Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
:sigh: this is what I get for not checking IRC for weeks.
I fired up my Asplundh drum chipper today, and made short work of a big brush pile. gently caress, that thing is violent with dry, dead wood, I can only imagine how violent it will be with green stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

Oh, and the quantum lost power to the fuel pump and we had to do a quality redneck woods repair using a wire out of a subaru engine harness someone had in their trunk.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamnit, what does that sign say?!

I see the $2 fine. I can't read the rest. :argh:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

sharkytm posted:

:sigh: this is what I get for not checking IRC for weeks.
I fired up my Asplundh drum chipper today, and made short work of a big brush pile. gently caress, that thing is violent with dry, dead wood, I can only imagine how violent it will be with green stuff.

I think this has been planned for like, 3-4 days at most. I didn't decide to show up until yesterday.

A whole bunch of us are hitting Sams and/or Henrys pull a part tomorrow, who wants in?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Guess I missed some fun :doh:

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

You should all be here

I've been in PA since Thursday. What did I miss?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
If I imported a 80s kei truck/van, who'd be down to make a run to Newark to pick it up with me?

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Ozmiander posted:

If I imported a 80s kei truck/van, who'd be down to make a run to Newark to pick it up with me?

You pick up gas and I'll be there.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Anyone want a supercharged Saturn Ion Redline for $1,500? It needs 1 new tire, is missing the back seats and has an exhaust leak.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Anyone want a supercharged Saturn Ion Redline for $1,500? It needs 1 new tire, is missing the back seats and has an exhaust leak.

If you have the money, buy it. Work out a payment plan or something, because seriously, it's the perfect parts car for you.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I have $200 in my bank account, otherwise it'd be sitting in the driveway right now.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
That'd be a fun engine donor for the LeMons Charade. Too bad you're 3000 miles away.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

It'd be a fun engine donor for my non-redline Saturn Ion too. :v:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

There's another road rally coming up in two weeks in Mt Kisco. It's a fun mix of dirt roads through Westchester/Fairfield counties. I'll be there with SFH1989 to continue our streak of finishing 15 minutes early.

The flyer for anyone interested: http://www.wscc.org/flyers/2013TurkeyTourFlyer.pdf

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
damnit, that looks like a ton of fun and I'll be in the white mountains for thanksgiving still :(

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Whoever I just banned, your web irc client was being really obnoxious with ads and spam, use a different one. Mibbit and kiwiirc are both supposedly decent.

e: nevermind you are a douche, good day sir

kastein fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 25, 2013

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Hey kastein, would you like a broken milling machine? My company has an old First (chinese company) manual vertical milling machine with gearbox issues which we're going to throw away, I figured you might be interested. It probably weighs about a ton, but we've got a forklift and you've got a big truck. We're in Northeastern MA, so if you're interested let me know and I'll see if I can arrange things. Our maintenance guy says he hasn't taken it apart but he thinks it's a stripped gear.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Hey kastein, would you like a broken milling machine? My company has an old First (chinese company) manual vertical milling machine with gearbox issues which we're going to throw away, I figured you might be interested. It probably weighs about a ton, but we've got a forklift and you've got a big truck. We're in Northeastern MA, so if you're interested let me know and I'll see if I can arrange things. Our maintenance guy says he hasn't taken it apart but he thinks it's a stripped gear.

First is a Bridgeport clone. If Ken isn't interested, I may be.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I would definitely be interested. I don't know when I'll have the truck moveable, and the other trucks are NOT large enough for that, but if I have to rent a trailer to get it home, I will.

Depending on what's wrong with it and how much it costs to fix, I may donate it to my workplace, as well, our bridgeport has an incredible amount of slop in one of the leadscrews. VP of Engineering got it for $20 about a decade ago :v:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

It's kind of first come first served at this point. I don't have platinum but if you want it you can drop me a line, my mail of the google variety is vakharn. The boss just wants it gone asap so the sooner you can pick it up the better.

Edit: so I just checked and apparently we had no where in the building to keep it. It is now outside. In a dumpster in fact, but it's a big end opening dumpster, it's just inside the door, it was placed there with a forklift undamaged, and you have a couple days before the dumpster is due to be picked up. That said, I haven't checked the weather report so lets call this a very limited time offer. All I know from a damage standpoint is that one of the head gears is probably stripped. Given how common this design of mill is I doubt the gear or gears would be terribly expensive to replace, but the boss wants it gone and he doesn't care how.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 4, 2013

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

but the boss wants it gone and he doesn't care how.

I love it when that happens

The eaves and the doors are now insulated. Now I just need to organize all this poo poo.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Honestly I wish I could just take it myself, but I don't have anywhere to put it, let alone having a truck big enough.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 4, 2013

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Email sent - thanks a ton for the offer. I'm just trying to figure out when/how to pick it up at this point.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Just got a snapchat of a bridgeport in a dumpster? Trailer?

