Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Metal Loaf posted:

Yeah, I'm inclined to assume they could use her if she's only called Betsy Braddock, because as far as I'm aware she wasn't called Psylocke until Claremont decided to the put her in the X-Men. She still had purple hair before that, though.

For her first few years she was blonde, and that'd be helpful in distinguishing the personas in a copyright case. Like PupsOfWar said, the more distinct separating features you can claim between the two, the less problem Fox would have with their coexistence. Hell, giving up the psychic knives and anything "mutant" would be half the battle right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Was the psylocke in the x-men movie Asian? Because if so they could probably go with the old British Betsy in a Captain Britain/MI13 movie to skirt that.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

No one is ever going to make a loving Captain Britain movie come on guys

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's racist.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

No one is ever going to make a loving Captain Britain movie come on guys

They could make a miniseries on Netflix!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mr. Maltose posted:

The only problem with Elba as Captain Britain is who plays Union Jack?

Michael b Jordan. Or wait, is he still gonna be Johnny Storm?

I think the real question is who is going to play Black Panther?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The nice thing about the rights being everywhere is we could have The Rock show up as at least 4 different characters and it won't be a problem

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Koalas March posted:

Michael b Jordan. Or wait, is he still gonna be Johnny Storm?

I think the real question is who is going to play Black Panther?

Johnny Depp

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ryan Reynolds hasn't played a comic book character in a while, he's probably due again.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Aphrodite posted:

Ryan Reynolds hasn't played a comic book character in a while, he's probably due again.

R.I.P.D was a comic, wasn't it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but that was like 3 months ago.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
Van Helsing Wilder was a comic, right?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Maltose posted:

The only problem with Elba as Captain Britain is who plays Union Jack?

Donald Glover. Maximize fanboy tears.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Olibu posted:

Van Helsing Wilder was a comic, right?

Van Helsing was a great loving movie. :colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Michael Jai White...Black Panther and Bronze Tiger

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

bobkatt013 posted:

Johnny Depp

I heard he's 1/58th Wakandan, that makes it totally okay!

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Speaking of Ryan Reynolds, Rob Liefeld has apparently read the script for the upcoming X-Force movie, and Cable and Deadpool are both in it.

Also, did anyone else besides me completely forget that they're making an X-Force movie?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Super Dan posted:

Speaking of Ryan Reynolds, Rob Liefeld has apparently read the script for the upcoming X-Force movie, and Cable and Deadpool are both in it.

Also, did anyone else besides me completely forget that they're making an X-Force movie?

The X-Force movie scenario is kinda weird. I remember sites reporting on it and attaching the director of Kick-rear end 2 to it, but I don't recall there being a formal announcement in Variety that it's being made or a release date announcement.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kick rear end 2 flopped pretty hard so Fox might not be in a hurry to give that guy a movie. Also I remember reading something a couple of years ago that made it seem like Rob isn't exactly the best source for movie news seeing as he likes to talk up very minor discussions/says just outright not true things.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Idris Elba is the clear frontrunner for Black Panther, like how can you not say he wouldn't be.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Idris Elba is the clear frontrunner for Black Panther, like how can you not say he wouldn't be.

He's already Heimdall though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

He can be two things, why can't he?!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So what he's all dressed up and weird eyes and poo poo. Bearded Idris Elba - Heimdall ; No beard -Black Panther.

He's clearly the only person who should play him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

X-Foce just makes sense. I mean sooner or later someone at Fox needs to realize they own pretty much as many characters and teams as Marvel Studios itself, right?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What's going on with Fantastic Four? They have a time limit right? I hope it all comes crashing down on their heads so Marvel gets FF back.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Opopanax posted:

X-Foce just makes sense. I mean sooner or later someone at Fox needs to realize they own pretty much as many characters and teams as Marvel Studios itself, right?

Ron Perlman for Cable.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hollismason posted:

What's going on with Fantastic Four? They have a time limit right? I hope it all comes crashing down on their heads so Marvel gets FF back.

They'll make a lovely cash in before they let that happen

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Hollismason posted:

Fox hired a new producer the other day to work on the whole shared universe for Fantastic Four and X-Men thing so it's still chugging along.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Hollismason posted:

I think it reverts if they haven't worked on it for 7 years. That's about the time it took for DD at least. Last FF movie was 07, so expect some hiring in the next year

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Waterhaul posted:

Fox hired a new producer the other day to work on the whole shared universe for Fantastic Four and X-Men thing so it's still chugging along.

I think they've also appointed Mark Millar as the main creative consultant, haven't they?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Metal Loaf posted:

I think they've also appointed Mark Millar as the main creative consultant, haven't they?

Yeah Millar is their comic book guy and now Simon Kinberg is their actual writer to make it work. His contract is a three year one too so they want to get it done fast.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I don't know how much work Millar is actually doing, didn't Singer say he hasn't even spoken to him yet?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Don't have high hopes for a unified universe if they have 2 or 3 x movies planned before they start on the FF. Or if Millar is in charge

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I hope Fantastic Four's rights revert back to Marvel. Not particularly because I'm craving a Fantastic Four movie, but I'd kill to see a Future Foundation one. Marvel owns the rights to Miss Thing, She-Hulk, and Medusa, right?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
As X-Force movie makes sense, and an X-Factor movie makes sense too. Don't really see why the would need X-Men crossing over with FF when there are enough X-titles that they can spin spin-offs out of.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I know we all love Idris, but what about Djimon Honsou, or Chiwetel Ejiofer? Djimon's got a certain swagger that just seems right.

And since this is relevant to my interests:
I know we're not there yet, but Nathan Stewart Jarret would be awesome as Prodigy. :swoon:

Also nthing Anna Torv as Captain Marvel. That would be kick rear end.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Koalas March posted:

I know we all love Idris, but what about Djimon Honsou, or Chiwetel Ejiofer? Djimon's got a certain swagger that just seems right.

And since this is relevant to my interests:
I know we're not there yet, but Nathan Stewart Jarret would be awesome as Prodigy. :swoon:

Also nthing Anna Torv as Captain Marvel. That would be kick rear end.

Djimon Honsou is already in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chiwetel Ejiofer would be a pretty sweet Black Panther.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

StumblyWumbly posted:

I think it reverts if they haven't worked on it for 7 years.

They don't even have to release the film, they just have to be working on it. Roger Corman infamously made a terrible FF film in the early 90s and the studio ran trailers in theatres and had the cast doing promotions and they even announced which charities they'd be raising funds for at the premiere but it later came out that they never had any intention of releasing the film.

Here's a trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcpmM-eTESI

The whole thing is on youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

If the recent development of there being an infinity gems war has basically come to fruition from thor, I guess I can still hold out hope for a civil war series and a spider island series if these people want to play long game. As badly as I think they hosed up Venom is SM3, I think the right studio taking Marvels lead on universe (not sony) could build the symbiote franchise into carnage finally being in the movies.

Old Man Pants fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Dec 8, 2013

• Locked thread