Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
There are some pretty darn good episodes in the first half of season 8 leading into the middle. "Southern Comfort" (the one with Garth-as-Bobby), "Hunter Heroici," then "As Time Goes By" and "Everybody Hates Hitler." And heck, I enjoyed "LARP and the Real Girl." If anything, there's a bit of a drag in the early second half of 8, before it picks up again right towards the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is there ever any mention of Adam after he goes into the cage or is he being tortured down there ever since he went in years ago?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Spikeguy posted:

Is there ever any mention of Adam after he goes into the cage or is he being tortured down there ever since he went in years ago?

Well he agreed to be a host. I assume he's fine in the cage. Sam was the one that fought it and got them all chucked in.

violetflames
Dec 2, 2013

Writer Cath posted:

It's true. Thus far Zeke has only mentioned how far along he is. He's said nothing of Sam's condition. My goodness, he's in a pretty strong bargaining position.

I seriously think that Zeke has to be hiding something. You would think from what Vesta said that Sam is not healing as Zeke promised.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

violetflames posted:

I seriously think that Zeke has to be hiding something. You would think from what Vesta said that Sam is not healing as Zeke promised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mePjkQW_c

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

violetflames posted:

He's definitely hiding from the other Angels although as to why it could vary from "Zeke has special healing powers" to "Zeke is able to one shot anybody".

It looks like this week's episode is the mid-season finale so we'll probably find out then.

e: The synopsis which I just found:

quote:

AN ANGEL WAR BEGINS - After a massive angel slaughter occurs, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) arrive at the scene to investigate and are surprised to run into Castiel (Misha Collins). While investigating, Castiel is captured and tortured. Meanwhile, Dean questions Ezekiel's demands and wonders if it might be time to tell Sam the truth. Thomas J. Wright directed the episode written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner (909).

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

For a long while I avoided watching this show despite it sounding every bit like something I'd watch mostly because I'd seen how batshit insane some of the fanbase is. After some goons in one of the laugh at crazy fandom threads insisted I give the show a chance and keep away from the fandom with a 20 meter cattleprod, I started watching near the end of season 8 and currently have two full series watches done so far.

While I am enjoying the show, even the occasional clunker episode, I do cringe at how hard it is to find anywhere to admit I watch the show or find somewhere to look up stuff about the show without some insane shipping references, knotting fic or assmilk. :barf:

I would like to see more done with the pagan gods. Case in point, the Vesta episode which did have me guessing what it was until the reveal. Though there's still a lot of cryptids they haven't touched yet like Mothman or the Jersey Devil.

As far as the Zeke talk's going, I agree that without question he's hiding something, but so far I'm not getting the sense of it being dickish or malicious. I wouldn't be surprised if he is essentially lying low to gauge the situation considering how alien being human is to angels and how it's been established of how fractioned and factional the angles have been in heaven. I think out of all the angles, Castiel's probably the closest to acclimatized to human form and even he's still learning. I wouldn't mind seeing Joshua making an appearance to hear what his take is on things since he was still talking to God.

I wouldn't be surprised if the fallen angels arc gets resolved with something big like it being a test/learning example from God to restructure heaven almost like how Crowley was restructuring hell for a bit there.

In regards to Zeke healing/not healing Sam, we only have Vesta's word to go on. Yeah, Sam was pretty tore up from the trials and we don't know if there are/were any lasting changes from the transformation he was going through and Vesta's describing Sam as essentially being held together by duct tape could also be a perception cover from Zeke since you'd think she would've sensed something else in Sam if she wasn't able to identify it as angel. Though that does open up quite a bit of question as to what are Zeke's full powers at this point.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

M_Sinistrari posted:

I would like to see more done with the pagan gods. Case in point, the Vesta episode which did have me guessing what it was until the reveal. Though there's still a lot of cryptids they haven't touched yet like Mothman or the Jersey Devil.

More pagan gods would be fantastic, because the strong ones Lucifer didn't kill should be stronger then regular angels and able to smack them around.