All I know is ken rented a uhual trailer and might be killed by a bridgeport this afternoon in traffic.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Slow is Fast posted:

Just got a snapchat of a bridgeport in a dumpster? Trailer?

All I know is ken rented a uhual trailer and might be killed by a bridgeport this afternoon in traffic.

Sweet Jesus. AI delivers again.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

drat, if I had gotten home earlier you could have used my trailer for nothing.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Trailer cost $30 to rent, not that big a deal. Thanks though!

Disgruntled Bovine, thank you very much for posting this. It hasn't killed me yet, I got to work safely. So now I'm just waiting for the VP of engineering to ask if I mind putting it in the shop at work :haw:

The next interesting question is how I am going to get this heavy bastard into the basement if I bring it home.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I'm glad, I was a little worried about that trailer. I'm just happy to see the thing go somewhere other than the scrapyard.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Dropped by MakeIt Labs tonight for the open house and holy poo poo I wish I'd managed to make it to the meetup there. Place is awesome and everyone I met is cool.

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
2+ month bump.

Rob was asking if you were coming back anytime soon so you two could touch tips and make sweet jeep babies.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

hahaha, I keep planning on it and then poo poo keeps hitting the fan at work or in my personal life. I'll be by sometime, just never sure when.

We need to plan some sort of an NEAI meetup for this spring actually...

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I leave for the sandbox on May 5, not that that's a factor.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

sharkytm posted:

I leave for the sandbox on May 5, not that that's a factor.

I will be legit sad if you arent at an official NEAI gathering.

I plan to do a CT/mass run sometime in april. Need to harvest some EJ25s.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Hillridge posted:

2+ month bump.

Rob was asking if you were coming back anytime soon so you two could touch tips and make sweet jeep babies.

I actually might drop by tonight. There are a million things I SHOULD be getting done, but I don't really want to deal with any of them right now.

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
I need a color opinion.
I decided to go balls deep and pull everything out of my TR6 engine bay in order to clean rust and paint some spots with POR-15 and topcoat.
Yesterday I pushed my balls in too and pulled the whole engine and transmission.

I plan to clean and repaint the engine, and paint the body while it's gutted. The body is either going to be the original white color, or redone as British Racing Green.

I don't care about concours or keeping things stock. Original engine paint was black block, bare aluminum intake and carbs, grey exhaust, silver valve cover, and black everything else. Previous owner painted my valve cover Chevy orange, but I can easily redo it. I've been powder coating anything I can, and painting what I can't.

I have some gold powder coat I used on A-arms, and was originally going to do some accents in it (small brackets, timing chain cover, etc.), but everyone says it's going look Puerto Rican if I do, and I can kind of see that.

So I need an idea as to what I can use to add a bit of accent color to the engine without making it look obnoxious or gaudy. Worst case, I'll just go with stock colors as a fresh painted engine is going to look way better than what I yoinked out yesterday.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
New England AI, I am moving and have to abandon a project. 8/75 Toyota FJ40 LandCruiser, Chevy 350, stock Toyo 4-speed. Mark's V8 adapter, Man-A-Fre Wilwood front disc brake conversion. It does not run; it ran when I parked it but that was over eight years ago, I've cranked it once since then but now the starter clutch won't engage. Engine is built up some and is better than your usual junkyard pull, if it hasn't been ruined by sitting. Multiple sets of front doors, ambulance doors but the bottoms are rotten. The body is in crap shape, the glass is all there. I even have a spare transmission and transfer case.

I'm going to throw it up on Craigslist for a small amount of money but would be willing to straight give it to an AI goon provided they can get it out of here, keeping in mind it'll need to be winched onto a trailer or a flatbed. It's located in Danbury, CT. PM me if you're interested.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Snowdens Secret posted:

New England AI, I am moving and have to abandon a project. 8/75 Toyota FJ40 LandCruiser, Chevy 350, stock Toyo 4-speed. Mark's V8 adapter, Man-A-Fre Wilwood front disc brake conversion. It does not run; it ran when I parked it but that was over eight years ago, I've cranked it once since then but now the starter clutch won't engage. Engine is built up some and is better than your usual junkyard pull, if it hasn't been ruined by sitting. Multiple sets of front doors, ambulance doors but the bottoms are rotten. The body is in crap shape, the glass is all there. I even have a spare transmission and transfer case.

I'm going to throw it up on Craigslist for a small amount of money but would be willing to straight give it to an AI goon provided they can get it out of here, keeping in mind it'll need to be winched onto a trailer or a flatbed. It's located in Danbury, CT. PM me if you're interested.

One of you fuckers better go grab this.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I have a dolly and will gladly deposit it in your side yard. :q:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I read that and immediately thought of ozmiander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

...willing to straight give it to an AI goon provided they can get it out of here....

... Danbury, CT....

I've never really wanted an FJ40 and I don't have the time/money/space for another project but this it's just so convenient. Probably a good thing I don't own my own house or it would just go from your yard to mine.

Where are you moving?

• Locked thread