Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I like everything except the gaps between stands. Makes it look patched together and cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

One of the cricinfo ball by ball callers said that Perth was his favourite ground, with it being my local I can tell you it is an absolute shithole, both aesthetically and functionally

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
who doesn't love rusty metal and concrete

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
"Bailey's done really well so far today, looked really scratchy early on and in the last game, but could go on to a hundred here"
*next ball*
*caught out*
"Well gently caress that then"

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Broad is superb at wasting reviews.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Good to see the players are still as good as ever at using reviews.

E: Haddin gets a very lucky life there

iajanus fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Dec 5, 2013

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Englands day but we aren't too far off the pace. Close cricket but so boring. Stupid Adelaide.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hmm not quite the collapse i was hoping for.

Although I fear 275 is about a hundred runs too many for England to chase down.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Bleh, by rights we should be all out for that score. Some pretty crap batting going on, someone should have gone on to a big score, maybe they still will, but we through away a good position with that collapse.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I am loving all the racists coming out for Monty though.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
It's funnier when you remember that nobody has dared make any about Carberry yet.

And that any number of 'trickling down leg' jibes at Panesar would be better anyway

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Coucho Marx posted:

It's funnier when you remember that nobody has dared make any about Carberry yet.

And that any number of 'trickling down leg' jibes at Panesar would be better anyway

Im pretty sure all of the Aussie team are scared of Carberry, he doesnt get sledged. Dudes a tank.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
He needs to actually be out there long enough first before he gets sledged.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Did the commentators ever talk about the match fixing stuff or were they too busy plugging some wank show on 9?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I think they were contractually obliged to talk non stop about the parts of the ground that haven't been completely ruined so a lot of time was spent talking about the hill and the scoreboard.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

fuckpot posted:

He needs to actually be out there long enough first before he gets sledged.

Are you saying he leaves his partner a lot?

Fuckin racist.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

There's an hour package of highlights on Ch9 at 10:30 for those of us who had work or whatever and couldn't watch any of today.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
South African team is wearing bright pink outfits for breast cancer awareness thing and they look absolutely ridiculous.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
I'm really nervous about England batting now, this seems like exactly the kind of pitch that Cook and Bell can bat for a million years on, and if Johnson goes too long without a wicket he may get frustrated and start spraying it everywhere. Hopefully Lyon steps up.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

South Africa could barely score over 200 against Pakistan, but now they're going to be smashing 300+ every game against India.

India are really poo poo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Coucho Marx posted:

I'm really nervous about England batting now, this seems like exactly the kind of pitch that Cook and Bell can bat for a million years on, and if Johnson goes too long without a wicket he may get frustrated and start spraying it everywhere. Hopefully Lyon steps up.

Haha yeah about that. Australia gonna win by an innings.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

can we please stop trying to out reverse spoonboy each other and get back to ridiculously optimistic persiflage

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thehappyprince posted:

can we please stop trying to out reverse spoonboy each other and get back to ridiculously optimistic persiflage

I like that we're poo poo again I couldnt cope with us being good mate this is like a warm blanket that i've put away for the summer and now the nights are cold again im going to wrap myself up in our horrible batting failures and awful bowling and drift peacefully off to sleep.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

serious gaylord posted:

I like that we're poo poo again I couldnt cope with us being good mate this is like a warm blanket that i've put away for the summer and now the nights are cold again im going to wrap myself up in our horrible batting failures and awful bowling and drift peacefully off to sleep.

Are you Jonathan Trott irl??

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

England are going to be fine. A poo poo team and poo poo players can only keep playing out of their skins for a limited time. As long as we don't have a massive mental collapse then we should stop them from regaining the Ashes at least.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
This is basically like the Gabba where Australia will get out for a bit short of what would be considered a decent first innings total

However at the Gabba there was actual bounce in the pitch and Mitchell Johnson's shortcomings as a bowler and actual human person were papered over.

Steve Smith's face is more terrifying than his bowling. Nathan Lyon's massive forehead and receding hairline have a comforting familiarity to the English and hold no fear either.

So it will come down to will England poo poo the bed. Money is on yes.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

nzspambot posted:

:lol: wonder who that will be

source: left wing wank fest paper http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11167158

You're claiming The Herald is a left wing paper? With John Roughan as the political editor?

You must be somewhere to the right of the BNP.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

NZ chat - I do like the look of this young Sodhi lad. He's been a bit expensive, but the overs I've watched closely have shown a nice change of pace and variation.

Even if he's nothing special his dirty looking beard must ensure continued selection

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

dusty posted:

NZ chat - I do like the look of this young Sodhi lad. He's been a bit expensive, but the overs I've watched closely have shown a nice change of pace and variation.

Even if he's nothing special his dirty looking beard must ensure continued selection

He has a googly and an actual wrong'un that turns so he is probably our best ever legspinner on that alone (Jack Alabaster may have been better but with the general quality of our side back then I doubt it.)

Chanderpaul dismissed twice, just need to hold on to these catches and get Bravo out sooner rather than later. Would like this wrapped up today without having to bat again.

edit: Sodhi looks good with the bat too, should be at 8 in this lineup ahead of Southee.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
ABC just said that the geoblock has been removed, so get into this audio action:
http://www.cricket.com.au/live/audio-stream

Although I dunno why they are using a video stream for audio.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Smorgasbord posted:

He has a googly and an actual wrong'un that turns so he is probably our best ever legspinner on that alone (Jack Alabaster may have been better but with the general quality of our side back then I doubt it.)

Chanderpaul dismissed twice, just need to hold on to these catches and get Bravo out sooner rather than later. Would like this wrapped up today without having to bat again.

edit: Sodhi looks good with the bat too, should be at 8 in this lineup ahead of Southee.

His beyond vertical bowling arm is loving up his leg-spinner and his control is nothing special. Learning to bowl at test level Vettori style is going to be really hard so lets hope he's tough mentally.

edit: also lol, India are poo poo.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

This will probably end up being some foot in mouth action when he gets a hat trick, but why are they starting Monty first up this morning? Haddin & Clarke are probably our best players against spin

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Australia to declare at tea on ~475.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Monty's cracking up

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Are they wearing black armbands to protest the death of democracy in Australia?

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Haha like Australians would notice or care.

Marcus North's brother died a few days ago.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
England are about as threatening as New Zealand.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Boycott posted:

If he had got there, you and me, our hearts would have been in our mouths, "Will he catch it?".

Because he's not very good at it.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The poor guy had no idea. Why is he fielding there to Haddin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Oh Boycott.

It did look like one you could have dived for, at least try to catch it. You couldn't see say Pietersen or Smith missing that opportunity.

• Locked thread