Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
E: Holy poo poo wrong thread ignore this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:stonklol:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Other than a limp wrist what kind of gesture is a homophobic gesture?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Robbie Fowler's interaction with Graeme Le Saux comes to mind.

Anyway...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

How clever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Where's Matt Smith?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Haggis Heed posted:

Where's Matt Smith?

Cup-tied

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CisSTAR 19 posted:

How clever.

Where do you get all these awful posts?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Bearded Genius's stuff is usually pretty good tbh

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Taff posted:

I just checked him out and no...good god no.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Taff posted:

No it isn't

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

I appears Taff has revealed his alter ego.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Shouldn't Taff's alter ego be funny :newlol:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I think some are ironic. Others, though...

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

http://dontpaniconline.com/magazine/radar/improvements-that-could-be-made-to-football

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Improvements that can be made to football: Stop listing improvements that can be made to football.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
In my past articles I have stated if the Houston Dynamo wish to continue playing the 4-4-2 they would need a Forward/Striker who can score at least 40% of the time to pair with Bruin who currently scores 30% of the time. Alfie could possibly be that player! In his time at Reading F.C. he is getting the ball in the net 38% of the time which is pretty darn good.

http://www.dynamotheory.com/2013/11/1/5055234/transfer-target-adam-le-fondre

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Smiley Face posted:

In my past articles I have stated if the Houston Dynamo wish to continue playing the 4-4-2 they would need a Forward/Striker who can score at least 40% of the time to pair with Bruin who currently scores 30% of the time. Alfie could possibly be that player! In his time at Reading F.C. he is getting the ball in the net 38% of the time which is pretty darn good.

The opening paragraph is amazing, I assume a 7 year old Latvian boy interning for them wrote it?

quote:

So a rumor has been swelling come shortly after the conclusion of the MLS Cup the Houston Dynamo staff will be on a scouting trip to Europe. A couple of days ago the rumor was further expanded on stating the trip will comprise of the team searching for a Forward to help get us goals, even further expanded with a name drop!

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

T. Finninho posted:

The opening paragraph is amazing, I assume a 7 year old Latvian boy interning for them wrote it?

I know, it was linked on a Reading Fans forum as a rumour and I loved it

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Smiley Face posted:

hahaha

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

60% of the time it works, every time

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Smiley Face posted:

Why doesn't he want his team to sign a player who scores 100% of the time? Where's the ambition?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
I Believed in Sir Alex.
I followed his final command and supported Moyes from day 1.

Pre-Season was a mess. We said he was new and learning the capabilities of the team. We Stood by Him.

Season started, we struggled. They embarrassed us in the Transfer window by bidding for . We still stood by Him, he was still learning the ropes.

Results became better. We finally thought the worst was over. We defeated Arsenal, we thought we were back in the Title Race. Now where are we?

It's nearly Christmas and we are 12 adrift in 9th. Our Hope wanes.

But we still believe we can turn this around. We still believe. Not in Moyes. Not in Sir Alex.

But in United.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
On the other hand, Germany and Portugal probably would rather they didn't see us. We were the strongest team in our pot. We find a way to qualify out of the group, the Round of 16 game should actually be easier because we'd get a Group H team.

We want to say we can take on anyone? Well, here we go. We've got some words to back up.

Besides, doesn't Portugal choke, like, all the time? They're the neighborhood pitbull that turns out to roll over and want belly rubs.

Lately? The most major thing they have is the SkyDome Cup, a one-off in Toronto in the dead of winter of 1995 against Canada and Denmark's B teams. That is literally the most major trophy they have.

Ghana, yeah. But we've got half a year to beat the war drums on that one, and being first in line means we'll be focusing extra hard on them.

As far as the travel... we're the US. We do travel here. We have road trips from Seattle to Boston to Los Angeles built into our league schedules. If anyone can handle travel, it's us.

