Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
I have a 3DS, but I really wish PQ was going to Vita instead. Just a better experience for games all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Mustach posted:

I have a 3DS, but I really wish PQ was going to Vita instead. Just a better experience for games all around.

But what about my maps?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I'm betting that Sho is another Kirijobot. He's got the same kind of eye design that Aigis and Labrys have, and his first insulting title is "The Law Breaking Pun Machine." :haw:

Also, Tsukiyomi is ringing all kinds of weird alarm bells for me. Partly because he's the god of the moon (remind me what the plot of Persona 3 was again?), and partly because of his color scheme - black pinstriped outfit with some red tossed in... now where in Persona have we seen that color combination before?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Like a quarter of them.

Half the Vita thread needs to juggle their libraries on 32GB cards (I'd need to on 64 :retrogames:) and most people still think the Vita has no games.

It doesn't, or at least not exclusive games. I bought a 32GB stick but I literally could not fill it up with every Vita game I own despite them being fairly large and me owning pretty much every thing 'worth buying'. Most of what I put on it are PS1 games or cross-buy PS3 games.

P4G is helluva fun but it is also one of the extremely few games worth owning on the Vita.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endorph posted:

Ugh, this Yosuke dude is so generic anime. Dual-wielding kunai? Headphones? Spiky hair? Lame.

I don't even like Yosuke, but that comparison is nuts.

I'm still never gonna get over Sho's Persona design being basically an "evil" Izanagi.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm still never gonna get over Sho's Persona design being basically an "evil" Izanagi.

Well, Tsukuyomi is Izanagi's son, so them looking similar is a given. Not sure that I buy that it looks particularly evil though, considering that most Personas look pretty monstrous.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 3, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

CottonWolf posted:

Well, Tsukuyomi is Izanagi's son, so them looking similar is a given. Not sure that I buy that it looks particularly evil though.

That doesn't really explain Amaterasu or Susano-o though, and they were born at the exact same time.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Strange Quark posted:

That doesn't really explain Amaterasu or Susano-o though, and they were born at the exact same time.

Favoritism :v:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Strange Quark posted:

A fair point, and I guess a 'child' that's born from washing yourself isn't exactly required to look like the 'parent'.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Sho is clearly Yu's son
from the future
This is the consequence of maxing all those S.Links.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

RME posted:

Sho is clearly Yu's son
from the future
This is the consequence of maxing all those S.Links.

Schrödinger's parentage.

The Persona mythology has got so ridiculous, I wouldn't even be surprised. I'd be disappointed if they went that route, but I wouldn't be surprised.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 3, 2013

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm betting that Sho is another Kirijobot. He's got the same kind of eye design that Aigis and Labrys have, and his first insulting title is "The Law Breaking Pun Machine." :haw:

Also, Tsukiyomi is ringing all kinds of weird alarm bells for me. Partly because he's the god of the moon (remind me what the plot of Persona 3 was again?), and partly because of his color scheme - black pinstriped outfit with some red tossed in... now where in Persona have we seen that color combination before?
There's definitely some Midnight Hour stuff going on at the end of the intro video. I don't get a bot vibe yet, though.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You're right about that, then again I never was that interested on P4. Unlike the P3's cast I never was too invested on the Investigation Team, the story's solid and got great moments but in the end I found it forgettable.

You know that was a joke, right?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MrAristocrates posted:

In the Japanese version, she has a Kansai accent; the Brooklyn/Jersey/whatever accent is a pretty good Americanization of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFICop9YFgs

Labry's voice always stuck out to me during the countdown videos. I always took it as being excited compared to the other ones (which I had heard when the Anime subs first came out.)

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

ImpAtom posted:

It doesn't, or at least not exclusive games. I bought a 32GB stick but I literally could not fill it up with every Vita game I own despite them being fairly large and me owning pretty much every thing 'worth buying'. Most of what I put on it are PS1 games or cross-buy PS3 games.

P4G is helluva fun but it is also one of the extremely few games worth owning on the Vita.

Dragon Crown, Muramasa, DOA 5, Atelier, Gravity Rush, Diva f, Zero Escape, Guacamelee, Sly Cooper are all worth owning. Uncharted is not bad and neither is Disgaea 3. Killzone Mercs is best shooter for any handheld pretty much ever. Not to mention PSP games all play much, much better on Vita vs PSP (Mana Khemia is actually pretty fun here). So if you haven't played all the PSP RPGs (P3P, Legend of Heroes, Tactics Ogre, etc...) or some of the stuff like God of War and so on, it works better on Vita. Plus having various PSX games on the go with physical controls is pretty awesome.

