Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011
Today I created a security account for a Janepher. I've never met anyone with a special snowflake spelling so that one just floored me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Say it out loud.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Say it out loud.

Is it Lasonya, or Iasonya? (why wouldn't you capitalize names?)

I'm going to go with former and imagine she says it as "La Sonya".

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Had a German exchange student called Effe Funt stay over when I was a kid

Cue lots of terrible cream bun and trumpeting jokes

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

eithedog posted:

Is it Lasonya, or Iasonya? (why wouldn't you capitalize names?)

I'm going to go with former and imagine she says it as "La Sonya".

Either way it still sounds like a delicious pasta meal.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
My last name is Peacock.
Before anyone asks, yes, I do pea with my cock, har har har.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was gonna ask if your feathers were properly plumed this time of year.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

Noose Induce posted:

My last name is Peacock.

Out of interest, is your first name Josh? I've known 3 people with the surname Peacock and they were all Josh Peacocks.

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.

One Swell Foop posted:

Out of interest, is your first name Josh? I've known 3 people with the surname Peacock and they were all Josh Peacocks.

Or Bobby, and if so, do you ride motorcycles as a hobby?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not the worst name, but a few months ago, I was listening to the radio and the hosts were talking with a guy whose name was Michael Hunt. This wasn't some random caller doing a bit, this was some sports journalist or something (something sports related, I think). Every time one of the hosts mentioned his name, they made sure to pronounce it very clearly, to the point of being able to hear the "I am saying every syllable of this name so it doesn't sound like anything" in his voice.

The next time the show had a live show I could attend, I jokingly razzed one of the hosts about it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Noose Induce posted:

My last name is Peacock.

I bet Clue/do is lots of fun in your house.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Noose Induce posted:

My last name is Peacock.
You're a little young for the forums, aren't you?

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
In Charleston, South Carolina, a man named Jarrel Wigger runs the Wigger Law Firm.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Putting some business cards in the company database, came across this business:
http://www.buttsburyconsulting.com/

Founder? Richard Brown. Now, on it's own, that's nothing special, but after choosing to call his business that, I can only assume the guy never goes by Dick.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Noose Induce posted:

My last name is Peacock.

I went to school with a Chris Peacock...

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
La-a

It was pronounced "La-Dash-A" and she was applying to college.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

---

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Apr 2, 2014

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

What about this one: Shtorby

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Inspector Zenigata posted:

You're an idiot

Was she applying with her brothers Orangejello and Lemonjello? Did her mom, Chlamydia, and her dad, Meconium, join her on her tour?

I wish I wasn't serious. If it makes it any better, she was denied.

edit: Now I actually see why you said that. Unfortunately, it is true and I have the record to prove it :(. Sorry I caused an issue though, wasn't my intention.

Just so I'm not actually racist:

suddenlyissoon has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Dec 3, 2013

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

You're an idiot

Was she applying with her brothers Orangejello and Lemonjello? Did her mom, Chlamydia, and her dad, Meconium, join her on her tour?

Don't forget the loving advice from Aunt Female!

No one cares if it's true, it's been repeated so many times it's anti-funny.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

---

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 23:04 on Apr 2, 2014

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

I'm shocked that you seem to have a degree of evidence; it's against the thread rules to reference La-a because so, so many people have posted the same old "my aunt/cousin/mother is a nurse/teacher/lawyer and her patient/student/client is named La-a, and every single one that I've seen has been doing some serious dogwhistling. Per the OP:

I understand that now, that's why I provided the proof. The screen I attached is from Banner (student information system that many colleges & universities use). Anyone involved in college admissions can verify it. Honest to God, wasn't trying to threadshit or be racist.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I had a student once who heard the "La dash a" joke and told me she was totally going to use it for her next baby. Perhaps someone beat her to it near twenty year ago. Or someone decided to change their name to that because people are weird and change their names to all sorts of weird poo poo, like Megatron (not a Family Guy joke) and Beezow Doo-doo Zopittybop-bop-bop

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wayne Gretzky posted:

What about this one: Shtorby
We're getting dangerously close to Shmorky here!

Anyway...

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
I went to highs cool with a Foreign kid named Set Ondyx.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

I have a friend named Scoopey

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

Not really all that terrible to me, but one of my mom's doctors is Dr. Lady Di. She's too old to be named after the actual Lady Diana but I giggle a little every time I go with her.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

suddenlyissoon posted:

I understand that now, that's why I provided the proof. The screen I attached is from Banner (student information system that many colleges & universities use). Anyone involved in college admissions can verify it. Honest to God, wasn't trying to threadshit or be racist.

You proved it, it's cool by me. And very funny.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
http://www.azcentral.com/community/surprise/articles/20130924judge-declares-mistrial-in-temple-killings-retrial-of-johnathan-doody-abrk.html
This guy is in the news in AZ recently, getting a retrial for murdering 9 monks at a Buddhist temple.
His name is Johnathan Doody. It's pronounced exactly how you think it is.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

First and middle name of a new applicant:

TyQuazsha Kha-Nayhi

Still trying to get clarification from the school counselor on how to pronounce the middle name.

One of my co-workers upon seeing this name told me that she went to school with a girl named Fajita Ooten.

suddenlyissoon has a new favorite as of 19:46 on Dec 5, 2013

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I was subbing in a middle school class last year and doing roll call by last name. Then I reached Stephen Manlove.

Maybe he pronounces it differently, but I just asked for Steve.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Krispy Kareem posted:

I was subbing in a middle school class last year and doing roll call by last name. Then I reached Stephen Manlove.

Yesterday I looked over the full list of names before I started calling for people, which was a good move. I decided to call by last name, partly because they were all easily pronounceable. But mostly because toward the end of the list, I saw there was a boy whose first name was pronounced "Cheeto."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Krispy Kareem posted:

Did he nod at you in understanding when you said his name?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Did he nod at you in understanding when you said his name?

I didn't make eye contact.

I can't pronounce half the names on those roll sheets. I now warn kids first that I'll use whichever name looks easiest to pronounce.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Served a Jisha tonight.

Jisha.

Smam
Jul 31, 2003
I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't speak to him personally, but I took a phone order from a Richard Poop the other day.
...Dick Poop.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I still have about a million of these...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of gravestones,

My great grandpa is buried directly across the path from this motherfucker.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 10:24 on Dec 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

Speaking of gravestones,