Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Johnny Aztec posted:

Well, going by the size of that bulge, he either poo poo himself or "Doll Man" is anatomically correct.

Only Doll Girl knows for sure...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DarkCrawler posted:

Either the colorist just heard "Africa" and ran with it, or I just learned that Doctor Doom is a black dude.

Unstable melanins.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Unstable melanins.

:golfclap:

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

Fereydun posted:

A+X 14:
Magneto hates supervillains.

This is pretty funny, but how would Otto not know Magneto was in the Holocaust? Magneto's like the bin Laden of mutants, so you'd think at least the broad strokes of his back story would be common knowledge for anyone reasonably educated.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Billy Idle posted:

This is pretty funny, but how would Otto not know Magneto was in the Holocaust? Magneto's like the bin Laden of mutants, so you'd think at least the broad strokes of his back story would be common knowledge for anyone reasonably educated.

Because he is an egomaniac and doesn't think about other people.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Turns out Captain Marvel predicted the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Captain Marvel Adventures #98.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Savage Wolverine #12: Superhero costumes are kind of stupid when you think about them! Especially when you look at how much they change through the years.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

ImpAtom posted:

Turns out Captain Marvel predicted the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Captain Marvel Adventures #98.

"That's an INSULT!"

Wisdom of Solomon, that one.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Solomon Grundy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Old Captain Marvel had the best invincible hero fights.

The Marvel Family #1

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm just going to predict that 3/4 of this week's Deadpool ends up here. Best one yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'll lose myself in a crowd and escape, thinks the huge musclebound man in skintight black clothes and a yellow lightning bolt on his chest.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I had no idea Black Adam was originally played by Satan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I'll lose myself in a crowd and escape, thinks the huge musclebound man in skintight black clothes and a yellow lightning bolt on his chest.

Same issue, obviously.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Crowetron posted:

I had no idea Black Adam was originally played by Satan.

Isn't he Egyptian or something? I think that's just how they draw foreigners and non-whites back then.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

Same issue, obviously.

I was really hoping that a circus was travelling by just at that moment for Black Adam to hide within.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ImpAtom posted:

Same issue, obviously.
"Man it's too bad neither of us are super-fast or super-smart, because this seems like it ought to be solvable"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Isn't he Egyptian or something? I think that's just how they draw foreigners and non-whites back then.

Nah, they just draw him as Satan-like because he's evil.

Here's how he became king, by the way.

He's just so casual about it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Team Fortress #2 - Unhappy Returns

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

"Man it's too bad neither of us are super-fast or super-smart, because this seems like it ought to be solvable"

The truth is Solomon was loving stupid as poo poo.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Chinaman7000 posted:

*cuts every crowd member in half trying to find Black Adam*

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
We're missing the panel where Captain Marvel unleashed a cloud of bees to see what they landed on.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Ah, he's from WWE-land.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, they just draw him as Satan-like because he's evil.

Keep what you kill. It's on the pyramids. :cool:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He looks like the lovechild of Richard Nixon and Spock.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm not sure what I love more: Adam's horrific widow's peak or the fact Billy went to hit some guy he's never met before so hard that he'd be surprised if he survived the punch.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Chinaman7000 posted:

I always liked to think king solomon suggested cutting literally all of his problems in half, and that the stopped clock happened to be right that time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ignite Memories posted:

I always liked to think king solomon suggested cutting literally all of his problems in half, and that the stopped clock happened to be right that time.

This actually happens in Promethea #25 - panels from throughout the issue below:

I love his doodling :allears:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ignite Memories posted:

Labyrinth Guy from Oglaf is a distant cousin, huh?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The MSJ posted:

Ah, he's from WWE-land.

Another headlock, Randy Adam?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gavok posted:

Another headlock, Randy Adam?

Oh god. please no.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

AkumaHokoru posted:

Oh god. please no.

Black Adam hears voices in his head. They tell him, "AVENGE US!"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You know, the very concept of Captain Marvel Jr is a bit odd to me.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't Freddy Freeman meant to be slightly older than Billy Batson in their respective mortal forms, or did I imagine that?

Bonto
Aug 8, 2007

Honey!?

Wanderer posted:

He's also writing the script for the Queen and Country movie.

His blog mentions that he'd meant to do a bunch more comics work after his show wrapped up, but then suddenly a bunch of new stuff came into the pipe out of nowhere.

His Actual blog for the rest of you that were as confused as I was after reading that entire thing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MikeJF posted:

You know, the very concept of Captain Marvel Jr is a bit odd to me.

Yeah I always thought the premise behind Captain Marvel was that instead of kids looking up adults they would imagine that they could be the superhero themselves, and that the main premise behind kid sidekicks is to provide a character that the kids could imagine themselves being. So the kids are supposed to identify with being the hero and the sidekick?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Lobok posted:

Yeah I always thought the premise behind Captain Marvel was that instead of kids looking up adults they would imagine that they could be the superhero themselves, and that the main premise behind kid sidekicks is to provide a character that the kids could imagine themselves being. So the kids are supposed to identify with being the hero and the sidekick?

Captain Marvel is there for a child to identify with. Captain marvel Jr. is there for a child to identify with their friends and/or siblings.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Captain Marvel is there for a child to identify with. Captain marvel Jr. is there for a child to identify with their friends and/or siblings.

Ha, I was thinking that but didn't say it, because then the implication is that the kid fantasizes about lording over their friends and siblings. "Hey Timmy wouldn't it be cool if we were both superheroes? I could be the big cool guy and you would still be a kid called Junior."

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Lobok posted:

Ha, I was thinking that but didn't say it, because then the implication is that the kid fantasizes about lording over their friends and siblings. "Hey Timmy wouldn't it be cool if we were both superheroes? I could be the big cool guy and you would still be a kid called Junior."

Think back to yourself when you were, like, eight. Would you have been any different?

(I would not have)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Did anyone else read those last few posts in JJJ and Spidey's voices or was it just me? That was great. :buddy:

• Locked thread