Yes, some of the above is on PS3 or 3DS but we are talking portable platform. In short, "worth buying" is in the eye of the beholder. Back to SMT/Persona talk :P.

I think it's pretty amazing that P4G broke 700K considering it's a port on a fairly small platform. The game is just that good. I loved it and it got me into the whole Persona / SMT universe. Let's just say I bought all SMT / Persona games from SMT III onward. That was including pretty much all the PSX, PS2, PSP, DS, 3DS and PS3 with Arena. Out of them all SMT Strange Journey was the only iffy purchase and I didn't buy Persona 1. Heck, the above got me to rebuy a PS2 from ebay to replay the PS2 SMT games and I got back into all the PS2 RPGs I missed.

In terms of enjoyment for me so far 1)P4G 2)P3P 3)P3FES 4)SMT 3. I did migrate from PS2 to emulation on the PC for that clean resolution look. Just getting into SMT IV / Soul Hackers. Still have all the other PS2 SMT games on backburner.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

oblomov posted:

Dragon Crown, Muramasa, DOA 5, Atelier, Gravity Rush, Diva f, Zero Escape, Guacamelee, Sly Cooper are all worth owning. Uncharted is not bad and neither is Disgaea 3. Killzone Mercs is best shooter for any handheld pretty much ever. Not to mention PSP games all play much, much better on Vita vs PSP (Mana Khemia is actually pretty fun here). So if you haven't played all the PSP RPGs (P3P, Legend of Heroes, Tactics Ogre, etc...) or some of the stuff like God of War and so on, it works better on Vita. Plus having various PSX games on the go with physical controls is pretty awesome.

Almost every single one of those you mentioned except for Gravity Rush/Uncharted/Killzone is available on another system. I own most of them for other systems. v:shobon:v (Cross-buy being awesome, it means I own some of them for the Vita too but y'know.) I mean I like my Vita but "the Vita has few games" is objectively true unless you're buying it specifically to play stuff you can play on other systems already. There's absolutely no reason to buy a Vita if you want exclusive games, at least so far.

It's a great system if you want Persona though, considering you can play the entire franchise on it. (Speaking of which, Persona on sale again on the PSN, so if you do have a Vita and are looking for Vita games...) Golden is completely the best verison of P4 aside from Marie being awful and the mechanics being a bit too easy to break.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 4, 2013

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

ImpAtom posted:

Almost every single one of those you mentioned except for Gravity Rush/Uncharted/Killzone is available on another system. I own most of them for other systems. v:shobon:v (Cross-buy being awesome, it means I own some of them for the Vita too but y'know.) I mean I like my Vita but "the Vita has few games" is objectively true unless you're buying it specifically to play stuff you can play on other systems already. There's absolutely no reason to buy a Vita if you want exclusive games, at least so far.

It's a great system if you want Persona though, considering you can play the entire franchise on it. (Speaking of which, Persona on sale again on the PSN, so if you do have a Vita and are looking for Vita games...)

Well, but why would I play Dragon Crown on PS3 when it's better on Vita? Ditto for Atelier. It's also kind of hard to drag a PS3 with a TV around when going to vacation, watching my kid or doing a billion other things where a portable system is pretty awesome. Like watching TV with my wife where I'll be actually on the Vita playing. It's only going to get better with PS4 and Remote Play.

For Persona, only some of it on sale. P4G PSN sale is over (still $20 on Amazon), P2 EP and P3 FES are normally $10. That said, P4G and P3P/P3 FES are worth whatever money is being charged.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Best part of owning a Vita for me is playing my PSP games on that huge bright screen. They look much nicer. Also it's not an exclusive but Virtue's Last Reward is another great Vita game to throw on the pile.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
E: ^^ It also doesn't have a game breaking save glitch.

My Vita has pretty much been exclusively a Persona player. The 16GB card I have is large enough for the 5 main series games, and will likely also hold Dancing All Night. Even if you don't have a Vita, you can buy them on the Sony Entertainment Network site, so that when you end up getting a Vita TV or Vita (or PSP in the case of Persona 1-3) you don't pay full price.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

projecthalaxy posted:

Best part of owning a Vita for me is playing my PSP games on that huge bright screen. They look much nicer. Also it's not an exclusive but Virtue's Last Reward is another great Vita game to throw on the pile.

Yeap, yeap, there is a tone of great PSP games available that work a lot better on the Vita. P3P, Mana Khemia, CoH2, Growlancer, Trails, Tactics Ogre, FF IV, Ys 7/Oath, Valkyria 2, Lunar, etc.....).

