Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

E the Shaggy posted:

E: I know nothing about Gal Godat and haven't seen anything she's been in. Is she a good actress? The fact that she was actually in the Israeli army sound pretty rad.

She's been in 3 of the Fast and Furious films (4,5, and 6). That's all I've ever seen her in (and like 99% of the movie going audience too). There was nothing standout about her acting ability, but she's really photogenic and her accent is hot as hell. And it's a law for women to be in the IDF for a certain amount of time; apparently she was a fitness/PT trainer while in the IDF, so she has that going for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Red Bones posted:

It isn't a first at all though. Depending on how the film turns out, she's either going to be part of an ensemble cast or she'll be a supporting character. X-Men has already done that in almost every installment, Marvel has Black Widow and Sif from Thor, even the Batman films have done Catwoman more than once. The new ground to break would be having a big budget superhero film where the main character is a woman, and that's not going to happen because hollywood is sexist. :shrug:

Edit: Also Wonder Woman is going to be in The Lego Movie years before Batman V Supes, so now I don't even know what all the fuss is about.

Yeah, but you know full well that they're going to be pushing her involvement as a big deal. And really it should be, Wonder Woman is definitely more of a heavy hitter than Black Widow and could easily hold a Superman-style film all on her own. Which is probably something DC/WB is going to tease from now on, making a big deal of Wonder Woman being a part of this not-Justice League poo poo as a lead-in to her having her own movie (which won't happen even if the movie doesn't bomb) because it'll get people all buzzing about the movie.

Which, like I said, is a bad thing. That means people are going to be watching a lot more closely, and if they gently caress up they're going to get jumped on a lot harder. Meanwhile Marvel can pretty easily slip Danvers into Avengers 2 even just as a cameo and jump off with a Captain Marvel movie in Phase 3 like it was nothing, in part because the press won't be eyeing them as closely.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

teagone posted:

"How and why does Wonder Woman come to the world of man" is a big enough plot point to warrant an entire film. Sure, they can do a whole prologue that leads up to the birth of Diana, but her going from sheltered princess to an amazon warrior badass is not something that can't just be introduced and have audiences run with it. Especially in a movie that is suppose to be a direct sequel to Man of Steel. The character has a lot of baggage, and her mythos is extensive enough that shoving her into Man of Steel 2's plot without a proper setup could be bad. I like the casting choice, I'm wary of her being in MoS 2. Hopefully she just shows up at the end for a quick cameo, but something tells me they wouldn't announce the casting if she only had like a 2 minute bit.

I know what you mean, but it's a Superman/Batman film with Wonder Woman in it. She's naturally not going to be the center of attention - expecting them to spend a length of time on her character before she became Wonder Woman is a futile endeavour, I'm already certain. They're going to montage her backstory, I can't see how else they do it unless the plot is entirely about Superman/Batman's reactions towards her as a new unknown superhero and there's no villain.

It sucks, but it's the best we're going to get unless they make a solo movie about her.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

teagone posted:

She's been in 3 of the Fast and Furious films (4,5, and 6). That's all I've ever seen her in (and like 99% of the movie going audience too). There was nothing standout about her acting ability, but she's really photogenic and her accent is hot as hell. And it's a law for women to be in the IDF for a certain amount of time; apparently she was a fitness/PT trainer while in the IDF, so she has that going for her.
She seems cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohGDzCykkaU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

No yeah, I totally dig the casting despite her not being my first choice. Way better than Jamie Alexander, Gina Carno, or Olga Kurelenko.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Diane Kruger for Hippolyta

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

greatn posted:

Diane Kruger for Hippolyta

gently caress that, cast Monica Bellucci as Hippolyta. She looks like an older Gal Gadot.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Wait, there are people who don't want Lucy Lawless as Hippolyta?

This thread is the worst.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That girl is no amazon.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
AT this point they should just make it a JLA movie, so many cameos

aroundtheback
Apr 4, 2013
Batman/Superman has everything being thrown at it because Man of Steel wasn't the Iron Man that WB wanted. Its without a doubt in my mind a panic response that Marvel will be making stupid amounts of money with Avengers 2 without any direct competition and so they are throwing absolutely everything in so when the dust settles they can pick the parts that worked and make either a Justice League film or more solo films.

I doubt Wonder Women is going to be little more then a glorified cameo that does something "cool" in hopes audiences will demand a solo film about her and if they dont WB can shrug their shoulders and say at least they tried and then just stick her in the Justice League and try the whole act again.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I think people will feel less terrible about this once the movie has a title that isn't Batman vs. Superman. Y'all need to calm the hell down. Gal Gadot looks fine and tough as poo poo and I am excited for her to be Diana. Also, props to DC for casting an Israeli woman.

Calling it now, this movie will be a plot disaster but a visual feast. It will make many, many dollars. I'm cool with this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If the people behind the Arrow show were the ones steering this movie I'd have more faith in it given all these confirmed stories and rumors of other characters showing up. They know how to introduce a ton of DC characters and balance them correctly. And as someone that actually really enjoyed Man of Steel I just can't see how they're going to juggle all these characters and pay enough attention to the characters established in the first film without some kind of miracle. I would be happy to be proven wrong though.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Deadpool posted:

If the people behind the Arrow show were the ones steering this movie I'd have more faith in it given all these confirmed stories and rumors of other characters showing up. They know how to introduce a ton of DC characters and balance them correctly. And as someone that actually really enjoyed Man of Steel I just can't see how they're going to juggle all these characters and pay enough attention to the characters established in the first film without some kind of miracle. I would be happy to be proven wrong though.

I feel that I should point out that the guys behind Arrow are the same guys behind Green Lantern.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Shawn posted:

I feel that I should point out that the guys behind Arrow are the same guys behind Green Lantern.

