Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ONE's gag manga, Old Man in the Underworld, has finished. If you like the humour in OPM, maybe check it out?

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Makai-no-Ossan

It's pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

One of the best bits of fanart I've ever seen.

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

ONE's gag manga, Old Man in the Underworld, has finished. If you like the humour in OPM, maybe check it out?

It's pretty funny.

Seconding this, I read it in one sitting and it was pretty awesome!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I dunno how things are going with the translations, but Murata redrew and extended the latest chapter on the Japanese website.

New and old.

Ahahaha the Sky King always amuses me. :allears:

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

I dunno how things are going with the translations, but Murata redrew and extended the latest chapter on the Japanese website.

New and old.

That last page spread of the cityscape... Can't wait to see how Murata does the next few chapters.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

AnonSpore posted:

New and old.

Good God, Dark Shine. Murata managed to draw it so that his face looks like someone doodled a face on him with marker, and I love it. That and the hologram display of a scrap of paper. That cityscape is really nice, and I can't wait to see how he's drawn what's casting that shadow.

KoB
May 1, 2009

coathat posted:

I'd rather watch an anime of the original ONE comic than whatever disappointing mess would come out of animating Murata's version.

Eyeshield 21 was consistently good-looking at least.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

AnonSpore posted:

New and old.

First spread: dutch angles ahoy! :shepface:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

KoB posted:

Eyeshield 21 was consistently good-looking at least.

ES21 had a hilariously terrible anime adaptation in nearly every aspect so I have no idea what you're talkinga bout.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Look at what just got picked up!

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/209904/mob-psycho-100_v1_ch1_by_no-group

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ONE has assistants? :stare:

Is kind of weird to see his art on a formal tankobon.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012

That's pretty great, thanks. I was hooked almost immediately.

Wonder if Murata or someone else is going to pick up ONE's other stuff one day. Though it's hilarious enough with his art, of course.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mob Psycho 100 done by Miura Kentarou, Makai no Ossan done by Hara Tetsuo

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

AnonSpore posted:

New and old.

That last shot is making me giggle with excitement.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

It's pretty funny.

So that was pretty surreal. And occasionally, surprisingly profound or inventive. I guess that's what you come to expect from ONE.

Incidentally, I've encountered fan speculation about it that says it's actually set in the same world as Onepunch-Man, or at least, right underneath that one. It's never explicitly stated, but I can kinda see it. On the other hand, could just be ONE recycling some ideas.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

New chapter's out in Japanese.

Pretty short transition chapter, but the Murata design for Boros' lackey was cool to see.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Holy gently caress that spaceship.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah time for some real action.

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009
Holy.. That was pretty awesome! I'v been waiting for few next chapters and I'm sure they wont disappoint.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

In other news, volume 5 of Onepunch-Man is out in Japan as well, with Licenseless Rider taking the cover.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Were a few pages missing from the Kissmanga version? It felt like the plot jumped around a bit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

KittenofDoom posted:

Were a few pages missing from the Kissmanga version? It felt like the plot jumped around a bit.

AnonSpore posted:

Read, bro. It ain't hard. :colbert:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Batoto link: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/209119/onepunch-man_ch30v2_by_nerieru-scans

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Sticky this thread again because poo poo it about to get real.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Read, bro. It ain't hard. :colbert:
I was referring to the issue that just came out; he was talking about the previous issue.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The King Engine is roaring!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RatHat posted:

Holy gently caress that spaceship.

I want a print of that on my wall, goddamn.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo what a chapter. Murata just keeps delivering.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I love how Sky King just gets chumped. Even though you know that Saitama can just straight-up obliterate the new guy and the spaceship he rode in on, the series is just so good at building up its villains.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The new badguys is the enemy of GANTZ

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

I love how Sky King just gets chumped. Even though you know that Saitama can just straight-up obliterate the new guy and the spaceship he rode in on, the series is just so good at building up its villains.

At least the Sea King got some fighting in. (Under)Ground King and Sky King went out like bitches. :allears:

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

The Lord of Hats posted:

I love that they bothered to introduce his three subordinates and make them look badass just so they could die two pages later.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I want to see Saitama punch that giant spaceship to death.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
I wonder if we're going to need a separate thread for ONE's other comics.

Because poo poo suddenly just got real in Mob Psycho.

On topic, it's nice to see another hero seemingly capable of holding his ground. I was sure he'd just die. Granted, he's far from being in the clear now.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

advokat posted:

I wonder if we're going to need a separate thread for ONE's other comics.

Because poo poo suddenly just got real in Mob Psycho.

On topic, it's nice to see another hero seemingly capable of holding his ground. I was sure he'd just die. Granted, he's far from being in the clear now.

:colbert: He is only Class A, Rank 2, this means he is a CHUMP, and will be chumped on.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

AtomikKrab posted:

:colbert: He is only Class A, Rank 2, this means he is a CHUMP, and will be chumped on.

That's still higher than Saitama.

Joking aside, guy seems to have a decent chance at least. Though man, those things utterly wrecked... Everything. Jeez.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 9, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

Keep in mind that's just a step away from S class though.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Everyone is a chump except Saitama.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

RatHat posted:

Keep in mind that's just a step away from S class though.

Well yeah, but it's pretty clear that Saitama defies their entire classification system. He is worlds apart from anyone else.

99% of heroes exist purely to be worfed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
As per Shounen tradition.