Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Tommofork posted:

It's in breakdownc.pak. And my bad, the full path is game\libs\class3.1\rts.

e: *The full path once it's extracted is game\libs\class3.1\rts\expertise.xml

Ah okay, thanks. Wouldn't have thought to unpack that one. Which there as a way to batch unpack all those .pak files.

On another note, is there anyway to remove built in facilities? Or make it so you can destroy them? I don't like how you can't take a sledge hammer to some stuff, or improve other stuff just because it's built in. I'd rather start out with an empty house than be pigeonholed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing

Two things going on here.

-See Ed Jones wearing the skin of Santiago Escobar in my Breakdown game after moving my save from one PC to another. Eli Wilkerson is now an old guy with a fro and Jacob Ritter went blond. None of my non-hero survivors were changed.

-Why is half my crew staring longingly into the distance in this outpost

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

LeJackal posted:

:j: We've run into a snag. We need something to complete the Bunkhouse!

I admit I was like :stare: and had to double check the files to see if dildos really were there.

Karl Sharks posted:

On another note, is there anyway to remove built in facilities? Or make it so you can destroy them? I don't like how you can't take a sledge hammer to some stuff, or improve other stuff just because it's built in. I'd rather start out with an empty house than be pigeonholed.

I just tried a quick proof of concept, I have no idea if there will be any bugs or ramifications with it, but I copy & pasted the destroy action onto the built in machine shop at Snyder's and it appears to destroy just fine. I didn't have enough influence or resources to see if I actually could replace it but the option to build new stuff was there.

I was gonna go to bed but this should only take a few minutes to knock up so check back in 5-10.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Tommofork posted:

I admit I was like :stare: and had to double check the files to see if dildos really were there.

I'm glad you caught the joke. :v:

Tommofork posted:

I just tried a quick proof of concept, I have no idea if there will be any bugs or ramifications with it, but I copy & pasted the destroy action onto the built in machine shop at Snyder's and it appears to destroy just fine. I didn't have enough influence or resources to see if I actually could replace it but the option to build new stuff was there.

I was gonna go to bed but this should only take a few minutes to knock up so check back in 5-10.

When you do so, will you post the method so I can add it to my densely modified facilities.xml? Thanks.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Kasonic posted:

I've noticed that as well, immediately when I set up an outpost there one of my guys just jogged over to stand there doing nothing.

Tommofork posted:

Awesome, I have enough stuff to test it out and I'll let you know how it goes.

Is it just me, or does the scavenger mod posted originally not let you send more than one scavenger to a place? I may have put it in the wrong place, but it certainly recharges quicker.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

LeJackal posted:

I found well - not their Health per se, but a way to alter their effective health. Do you know how to mod this, or should I make a file for you?

I haven't spent time learning the ropes yet, when it comes to modding (edit: to clarify, I don't know off the top of my head how I'm supposed to unpack and pack stuff). I'll be diving into it soon, but in the meantime if it's easy and you have time to make a weaker Juggernaut file, I'd be pleased as punch. :)

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 7, 2013

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

LeJackal posted:

I'm glad you caught the joke. :v:

When you do so, will you post the method so I can add it to my densely modified facilities.xml? Thanks.

It's taking longer than I thought, because I'm trying to be cautious about missing one/stuffing it up.

Look at a variants of the facility, find one that has an action called destroy, copy & paste that action to the variants which do not have a destroy action. Some of them have an "no upgrade" action which you should be able to paste over the top of.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Trustworthy posted:

I haven't spent time learning the ropes yet, when it comes to modding (edit: to clarify, I don't know off the top of my head how I'm supposed to unpack and pack stuff). I'll be diving into it soon, but in the meantime if it's easy and you have time to make a weaker Juggernaut file, I'd be pleased as punch. :)

No problem. The file is right here.

You might need to make some file folders in your steam directory, but drop it in like this.

This will make Juggernauts drop in about a few slashes. I don't think gun damage is affected.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Ok, first pass at being able to destroy built in facilities.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgsdu2ab1wgjvme/DestroyableBuiltin.zip

Extract to your Steam\State of Decay directory.

I believe there's at least one error as the built in bunkhouse in Snyders just vanished without me having to destroy it. Lemme know if there's more!

e: Yup, screwed some pooch indeed. At Snyder's the built in storage isn't being fixed up, it's in perpetual disarray and the bunkhouse has turned into a empty slot. At least the machine shop (the useful one) can be removed! :v:

I'll have another crack at it after a good rest.