Makes sense. In a show like Arrow you have time to explore different story lines over multiple episodes. In Green Lantern they tried to smash a whole lot of storylines in one movie.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I see Wonder Woman's intro (and any other cameos they try to cram in this thing) going like the Justice League cartoon's premiere. Everybody kinda shows up with very little introduction, Batman and Superman are just like "okay, whatever" and just accept their presence (or in the case of Hawkgirl, pretend they've always known her), and then future episodes/movies in this case flesh out the characters on solo adventures.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shawn posted:

Green Lantern is very much a movie that feels like it was put together by a committee and not an actual creative team. Plus almost all of the parts were cast terribly. It's no surprise the movie is bad. Two of the guys that made that are behind Arrow but they're doing good stuff there.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Waterhaul posted:

Hi, I'm Wonder Woman and I'm from this island and can punch people really hard and don't like whomever the bad guy is.

Madkal posted:

How much origin story do you need that can't be explained through dialog?

I don't know if you guys have ever thought about a career in WB's film division, but boy-howdy, I think you've got what it takes.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Kq4s0GPfE

:allears:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think most likely she shows up already as Wonder Woman, to test the waters for a solo movie that can handle the backstory.

Good reception, move forward. Bad reception, your movie is still making a billion dollars because it has Batman and Superman in it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Goddamn they've got the fluidity of how he should move nailed. That scene of him catching the car in midair is fantastic.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So I take it they really are skipping right to Harry then? Maybe Norman takes a modified version at the end and hulks out

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dacap posted:

Goddamn they've got the fluidity of how he should move nailed. That scene of him catching the car in midair is fantastic.

Yeah, that trailer finally got me excited about ASM2.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The movie looks pretty good, but that trailer just cemented the fact that I cannot loving stand anything about Andrew Garfield.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hey, he was great as Biff in Death of a Salesman.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Opopanax posted:

So I take it they really are skipping right to Harry then? Maybe Norman takes a modified version at the end and hulks out

Maybe the whole reason he's dying or least incredibly sick is because at some point he took an early version of the Goblin formula and it worked the way we would actually expect a highly experimental superpower drug to work.

Edit: And I would expect that Richard Parker had something to do with it. Perhaps Parker stands in for the Stromm character, who developed the formula and Norman takes it and/or starts using it on himself or others and because of all that Richard learns that Oscorp is not to be trusted and that his life and work is in serious danger.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 5, 2013

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Opopanax posted:

It looks as if Harry is (a bit crazy too) and trying to impress his crazy evil father which is why he dons to outfit. We know Norman is dying but he looks green and weird too.

Hakkesshu posted:

The movie looks pretty good, but that trailer just cemented the fact that I cannot loving stand anything about Andrew Garfield.

But he's the perfect Peter Parker.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

teagone posted:

gently caress that, cast Monica Bellucci as Hippolyta. She looks like an older Gal Gadot.

If it were years ago I'd say Bellucci should have been WW. But yeah.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I'm curious if there are even more villains in this movie besides Rhino, Goblin, and Electro. The six gates and the quick cameo of Vulture's wings and Doctor Octopus's tentacles definitely gave a full on Sinister Six vibe.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Well, that was delightful!

I still haven't seen ASM1, and probably never will unless it's on FX some Sunday afternoon, but this, this I'll check out in the theatre.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Hakkesshu posted:

I do like how his Peter Parker is basically a teenage Jeff Goldblum character with less umms and ahhs.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Chaos theory is just a fancy term for the ol' Parker luck.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

I do like how his Peter Parker is basically a teenage Jeff Goldblum character with less umms and ahhs.

This is a good thing. In fact, screw it, just make the next Spider-man movie set years ahead and Jeff Goldblum can play Peter Parker. And Spider-man. No CG.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Timeless Appeal posted:

I'm curious if there are even more villains in this movie besides Rhino, Goblin, and Electro. The six gates and the quick cameo of Vulture's wings and Doctor Octopus's tentacles definitely gave a full on Sinister Six vibe.
They do want to do the Sinister 6, but I guess the next film will have the other three villains before they have all of them in the 4th film.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

redbackground posted:

I still haven't seen ASM1, and probably never will unless it's on FX some Sunday afternoon, but this, this I'll check out in the theatre.

You're not missing much.

This one looks like a bit of an improvement but I'm still on the fence.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

redbackground posted:

Well, that was delightful!

You're missing out on the best representation of "modern" Spider-Man on film.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

You're not missing much.

Waterhaul posted:

You're missing out on the best representation of "modern" Spider-Man on film.

One of you is lying :mad:

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

redbackground posted:

One of you is lying :mad:

Nah, they're both pretty much correct. Garfield's Spider-Man is much more faithful to the character than Toby's was, but over-all the movie is kinda forgettable.

And that trailer makes me feel more optimistic about the movie. Having all the villains be created by Oscorp is a bit lazy, but it's 100x better than "Hey, I'm a villain, you're a villain, let's be villains together!" Plus the effects look pretty drat good (Spider-Man 3's effects looked like rear end even when it first came out).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Eh! Frank posted:

Nah, they're both pretty much correct. Garfield's Spider-Man is much more faithful to the character than Toby's was, but over-all the movie is kinda forgettable.

And that trailer makes me feel more optimistic about the movie. Having all the villains be created by Oscorp is a bit lazy, but it's 100x better than "Hey, I'm a villain, you're a villain, let's be villains together!" Plus the effects look pretty drat good (Spider-Man 3's effects looked like rear end even when it first came out).

Having the villains being created by Oscorps or another company worked really really well in Spectaculer and Ultimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I liked ASM because it felt way more like what Spider-Man should be. He acted like a teenager and the movement/hijinks were better overall. If ASM2 is an improvement then it'll be a really solid movie.

• Locked thread