Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

Mister Chief posted:

Were any of them playing for New Zealand in 2010?

Tuffey's last ODI was against India in 2010. :ruhroh:

e: wait, what's special about 2010?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Were any of them playing for New Zealand in 2010?

Only Tuffey, but even then, he was a fringe selection from 04~05 onwards.

Lou Vincent never played for New Zealand in any form of the game after 2007 and Cairns retired from all forms of the game in 2006, except for a brief unretirement in 2008, during which time he played for and captained the Chandigarh Lions in the now-defunct Indian Cricket League alongside fellow accused Lou Vincent.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MONTY IN DA HOUSE

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

5 dot balls followed by a boundary is hereby named 'The Watto'

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rogers lucky to get away with that one

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is Gayle likely to be back at any point during this tour?

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Windies are scoring quicker than the Aussies here.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Noxin of Shame posted:

Windies are scoring quicker than the Aussies here.

I don't remember the last time Australia scored slowly without leaking wickets like a sieve.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'll take slow and steady with less wickets than "playing their natural game" and getting out trying to play tests like T20s.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Watson you mug that was poo poo

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Watson out just after making fifty, how predictable.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Can we finally get rid of Watson now?

I'd rather Usman be failing over and over than this knucklehead.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Thanks Watto you entirely predictable loser

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Hahaha, his smug grin is the worst sledge.

Nice catch though.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

And here comes the collapse

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
I loving love cricket, look how quickly this has turned around. I loving love this sport

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Rogers you mug that was poo poo too

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'll take slow and steady with less wickets than "playing their natural game" and getting out trying to play tests like T20s.

Would you accept slow and getting out limply?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I know it is only the 1st day of the 2nd test, but I am calling it here.

Australia will win the Ashes 5 or 4 nill. Why?

It is the England of the 90s, (Weak, scared, insipid and with insane selection choices looking for talismanic performances that do not come from too few players with actual talent or heart), playing the Australia of the 90s, (overhyped, arrogant, brutish retards getting scores and wickets from the mediocre players keeping more talented youngsters out of the team)

Fake edit: It was Watson's 50 that caused the nerd rage in me to write this, but as I write it there have been 2 wickets. Doesn't change my prediction though.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

-Spiffy- posted:

Would you accept slow and getting out limply?

Looks like I'll have to :smith:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
And here comes the Australia we have all come to laugh at over the last 5 years

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cat Terrist posted:

And here comes the Australia we have all come to laugh at over the last 5 years

No that's just Steven Smith's face.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

No that's just Steven Smith's face.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Cricinfo posted:

57.3 Anderson to Smith, 1 run, again short of a length and this time Clarke manages to get it away to square leg

57.2 Anderson to Smith, FOUR, banged in on the hips now and all Clarke has to do is get some bat on this, which he does, and it runs away for a boundary to fine leg

57.1 Anderson to Smith, no run, right on target from Anderson, and Clarke defends

Before they fixed it.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lmao

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Smith you useless bat dangling oval office.

Feral Jesus
Oct 9, 2003
Hard to believe that someone that dances a little jig when taking a test wicket could urinate on a person

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Is Gayle likely to be back at any point during this tour?

He'll be back for the ODIs if the commentary is to be believed.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It's really nice to see my gifs used for their intended purposes.

A baby ate my dingo
May 12, 2001
That's it, we're done :negative:. Australia all out for less than 250

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Australia is in a spot of bother here. Probably need another 200 runs to be close to par.

That said this test favours England. They have better spin bowlers. Typically disgraceful Adelaide oval. We really should have put in Tasmania.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Smith got out and nothing of value was lost. Should still get around 300 if Clarke gets a good innings in.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

The actual ground looks like kind of garbage now too, before those new stands went it the Adelaide Oval was a nice mix of old and new

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I think it's nice. Not like the cauldrons of Melb/Syd/Bris, it actually still looks like a cricket ground.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
gently caress, Bailey, how many times do you want to get yourself and Clarke out?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

EMC posted:

The actual ground looks like kind of garbage now too, before those new stands went it the Adelaide Oval was a nice mix of old and new

I agree. However with the AFL clubs wanting to move to the more central location where the Oval is compared to Football Park, I guess their hand was pulled to upgrade it.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
The 'fixing' allegations against Cairns, Vincent & Tuffey appear to be from that unflushable turd the ICL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Sorry I didn't have a good look at it, it is cauldron-like. But still has a few gaps and a grassy area.

• Locked thread