección any good? Looks kinda basic for a Mosou-style game, but I do love me some Bleach.

Yeah it's a decent game. Fair character selection, but the stages are kinda bland. Similar skill point unlock thing like DW7. It's the Hueco Mundo arc, so you get to play as a bunch of those dudes.

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 12, 2013

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

The white-haired Motonari is Takakage Kobayakawa who's one of Motonari's sons and... served his father and Hideyoshi. :geno:

He's a pretty odd choice since he's nothing even remotely important historically afaik. They'd have been better off using Hideaki, his adopted son, since he's known for one thing but that one thing is really drat important (turning on the Western Army during Sekigahara which turned the battle in Ieyasu's favor).

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Suben posted:

He's a pretty odd choice since he's nothing even remotely important historically afaik. They'd have been better off using Hideaki, his adopted son, since he's known for one thing but that one thing is really drat important (turning on the Western Army during Sekigahara which turned the battle in Ieyasu's favor).
Considering his prior characterizations as a cowardly character (heck, Sengoku BASARA isn't any more flattering) it doesn't seem like KOEI's interested -- not least since the "historical lore" basis is indecisiveness -- though of course that hasn't stopped them from completely rewriting characters once they become uniques, much less playable, i.e. Sima Zhao pre-DW7.

Oh, and Dynasty Warriors Online is going down in North America, though the fact that none of us were even talking about DWO for months on end probably signifies how little traction it had here.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I didn't even know there was a Dynasty Warriors Online

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

caleramaen posted:

I didn't even know there was a Dynasty Warriors Online

It was alright, but it's super grindy and you only got to play the same 2 maps over and over for a long time.

Zanna
Oct 9, 2012

Suben posted:

The white-haired Motonari is Takakage Kobayakawa who's one of Motonari's sons and... served his father and Hideyoshi. :geno:

I'm pretty sure the white-haired Motonari is actually Motonari, and that the guy with the book and rod is Takakage.

While he doesn't have any single particular act or event he's known for, Takakage was still one of the Mori's top generals, along with his brother Motoharu Kikkawa; they were nicknamed the Two Rivers, and Takakage is often thought of as the most intelligent of Motonari's sons, and the brains to Motoharu's brawn. He also was apparently a good friend of Hideyoshi's who may have helped negotiate the Mori's surrender, was significantly involved in the invasions of Shikoku and Kyushu, and was originally going to be the sixth regent for Hideyori, alongside his nephew Terumoto Mori, as well as Ieyasu Tokugawa, Toshiie Maeda, Kagekatsu Uesugi, and Hideie Ukita; however, he predeceased Hideyoshi by a year, so the position was scrapped. I could easily see them stretching things a little bit and having him play his adopted son's role at Sekigahara; after all, they've had Ujiyasu and Motonari fighting in battles that took place decades after they died.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Zanna posted:

I'm pretty sure the white-haired Motonari is actually Motonari, and that the guy with the book and rod is Takakage.
The only difference between Motonari's overall look compared to SW3, WO3 and Pokemon Conquest is his SW4 hair color.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

PureRok posted:

It was alright, but it's super grindy and you only got to play the same 2 maps over and over for a long time.
It was also hilariously unbalanced, unless they changed things in the years since I played. One of the weapons could be used to infinitely juggle an opponent.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Didn't know a new Nobunaga's Ambition game had just come out :stare:

Speaking of PSN, has anyone seen any actual evidence that Shin Gundam Musou is coming out on the JP store this Thursday? I can't find it on the PSN site and that seems really weird because Koei puts like everything out on PSN.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Top Gym Pumper posted:

Speaking of PSN, has anyone seen any actual evidence that Shin Gundam Musou is coming out on the JP store this Thursday? I can't find it on the PSN site and that seems really weird because Koei puts like everything out on PSN.

The PlayStation site often misses stuff out before release. It's not mentioned in too many places, but Dengeki has entries for the downloadable versions and a Bandai Namco blog mentions the downloadable version. Annoyingly, the download price isn't discounted from the RRP like most games are so you're looking at 7980 on PS3 and 6980 on Vita.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I actually think, if/when it gets an American release, that Shin Gundam Musou will be the first one I skip. Literally everything added is from SEED and SEED Destiny except for like one or two suits from Unicorn and one (Beargguy) from the first Gunpla Builders OVA.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Suben posted:

I actually think, if/when it gets an American release, that Shin Gundam Musou will be the first one I skip. Literally everything added is from SEED and SEED Destiny except for like one or two suits from Unicorn and one (Beargguy) from the first Gunpla Builders OVA.
I should have skipped 3 I think, Shin looks like a massive improvement. I can't be sure though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They really need some suits from the current Build Fighters series in Shin, they're all practically designed for ridiculous Musou stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Just in case you bought a WiiU and are feeling left out, Nintendo have your back.

:stare: