Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Opopanax posted:

Darkness would be a good movie to adapt in the 90s but I don't really see it taking off at this point.

But hell yeah get Patton if they can. "Together...We are the stuff...Of nightmares"

Honestly even the games felt very much like a product of the 90s. They were fun, and I could see doing more of an adaptation of the games working really well, but I'm also not sure I see the point. Did The Darkness 2 even do all that well? I mean, it was a blast but it seemed to just kind of come and go rather quietly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Opopanax posted:

Darkness would be a good movie to adapt in the 90s but I don't really see it taking off at this point.

But hell yeah get Patton if they can. "Together...We are the stuff...Of nightmares"
They adapted RIPD. They are adapting I, Frankenstein into what appears to be the shittiest movie ever made. You can make a Darkness movie for nothing, have it star nobodies, and dump it in late spring and scoop up some sweet pre-summer "nothing is showing" dollars.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Opopanax posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWqlTn_dxNg
My throat hurts watching him contort his voice into those growls and I've seen him done much more insane poo poo with his voice I mean just look up John Zorn's Moonchild "Litany IV"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaP8EwBJyWA
Man was not meant to do that with his voice :stare:

I'm actually surprised by how much voice acting Patton has done: he was the monsters in I am Legend, angry sphere in Portal, and L4D2 zombies

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If they do make a The Darkness movie I'd hope they make it more like the game and less like the comic. The game really toned down a lot of the stupider stuff, like when Jackie first gains the Darkness he doesn't get a stupid costume.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

muscles like this? posted:

If they do make a The Darkness movie I'd hope they make it more like the game and less like the comic. The game really toned down a lot of the stupider stuff, like when Jackie first gains the Darkness he doesn't get a stupid costume.

I would be very surprised if they didn't stick more to the games, for that reason. A black trench coat's a way cheaper costume than whatever the hell he had in the comics. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't get some wrestler-turned-actor to play Jackie too. That's probably about the emotional range they'd need for the role.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waterhaul posted:

High def versions of the Amazing Spider-Man poster are starting to circle around which give a proper look at mechca-Rhino

A bit late on this, but this poster looks great and if ASM2 literally was just Metal Gear Rising but Spider-Man, it would be movie of the year.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There better me an ASM2 poster with him wearing the fire helmet. :colbert:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Can't wait for Electro to spend all his screen time screaming about Lorentz Force and the Left Hand Rule.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
You know, people are talking about Kaine and Miles separately, but I could see them being able to do Miles as the hoodie wearing Scarlet Spider without having to murder Peter. Miles gets inspired but doesn't have the craftiness of Peter, so he tosses something together with some knock-off web shooters.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
A Miles in original Ben Riley duds would be pretty great.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Mr. Maltose posted:

Can't wait for Electro to spend all his screen time screaming about Lorentz Force and the Left Hand Rule.

Can't wait for Paul Giamatti to be referred to as Spidey's rhino shaped robot buddy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sex_Ferguson posted:

A bit late on this, but this poster looks great and if ASM2 literally was just Metal Gear Rising but Spider-Man, it would be movie of the year.

"Gwen, turn off my Great Responsibility inhibitors"

*maniacal cackling*

"JACK PETER'S BACK"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Die Laughing posted:

Pretty sure anything created in a Spider-Man title, or using the name Spider-Man is under Sony's umbrella.

Darwin belonged to Fox despite being created after the X-Men deal was made.

This deal's getting worse all the time.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
I still wonder what would be all the legal hoops and everything needed to get Spider-man into an Avengers movie. It sounds like Sony may be willing to play ball on that front. I admit I'm surely ignorant on most of it, but they have their own profitable films with him and if they allow use of just Peter and the costume for one film in exchange for, say, a percentage of the profits, that would be easy money for them, yes?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You have issues of versimillitude in that case however since Sony controls the Spideyverse. After spidey appears ok avengers, they could do things completely incongruous and at odds with the MCU's direction in their own future film, and Marvel is very protective of its continuity.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Wonder Woman is Officially in Batman Vs. Superman, played by Gal Gadot

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=90953

quote:

Warner Bros. has officially announced that Gal Gadot has landed ONE of the female leads in Zack Snyder's still untitled Batman vs. Superman themed sequel to Man Of Steel..and that role is indeed, Wonder Woman! We don't have a whole lot more on this for now, but here are some quotes from Snyder: “Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.” Gadot is relatively inexperienced, having appeared as Gisele in some of the Fast & Furious movies as well as Knight & Day. She certainly looks the part anyway, but will she be able to do this massive role justice? Sound off below.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=90953#Q4sl1KAwOd3z3tRg.99

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Throw all your poo poo at a wall into it sticks style screenwriting, oh boy!

