Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Bubblegum screwjob? Not sure anything would change in a hypothetical rematch, Dukes momentum seemed pretty poor, but this could be a way to make Ganon the heel he deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

FaustianQ posted:

Bubblegum screwjob? Not sure anything would change in a hypothetical rematch, Dukes momentum seemed pretty poor, but this could be a way to make Ganon the heel he deserves.

If it means more Kekfka insulting Gaben for legit errors, I'm all for it.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Kekfka is now a baby face, despite trying to destroy the world last season

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Works for me! Not like there haven't been harder alignment swings in boring ol' real-world pro wrestling.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NutritiousSnack posted:

No world is still better than one run by Gaben

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

NutritiousSnack posted:

Let's not kid ourselves. Kefka was a face even while trying to destroy the world.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

He's still heel to me, damnit :colbert:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Superstring posted:

Let's not kid ourselves. Kefka was a face even while trying to destroy the world.

I'm pretty sure that unless relevant to the overarching plot, every VGCW wrestler except Dan and Gary are faces

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Segata is moving to X-pac territory for me

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Manoueverable posted:

I'm pretty sure that unless relevant to the overarching plot, every VGCW wrestler except Dan and Gary are faces

I think most people love Gary and enjoy seeing him win almost as much as they love watching him lose in spectacular fashion. You win either way with him.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Gaben is one of the best things going on in VGCW right now, and I hope his corrupt manchild persona never dies.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Gaben is one of the best things going on in VGCW right now, and I hope his corrupt manchild persona never dies.

He realy is. Gaben effortlessly slides from heel to face and back again within the same show!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Jackie D posted:

Segata is moving to X-pac territory for me

Agreed, Segata was hilarious when he had his backstage gimmick but now he has nothing to go off of, other than being the Casual Champion no one wants. I agree with whoever said he's the VGCW equivalent of Alberto del Rio. There are so many better personalities that could be holding that belt.

Also is the Women's Division tonight?

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Manoueverable posted:

Agreed, Segata was hilarious when he had his backstage gimmick but now he has nothing to go off of, other than being the Casual Champion no one wants. I agree with whoever said he's the VGCW equivalent of Alberto del Rio. There are so many better personalities that could be holding that belt.

The WWE 13 farewell show is tommorow.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I think I remember right but I'm not sure.

Is it that WVGCW and SNST are on 360, but VGCW is on PS3? Or do I have one of them mixed up?

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Manoueverable posted:

It's tomorrow at the regular time.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Manoueverable posted:

Thursday, I think.

Also I like segata and I like his long reign and the prestige it gives the casual title. Kids these days not appreciating a dude who sacrificed himself to save the world. :argh:

That said, free burning rangers, Bazza!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

No world is still better than one run by Gaben

At being a World of Ruin, maybe.

That's why Kefka couldn't destroy the world, Ol'Gabe gazumped him with his cacophony of poor management.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Gaspar Lewis posted:

I think I remember right but I'm not sure.

Is it that WVGCW and SNST are on 360, but VGCW is on PS3? Or do I have one of them mixed up?

They're all on PS3.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
War Mage Status Report:

Recognizable, but I ran out of layers. So I'm going to have to see what I can do about making a few custom logos.

Edit: I also may need to tweak his proportions a little (I need to widen his jaw a little more, and maybe slim down the arms), but I think they're pretty close.

Things I would like to add:
- the cross-hatching on the belly armor
- his orange/red belt
- Some hint of the green leg wrappings above his boots.

So I'll need to find a way to free up 8-10 layers, which I think I can do on the gloves and by doing an HD decal for the belly plate.

Things I don't care about
- The shoulderpads

His sleeves (and the way the seams come together) prevent me from doing the shoulderpads well, but he's pretty recognizable without them.

His "entrance name" is Wall Marge :allears:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 5, 2013

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

god bless you for capturing this :swoon:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Is there any setting to make the wrestlers more aggro toward table-san? It feels like she only get LEWD once every two show or so.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Manoueverable posted:

Well maybe they should stop getting their fingers broken. :smug:

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nyaa posted:

Is there any setting to make the wrestlers more aggro toward table-san? It feels like she only get LEWD once every two show or so.

Broken Table-san is a powerful symbol and should not be overused.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

JusticeBot posted:

Finally caught up to the show. Poor Jensen :smith:

Any guesses on who the mysterious voices that Phoenix hears are?

I suggested last night that it would be those Sephiroth wannabes from Advent Children out for revenge. Hell, Phoenix only started hearing those voices when he went back in time to the night Edgyroth was fired.

