Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

The graph showing the gold difference over time is excellent. I hope Riot uses it for the next LCS. Wellplayed have a pretty slick production overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Jerkface posted:

Doesn't the limit work exactly like the sightstones? You can play a 4th ward, it just removes your oldest ward placed.

This is exactly how it works and you can tell who never buys wards in this thread :laugh:

I can't come up with a reason to attack two wards down to 1 HP. It doesn't limit the enemy team in any way.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

This game is duuuuuuuuuumb.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

They should reschedule, games with this amount of lag shouldn't be determining who gets a shot of getting into LCS.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Redo all of today's games because the lag is godawful.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Dat vVV juke was insane.

And yeah, given the lag problems this game is having, leaving the wards were probably unintended (though my supposition was still expecting the 'last ward expires' model).

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Honestly it seems like more and more of challenger scene games are completely ruined by network connectivity. I'm not sure if people are getting DDoS'd, playing from lovely computers/connections, or the servers are terrible. Some combination of all three is likely. No combination of any of those three should be possible. It's hard to even watch this given the current conditions.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

This one is on Riot

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I feel bad for quantic's earlier games, the casters kept speculating that it was where quantic was playing from, now it's apparent that that wasn't the case.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Are they really vying for an LCS spot?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
If things keep going this way, I don't see any NA LCS teams losing their spot in relegation.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

If things keep going this way, I don't see any NA LCS teams losing their spot in relegation.

Latency will be much lower on LAN.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
COG 3-1
TWZ 2-1
TBD 2-1
vVv 1-2
coL 1-3
Qua 2-3

Tomorrow:
vVv - TBD
coL - TWZ
vVv - TWZ
TBD - COG

Quantic needs TWZ to lose twice and TBD to beat vVv to have a chance at a tiebreaker? Am I doing that math right?
If:
vVv - TBD
coL - TWZ
vVv - TWZ
TBD - COG = irrelevant?

COG 3-1
TBD 3-1
TWZ 2-3
vVv 2-3
coL 2-3
Qua 2-3

And there would have to be some sort of tiebreaker, right?

Edit:
vVv - TBD
coL - TWZ
vVv - TWZ
TBD - COG

Would also cause a pileup:
COG 4-1
vVv 3-2
TWZ 2-3
TBD 2-3
coL 2-3
Qua 2-3

Edit 2:
Maybe?
vVv - TBD
coL - TWZ
vVv - TWZ
TBD - COG

COG 4-1
TWZ 4-1
TBD 2-3
vVv 2-3
Qua 2-3
coL 1-4

curiousCat fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 8, 2013

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Does anyone know how they resolve ties after groups finish? If they use head to head record, neither of those situations actually works for Quantic, since they wouldn't win out on breakers. If they do a playoff tournament it might work out.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
e - VVVV Just read that link.

I really want to see coL make it in though, if only for the hilarity of a team in relegation that only has three actual players.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 8, 2013

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Better source of outcomes

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Zahki posted:

They should reschedule, games with this amount of lag shouldn't be determining who gets a shot of getting into LCS.

Who ended up in the final 6 slots for EU was in no small part decided by teams getting DDoS:d.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Wow Studio way to steal my thunder.

Thanks for posting that.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
Going through OGN vods, and goddamn was that Blaze vs SKT K game 2 crazy. O_O

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

So TBD took the first game, which means if TWZ wins either of the next two games, they qualify.

Otherwise, four way tie for third. :getin:

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

curiousCat posted:

So TBD took the first game, which means if TWZ wins either of the next two games, they qualify.

I expect TWZ to get a win, but I'd really like to see a 4-way tie just so that Quantic have another chance. Having all the hard work they put in this season erased by one bad judgment call is pretty insane.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

curiousCat posted:

I reallllly like TWZ, though I know they are unlikely to make it in. If only Quas stuck around...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
So TWZ is basically the GGLA team that flopped in NACL? But they are doing really well in this competition. I really would not have predicted the outcome of this thing given the pool of teams that entered.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Libertine posted:

So TWZ is basically the GGLA team that flopped in NACL? But they are doing really well in this competition. I really would not have predicted the outcome of this thing given the pool of teams that entered.