2nd e: fixed version at https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfle687i9k4mfs1/DestroyableBuiltInFixed.zip

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 11, 2013

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Kasonic posted:

I noticed that healthy survivors without a job now run into outposts, at least they did that for me too at snyders. I made an outpost later on the far east part of Marshall with an ammo storage, I usually have 3 people standing there who run from there on supply runs instead of the base so that's okay in my book!

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Haha awesome. Death From Above artillery strike counts as one of the things you can use to take a crowd of zombies out with you while dying.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

^^^
Amazing! :allears:

So I am a filthy liar as I took another look at it before slinking off and it turns out that I am just bad at copy & paste.

Here's a fixed version which seems to work pretty well for Snyder's. Note that if you put a workshop in where the bunkhouse used to be you may see things poking through walls.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfle687i9k4mfs1/DestroyableBuiltInFixed.zip

Let me know if there's any sites/facilities that can't be destroyed. Note that I haven't included watch towers as they take a slightly different approach. I might just add the upgraded watch tower actions to the built in ones that can't otherwise be upgraded because :effort:

Install by unzipping into your Steam\State of Decay folder. To uninstall just delete the files.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I really wish there was some way to assign specific survivors to guard duty. I just died right outside my base because I was frantically running home after a supply run and the guy on sniper duty was armed with a sawn-off double-barrelled shotgun. I don't think he managed to kill a single zombie.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Tommofork posted:

^^^
Amazing! :allears:

So I am a filthy liar as I took another look at it before slinking off and it turns out that I am just bad at copy & paste.

Here's a fixed version which seems to work pretty well for Snyder's. Note that if you put a workshop in where the bunkhouse used to be you may see things poking through walls.

Install by unzipping into your Steam\State of Decay folder. To uninstall just delete the files.

I went ahead and took a look at the Watchtower -> Shooting Platform issue. I'm testing at Savini, as they have a built in.

code:
<Action ActionFlags="DelayOutputs" ActionId="NoUpgrade" ActionType="Action.Upgrade" ExecuteTimeStandard="0.0" OutputDelayTime="0" PauseWhenOffline="" WantDelay="4h" WantDelayEnd="15m" WantDelayStart="2m" WantOdds="0" WantScene="activity_NewOpp_Want">
              <DescriptionText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Built-in facilities can never be upgraded. You get what you get." />
              <RTSActionIcon Name="Upgrade" Id="18" />
              <NameText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Upgrade" />
              <Actors />
              <Alts />
              <Effects />
              <Inputs>
                <CheckBool InputFlags="Required" InputId="Game.RTS.AlwaysFalse" Invert="">
                  <ErrorText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Impossible." />
                </CheckBool>
              </Inputs>
              <Outputs />
              <Wants />
            </Action>
This is the 'no upgrading Watchtowers!" block. Below is the watchtower upgrade block.

