Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Oasx posted:

Didn't Oliver and Felicia pretty much declare their love for each other a few episodes back? Just seemed a little weird how fast they went to Barry and Felicia together.

At absolute most, you had semi-confirmation that Felicity has a crush on Oliver (or at least wishes she'd been the recipient of a Russia quickie instead of Isobel), and that he cares about her too much (as a person, as a friend, as a whatever) to pursue anything (because his life is dangerous, etc.).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

hcreight posted:

I am in full approval of this, both as a cast diversification measure and because it makes internet racists really mad every time they make usually white characters into minorities. :allears:
Interestingly this would make Wally West black as well, or biracial.

:anime:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BrianWilly posted:

Interestingly this would make Wally West black as well, or biracial.

:anime:

Awesome. Somebody go ask Donald Glover if he's got post-community plans.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

VagueRant posted:

I really really hope they didn't just kill Slade. Like that, anyway. (I know Canary asked about him, but maybe they screwed up there.)

They're not going to get rid of the best actor on the show. Anyway no-one in this show seems actually capable of staying dead so I wouldn't worry about it. Season 3 Tommy will probably show back up :v:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The best part of tonight's episode? No Laurel :colbert:

I wonder how many people didn't realize this. I know I sure didn't.

That truck scene ruled.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ded posted:

I wonder how many people didn't realize this. I know I sure didn't.

That truck scene ruled.

I did not even notice. The only thing that grated on me was all the ORIGIN STORY stuff said by everyone. And it wasn't that it was bad origins it was just heavy hamhanded in its overly expository delivery.

But I'm glad Laurel wasn't around - it gave time for more interesting things to happen. I also don't really know what they're trying to do with Ollie's business partner lady.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Wachepti posted:

They're not going to get rid of the best actor on the show. Anyway no-one in this show seems actually capable of staying dead so I wouldn't worry about it. Season 3 Tommy will probably show back up :v:

Tommy is going to be the Arrow equivalent of Uncle Ben, he ain't showing up unless its a dream sequence, flashback or alternate reality.

His father is going to haunt the show until the final season. All is as it should be.

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

All these goddamn books need more descriptions of boobies in them!

Rhyno posted:

No, she said she didn't understand how he could bang fetus face when Felicity was standing right there. Ollie sort of shrugged it off and we all know he's in love with Laurel.

The subtext was really clear. She demanded why he had meaningless sex with a bitch when she loves him so much, and he said something along the lines of " I have to shut out the women I really love because it is too dangerous for me to be with someone because that can cloud my judgement and the woman could be used against me.".

They didn't drag it out, but it was clear. Ollie likes Felicity, but doesn't feel like he can have any sort of lasting relationship while he is The Arrow. Whether or not he returns Felicity's feelings as strongly as she feels them is yet to be explored, but a ton of the pre season cast interviews said that their definitely will be romantic events and growth as far as the "olicity" pairing goes.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Does the fact that Ra's didn't know Merlyn was still alive basically confirm he wasn't Lazarus Pitted and just faked his death really well?

And man I can't wait for next week, this week has been great and Barry has just been really likeable right off the bat.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Does the fact that Ra's didn't know Merlyn was still alive basically confirm he wasn't Lazarus Pitted and just faked his death really well?

And man I can't wait for next week, this week has been great and Barry has just been really likeable right off the bat.

Merlyn said as much when he showed up. "There are places where death is an illusion. I've been to one. I learned to be very convincing."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You know, the perfect way for them to introduce gimmicky arrows like the boxing glove and stuff is with Roy.

He can't afford carbon fiber like Ollie can. He has to improvise.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I have no clue why this is happening but I love it.

https://vine.co/v/hAxrOTIzBnE

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

I have no clue why this is happening but I love it.

https://vine.co/v/hAxrOTIzBnE

Jesus, Amell really ruins it for us out of shape dudes.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Amell is probably the most fandom-savvy actor I've ever seen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ufarn posted:

Amell is probably the most fandom-savvy actor I've ever seen.

I saw him first!

I did, my girlfriend made me sit through endless Greys Anatomy episodes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Welp Spoilers for next episode.

Like Seriously. You probably shouldn't look at these unless you want to be spoiled. I'm actually kinda pissed I ran into them looking at the Next Episode extended Promo. So I'm going to give you all the option to let a surprise get ruined.

Welp. If that Happens then that explains how Roy is eventually going to don the Red Hood.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.
Okay, the kid they got for Barry's okay. I have problems here, but I can swallow them and only choke a little, occasionally.

-The 'he's too young' think still strikes me, Barry should really be an age peer of Oliver. Wally would be 'a kid'. But I can swallow it, okay.

-His hair is really dark. They couldn't take the time to lighten the kid's hair up some? "It's not a big deal, his hair's dark", I'm sure some folk will say. And it's not a big deal to have them lighten his hair, either. Wouldn't even take long. But that's a quibble, I freely admit that.

-What does bug me, and I couldn't stop looking at it the entire episode, is that his face is so strongly chin-pointy. That'll look a little weird with the Flash's mask, but we'll have to see how it turns out. On the other hand, I wish they'd cut his hair shorter (if not the classic Barry buzzcut) because with how strongly his entire face seems to lead to that pointy chin, having the poofy hair makes his head look like it's shaped like an ice-cream cone, and it's just goofy looking in a non-endearing way. :/

His acting was good, he seemed to take to the role just fine, and so long as I can swallow the part where he's too young for Barry I rather liked him. But I really think doing some better things with his hair would help.

