Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Yeah WTT had a few big hits but the album as a whole was pretty lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

Has anybody listened to WTT in the past year? That album felt more like a summer blockbuster than a 'serious' addition to either artists body of work, all flash and spectacle but zero depth. I bumped it a fair bit when it came out but am struggling to remember more than three or four tracks from it now.

Roughly half of the tracks get pretty regular rotation on my workout playlist, but yeah the other half are totally forgettable.

WTT is like the epitome of hit/miss. When it hits, it's loving stratospheric- like instant mania in song form. Total snoozefest when it misses, although I feel like that's usually more Hove's fault (*insert totally interchangeable and tired verse about art collection/Hublot/defying expectations, repeat*) than Yeezy's.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WTT blows as a whole but Niggas in Paris will be bumped for the rest of time.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

WTT is half a great album

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Tremendous Taste posted:

WTT is half a great album

Created by a half great duo (at the time).

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Created by a half great duo (at the time).

:respek:

I think Cruel Summer is pretty underrated, I still listen to Clique/Morning/Don't Like/Mercy/New God Flow/To The World in my regular rotation and I know Theraflu does it for other people

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 6, 2013

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

Tremendous Taste posted:

:respek:

I think Cruel Summer is pretty underrated, I still listen to Clique/Morning/Don't Like/Mercy/New God Flow/To The World in my regular rotation and I know Theraflu does it for other people

All of those are great songs but they were all released prior to the album coming out and the entire rest of the CD was really bad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kid Gloves posted:

All of those are great songs but they were all released prior to the album coming out and the entire rest of the CD was really bad

I like Bliss :mad:

e: on second thought I think it has something to do with the fact that 2012 fall/winter was kinda weak in terms of releases outside of eX, Gibbs, big boi and kendrick

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 6, 2013

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Every single track on Watch The Throne is incredible and almost every track on Cruel Summer is. Luxury Rap, the Hermes of Verses.

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

scary ghost dog posted:

Every single track on Watch The Throne is incredible and almost every track on Cruel Summer is. Luxury Rap, the Hermes of Verses.

Lift Off

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

scary ghost dog posted:

Made In America

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Those are both really great tracks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A couple of my friends are at the Yeezus show here in New Orleans right now and they're posting videos to Instagram. Yeezy's got these rows of women dressed in white that look like angels who are standing completely still and he's going crazy rapping all around them. That was during On Sight. poo poo looks weird. I wish I was there.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I like the drums at the end of Lift Off :shobon:

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Went to the show in Kansas City two nights ago. Tech N9ne performed a song with Kendrick in case you guys wanted to know that.

Two t-shirts cost me $70 and they didn't have 3/4 of the tour merch I've seen on the internet. Most I've ever spent on a concert in my life but it was a night to remember.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A couple of my friends are at the Yeezus show here in New Orleans right now and they're posting videos to Instagram. Yeezy's got these rows of women dressed in white that look like angels who are standing completely still and he's going crazy rapping all around them. That was during On Sight. poo poo looks weird. I wish I was there.

Yeah its a great show. I got this snap when I was there at Barclays in Brooklyn.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bows1 posted:

Yeah its a great show. I got this snap when I was there at Barclays in Brooklyn.

What a strange, magnificent dude he is :allears:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

bows1 posted:

Wtf this picture is amazing

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

bows1 posted:

This is a great pic.

It makes all the complaining over Bound II's video hilarious, like the dude whose concert looks like this really has no idea what "imagery" is

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I have a few more good ones if anyone has any interest in seeing.

I like to snap a good shot then enjoy the show, but drat everyone just records the entire show and watches it through their phone screen. gently caress that

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks

bows1 posted:

I like to snap a good shot then enjoy the show, but drat everyone just records the entire show and watches it through their phone screen. gently caress that

please post them , that picture is really cool.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

bows1 posted:

Yes please.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Here's an album of my pics from the second Barclays show. http://imgur.com/a/2TNBv

also Bonita Applebaum

she got it goin on

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

bows1 posted:

THE RING, KANYE!!!

THROW THE RING NOW.......

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

bows1 posted:

Holy loving poo poo. How??

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Hydraulics under the stage. It's also how he jumps really high if you see people commenting on that he uses it to launch himself.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
That first shot is when he sang Coldest Winter for Donda. All taken from General Pit

Before the mountain came out

Blood on the leaves

White Jesus atop the mountain speaking to his disciples.

Splitting the mountain, comes out with a prayer parade with incense. Thats the drum pad in the middle of the pad where he played Runaway live.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Good god that tour better come to Europe.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Why is the closest stop in DC or Atlanta for me? Looks like an amazing show.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

bows1 posted:

Splitting the mountain, comes out with a prayer parade with incense. Thats the drum pad in the middle of the pad where he played Runaway live.

I mean the whole show was great, but the Runaway part was pretty incredible stuff.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

drat it I just spent a lot of money booking a NYE trip to Vegas and buying Christmas gifts, but I really want to go to the show here in Houston tomorrow...

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'd love to see the show but as someone who loved concert photography [and manages not to obstruct the view of others while doing it], I don't think I want to see a guy w/ a mask rap live.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Dead Snoopy posted:

I don't think I want to see a guy w/ a mask rap live.

Yes, as you can see from those pictures this is basically the whole show. Kanye puts on a mask and raps. Lame.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I can't fathom a guy who likes photography of any kind seeing those pictures and going, "that's not for me."

4R7 THi3F
Aug 8, 2005

oh... so you ARE sick....

These pictures are amazing, the production of his concerts are unbelievable. I can't even fathom the logistics that goes into transporting these sets around. I'm kicking myself for not getting tickets, ugh.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

4R7 THi3F posted:

These pictures are amazing, the production of his concerts are unbelievable. I can't even fathom the logistics that goes into transporting these sets around. I'm kicking myself for not getting tickets, ugh.

I generally dislike stadium shows and prefer smaller venues but gently caress this looks like it would have been worth it. I missed out on the MSG and Barclays dates.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
he does take his mask of near the end when he plays old songs and Bound 2. He looks so happy once he finishes all of yeezus and cuts loose with old tracks. Definitely worth it . Talking about the masks

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
I thought the masks and his outfits were all incredible. Didn't hinder his performance in the slightest. They're the kind of iconic fashion pieces you'll probably see in a popular music museum in a few decades.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I saw this in KC on Tuesday as well. I am 36 and see tons of shows. This was one of the most artistic things I have ever seen. The thing that really brought out how awesome he is live, was seeing Jay Z 2 days before. Jay was "good", but was just a by the numbers rap concert. Kanye was an experience.

Praise Yeezus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Welp that was incredible and worth every cent. See the show if you have the chance everyone.

• Locked thread