code:
<Action ActionFlags="DelayOutputs" ActionId="Upgrade" ActionType="Action.Upgrade" ExecuteTimeStandard="0.0" OutputDelayTime="1h" PauseWhenOffline="" WantDelay="4h" WantDelayEnd="15m" WantDelayStart="2m" WantOdds="100" WantScene="activity_NewOpp_Want_Upgrade">
              <DescriptionText Flags="" Notes="" Text="We could make something a little less rickety. REQUIRES WORKSHOP." />
              <RTSActionIcon Name="Upgrade" Id="18" />
              <NameText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Upgrade to Shooting Platform" />
              <Actors>
                <Character ActorFlags="" ActorName="" ActorTask="Task.UpgradeWatchtower" ActorTraits="!Trait.Status.Tired, !Trait.Meta.Busy" FunctionTags="Home" HideWarnings="True" Optional="" TargetEnclave="" />
                <Character ActorFlags="" ActorName="" ActorTask="Task.UpgradeWatchtower" ActorTraits="!Trait.Status.Tired, !Trait.Meta.Busy" FunctionTags="Home" HideWarnings="True" Optional="" TargetEnclave="" />
              </Actors>
              <Alts />
              <Effects>
                <Effect>
                  <DescriptionText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Having someone up here should help keep the zeds at bay." />
                  <ActionIcon>
                    <RTSActionIcon Name="Fort" Id="38" />
                  </ActionIcon>
                  <NameText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Lookout" />
                </Effect>
                <Effect>
                  <DescriptionText Flags="" Notes="" Text="We've been actively sniping zombies, giving us a larger safe area around our home." />
                  <ActionIcon>
                    <RTSActionIcon Name="Rifle Training" Id="25" />
                  </ActionIcon>
                  <NameText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Sniping Zombies" />
                </Effect>
                <Effect>
                  <DescriptionText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Raises shooting skill for the whole community." />
                  <ActionIcon>
                    <RTSActionIcon Name="Pistol Training" Id="24" />
                  </ActionIcon>
                  <NameText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Shooting Practice" />
                </Effect>
              </Effects>
              <Inputs>
                <Input InputAmount="2" InputFlags="" InputId="Capacity.Labor" />
                <Spend InputAmount="25" InputFlags="Required" InputId="Stockpile.Materials" />
                <Spend InputAmount="25" InputFlags="Required" InputId="Family.Influence" />
                <Facility_CheckBuilt Invert="" Type="Facility.Workshop" Variant="">
                  <ErrorText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Need a Workshop!" />
                </Facility_CheckBuilt>
              </Inputs>
              <Outputs>
                <Actor_EvolveTraits ActorIndex="0" Event="TIRED" EventLogOutput="General" />
                <Actor_EvolveTraits ActorIndex="1" Event="TIRED" EventLogOutput="General" />
                <Scene_ScenePlay Scene="Construction_Complete" SceneReason="Chatter" />
                <ChangeState ActorIndex="" State="Double" />
                <EventLog DisplayType="None" EventFlags="General" Icon="Upgrade" IconId="18">
                  <NameText Flags="" Notes="" Text="UPGRADED: Shooting Platform" />
                  <TutorialText Flags="" Notes="" Text="" />
                  <DescArgs />
                  <Descriptions>
                    <EventLogDesc>
                      <DescriptionText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Something to protect our perimeter. Having a watchtower increases the safe area around our home." />
                      <SummaryText Flags="" Notes="" Text="A must have." />
                    </EventLogDesc>
                  </Descriptions>
                  <NpcEffects>
                    <EventEffect Icon="38 Fort" Type="FacilityBonus" Value="-1" IconId="38">
                      <DescriptionText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Having someone up here should help keep the zeds at bay." />
                      <NameText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Lookout" />
                    </EventEffect>
                    <EventEffect Icon="21 Assault Training" Type="FacilityBonus" Value="-1" IconId="21">
                      <DescriptionText Flags="" Notes="" Text="We've been actively sniping zombies, giving us a larger safe area around our home." />
                      <NameText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Sniping Zombies" />
                    </EventEffect>
                    <EventEffect Icon="24 Pistol Training" Type="FacilityBonus" Value="-1" IconId="24">
                      <DescriptionText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Raises shooting skill for the whole community." />
                      <NameText Flags="" Notes="" Text="Shooting Practice" />
                    </EventEffect>
                  </NpcEffects>
                </EventLog>
                <ExecuteAction ActionId="CountWatchtower" />
                <EventTrigger Event="SandboxEvent_SandboxReward_Facility" />
                <ExecuteAction ActionId="RewardAdvice" />
              </Outputs>
              <Wants>
                <WantList WantList="Need.HeavyConstruction" />
                <WantList WantList="Need.Defenses" />
              </Wants>
            </Action>
Replacing the former with the latter gives me the option to upgrade (assuming I have a workshop.)

Inserting the Destroy block from other sections successfully eliminates the watchtower, but in the slot Watchtowers are the only option.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

LeJackal posted:

No problem. The file is right here.

You might need to make some file folders in your steam directory, but drop it in like this.

This will make Juggernauts drop in about a few slashes. I don't think gun damage is affected.

Thanks a bunch! I'll try it out tonight.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Trustworthy posted:

Thanks a bunch! I'll try it out tonight.

No problem! Let me know if there is anything else you'd like. I'm more than willing to do some basic number tweaking and modifications for people if you ask nicely. :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FrickenMoron posted:

I'd focus on story missions at the start to be honest.

So that's stuff along the lines of,"<Character> would like me to do <x>, I should do <x> because it will improve <y>"?

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
So does anyone have a problem with zombies clipping through walls?

Cuz I sure don't :smug:

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I've discovered that when you're using a survey point and your character says something like, "That looks interesting, I should check that out." that's not just a random sound clip. You really should try and remember what building they're talking about and go search it, because it'll have some nice stuff in it. I found LMG's, maces, grenades, and all sorts of goodies doing this last night.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

bitcoin bastard posted:

I don't have time today, but I want to play around with the scavenger code to see if I can get it to let you send more than one scavenger to the same building at the same time. Combined with a removed scavenger cooldown (which already works fine), you could just send X scavengers to a building at the same time to clean it out.

E: And what I _really_ want to mess around with, but probably won't work, would be replacing the 'scavenge this building' option with individual 'scavenge X resource from this building' entries. That way you don't have to collect 3 foods along with the 1 fuel you actually wanted.