As far as Moira and her "Ahh, that's nice Malcom. Hey I called Ra's btw" goes... I presumed (for the sake of not getting pulled out of the show) that she looked into his mention of Nanda Parbat and found out about Ra's because... rich shady people can do that? It was a stretch, but I accepted it because it was just nice to see Moira do something when faced with Malcom other than cower and cave.

Is it wrong that I kind of wish I had a "I was kidnapped by Black Driver" T-shirt? :T

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Dexo posted:

Like Seriously. You probably shouldn't look at these unless you want to be spoiled. I'm actually kinda pissed I ran into them looking at the Next Episode extended Promo.
poo poo, I know what you mean. I think I would've rather :monocle:-ed watching that in real time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wolvorine posted:

Okay, the kid they got for Barry's okay. I have problems here, but I can swallow them and only choke a little, occasionally.

-The 'he's too young' think still strikes me, Barry should really be an age peer of Oliver. Wally would be 'a kid'. But I can swallow it, okay.

His age is appropriate for Barry Allen.

It's Ollie who's a bit too old, comparatively.

quote:

As far as Moira and her "Ahh, that's nice Malcom. Hey I called Ra's btw" goes... I presumed (for the sake of not getting pulled out of the show) that she looked into his mention of Nanda Parbat and found out about Ra's because... rich shady people can do that? It was a stretch, but I accepted it because it was just nice to see Moira do something when faced with Malcom other than cower and cave.

That's exactly what she said she did.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexo posted:

Welp. If that Happens then that explains how Roy is eventually going to don the Red Hood.

Now I'm gonna be sad everytime that I see that nickname since they would be talking about Roy and no about Jason. :smith:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Dexo posted:

Welp Spoilers for next episode.

:stare:

This god drat show.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Neon Knight posted:

Ollie fucken shot Roy in the leg because he almost had a clue that wouldn't turn into a real lead because Roy doesn't have the resources Ollie does. This miracle poo poo really pisses him off.

I suppose if you inject your mentor with the stuff and it kills him (Preview: or turns him against you), you have very good reason to be an autocratic dick about the whole situation.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Oh no, maybe Ollie will have to shoot him in the other heel. Seriously, Ollie's callousness makes th whole thing kind of uninteresting.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Right from the outset Ollie made it clear Roy was only an informant and was absolutely not allowed to directly participate in what Ollie does. Roy threw a tantrum about it here and got spanked. That's really all there is to it. I mean, sorry, but what did Roy think would happen when he mouthed off to the ornery vigilante?

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Well, he probably didn't expect an arrow to the knee...

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Dracorion posted:

Taser arrow probably won't slow him down much, and Ollie did use the... bola arrow? to trap Cyrus but he just ripped that off. And I don't quite think Ollie's thought of inventing super glue or freeze arrows yet.

He could've tried poking him with two dozen tranq arrows, though. That might've done the trick.

Hasn't he used exploding arrows already? Those would have been useful, especially in combination with nailing the guys feet to the ground. And then blowing them off. Sounds like good television to me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Remember that Facebook tease that Stephen did for this week's episode? He did one for next week's as well. Don't look if you don't want to know.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/544091345676137

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

BrianWilly posted:

Right from the outset Ollie made it clear Roy was only an informant and was absolutely not allowed to directly participate in what Ollie does. Roy threw a tantrum about it here and got spanked. That's really all there is to it. I mean, sorry, but what did Roy think would happen when he mouthed off to the ornery vigilante?
Yeah Ollie pretty much knew even for him it might be a losing proposition so he probably didn't want to put Roy (and by extension Thea) in that position so he decided to cripple him to take him out of the equation.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Also, the first part of the Q&A

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=544218312330107&set=vb.146921975393078&type=2&theater

Stephen is such a fantastic dude :allears:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Habibi posted:

Hasn't he used exploding arrows already? Those would have been useful, especially in combination with nailing the guys feet to the ground. And then blowing them off. Sounds like good television to me.

You're forgetting Ollie's "No Killing Unless Felicity" rule.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

jscolon2.0 posted:

You're forgetting Ollie's "No Killing Unless Felicity" rule.

Contingency plans should be prepared when fighting a dude with concrete muscles.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Habibi posted:

Contingency plans should be prepared when fighting a dude with concrete muscles.

So is Ollie Superpowered too or what, because how else did he jam that arrow into a leg as dense as concrete with his bare hand in the truck?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Drifter posted:

So is Ollie Superpowered too or what, because how else did he jam that arrow into a leg as dense as concrete with his bare hand in the truck?

He Cut the Skin. Didn't penetrate the muscle.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dexo posted:

He Cut the Skin. Didn't penetrate the muscle.

His penetration is just fine. :colbert:

Seriously though, yeah that's what happened.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

Deadpool posted:

His penetration is just fine. :colbert:

How in the hell is THAT not the thread title?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
We at least know Ollie's abs are dense as concrete.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Wolvorine posted:

How in the hell is THAT not the thread title?
I thought it was, "He penetrates just fine."

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Kind of an odd thing to note, but I love what they did with the music this week. Every time Barry was happening he had this light, airy theme that existed in pretty stark contrast to the heavy tones of the rest of the show. It was a nice little nod to the fact that Barry is coming to Starling City from a different 'world' with a very different mindset.

Then, in the final scene where Barry's waking up in the Arrow cave, his theme gets blended with (and eventually overtaken by) the main Arrow theme, like the show is saying 'Welcome to OUR world, Barry. Hope you enjoy your stay. :unsmigghh:' I love little touches like that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't know if anyone else in here picked it up, Bethany Snow from the comics is actually in the show. I totally missed it till had it pointed out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Wrong thread.

• Locked thread