Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

RCarr posted:

Is there somewhere you can just buy a giant tub of assorted Lego's?

Yeah, ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Jet Ready Go posted:

What's that? Like two medium boxes nowadays?

It's 1000 Legos + a carrier + 6 blind bag mini figs

Not kits.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12717604&cp=&parentPage=search

This is what we got

omnibobb has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Dec 5, 2013

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Bud posted:

Your 1st Brooks? If so, get ready for PAIN!

Then pleasure every ride thereafter.

It is, but in the 45 miles or so I've put in so far it's already more comfortable than the crap I had previously. Can't wait to break it in more, well worth the money.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Red posted:

I had a 2009 Rabbit, which was pretty totaled when I was hit by someone who fled the scene. Although the Rabbit (and most newer cars) was mostly fiberglass, and I was hit by an all-metal early 80s Buick, I walked away with just a few scrapes, and am pretty much a VW fan for life.

The '09 had a center console that gave you an armrest, and had air vents in the back for people sitting in the back - they took this away for the 2010 (re-named) Golf, and though I still love the car, I found this really irritating.

My only real gripe about the Golf, really, is the price of maintenance and parts, but that's all new cars, so...

The 2013 doesn't really have a real armrest. It's there but pretty far back behind you. However it seems they brought back the vents for the back seat.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I got my Dark Shadows box set today. I didn't realize how big it was:

:stonk:

The drat thing weighs about 12 pounds! Cat not included.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Thirty+ dollars worth of loose leaf tea samples and accoutrements from adagio.com for twenty five dollars. The site gives first-time buyers an instant five dollar coupon, has free shipping over twenty five, and throws in a free sample if you share them on Facebook. I cannot wait for this package to arrive.

lady flash
Dec 26, 2007
keeper of the speed force

omnibobb posted:

It's 1000 Legos + a carrier + 6 blind bag mini figs

Not kits.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12717604&cp=&parentPage=search

This is what we got

Thanks for this, Buy one get one 50% off can't be beat.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

Thirty+ dollars worth of loose leaf tea samples and accoutrements from adagio.com for twenty five dollars. The site gives first-time buyers an instant five dollar coupon, has free shipping over twenty five, and throws in a free sample if you share them on Facebook. I cannot wait for this package to arrive.

You have chosen wisely, adagio has good poo poo.

Sparkle Biscuit
Jul 21, 2004

Honestly, I was just hitting any note.
I guess now that the flight and lodging arrangements have been made, I'm officially going to

for Christmas vacation. My wife and I did the whole JET program thing a while back and it'll be good to visit again before settling down into Real Adult Life.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Second monitor. Never going back, this owns so hard

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

TheBigAristotle posted:

Second monitor. Never going back, this owns so hard

Brand? This is sexy looking in a squared-off, no-frills kinda way.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

mad.radhu posted:

You have chosen wisely, adagio has good poo poo.

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched. Do you have any particular recommendations? I'm sure I'll be giving them more business in the future.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Wanted a pair of good but lightweight binoculars. These are excellent.

charsiu
Mar 10, 2012

First foray into whisky.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

charsiu posted:

First foray into whisky.

Decent choice. Like peanut butter and jelly? Try Heaven Hill Larceny next. Not a PB&J fan? Makers Mark is a solid introduction to wheated bourbons.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Hurray new bike stuff club!

That's some choice gear. I've gone months and months without a single flat on my gatorskins, and gotten a couple thousand miles from a pair. Definitely worth the price. Some people complain about weight or performance, but obviously they aren't for racing.

Never owned a brook saddle, but I hear they are the bomb.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Slim Killington posted:

Brand? This is sexy looking in a squared-off, no-frills kinda way.

Acer, got it on Newegg for 129 and free shipping. 23", HDMI out, I'm pleased

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

amenenema posted:

Decent choice. Like peanut butter and jelly? Try Heaven Hill Larceny next. Not a PB&J fan? Makers Mark is a solid introduction to wheated bourbons.

I'm a big fan of Maker's, but Buffalo Trace is my new favorite. Also, Crown Royal is still my favorite Canadian (I like the sweetness), but I'm always looking for suggestions (but not scotch).

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

1redflag posted:

I'm a big fan of Maker's, but Buffalo Trace is my new favorite. Also, Crown Royal is still my favorite Canadian (I like the sweetness), but I'm always looking for suggestions (but not scotch).