You might have found it already, but in radiooptions.xml there's an if clause that can handle this. Check under the call scavengers section at the top of the XML file. You'll at least need to comment out the part of the code for it that disables sending another one if you already have a scavenger there or inbound.

Atmus posted:

Haha awesome. Death From Above artillery strike counts as one of the things you can use to take a crowd of zombies out with you while dying.

There's a variable on almost all items called something like BlazeofGlory. For items set to zero you can't pop it when dying. I'm assuming with it set to 1 you can. Makes me wonder what sort of stuff you could have go off when a PC or NPC dies.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Feeble posted:

Also a word of advise, you should really give any characters that have the powerhouse trait like Marcus a heavy weapons specialization. IIRC powerhouse reduces the stamina cost of using heavy weapons and lets them swing faster (I think? going off of memory). The point is they get more benefits. Although since powerhouse does increase the chance of a killing blow on hit maybe that'll stack with bladed weapons bonus to decapitation and turn him into a one hit kill machine...?

Also, got the fighter hero last night for killing 5 ferals and she's awesome. She starts out fully leveled in fighting and cardio so I can get marathon right away and she comes with fitness guru and powerhouse. She's basically an asskicking machine right from the get-go.

I think Powerhouse + Edged does stack. I got The Fighter and specialized her in Edged, and almost every hit is a 1 shot kill. Mighty blows are when the screen shakes and time slows a bit, but with decapitations that doesn't happen.

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.
Anybody else burning out quickly with this? I'm enjoying it, but the gameplay gets repetitive fast. I wish there was more to setting up outposts and scavenging; maybe having to staff them with survivors, site barricades and defenses, multiple bases across the map...?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

more friedman units posted:

Anybody else burning out quickly with this? I'm enjoying it, but the gameplay gets repetitive fast. I wish there was more to setting up outposts and scavenging; maybe having to staff them with survivors, site barricades and defenses, multiple bases across the map...?

I think the story, although it was pretty shallow and thin, did help to keep a feeling of progress in the game. Breakdown is nice, but I think it comes down to the same issue the game has always had - you've got some great ideas and mechanics here: it just needs to be deeper, bigger and have more content.

I don't play PC games, but Project Zomboid and Dead State are looking appealing. Although, considering the budget and resources they had for State of Decay, it's pretty impressive.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah if anything SOD has me excited for the potential Project Zomboid has when they finally flesh out the NPC mechanics and the sparse map.

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.
More story missions would definitely have helped. The random missions get irritating, it seems like every minute or so I have to go rescue one of my band of idiots or talk Ed down from being afraid.

In fact, what about being able to assign scavenger squads rather than sending out lone runners to get ambushed and go missing?

Edit: Building fences and barricades to slowly secure parts of a city, modifying cars and trucks into mobile deathwagons with armor and weapons, more unique locations, add unique weapons, wearable armor...

more friedman units fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 8, 2013

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Archonex posted:

There's a variable on almost all items called something like BlazeofGlory. For items set to zero you can't pop it when dying. I'm assuming with it set to 1 you can. Makes me wonder what sort of stuff you could have go off when a PC or NPC dies.

Mod in a thing for the machineguns that make the guy do a breakdance spin while firing off the whole magazine.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Use a molotov to ignite your remaining ammo supplies for a lethal fireworks show :black101:

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

So how far have people gotten on Breakdown? I am watching a friend who is on difficulty 11 now and it looks like he could keep going forever.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I would think that with the right group of cary-overs, the right equipment, and the right plan for getting your favorite base up and running, you could keep going forever. Some of the bases with big enough outpost coverage seem to prevent your guys from ever trying to hunt freaks down, or get into other such trouble, and if you keep playing long enough without letting it go into simulation mode, you can keep all your resources topped up super easy.

Snyder is real easy to blank out that section of town from, and you can do the same from the Fairgrounds too. The north town's freak spawning area is too big though, and I haven't tried the Alamo, Farm, or Ranger Station.

After that, you just scoop up Enclaves until you have enough dudes defending your base and you are set. Wish Lily would tell them to all pile into whatever car is parked outside and drive themselves to our base though. Lazy shits.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The thing I really hate though with the huge bases is that even with snyder etc you never feel like really defending it. That one piddly watchtower usually doesnt even cover the north entrance! The only place I've really seen survivors defend a lot is the savini residence and the church, they climb on all those tables and shoot the zombies.

Breakdown feels like a "lazy" dlc. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot more fun to play than story mode, but they didnt really add anything to the game. No new zombie types, no new voicework except a very few lines from Lilly (Or were those cut from the original?), no new base locations. Why cant we setup the courthouse or something like that? Or fortify that huge warehouse near the Grange into a base.

