Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A21wxZKiao8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Active missile and active defense is the bees knees.

I always liked smokescreen since it lets me poo poo out a cloud of smoke and haul rear end away while it eliminates the 3d spotting on you for a bit.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Having air superiority with a good AA is a big advantage to your team, I don't get why it makes people so mad. They're also not that difficult to kill if you jihad jeep or c4 them. A lot of AA gunners are focused on the sky and you can get pretty close.

I don't get mad about it I just try to find creative ways to take the loving thing out. moker spawned on top of me the other day and ran straight up to one while shooting it with a pistol while I attached c4 to it.

most of the maps they're pretty easy to stay out of their firing arcs but some maps like lancang seem to just invite terrible people to hide in their uncap which as you saw tonight they can still be dealt with if you don't slam into the ground in front of them :shobon:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Games is the worst loving sub forum:

Ularg posted:

You're giving this game a little too much of a pass. It's been unplayable for some people and I've been lucky to avoid the sound-repeating bugs for so long. There are enough problems to make the score the way it is. It's a roll of the dice if you can play a round without some major bug and that does start to annoy and affect your enjoyment.

If it wasn't for the constant pushing of the map packs maybe it wouldn't be as bad. This game needed half a year.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

MY IMMERSION

I like shooting mans and unlocking stuff. My system is older but guess what? Doesn't crash on me that much and I run it at an acceptable framerate.

I could use a SSD though.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
"Game disconnected: could not join server."

If I get this one more goddamn time I'm going to cut my dick off in front of the whole loving company at PT formation at 0630. And throw it at top then run screaming into the night.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
China Rising patch is 4.5GB. If you're crashing trying to join the maps update the game.

e: went through all the maps and they're fuckin huge

krispykremessuck fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Dec 3, 2013

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

krispykremessuck posted:

China Rising patch is 4.5GB. If you're crashing trying to join the maps update the game.

e: went through all the maps and they're fuckin huge

Dudes in the games thread were freaking out that they were crashing trying to join servers with the new maps but hadn't downloaded them. Fuckin goons, man.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always
also like 99% of game launch errors can be fixed by just closing and reopening battlelog

goons are loving babies

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

rear end creed 4 and rocksmith 2014 are both about half off on amazon today btw

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
AssCreed 4 is pretty great.

Games threads will usually boil over in the "going too gentle on game developers" circle jerk if the game shows the slightest amount of bugs. I still laugh about the idiot who had 2 500 dollar video cards that were running in SLI and he couldn't get Rome 2 over 40 fps.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

ghost bones posted:

rear end creed 4 and rocksmith 2014 are both about half off on amazon today btw

Rocksmith 2014 is supposed to be like 29$ on PSN this afternoon if you have Plus and prefer it on the PS3.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Snowdens Secret posted:

Rocksmith 2014 is supposed to be like 29$ on PSN this afternoon if you have Plus and prefer it on the PS3.

My copy of it should be delivered today from Amazon. :)

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

holocaust bloopers posted:

AssCreed 4 is pretty great.

Games threads will usually boil over in the "going too gentle on game developers" circle jerk if the game shows the slightest amount of bugs. I still laugh about the idiot who had 2 500 dollar video cards that were running in SLI and he couldn't get Rome 2 over 40 fps.

Well when Rome II launched it just ran like poo poo for no reason on a lot of good systems.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Loaded up an empty server to check out the new maps. Wound up on KFS :haw:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Loaded up an empty server to check out the new maps. Wound up on KFS :haw:

I keep KFS in my favorite to laugh at it's emptiness and practice choppers.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
The deaths in Tomb Raider are :stare: as gently caress

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

gleep gloop posted:

That whole game is :stare: as gently caress.

With some :catstare: mixed in.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That whole game is :stare: as gently caress.

With some :catstare: mixed in.

Yeah dude, poo poo gets hard core quick.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

i find them rather arousing, personally

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I saw I had some hooahs, so I gave some out and then

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

ghost bones posted:

i find them rather arousing, personally

Well yeah duh, I'm full staff the entire time.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

gleep gloop posted:

It's a really good game. Lara goes from "AAhhhhh! Don't wanna kill!!" to straight up desiring murder on everyone.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

holocaust bloopers posted:

It's a really good game. Lara goes from "AAhhhhh! Don't wanna kill!!" to straight up desiring murder on everyone.

420 ghost motherfuckers with a bow all day err day

Seriously didn't use anything besides the bow for like 90% of the game.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Haha goons are really loving mad about Premium owners getting China Rising 2 weeks early. They keep posting things like "Don't tell me it's out when it's only out for people who decided to buy the game twice ARGH!"

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Fallom posted:

Haha goons are really loving mad about Premium owners getting China Rising 2 weeks early. They keep posting things like "Don't tell me it's out when it's only out for people who decided to buy the game twice ARGH!"

THIS BROKEN GAME MAKING ME BUY poo poo

Mister Man
Nov 22, 2006

IWHBYD...
So frustrated with BF4/my computer. Something isn't working right with windows 8.1. I will join a game and within 10 seconds it will just normally log me out. I have downloaded and updated punk buster manually and that doesn't fix the problems. Same with graphics driver.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

the best part of gaming is watching poor people with no self control spend themselves into debt

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I resemble that remark.

Until I get the cash from selling my house, anyway.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Well I just had bf4 bluescreen by machine playing domination on one of the China Rising maps.

There's a first for everything I guess.

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 4, 2013

Mister Man
Nov 22, 2006

IWHBYD...
Apparently there are 2 punk buster services in the task manager that have to be running. Everything seems to be fine now.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mister Man posted:

Apparently there are 2 punk buster services in the task manager that have to be running. Everything seems to be fine now.

Punkbuster is not really a 'service'. They just stuck it there because thats the only way they can get that invasive bullshit to work.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
Some nerd ran up on me on zavod and tried to knife but I mashed a bunch of keys real hard and stabbed him with his own poo poo :lol:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Some nerd ran up on me on zavod and tried to knife but I mashed a bunch of keys real hard and stabbed him with his own poo poo :lol:

I heard there was a bug introduced in the new patch that lets you counter knife attacks from the side now

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

God this loving jet poo poo is miserable. I keep getting shot down in one burst by all the sperglords and I can somehow never manage to shake them.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 5, 2013

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Fallom posted:

Got this loving jet poo poo is miserable. I keep getting shot down in one burst by all the sperglords and I can somehow never manage to shake them.

It's impossible to shake another jet on your tail in BF4 because everyone moves and turns at constant speed. All he has to do is keep pointing at you rather than match your ~tactical maneuvers~ as in every previous title.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

at the date posted:

It's impossible to shake another jet on your tail in BF4 because everyone moves and turns at constant speed. All he has to do is keep pointing at you rather than match your ~tactical maneuvers~ as in every previous title.

This guy knows what's up. You'll never shake someone on your tail unless you can get them to crash into the ground following you.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Who woulda thought that there'd be 10-player air superiority servers with gentleman's rules. Hint hint.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
Its extremely weird that people derive pleasure form watching other people play video games on streams or youtube videos. Its even weirder that people 'donate' money to them. Can someone explain this? I know there has to be someone in here that enjoys "Lets Play!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

i think a lot of it comes from being too poor to actually afford the games in the first place

• Locked thread