Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funambulist
Aug 3, 2012
Kurenai. She ends up being pregnant so she can't even get revenge on the dude who killed her boyfriend. Shikamaru's a cool character and all, but seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yamato is still buried balls deep in the Zetsu tree.
Kabuto is still caught in Itachi's loop of doom.
Anko is still passed out on the floor.

Hopefully someone will remember to retrieve them when things cool down a bit.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I hope Yamato hijacks Madara's attempt to hijack Obito.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dexo posted:

He doesn't hate women, he's not good at writing them but most Male writers are bad at writing females.

I'd agree that he doesn't hate women, but the way women are treated in the manga is more than just having difficulty writing women. If it were that there'd be at least one who while written weird was competent or something. Aside from healing they don't get to do anything, and that seems to speak toward an attitude that while not hate isn't progressive.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gyges posted:

I'd agree that he doesn't hate women, but the way women are treated in the manga is more than just having difficulty writing women. If it were that there'd be at least one who while written weird was competent or something. Aside from healing they don't get to do anything, and that seems to speak toward an attitude that while not hate isn't progressive.

Temari, Anko, Mizukage.

Kishimoto doesnt go out of his way to promote women but he doesn't treat them any differently than he treats the other side characters.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 29, 2013

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Temari I'll buy. Anko hasn't done poo poo except take a dive for Orochimaru or Kabuto every time they show up. The Mizukage's dominant trait is that she's apparently looking for a man. Tsunade is better than her.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

Gyges posted:

And also let's be real, Jiraiya was about one inch shy of molesting girls on the Tokyo subway. Kishimoto generally goes well out of his way to teach his young readers about friendship and hard work and even the occasional little science lesson; so it's pretty clear that if he was within a mile of "progressive" in this area, he would not be presenting the ninja equivalent of a gym teacher with a toilet cam as a role model.

McNerd fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 29, 2013

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Whatever happened to those three dudes, Genma, Aoba and what's-his-face, the ones that the Fourth taught his teleportation jutsu to?

Say Nothing posted:

Springtime of Youth Tenten is a highly effective character!
More like the only sane one. :ohdear:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Autumncomet posted:

Whatever happened to those three dudes, Genma, Aoba and what's-his-face, the ones that the Fourth taught his teleportation jutsu to?
Also, what happened to Chojiro and the guys who were guarding Black Zetsu?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Autumncomet posted:

Probably in the army of generic mooks.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Odd question that maybe someone who remembers the manga better than I do after all these years can answer - the critical moment in Naruto is still Kurama being forced to attack the village, since that leads to Naruto's bizarre orphan status and the Uchiha massacre. Which is thematically pretty nice since it still sets the tone et al. And it was Obito who did it, so on - But like, what was the reason for doing it? I feel like this has been explained but I seriously can't remember and it just seems so stupid.

Say Nothing posted:

Yamato is still buried balls deep in the Zetsu tree.
Kabuto is still caught in Itachi's loop of doom.
Anko is still passed out on the floor.
Actually, has the manga at all referenced the fact Itachi saved the entire world yet again? I mention this because all four of these characters had a seemingly major impact on the plot, from the same cave, that no one seems to know about. Does anyone even know Kabuto was the revivalist this time?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Spiderdrake posted:

Odd question that maybe someone who remembers the manga better than I do after all these years can answer - the critical moment in Naruto is still Kurama being forced to attack the village, since that leads to Naruto's bizarre orphan status and the Uchiha massacre. Which is thematically pretty nice since it still sets the tone et al. And it was Obito who did it, so on - But like, what was the reason for doing it? I feel like this has been explained but I seriously can't remember and it just seems so stupid.
Actually, has the manga at all referenced the fact Itachi saved the entire world yet again? I mention this because all four of these characters had a seemingly major impact on the plot, from the same cave, that no one seems to know about. Does anyone even know Kabuto was the revivalist this time?

The Reason to Attack Konoha, Madara/Obito were seeking to Steal and control the Kyuubi, when the Jinchuriki is at it's weakest(Kushina giving Birth) Tobi succeeds in freeing the Kyuubi. And Well poo poo you are at Konoha already might as well destroy it.

Itachi should probably be hailed as the greatest hero in the world after all the poo poo he has done for Konoha gets out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Spiderdrake posted:

That's the point, he's a hero but only a couple people will ever know. The rest will think he was a traitor.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexo posted:

Itachi should probably be hailed as the greatest hero in the world after all the poo poo he has done for Konoha gets out.

What's everything he's done? He deserves some pretty big props just for almost killing Obito, stopping Kabuto and the Edo Tensei and seeming to successfully pull Sasuke's head out of his rear end. All of that AFTER HE'D ALREADY DIED.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The only thing he's actually done wrong is miscalculate the severity of Sasuke's Uchiha Affective Disorder.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Gyges posted:

The only thing he's actually done wrong is miscalculate the severity of Sasuke's Uchiha Affective Disorder.

A pretty big miscalculation, though. He hosed Sasuke up pretty badly.