Has anyone actually ever used the farm in the middle of the map as a base? It looks like a real chore to gather resources from.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

FrickenMoron posted:

Has anyone actually ever used the farm in the middle of the map as a base? It looks like a real chore to gather resources from.

I've used it before. It's got panache; a really nice feel and a nice layout. Although you're right, the distance thing gets to be a pain in the rear end.

Pretty soon after adopting the farmhouse as base I inevitably find myself driving hatchbacks across cornfields which isn't very immersive.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Yeah I was a little bit shocked that Breakdown didn't include new home bases. That's a really easy way to introduce a ton of variety into how people plan their games, with different built-in facilities, special defenses, etc. I had always assumed that the RV-locations would've been locations you could fortify around the RV and run a normal-sized base.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

:haw: - "gently caress Snyders, I'm getting out of here!"

Man people really don't like to sit around in base eh? They're all running off to outposts.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Phone posting here but in one of the breakdown preview streams they mentioned that home sites are a massive amount of work and that they were also limited by the xbox hardware.

Breakdown does exactly what they said it would. They didn't promise new sites or new freaks.

Also I'm on breakdown 6 still. I spend too much time tinkering with modding stuff to make forward progress. :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RIP Maya, in one crazy night you got stuck between 2 hordes and survived. You walked into a scavenger's gently caress-up and found yourself surrounded with a broken melee weapon and somehow survived that too. You saved the scavenger's life and got him back home, taking out another couple hordes on the way with your car... only to realize you were supposed to go back to HIS home first. You died fighting off a zombie invasion of his home while he stood around uselessly, because I forgot to grab you some more painkillers and snacks while we were back at the Church.

That sonofabitch scavenger was just casually sitting around his house when I sent Finn to pick up your gear as well :argh:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

FrickenMoron posted:

The thing I really hate though with the huge bases is that even with snyder etc you never feel like really defending it. That one piddly watchtower usually doesnt even cover the north entrance! The only place I've really seen survivors defend a lot is the savini residence and the church, they climb on all those tables and shoot the zombies.

Breakdown feels like a "lazy" dlc. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot more fun to play than story mode, but they didnt really add anything to the game. No new zombie types, no new voicework except a very few lines from Lilly (Or were those cut from the original?), no new base locations. Why cant we setup the courthouse or something like that? Or fortify that huge warehouse near the Grange into a base.

The real problem is that the AI for defending the bases is wonky as hell. I think this is because the current way it's coded makes it hard for the AI to differentiate between the various defensive actions it has until you get enough people to have someone in the base always doing certain tasks.

It really needs someone to mod it in so that they'll properly defend them all the time. I've noticed that places like the farm should have active defenders shooting, but they often don't. Likewise, after you get to a certain number of people places like the Alamo start getting more people firing guns. Meanwhile half the base is inside doing random activities. The only reason I can come up for this happening is that the order of priority for the various HQ activities is a bit off.

I'm pretty sure that Snyder's is just buggy as hell too. Something about the placement of activity points in the base is hosed up. That's why the NPC's keep running out to outposts and disappearing until you reload. When it's working they should be hanging out in the interior, working on building plots, or up on the various parts of the loading dock defending with guns, which they sometimes do if you have enough people to offset the ones lost from them running off.

I really don't want to get into a big modding project this week, but if I have some time after that point I may consider fixing up the way the AI interacts with the HQ. It'd really improve the game.

Edit: Hordes also usually just have one route to attack bases as well, and it's on the same path that the watchtower is. If hordes hit the side entrances of Snyder's more often that place would have a really great trade off for all the building slots.

Anyone who's seen the military base at the Fairgrounds also knows how dangerous that place would be if zombies attacked from there more often too.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 8, 2013

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
So far every time I progressed further in Breakdown I start at the gas station near the church. Is this common or should the starting location actually be randomized?

Edit: Also gently caress missions spawning at the ranger station!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

It should be random. I seem to get close to the fairgrounds a lot though.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Tommofork posted:

It should be random. I seem to get close to the fairgrounds a lot though.

Don't want to find your post where you said it, but how do you comment out code for this? I've only had C++ and Java, and the // doesn't seem to do anything, at least font color wise. I would expect it to turn green (using notepad++).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I don't think I have mentioned that but commenting stuff out in XML is <!-- commented out stuff -->

e: I'm not sure where the spawn points are or how to remove some of them, I think I've come across it but I can't recall where.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 8, 2013

• Locked thread