Aren't some human wizards also stronger then angels? Spike and Cordelia were witches capable of smacking Leviathans around so angels shouldn't be a big threat.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

pentyne posted:

More pagan gods would be fantastic, because the strong ones Lucifer didn't kill should be stronger then regular angels and able to smack them around.

Aren't some human wizards also stronger then angels? Spike and Cordelia were witches capable of smacking Leviathans around so angels shouldn't be a big threat.

If we go by Lucifer only killed the higher up ones we saw at the hotel, there's a shitload of pagan gods to work with. And good question on the human wizards. Granted the Leviathan they knocked senseless was one of the lower ranks, they're probably all on that level at this point being Dickless.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I know it's frequently mentioned, but Jewish mystic dude and his golem buddy NEED to come back. Really enjoyed that episode.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Jonny 290 posted:

I know it's frequently mentioned, but Jewish mystic dude and his golem buddy NEED to come back. Really enjoyed that episode.

Maybe they could even bring the Gabester with them!

They're never coming back, are they? :smith:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

As part of a Supernatural Justice League meeting in the Bunker no less. It's a pity they got rid of Charlie early this season because she'd be a dead ringer for that roster.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

As part of a Supernatural Justice League meeting in the Bunker no less. It's a pity they got rid of Charlie early this season because she'd be a dead ringer for that roster.

As I find Charlie possibly the most annoying person I've seen in any show, I'm more than fine with her staying off in Oz. The talking like the internet grates on me like nothing else and I do believe her treating paranormal hunting like it's a grand sparkly adventure would likely cause more harm than help. Considering how broken and/or crazy most of the hunters we've seen on the show are, I wouldn't see her lasting long in that crowd.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

M_Sinistrari posted:

Considering how broken and/or crazy most of the hunters we've seen on the show are, I wouldn't see her lasting long in that crowd.

Could be interesting to watch her go through that discovery on her own, though, no?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Lay on Hands posted:

Could be interesting to watch her go through that discovery on her own, though, no?

On that tangent, I'd agree but the her still talking internet and being a twit until then would still drive me up a wall.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
That was hilariously hosed up.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
I really enjoyed that scene.

violetflames
Dec 2, 2013

Lay on Hands posted:

I think it would be amazing. Plus, I think Felicia Day is an incredibly strong female role, which I love that Supernatural encourages that.

P.S. East coast - WOOOO!! (it's on now!)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
poo poo just got real!

violetflames
Dec 2, 2013

Writer Cath posted:

poo poo just got real!

OH MAN. It sure did.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Funny Angels? I know an archangel that would fit that notion :(

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Darko posted:

Oh Lucifer, you card!

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Darko posted:

Uriel was the funniest angel in his garrison :(

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Man angels are dicks.

violetflames
Dec 2, 2013
Woah, that last angel is an intense angel when you look him up. *sorry about the other post if splrs were there!*

violetflames
Dec 2, 2013

Kammat posted:

Man angels are dicks.

they are the biggest dicks.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I didn't catch the beginning, but I guess there's proof that that's not Zeke.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Did Castiel just eat his grace?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Holy poo poo, Cas! Since when could angels slurp up poo poo like that?!

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Holy poo poo, Cas! Since when could angels slurp up poo poo like that?!

It was exactly what Metatron did to him, nice to see Cass picking that up and using it himself. Totally unexpected.

violetflames
Dec 2, 2013
oh poo poo man. THAT is what i am talking about.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
For those curious: Gadriel.

violetflames
Dec 2, 2013

Spergatory posted:

Thank you! I was a sad for a minute, but - amIright??? INTENSE angel.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spergatory posted:

The funny thing is that apparently that's an alternate name for Azazel, also known as yellow-eyes!

violetflames
Dec 2, 2013
maw, KEVIN IS ADORABLE. I really hope his mom is in the 2nd half of the season.

violetflames
Dec 2, 2013
I mean - IF she is alive.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
FUUUUUUUUCK

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Oh poo poo.

BetterToRuleInHell