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Yeah, they may not be exclusive, but there are lots of games that are better on handhelds than on consoles, phones, or PC (unless you have eye problems like that poster earlier in the thread). It's not the same comparison as between two consoles or even console and PC.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

oblomov posted:

Mana Khemia

The PSP port of Mana Khemia is complete dogshit and you're better off avoiding it unless you have no choice (i.e., you live in Europe but not Italy, the only country to get a PAL release of it on PS2 for some reason).

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

kirbysuperstar posted:

The PSP port of Mana Khemia is complete dogshit and you're better off avoiding it unless you have no choice (i.e., you live in Europe but not Italy, the only country to get a PAL release of it on PS2 for some reason).

And this is where you are wrong. It's terrible on PSP since everything is slow and stutters. However, on Vita the slowdowns and stuttering is pretty much gone. The game itself is actually pretty good and plays really well. Hence my point about PSP games being better on Vita in general.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

oblomov posted:

And this is where you are wrong. It's terrible on PSP since everything is slow and stutters. However, on Vita the slowdowns and stuttering is pretty much gone. The game itself is actually pretty good and plays really well. Hence my point about PSP games being better on Vita in general.

Do all the sprites still have horrible outlines like someone badly attempted to take the background out of a GIF and an aspect ratio that just stretches everything out without a care? Because those were also issues.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Do all the sprites still have horrible outlines like someone badly attempted to take the background out of a GIF and an aspect ratio that just stretches everything out without a care? Because those were also issues.

Yep. :smith:

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
Wait, PSP games that suffered from performance problems actually perform better on the Vita? Does that mean the slowdown in FFT: War of the Lions is fixed as well?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Xythar posted:

Wait, PSP games that suffered from performance problems actually perform better on the Vita? Does that mean the slowdown in FFT: War of the Lions is fixed as well?

No, War of the Lions' slowdown is hardcoded into the game.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

There was a fan-patch for that, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

There was a fan-patch for that, though.

Shame you can't use that on the Vita :v:

FFT is a bad case. Your choices are horrendous slowdown or a nonsensical translation (Wiznaibus = wisu naibusu = With Knives, good freaking gravy).

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

kirbysuperstar posted:

Shame you can't use that on the Vita :v:

FFT is a bad case. Your choices are horrendous slowdown or a nonsensical translation (Wiznaibus = wisu naibusu = With Knives, good freaking gravy).

Well, the iOS version is actually the best one for that, IMO.

Xythar posted:

No on FFT, but a lot of other games definitely do better on the vita. Not even talking about better controls as with MSG, Killzone Liberation or 3rd Birthday.

It's not horrendous and the game is enjoyable at least.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Xythar posted:

Games that suffered from poor performance due to overtaxing the system do. Ones that were just badly designed don't. WoL is the latter.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
Well, that sucks. The new script is worth any amount of slowdown though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You'll have to excuse me if I don't believe the game's script is worth animations taking forever and making the game longer to play.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Just patch the original. Best of both worlds.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

A link from Tumblr by someone who's played the arcade mode of P4A2 has been thrown around on /v/. It details what they've gather about Sho Minazuki.

Link'd for possible spoilers.

It sounds pretty interesting. I think Sho is definitely who we all think he is, and I think someone is pulling his strings.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Butt Ghost posted:

A link from Tumblr by someone who's played the arcade mode of P4A2 has been thrown around on /v/. It details what they've gather about Sho Minazuki.

It sounds pretty interesting. I think Sho is definitely who we all think he is, and I think someone is pulling his strings.

I wish Nyarlothep would just reveal himself already. Then they'd have an excuse to bring the P1/2 cast in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The P1/P2 cast probably wouldn't get involved at all, just to inform you. Sho's stuff sounds kind of interesting, I guess. They sort of realize the character they've got can be polarizing to people so they're trying to break him down, but also use him as a vehicle for story development? I dunno, it seems really weird.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want to hear the puns that are so awful even Teddie hates them. I don't care about the rest of that stuff.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sex_Ferguson posted:

The P1/P2 cast probably wouldn't get involved at all, just to inform you. Sho's stuff sounds kind of interesting, I guess. They sort of realize the character they've got can be polarizing to people so they're trying to break him down, but also use him as a vehicle for story development? I dunno, it seems really weird.

They won't, but dammit they should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Butt Ghost posted:

Sho sounds like a bitter Tatsuya to me. Is that who everyone's thinking of? I never did beat P2.