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
It would be easier to get James Bond in an Avengers movie.
My impression is that Hollywood is such a petty, bitchy, and litigious place that 'just work together' is a pretty high bar. Plus, the sum of Avengers + Spider-Man is no greater than the whole of the parts.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
Maybe the movie will be 200 minutes long and this will all work!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
What, was Kiera Knightly unavailable?

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

quote:

She certainly looks the part anyway

The face, yeah maybe. No, she does not look like she can beat up anyone.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

There goes my dream casting of Linda Hamilton circa 1991.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

To be fair it's not like any superhero film has ended up with an actor that you can legitimately believe might beat someone up.

With the exception of maybe Hardy as Bane.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

She can bulk up as easily as Affleck or Cavill

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hopefully she will bulk up a bit for the movie, but I don't really disagree.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Waterhaul posted:

To be fair it's not like any superhero film has ended up with an actor that you can legitimately believe might beat someone up.

With the exception of maybe Hardy as Bane.
Also Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I don't care if she bulks up or not. She's fine. I am curious how she's gonna be and what they're going to do.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Gatts posted:

I don't care if she bulks up or not. She's fine. I am curious how she's gonna be and what they're going to do.

Fair enough, this is what really matters. The side-by-side pictures just made me realize that the actress has no muscles, and Wonder Woman, you know, does.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I don't know whether she needs to bulk up, but she's going to look like a broomstick next to Henry Cavill.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's an unfair side by side. There's much more slender designs of Wonder Woman out there and pictures of Gal where she doesn't look like a runway model.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Olibu posted:

I still wonder what would be all the legal hoops and everything needed to get Spider-man into an Avengers movie. It sounds like Sony may be willing to play ball on that front. I admit I'm surely ignorant on most of it, but they have their own profitable films with him and if they allow use of just Peter and the costume for one film in exchange for, say, a percentage of the profits, that would be easy money for them, yes?

It isn't anything legal, it is that Sony owns the rights and Sony likes making money. Spider-Man films are going to do well financially and it'd probably take several films that financially flop before Sony even considers negotiating away the movie rights to Spider-Man.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

She did spend two years in the Israel Defense Force so she probably could.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Holy jesus christ the next Superman film is going to be a clusterfuck of epic proportions. They are not going to be able to introduce all the new characters and be able to focus on Superman and his cast. This seems like such a bad bad idea. They are going to need an amazing director and writer to do this right.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

notthegoatseguy posted:

It isn't anything legal, it is that Sony owns the rights and Sony likes making money. Spider-Man films are going to do well financially and it'd probably take several films that financially flop before Sony even considers negotiating away the movie rights to Spider-Man.

I know that. I'm saying a one-time deal where the character of Spider-man appears in one Marvel studios movie.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Forget Spiderman himself, I want them to strike a deal so we can have J. Jonah Jameson in the MCU.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Did we know that Flash was being added as well? Can't remember if that was already confirmed.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=90959

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

redbackground posted:

Did we know that Flash was being added as well? Can't remember if that was already confirmed.

I do not think so since they are having the Flash tv show.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Holy jesus christ the next Superman film is going to be a clusterfuck of epic proportions. They are not going to be able to introduce all the new characters and be able to focus on Superman and his cast. This seems like such a bad bad idea. They are going to need an amazing director and writer to do this right.

Yeah I mean I want a Wonder Woman movie really bad but considering Man of Steel barely even delved into Superman's character in a span of 2.5 hours where he was the only featured superhero, this does not bode well.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Yeah I mean I want a Wonder Woman movie really bad but considering Man of Steel barely even delved into Superman's character in a span of 2.5 hours where he was the only featured superhero, this does not bode well.

I also realized that they are going to hook up Superman and Wonder Woman and waste an amazing Lois Lane. It is going to turn into mostly a Batman and Wonder Woman movie and Superman and his cast will be an afterthought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

They are going to need an amazing director and writer to do this right.

• Locked thread