It's interesting that some of the people most responsible for Sasuke being so messed up (Itachi, Orochimaru, and the Second) also played a big part in helping him get over it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

A pretty big miscalculation, though. He hosed Sasuke up pretty badly.

It's interesting that some of the people most responsible for Sasuke being so messed up (Itachi, Orochimaru, and the Second) also played a big part in helping him get over it.

Yeah. I think the kid hated you enough. You didn't have to show him you killing your parents for 3 straight days.

Then again the entire Sasuke plot can be blamed on one person.

This is the exact moment where the dominos started to fall for Sasuke. Though Seriously Gai should have just speed blitzed Sasuke and restrained him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yep, Aoba is (accidentally) the ultimate villain of the series.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Way to totally ninja that one, glasses ninja.

But really the only reason Itachi even went eyehack fratricide was because of Danzo. Now that guy was a super dick.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Dexo posted:

Though Seriously Gai should have just speed blitzed Sasuke and restrained him.

Can someone please link the deviantART Gai comic where he destroys Akatsuki again? I thought it would have been in the OP because it's that good but I guess not. It's really the one thing I enjoy about Naruto anymore.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Willsun posted:

Can someone please link the deviantART Gai comic where he destroys Akatsuki again? I thought it would have been in the OP because it's that good but I guess not. It's really the one thing I enjoy about Naruto anymore.

http://mag-nit.deviantart.com/gallery/3650534

this?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Yep, Aoba is (accidentally) the ultimate villain of the series.

The really hilarious thing was the scanslation of that one chapter where Kabuto seemed to react to Aoba as though he really was the secret villain behind everything.

Aoba: How far you've fallen.
Kabuto: You've fallen farther than I have.

(What Kabuto was actually saying was something like "You're the one who should worry about [literally] falling.")

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JESUS CRIST MY LEGS...

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Hell yes, that's the comic, thanks! The longer Naruto drags on, the closer I get to accepting this comic as the canon ending. Just assume there was supposed to be an extra two panels where it goes something like "TOBI MOCKS GAI BECAUSE TOBI A CLOWN" and he's raspberrying Gai from behind a rock and the next panel his body is torn away by a blur and his tongue is hanging midair by itself with the line "NO ONE MOCKS GAI-SENSAI."

Village is saved.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

657 is out - I thought this week was hiatus?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
So the path to world peace is a union between Senju and Uchiha? Do I hear wedding bells in Naruto and Sasuke's future? :gay:

Kishimoto's making this too easy.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

657 is out - I thought this week was hiatus?

I seriously need someone to sit next to me while I read this and explain what's going on.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

BlitzBlast posted:

So the path to world peace is a union between Senju and Uchiha? Do I hear wedding bells in Naruto and Sasuke's future? :gay:

It all comes down to his first jutsu

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I can't wait until Mangastream gets its translation what a disaster.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="422716226"]
I seriously need someone to sit next to me while I read this and explain what's going on.

Madara is being a dick, then Sasuke tries being a dick, but Madra is a bigger dick. However Madara is impressed with Sasuke's dickishness and asks him to join him and rule the world as Godbeing and Uchiha. However Sasuke gets cocky so Madara goes back to the original plan. In the process he sucks out the first's vital essence, blows up the assembled ninja army, and gets ready to make the tailed beasts do his bidding via sharingan/rinegan/Uchiha supremacy.

Meanwhile black Zetsu is also being a dick, possessing Obito's dying body to fight Kakashi and the fourth. He's apparently part of Madara, which explains why he's such a giant dick to make the barely alive Obito fight the friends he just reconciled with.

Take away lesson: Uchiha are just genetically hard coded to be loving dicks.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
holy poo poo, a competent villain

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Competent in that he pulls random poo poo out of his rear end that negates everything like its loving Calvinball thus robbing a scene of any tension because woop woop woop.

Oh wait, Uchiha.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Basically making him a foil for Naruto, then.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Kisame was a competent villain. This is just loving trite.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Moon posted:

Competent in that he pulls random poo poo out of his rear end that negates everything like its loving Calvinball thus robbing a scene of any tension because woop woop woop.

Oh wait, Uchiha.
Uchiha is the cheat code of the ninja world.
And Hashirama needs to send a branch up Sasuke's rear end so he has Senju DNA too, and can get the rinnegan. Or possibly because Sasuke deserves a branch up the rear end.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Has Yamato been shown since he was captured? If not could it be him grafted onto Madara?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kild posted:

Has Yamato been shown since he was captured? If not could it be him grafted onto Madara?

Madara got his Senju implants way before Yamato.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

Say Nothing posted:

Uchiha is the cheat code of the ninja world.
You can't even call it eye hacks this time. Dude's got no eyes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Haha MangaPanda's translation is so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is amazing how in just one issue Kishimoto turned Madara into a boring villian sue when earlier he was a credible and interesting villian. The way he takes the first from the fight is also lame as hell, but he needed to take out the badass first if he wants the eternal love friendship of Naruto and Sasuke to save everyone.

• Locked thread