Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Red posted:

A teenager or young adult wakes up in bed - but his bed is in the forest, or rather, a clearing in the middle of the forest.

That's all I remember.

Maybe way too obvious, but American Werewolf in London?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vogelspinne
Dec 16, 2010
I was recently on a bus ride and a girl a row ahead of me was watching something (not sure if it was a TV show or a movie but I'd guess movie) and I can't for the life of me find it. No audio so I could only guess at what was actually going on.

It's primarily about dancing. The main character (I think) vaguely resembled Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet and was a dance instructor for a large cast of both male and female dancers. He might have had a young daughter he was also instructing. I think he did drugs or at least he was popping pills pretty frequently. There were a lot of close-ups on eyes and also some pretty trippy scenes/weird scene transitions. There was also a decent amount of female nudity. Based on the film quality and the actors and actresses attired I'd guess that it was made in the 80s or 90s.

Edit: vvv Thank you so much!

Vogelspinne fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 2, 2013

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_That_Jazz_%28film%29

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Ela posted:

And onto my own request..
Ages and ages ago, and we're talking probably mid-late 90's, I remember watching a movie (I'm fairly sure it was a movie or tv movie, not a tv show), involving a man who swallowed a snake while he was sleeping. He woke up and instead of being the normal/happy guy his girlfriend or wife knew, he was now evil!! And that's literally all i remember. The many times i've bought it up to someone they immediately suggest it's Doctor Who, although they can never say for certain, they just say it 'sounds Doctor Who-esque'. Google seems to just bring up real life cases of people swallowing snakes..

Poltergeist 2 has a scene where the dad drinks the worm from a tequila bottle and it makes him act evil until he throws up an awful looking thing that crawls away that horrified and scarred me as a child.

Ela
Jan 10, 2011

This has got to be it really, exact same scene i rememember, except I just remember it being a real snake, and the guy having a bit of a cleaner face (less wrinkles no offence to the actor) and shorter hair. But perhaps along the years i've created my own memory around it aha.

codyclarke posted:

Might be Young Sherlock Homes. There's a hallucinatory sequence where I sort of remember that happening, and the Doctor Who-esque comparison holds up.

Watched this one for the hell of it anyway, I see where you got the resemblance but alas, no eating of snakes.

Thanks guys.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

AzureSkys posted:

Poltergeist 2 has a scene where the dad drinks the worm from a tequila bottle and it makes him act evil until he throws up an awful looking thing that crawls away that horrified and scarred me as a child.

A favorite moment of mine: http://youtu.be/BOkP1FGYRJ4?t=2m30s

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.
Do short films count? I saw one a couple of years back on TV, I think on Adult Swim. It was stop-motion animation (I think claymation?) and focused on people in an apartment building. There was a nurse who talked to stuffed animals, an old woman who argued with her mother on the phone, and I think another woman. It was pretty dark and a bit messed up, but made for good watching. Does anyone know what film I'm talking about? Thanks in advance.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That would have been an episode from the third season of the claymation cartoon Moral Orel. Probably one of the darkest seasons of television to ever air in the U.S.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
This was from one of those gross-out 90s comedies that popped up after There's Something About Mary, but I don't remember much else. A guy has a testicle removed, but after a series of cartoony mishaps it flies around the hospital and eventually gets squished. It's also possible someone randomly bites into it thinking it's something else, but I could be confusing that with something else.

Thanks.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Tomcats

Manhatta
Jul 21, 2004

This one may be tough. It was a Shaw Brothers movie playing on a TV with no sound at a bar, so I don't really know many plot details for at least a couple reasons. I remember the main character reluctantly becoming a monk, and that in general it gave me a Jodorowsky Holy Mountain vibe. It was also really, really loving weird. Gory and just batshit insane, with supernatural craziness. Probably a '70s movie. thanks in advance

Ela
Jan 10, 2011

Manhatta posted:

This one may be tough. It was a Shaw Brothers movie playing on a TV with no sound at a bar, so I don't really know many plot details for at least a couple reasons. I remember the main character reluctantly becoming a monk, and that in general it gave me a Jodorowsky Holy Mountain vibe. It was also really, really loving weird. Gory and just batshit insane, with supernatural craziness. Probably a '70s movie. thanks in advance

