Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The difference being that I would drive this.

Pretty much. Saw that and my first thought was "all right, I'm OK with that."

I'm not utterly put off by the Orochi, but yeah....

Randall and/or

Pitch Black alien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

dubzee posted:

They also sell this thing based on an NC Miata:

Ungh. I assume NC in this context means non-consensual?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

dubzee posted:

Specs on their website show a Toyota 3MZ engine boasting 233 hp.

They also sell this thing based on an NC Miata:

That's inoffensive and certainly less hideous than the Orochi. Certainly uglier than an actual Miata but what you gonna do?

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010
looks more like tthis to me:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just a reminder.

Mitsuoka does stuff to mustangs.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

wayfinder posted:

Ungh. I assume NC in this context means non-consensual?

NC is the code used for the 3rd gen Miata.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_MX-5#Third_generation_.28NC.29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_N_platform#NC

anonumos fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 5, 2013

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

Powershift posted:

Just a reminder.

Mitsuoka does stuff to mustangs.

Also, what is this supposed to be?

http://fabwheelsdigest.blogspot.com/2013/01/2011-rolls-royce-apparition-concept-by.html

Asshole Bicycle fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Dec 5, 2013

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The difference being that I would drive this.
I dunno, that front end is amazing, but if it's still 'mostly miata' from the doors back...not so much.

This is actually a decent looking functional mod, though.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 5, 2013

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Kenny Rogers posted:

I dunno, that front end is amazing, but if it's still 'mostly miata' from the doors back...not so much.

It's not half bad:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mitsuoka+himiko&sa=X&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=npmgUq3RIOrJsQTh34LACA&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1128&bih=742

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Looks like the car from the Batman cartoon.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ved=0CDQQ9QEwAw

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

Also, what is this supposed to be?

Thinking about this for a couple hours, I've come to the conclusion that this is the Rolls Royce of 2030, when self driving cars have become commonplace, and things like "windshields" aren't necessary anymore, so you can style a car any way you like (read: Every 7 year old's wet dream), and it'll remain perfectly functional.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

It looks like it got its underwear pulled over its head.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Except the entire area over the passenger compartment will be made from adjustable transparency glass.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Kenny Rogers posted:

Thinking about this for a couple hours, I've come to the conclusion that this is the Rolls Royce of 2030, when self driving cars have become commonplace, and things like "windshields" aren't necessary anymore, so you can style a car any way you like (read: Every 7 year old's wet dream), and it'll remain perfectly functional.

I seem to recall this particular Rolls was designed around you having a chauffeur (and he was sat open to the elements).

*edit: here we go:

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

88h88 posted:

I seem to recall this particular Rolls was designed around you having a chauffeur (and he was sat open to the elements).

Well, that make a tiny bit more sense.
Wait. Is that suede on the tops of the front fenders?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Darchangel posted:

Well, that make a tiny bit more sense.
Wait. Is that suede on the tops of the front fenders?

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

:wal: It's all bad! :stat:

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Well they're both red and convertibles, so good job?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's incredible how fervently other automakers will try and make the Impreza Casablanca look good.

I mean, it's a loving impossible task, but good job anyway.

edit: just now realized it has a power rear antenna. I wonder if that means there's a special part number for the rear quarter running around out there.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

This looks like a rolling coffin.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

General Wiggles posted:

This looks like a rolling coffin.

I imagine a guy with a flowing scarf, bulb bike horn on the side, and leather pilots cap and flying goggles driving it around.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's incredible how fervently other automakers will try and make the Impreza Casablanca look good.

I mean, it's a loving impossible task, but good job anyway.

edit: just now realized it has a power rear antenna. I wonder if that means there's a special part number for the rear quarter running around out there.

I actually kind of like that.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

It looks like a modernized TF MG, minus the Lucas, Prince of Darkness electrics. And there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Did Lucas really wire cars with silly string or was it weaker than that?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That's standard on the Japanese market cars (at least the non-turbos)

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Did Lucas really wire cars with silly string or was it weaker than that?
In my youth, at the ripe old age of 19, I owned a '74 Jensen Healey.
Silly String is quite the apt analogy. Only partially due to Silly String's non-conductive properties.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Silly String doesn't dissolve nearly as rapidly when wet as a Lucas wiring harness.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

dissss posted:

That's standard on the Japanese market cars (at least the non-turbos)

As far as I remember my parent's old one it was standard on UK cars too, which makes sense.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
had a tire puncture yesterday, just getting that replaced right now at the dealership. There's some guy in for a seized brake caliper. Sounds like they won't be able to get the part in today so he's upset and saying he's going to take his car elsewhere making the argument of "I had enough brakes to get here, I have enough brakes to leave" It's currently -29ºC and all the roads are wither packed snow or ice...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

jammyozzy posted:

As far as I remember my parent's old one it was standard on UK cars too, which makes sense.

Weird. It's on the driver side A-pillar on North American cars until 04ish I think. Another random Subaru factoid which I should've picked up by now considering how many JDMs are running around here.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

CommieGIR posted:

I imagine a guy with a flowing scarf, bulb bike horn on the side, and leather pilots cap and flying goggles driving it around.

Just hope the scarf doesn't get caught by the wheel and snap their neck when they take off!

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

DarkSol posted:

Just hope the scarf doesn't get caught by the wheel and snap their neck when they take off!
That would likely only happen if the driver were Tom Baker, and last I checked he drove some sort of timey wimey police box loookin' thing.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Kenny Rogers posted:

That would likely only happen if the driver were Tom Baker, and last I checked he drove some sort of timey wimey police box loookin' thing.

Actually, it's how Isadora Duncan was killed, interestingly enough.

quote:

Duncan's fondness for flowing scarves contributed to her death in an automobile accident in Nice, France, when she was a passenger in an Amilcar. Her silk scarf, draped around her neck, became entangled around the open-spoked wheels and rear axle, breaking her neck.

DarkSol fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 6, 2013

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
spotted at work today

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

spotted at work today

How does that even happen?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Rusty spring perch.

The coup de grace was the tailgate falling off when we backed it off the lift. You want a bellylaugh, get a few mechanics and show them that spring, then shed parts exiting the shop. My sides hurt so bad.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 6, 2013

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's basically what a 3" body lift did to my 93 YJ. On 6 of the 11 mounts, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

88h88 posted:

"Parker, please take me to Harrods! Post haste!"

"..."

"PARKER! HARRODS!"

"..."

(Good luck communicating with said chauffer if he's a) cut off from you and b) getting buffeted by the elements).