TWZ had some roster shakeups which have worked themselves out -- before they didn't have a hugely consistent roster. They lost Quas, but gained the formerly of C9 top laner Yazuki, who just keeps getting better. Bischu could hang with the challenger KR players and spent a decent chunk of time training there. IMO both those players are going to peak really, really high, and are starting to show their potential. Given that the other members (minus Kez, though he's seemed solid) are perennial almost-there-but-not-quite fixtures in challenger/LCS, I can see why they're killing it!

So glad they're coming together, they would absolutely be my #1 choice to get into the LCS out of all the teams.

e: for that matter, Nydus has really stepped it up actually.

wait, by winning a ga,e they eliminated themselves? why does it say eliminated, not qualified?

semicolonsrock fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 9, 2013

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Of all of the VES guys to make it back into the LCS qualifiers this split after the disband, the only one more surprising than Cris would be like, Evaniskus. I'm amazed Cog might take first seed in this.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Power of Pecota posted:

Of all of the VES guys to make it back into the LCS qualifiers this split after the disband, the only one more surprising than Cris would be like, Evaniskus. I'm amazed Cog might take first seed in this.

Really disagree -- I feel like Cris was consistently the most solid player, or at least 2nd after frommaplestreet. It's a little hard to see obviously, given how poo poo the team as a whole was, but he seemed to always do pretty well.

e: without prolly and laute CoL is dead to me

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
RIP coL and Quantic. :(

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

vVv took Diana, Wukong and Teemo because they know it's over.

Wow, though. COGnitive, TWZ, and TBD was not what I expected.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

Goddammit, not another one of these. You'd think people would have learned by now.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
We get to see all their favorite champions, that's gonna be fun -- can't wait to see Bischu's Nidalee, so much love

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Homura posted:

I thought Prolly's issue was that he didn't think the team was taking practice seriously and stuff? If anything, Chaox was the complete opposite since the final straw was a night spent partying before a matchday at MLG.

This is from a few pages ago but what Lautemortis is definitely not supporting that story.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

semicolonsrock posted:

Really disagree -- I feel like Cris was consistently the most solid player, or at least 2nd after frommaplestreet. It's a little hard to see obviously, given how poo poo the team as a whole was, but he seemed to always do pretty well.

e: without prolly and laute CoL is dead to me

I felt like it was NK who was solid, but Cris wasn't too much of a liability like Evan was. Cris wasn't terrible though, and if he communicates with Cog then he'll probably be a better impact then on VES

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

god i really hope SUPA HOT CREW XD both makes it to the LCS and never, ever alters their name. It's just, so, like, "12 year old's first CoD clan" and i love it. The XD makes it for me.

Edit: Also they're legit a good team to watch and they seem to have potential, but mostly it's the name.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

If the EU sets go Challenger 1 vs LCS 8, Challenger 2 vs LCS 7, Challenger 3 vs. LCS 6, then I think it will be:

Copenhagen Wolves v. MYM
Supa Hot Crew vs. SK Gaming
and
KMT vs. NiP

MYM and KMT are both full Polish teams but I have a feeling they are both going to be eliminated. I actually really enjoyed watching MYM last season but they haven't really done much impressive lately.

SK Gaming poached two guys from Supa Hot Crew, and they will likely play each other. Mimer joined SHC and he was on NiP.

In general a ton of players have shuffled between what is now the roster of CW/SHC/SK/NIP. I think they will all know quite a bit about each other if they get matched up head-to-head.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
For those of you interested in the Complexity debacle MeyeA is doing a thing on Reddit and put out a post about the deal with Prolly.

From Brunch's comments in that same thread seems his departure was partially catalysed by that too.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The replies are hilarious, some of these are like short fan fictions.

Lightglobe
Oct 15, 2005
These should both be pointed out from that as well:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1sf6js/i_am_a_meyea_ama/cdx3lha?context=3
&
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1sf11c/in_regards_to_complexitys_roster_change/cdx0mtv?context=3

This is entertaining but nothing good is going to come out of all this.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I didn't get to watch any of the NA promotional matches. Was Quantic's internet connection really the reason they lost?

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

True, but we've already heard Prolly's side in the Ongamers interview - his comments here are basically in the same vein.

The Complexity side had been lacking till now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
QTpie comments on the current state of the challenged NA scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIgp3AwLRfc

• Locked thread