Stab in the dark.. The Mad Monk? Not 70's though..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mad_Monk

Manhatta
Jul 21, 2004

Ela posted:

Stab in the dark.. The Mad Monk? Not 70's though..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mad_Monk

Nah, it wasn't that. I definitely remember it being a modern story.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Mid-1980s movie, murder mystery. The one scene I remember involved the demise of a cute parrot. The murderer realized at some point that the parrot could identify him (or just got sick of the parrot), so he grabs the bird and places it in the freezer. The parrot makes a witty remark as the door closes, but is thoroughly dead when a maid (?) opens the freezer later to reveal the icy bird corpse.

Any ideas?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I posted this before but got no takers so I'm just going to post everything I remember. This would either be a late 80s or early 90s movie. I thought it was called "The Child" but the results I find for that are way older and don't match up.

So the main character is this mother who has adopted a messed up kid. I think he couldn't talk and was seeing a therapist. Basically everyone is mean to this kid. The maid, the grandfather, neighborhood, bullies and even the family dog. All these people start dying. The maid gets nailed by a falling dumbwaiter and someone messes with the grandfather's oxygen tank. At some point the dog goes missing. It's strongly implied it's the little kid doing it. He's always watching violent TV despite the mom's attempts to block the channel.

While all this is going on, the mom is tracking down the kid's birth parents. Turns out they're both serial killers. She visits the bio-mom in prison and almost gets strangled when she gets too close.

Actually I think maybe the kid wasn't adopted and was switched at birth because I remember a scene where she visits and orphanage and talks to some workers there who are impressed that the kid with serial killer parents is so normal.

Anyway at the end she finds a bunch of creepy crayon drawings of the murders including one showing the dog buried somewhere. She checks and finds the body. The twist ending is that the therapist was the serial killer dad and he had been living in their attic the whole time.

In the end the dad is killed (maybe the kid does it to save the mom?) and they adopt the other kid from the orphanage as well. Everything is looking up until the creepy kid says or does something to imply he might have been the real killer after all.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Dr_Amazing posted:

In the end the dad is killed (maybe the kid does it to save the mom?) and they adopt the other kid from the orphanage as well. Everything is looking up until the creepy kid says or does something to imply he might have been the real killer after all.

Relative Fear perhaps? Sounds similar in overall setup

e: also known as 'The Child' in english speaking canada, so a definite possible...

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I'm trying to remember where a certain scene comes from. I know I've seen the movie several times, but can't recall it. I would have seen it probably in the early to mid 90s. The part I'm thinking of has a group gathered around a table, either a family or a couple and some of their friends. There's a turkey on the table, and one of them goes to carve it, but as soon as they start to cut it, the turkey splits in half. It was overcooked or something, and is super dry inside. I seem to recall the meat inside looking kinda of like a spiderweb as the turkey split apart.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Detective Thompson posted:

I'm trying to remember where a certain scene comes from. I know I've seen the movie several times, but can't recall it. I would have seen it probably in the early to mid 90s. The part I'm thinking of has a group gathered around a table, either a family or a couple and some of their friends. There's a turkey on the table, and one of them goes to carve it, but as soon as they start to cut it, the turkey splits in half. It was overcooked or something, and is super dry inside. I seem to recall the meat inside looking kinda of like a spiderweb as the turkey split apart.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Detective Thompson posted:

That is Christmas Vacation and shame on you for not watching it every year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ihEZMMOYmQ

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
For gently caress's sake, I watched it last year. I don't know how that got away from me. I even happened to stumble across the movie earlier on TV. I don't know, I just got dumb I guess.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

SybilVimes posted:

Relative Fear perhaps? Sounds similar in overall setup

e: also known as 'The Child' in english speaking canada, so a definite possible...

This is it! I didn't think being Canadian would make a difference. This was my first "scary movie" ever.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Just watched the old Stallone Dredd on Amazon. Did they change the scene were he busts in on the block wars?

