Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby
If you make a macro that clicks once per millisecond and hold it on the chat flyout button the chat window will slide across your screen and off the left side.

I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby

Dewgy posted:

Well poo poo. It's like thirty bucks worth of platinum to get these dumb things. Oh well. If I feel like paying thirty bucks for this game down the line I guess I'll just bite the bullet.

Buy an Nvidia code off ebay while they still exist. 465 platinum for $10. Plenty of trusted sellers who will send the code to you in a message.

Promo platinum can't be traded with other players, however.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Well poo poo. It's like thirty bucks worth of platinum to get these dumb things. Oh well. If I feel like paying thirty bucks for this game down the line I guess I'll just bite the bullet.

Which colors are you interested in, exactly? You can get away with just getting the saturated classic -- at least to start with -- which won't set you back $30 on its own. The only thing that won't give you is a deep/pitch black kind of color.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
That's the one I have already actually. I like it but hey the colors are the only premium thing I care about in the game, so figured what the hell. That's a lot of color packs though at 75 plat each.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Oh a look a life support capsule! Outdoors. In atmosphere.

:downs:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Dewgy posted:

That's the one I have already actually. I like it but hey the colors are the only premium thing I care about in the game, so figured what the hell. That's a lot of color packs though at 75 plat each.

I totally support being a pretty warframeprincess. If that's the case, maybe just get another one for now? Some of them are pretty similar so it's not really necessary to get all of them. And depending on how long you've played the game for, tossing another $5 at it can't be that bad of a cost.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

My brother and I have been joking about that since they started that mission type. The Corpus are so dedicated to killing you that they're willing and able to turn off the air supply to AN ENTIRE PLANET. They really need to add some extra voice lines to explain that, say, they're piping nerve toxin into the area and it'll reach lethal concentrations in *X* minutes. That'd at least make some kind of sense.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think they should leave it as is so that one day DE can ascend to the throne of loving Weird poo poo That Doesn't Make Any Sense, deposing the current ruler; :dice:.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What is it with pubbies in survival missions? I've done two today to 30 minutes, and both times I triggered all the support capsules except maybe one or two. It's either like that and they don't touch them, or you get the idiot setting them off when you're at 80% or more.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

They just have Mega Maid hanging out in orbit!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

hooah posted:

What is it with pubbies in survival missions? I've done two today to 30 minutes, and both times I triggered all the support capsules except maybe one or two. It's either like that and they don't touch them, or you get the idiot setting them off when you're at 80% or more.

This never changes. I had to explain how to do survivals to pubbies in the derelicts. They even spent the first five minutes talking about how hard survival missions were and how they always fail them. Joining public void and derelict runs are really entertaining just to see how terrible people can be.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Survival missions are easy, I just don't like doing them because of the air supply. It's like in Sonic when you're underwater and the out of breath music starts playing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I got Classic Saturated but I use it just for cyan/black/white so much that I should have just gotten Ice instead.

Chomp8645 posted:

They have a big vacuum spaceship that sucks all the air out of the planet because they can do that. Also why do tenno need to breathe without eyes?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Also why do tenno need to breathe without eyes?

Why Excalibur has fingers on feet?

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby

Chomp8645 posted:

This game does lots of silly things for the sake of gameplay. Basically if it's fun mechanically it happens no matter how dumb it is.

Sliding "under" (see: through) the laser barrier doors bugs me, but it's no big deal.

Dewgy posted:

$10? For 465?

Don't miss that opportunity guys, they're not going to keep making those promo codes. Get your two color packs half a dozen slots and ten 'taters for cheap while you can!

I got the sale price plus the promo card for a total $30; 965 platinum, 3 days of each booster, and 5 random cards (one of which turned out to be rifle mutation, which is great).

I chose to rush one frame for 50 instead of buying a second color pallet, I got the saturated one- the entire rest of it I spent on slots and a shitload of potatoes so they will not be a concern for a good amount of time. Also a carrier, because they're cute.

Still minding that I don't supercharge lovely weapons, though. Wouldn't have bought if it wasn't on sale either. Definitely over-priced without a discount.

Diet Lime fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 5, 2013

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

How common are the 75% off login rewards though? If they pop fairly frequently you don't need to hit ebay for codes.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Rare as gently caress and basically treat them as a nice extra rather than a thing that regularly happens. 20% and 50% are what you should realistically look out for.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've never seen one after 200 hours but I have seen 3 or maybe 4 50% off coupons in that time, so I would wait for the 50% offs and just go with those.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/05/warframe-review-2

Better than the goofy Eurogamer review. Basically, the reviewer wonders why the game is so bad but he's having so much fun.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Dewgy posted:

If you want all the color packs, don't buy them individually, buy the bundles! Most people forget that the bundles tab exists, since it's full of stupid garbage you should never buy, but there's two color pack bundles and they're probably the only worthwhile things in there. I don't remember how much they are, but I remember it being a hell of a lot cheaper than buying every pack one by one.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Cathair posted:

If you want all the color packs, don't buy them individually, buy the bundles! Most people forget that the bundles tab exists, since it's full of stupid garbage you should never buy, but there's two color pack bundles and they're probably the only worthwhile things in there. I don't remember how much they are, but I remember it being a hell of a lot cheaper than buying every pack one by one.

The Immortal Skin bundle is worth it too. I only have Loki, Rhino and Frost unlocked out of them, but the patterns look really nice (with the right color combination.)