Then it all ends with Wreck-It Ralph returning to kick him out of VGCW again.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 5, 2013

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I think even Bazza said he wouldn't have gotten rid of Ralph if he'd seen his movie before he was fired.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
It's silly that Bazza refuses to put Ralph back in because he's fired, despite the fact that this is a pro wrestling stream.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Just stick him in a luchador mask and say he's Ralph's cousin.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Rhonne posted:

Just stick him in a luchador mask and say he's Ralph's cousin.

Put a ninja mask on him and bill him as Wreck-It Raphael.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Even though they lost, Double Dragon was a great surprise tonight. Scorpion winning was always good to see as well. Sad Duke didn't put up much of a fight, but I guess if the match was set to quick that makes more sense even if I expected Ganon to win anyway. I want to see Ganon go on a winning streak all season long leading to an I Quit match with Octodad or something. The FF8 security team reveal was a bit interesting, Seifer was pretty much the only interesting character in FF8 and even then he was pretty forgettable but as others have mentioned I didn't know Flint before this and now I'm a fan so I think Bazza can pull it off.

Love that Double Dragon music...so great!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I still think that Ezio's assassination of Dan was the highlight of yesterday :colbert:

For some reason when I saw everyone freaking out about the assassination I assumed Ezio did the Diving Seated Senton off the top ropes. That move looks exactly like the diving assassination animation from the games.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Stream was awesome, got to catch the youtube versions.

Highlights:
- SCORPION YESSSSSSS (thank you for catching that scorpion leap)
- A BABY BELT
- ATV entrance for Jensen is even better
- Double Dragon was super rad, and Badman won =)
- Ganon killing Duke. GANON OWNS HATERS VACATE, LORD OF DARKNESS #1
- New Ezio is one of my favorites now. Crazy how a clever rework can turn him from a bathroom break to a hero.

"Salty" about:
- Gary nooooooo, I want you to win so bad =(
- Gaben, worst GM, best AI making Gaben the ultimate heel

I'm indifferent about Segata atm because I couldn't care less about Knuckles. I'm surprised there was no Barret/Segata plot because Barret got ROBBED at End Game 5. Also I'm disappointed it's some FF dudes but I will hold off since I got all salty on Flint.

Overall, thanks Bazza

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
War Mage is as complete as I can make him (8/8 custom logos used, and he's at the logo limit).

Now I just need to decide on an entrance! I was going to give him Fandago, except for whatever reason the normal version of that entrance is doesn't get the lady (and doesn't have the purple rave lights, which was what I really wanted).

Then I was going to give him the Hollywood Hulk Hogan entrance (both for the air guitar and the teleporting NWO shirt), but that's limited to black-and-white which just makes everything look kinda bad.

The hunt for an entrance smug enough for War Mage continues!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This was the first time in a while that the game's AI worked out in Ganon's favor, instead of sabotaging him. Last week he said no one was good enough to challenge him and this week he proved it. I wonder what's next for the Dark Lord gong forward?

Hopefully Ganon vs Bowser: 2K14 Edition. :getin:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I feel like Wario deserves a casual shot in the next couple shows.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Rhonne posted:

Hopefully Ganon vs Bowser: 2K14 Edition. :getin:
Ganon/Bowser is pretty much the Rock/Austin of VGCW so I wouldn't be surprised if we have that match in Endgame 6.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Rhonne posted:

Last week he said no one was good enough to challenge him and this week he proved it.
Every time someone not-Bowser manage to beat Ganon, there will be a plot next week with Ganon going "I UNDERESTIMATE HIM! IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!"

This happened like... five/six times so far?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Every time someone not-Bowser manage to beat Ganon, there will be a plot next week with Ganon going "I UNDERESTIMATE HIM! IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!"

This happened like... five/six times so far?

Ganon has as big of an ego as Gary or Dan, except he has the muscle to back it up most times. He has to rationalize it losses because he doesn't understand how anyone could take on the Dark lord.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Ganon/Bowser is pretty much the Rock/Austin of VGCW so I wouldn't be surprised if we have that match in Endgame 6.

If we do, I want someone to remake one of the Rock/Austin promos with Ganon and Bowser. Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8_sWwkhEdE.

Bonus points if Bazza gives Bowser and Ganon Move Thief for the match so they can use each others finishers.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 5, 2013

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
How the heck could anyone hate Segata after that last defense? :psyduck: That was a drat good match, and Segata has proven to be a fighting champion. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

Another go at Ganon v Bowser would be pretty perfect actually. If you disqualify the 32-5 due to use of the Glitch Bomb, they're both tied at one win over the other apiece.

• Locked thread