I swear back when it first came out some one was holding a women hostage and had their rifle in front of her. So of course Dredd busts out the armor piercing rounds, shoots through the gun, through the hostage and then through the bad guy. Did it get changed? Am I thinking of another movie? Is this just a dream I had?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That kind of happens in Robocop.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I just remember him shooting through the gun.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Sounds like an element from any random scene in Tom Berenger's Sniper movies, or maybe from Shooter with Mark Wahlberg.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Looking for a movie about Canadian losers who work on a pipeline. One of them marries a stripper and gets something scratched into the back of his truck. I think the one I've seen is a sequel.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

taqueso posted:

Looking for a movie about Canadian losers who work on a pipeline. One of them marries a stripper and gets something scratched into the back of his truck. I think the one I've seen is a sequel.

Fubar

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Yes! Thank you!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:tipshat: if you like that check out Trailer Park Boys

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin
Here's a movie my sister's trying to track down. She recalls it having a '70s look, especially in some of its surreal imagery. All she remembers of the plot is that it's about a Shakespearean actor and suddenly very bizarre things start happening to him, possibly due to some people's elaborate scheme against him. It's also possible that he's going crazy.

(Edit: I thought it might be The Understudy, but that's not it.)

Thanks.

Reginaldavid fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 8, 2013

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
it's not about an actor but Fragment of Fear possibly.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I am going to poop my pants if I can't remember the name of a movie. I watched it on Netflix a few months ago (?) but it might be off of there now. It was a low-key independent drama about a young black guy who got diagnosed with some kind of cancer (I think stomach cancer). It followed him both before and after the diagnosis. I tried googling for "movie about a sad black cancer man" but that didn't help.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
There was a movie that came out fairly recently. The plot involves a married woman who meets a man online and leaves her husband. She vanishes, the guy who met her starts to mess with her husband who is still trying to find out what happened to her.

I know the movie isnt Hard Candy or Trust.

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin

Schweinhund posted:

it's not about an actor but Fragment of Fear possibly.

No, but thanks for the try. My sister's adamant about the movie being about a Shakespearean actor. I wish I could name more specific details, but she recalls the general ominous, off-putting tone better than any specific imagery.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

BooDoug187 posted:

There was a movie that came out fairly recently. The plot involves a married woman who meets a man online and leaves her husband. She vanishes, the guy who met her starts to mess with her husband who is still trying to find out what happened to her.

Couple longshots, in that the former doesn't match exactly and the latter didn't come out recently.
Tell No One
Spoorloos aka The Vanishing (which was remade in the US and also was called The Vanishing).

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

regulargonzalez posted:

Couple longshots, in that the former doesn't match exactly and the latter didn't come out recently.
Tell No One
Spoorloos aka The Vanishing (which was remade in the US and also was called The Vanishing).

No, none of those, I mean the Vanishing doesnt match anything I said about the plot.

Another thing from the trailer I remember is there is either a necklace or bracelet the husband gives his wife, then later the husband finds the internet guy wearing it. It is hinted that the wife let the man from the net maybe kill her.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

BooDoug187 posted:

No, none of those, I mean the Vanishing doesnt match anything I said about the plot.

Another thing from the trailer I remember is there is either a necklace or bracelet the husband gives his wife, then later the husband finds the internet guy wearing it. It is hinted that the wife let the man from the net maybe kill her.

Eh, guy messes with another guy whose sweetie went missing is a fair description of The Vanishing. It's just that the messing with portion comes at the very end.

cookiefulloarsenic
Oct 30, 2011

BooDoug187 posted:

Downloading Nancy?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

cookiefulloarsenic posted:

Downloading Nancy?

Thats it thanks!

regulargonzalez posted:

Eh, guy messes with another guy whose sweetie went missing is a fair description of The Vanishing. It's just that the messing with portion comes at the very end.

The Vanishing (although a awesome movie) the woman was kidnapped, the movie i was looking for the woman left willingly. So there is a bit difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

BooDoug187 posted:

Thats it thanks!

The Vanishing (although a awesome movie) the woman was kidnapped, the movie i was looking for the woman left willingly. So there is a bit difference.

Eh, reading through the thread you'll see that a huge percentage of the time the right movie doesn't match up to the description perfectly and the original poster says something like "Guess I was pretty far off on some of the details, thanks!"
I said it was a longshot, sorry I let you down.