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Yeah, I forgot about the skin bundles. Sentinel accessories, too. The bundles section is very much worth looking at when you're thinking of buying cosmetics, despite making you wade through piles of bad gun deals and stupid avatar packs.

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby

Wheeee posted:

How common are the 75% off login rewards though? If they pop fairly frequently you don't need to hit ebay for codes.

Just look at the seller's feedback and you're safe. Nobody's selling 100 codes and then ripping the 101st customer off when they have perfect feedback. No reason to worry.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Where are these promo codes, just all from ebay?

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010

Wheeee posted:

Ive waited like 3 months logging every other day to get one. getting 25/50$ worth of plat will set you for life. 50% off are pretty common tho.

evilentity fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 5, 2013

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
So I've hit max level on my Excalibur and Braton and further experience is going entirely to waste. Does anyone have advice about which rifle is a step up from the Braton and is attainable at rank 2? I want to get an Ash frame, so have been heading towards Uranus to work on it; until I get the parts for that I'm sort of stuck gaining no more frame mastery for a while as I have no intention of dropping 275 plat for a frame.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Just because there's an atmosphere doesn't mean it's breathable! Maybe that complex is currently in the middle of a deadly fart storm, so you need to release condensed pot-pourri fragrance into the air at regular intervals.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Valatar posted:

So I've hit max level on my Excalibur and Braton and further experience is going entirely to waste. Does anyone have advice about which rifle is a step up from the Braton and is attainable at rank 2? I want to get an Ash frame, so have been heading towards Uranus to work on it; until I get the parts for that I'm sort of stuck gaining no more frame mastery for a while as I have no intention of dropping 275 plat for a frame.

The only other full-auto rifles at rank two and below are the Boltor and the Grataka. The former got hosed by the new damage system, and the latter is genuinely painful to use. So there's not really any weapon that's a "step up" from the Braton in the way it's a "step up" from the Mk-1.

The Burstron and Latron are sidegrades into burstfire and semi-auto rifles respectively, and the Strun is a solid shotgun. Paris is fun to use, but not really suited to the speed that groups tend to move at.

edit: Here's a list of weapons by mastery level.

Chomp8645 posted:

Neptune and Mars are not known for their breathable atmospheres.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Dec 5, 2013

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Wales Grey posted:

Neptune and Mars are not known for their breathable atmospheres.
Venus isn't known for being covered in ice, either, but there you go.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Am I crazy, or did you used to be able to just click on a mission that was an alert and you'd play the alert (that is, you didn't have to go through the alert list on the left)? I thought that was the case, but I just played Cyath while that alert was up and only got 2400 credits.

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.
Thanks for the headups regarding the NVidia codes guys, I just started playing and wanted to put a little money into the game and I really can't do much better than 1k platinum for 20bux. Now to spend it all on making my warframes pretty.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

hooah posted:

Am I crazy, or did you used to be able to just click on a mission that was an alert and you'd play the alert (that is, you didn't have to go through the alert list on the left)? I thought that was the case, but I just played Cyath while that alert was up and only got 2400 credits.

It still works the same way, you probably just encountered a bug. It's rare, but some really weird poo poo can happen- one time, I clicked on an alert and got grouped with three people doing a normal mission halfway across the map. :psyduck:

Either that, or you were grouping with goons who had already done the alert and voted for normal Cyath, I dunno.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

I got a Hind after I maxed out my Braton. I'm not sure if it's actually better or not, but I enjoyed the switch to burst fire and it was nice not constantly running out of ammo for a change.

For me the real pain is rank 4-6. It's going to take me a long time to get to rank 6 and I don't see any weapons to tide me over until then. There's the dojo stuff, but I don't have a clan, so I can't get those. It's weird how they have no new weapons for rank 5 at all.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Broniki posted:

I got a Hind after I maxed out my Braton. I'm not sure if it's actually better or not, but I enjoyed the switch to burst fire and it was nice not constantly running out of ammo for a change.

For me the real pain is rank 4-6. It's going to take me a long time to get to rank 6 and I don't see any weapons to tide me over until then. There's the dojo stuff, but I don't have a clan, so I can't get those. It's weird how they have no new weapons for rank 5 at all.

So join the clan so you can get the dojo items? The Dera and Ignis are fun and will last you to rank 6 no problem. Also I haven't tried the Sobek but apparently it's really good and you can get it at rank 4.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Broniki posted:

This is a long and lonely stretch. I got through it back in U8 when more weapons were purchasable with credits, but it took me two Saturdays with affinity boosters plus having bought the Female Warframe pack just to accelerate things and I still barely had enough things to level. So many junk weapons ground out and resold.

Have you done the lovely easy-to-craft alert melee weapons yet?

unnamed
May 5, 2005
charooga
Just to add to the 465 plat nvidia codes chat (though there's very few left currently), Bill Me Later offers $10 off your first purchase. I signed up long ago and never used it, but it still worked, so $10 - $10 = 465 free platinum.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
It is possible to use more than one code on a single account?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Broniki posted:

There are plenty of good void weapons as well as clan weapons you can use during this stretch. Farming the void weapons can be random but you get plenty of xp and cash from the runs. And they aren't particularly hard.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 5, 2013

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

zgrowler2 posted:

It is possible to use more than one code on a single account?

Iv'e redeemed 5 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
How do I get to mastery level 6 fast? I was crushed I couldn't build my Ogris when I got all the components.