Travel is not going to be a factor with Group H. We can take anyone in that group if we get to that point. Belgium's going to be a bit frightening, but we can always potentially dodge them and get South Korea or Russia.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
That is the most elaborate way of saying "Ronaldo is not a big game player" I've ever seen

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

do I need to say it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This is in the Mirror today and that is not Gael Bigirimana

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Scott Bakula posted:

This is in the Mirror today and that is not Gael Bigirimana

Did Steven Taylor write that article?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I can't be arsed to copy the whole post because its not that funny but I've just read some unironically use the term "a Dutch 9 fixed pivot"

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Blue Screen Error posted:

I can't be arsed to copy the whole post because its not that funny but I've just read some unironically use the term "a Dutch 9 fixed pivot"

I hope that person gets leprosy

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Was this it?

Some Idiot posted:

Bravo Bethnal, good analysis
The "winger flies down the wing, crosses into box for les Ferdinand to power a header home" is nostalgic and statistically unlikely the way Norwich play. It is fairly poor odds for any team now (though memorable when it does, meaning it makes a stronger "imprint" on watching supporters..)
Given our propensity to sit deep, build slowly and retain shape guarding against turnovers, inverted wingers shooting from between opposition defensive and midfield lines is a logical and common ploy (as stats show). To link to a famous thread young Quagliarella was eyed for this reason, to drop into and shoot from that space. As you state, a mobile running striker, or a Dutch 9 fixed pivot can be used to create this space. Whilst appearing isolated, it can be deliberate to ensure the space for the inverted wingers to move into.
In response to "why can't they do it more?".. In short when you play teams better than you, you have to go backwards and the distance between lines becomes greater, further neutering your attacking potential should you win the ball.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
It was exactly that, I hate him he's the biggest twat on a forum full of twats.

He's an Italian who bafflingly chose to support Norwich and spends his time berating locals for enjoying Lambert's 'English anti football' while insisting that Hughton is on a mission to make us a continental style pressing and possession team despite all evidence to the contrary, its utterly bizarre.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Somewhere Jeremy Goss just threw up and he doesn't know why.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

Blue Screen Error posted:

It was exactly that, I hate him he's the biggest twat on a forum full of twats.

He's an Italian who bafflingly chose to support Norwich and spends his time berating locals for enjoying Lambert's 'English anti football' while insisting that Hughton is on a mission to make us a continental style pressing and possession team despite all evidence to the contrary, its utterly bizarre.

Tell him about Watford he should support them.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

General Probe posted:

Was this it?

lol this post

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
mods please rename me 'Dutch 9 fixed pivot' tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

pissy smelliott posted:

I Believed in Sir Alex.
I followed his final command and supported Moyes from day 1.

Pre-Season was a mess. We said he was new and learning the capabilities of the team. We Stood by Him.

Season started, we struggled. They embarrassed us in the Transfer window by bidding for . We still stood by Him, he was still learning the ropes.

Results became better. We finally thought the worst was over. We defeated Arsenal, we thought we were back in the Title Race. Now where are we?

It's nearly Christmas and we are 12 adrift in 9th. Our Hope wanes.

But we still believe we can turn this around. We still believe. Not in Moyes. Not in Sir Alex.

But in United.

Ha, I read this last week in the Football365 mailbag. There's some gold in those mailboxes. You also forgot he signed off as "Karthik K"

here's some gold, possible trolling:

Please just let David Moyes get on with his job. It's hard enough as it is. As a United/football fan every time I come onto your site all I see is a different headline involving the awkwardness of a decision that David Moyes has made. If you are so interested in football surely something to do with the match-fixing scandal is currently more relevant instead of bashing an 'easy target'?

Or do you just love the fact that United are currently struggling so much?! Maybe in the league but we're about to finish top of our Champions League group. Will you be promoting how well he's done there? I think not.

Kind Regards and end of my rant.
Adam (Enjoy the struggle while it lasts because it won't last very long)

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 10, 2013