I'm really digging Four Roses Single Barrel. Huge flavors of maple syrup in a not disgusting way.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

charsiu posted:

First foray into whisky.

I'll chime in too then as this is my first ever full bottle purchase after some samples.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I bought a Mi Casa Verde home automation controller from an overstock type store, and was super excited about it until I realized it was still attached to someone else's account so I can't do much with it. Taking it back today and using my refund to buy a Fatboy giant beanbag for my game room instead.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Vier posted:

Two of these to help decorate my new flat :)

I don't know if you've ever owned white furniture before, but my Italian aunt bought a $3000 set that wasn't supposed to pick up dirt or stains and less than a month later it was already visibly stained. Don't wear "raw denium" on that, read a newspaper, or even touch it without washing your hands first. The oil from them will eventually stain the armrests, and any vibrant fabric has the possibility of staining. Honestly, I think Rick James did Eddie Murphy a favour when he "gently caress yo couch". Also invest in a few cans of purpose made Scotchguard.

Back on track, I didn't know this had turned into the Roting 600 thread, I picked up one of each (in .5) a few months ago.

And yesterday I picked up one of these.

I think I'm set for a"treating myself" until after Christmas.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched. Do you have any particular recommendations? I'm sure I'll be giving them more business in the future.

The ratings system on the site works pretty well, the highest rated teas in each category are that way for a reason. the earl grey bravo is awesome, whichever chai is rated the highest is fantastic... there's some green teas they no longer carry (or maybe they're just out of stock) that were really amazing too. Buy all the tea.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Picked up a couple more pieces of "art" today, $2 for the pair. Got a couple large, empty walls that are going to be covered in whatever cheap paintings I can find.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

New internet for my flat with an installation date of the 2nd of jan :(

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Since it's on topic, I bought a bottle of this a few days ago:

I started drinking Bulleit for the dumbest reason: heard it a bottle of it was on my all-time favorite TV show (Deadwood) and went out and bought some. Turns out it's a really nice bourbon.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Pron on VHS posted:

I started drinking Bulleit for the dumbest reason: heard it a bottle of it was on my all-time favorite TV show (Deadwood) and went out and bought some. Turns out it's a really nice bourbon.

That's a fine reason. I've always wanted to try Bulleit just because the bottle is so freaking cool.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

About white furniture: just do what my grandmother did, cover it with plastic and put in the room no one uses.

I went to Art Basel Miami and rubbed elbows the super rich and probably woot_fatigue.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Pron on VHS posted:

This is my favorite Bourbon, it is so good. And it's cheap. I didn't realise it was on Deadwood. That's even better.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Frankston posted:

That's a fine reason. I've always wanted to try Bulleit just because the bottle is so freaking cool.

Plus it has a cork, so it makes you look classy and cool~

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Pron on VHS posted:

Bulleit Rye is my go-to. Very awesome for the price.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Made out pretty good preparing for my first snowboarding trip:

Quiksilver Travis Rice Aspect, $90. Hope I don't get too hot, but the price was right!

Dakine Titan

Random REI returns rack goggles for $10

Marmot Zeus Down Jacket, $56, also from the REI returns rack. Return reason was "not warm enough", now 75% off. Last year I got a similar deal on a wool jacket because it was "too large".

Stance Artist Series Fos Diamond socks with weird faces on em

Homeschool Art Hag base layer, 60% off

Spent about $300, was expecting it to be a lot more expensive. Good day!

Trillest Parrot has a new favorite as of 16:30 on Dec 8, 2013

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Trillest Parrot posted:

Marmot Zeus Down Jacket, $56, also from the REI returns rack. Return reason was "not warm enough", now 75% off. Last year I got a similar deal on a wool jacket because it was "too large".
REI garage sale? We have one on the 28th. Hoping I can get some Arc'teryx for not an arm and a leg.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

Josh Lyman posted:

REI garage sale? We have one on the 28th. Hoping I can get some Arc'teryx for not an arm and a leg.
The Seattle store has a returns rack in the basement, that's where I got the down jacket.

Oderlan
Mar 30, 2004

Ikea is having a sell on their Besta products and I needed a tv stand. So I cobbled one together

Besta Shelf unit
Besta Shelf unit
Besta Legs - Round brushed
Besta Tofta Door - Bamboo pattern - This is actually closer to black than brown
Besta Tombo Glass Door
Besta Top panel - black

And combined sorry about the crap camera quality

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

colas posted:

I went to Art Basel Miami and rubbed elbows the super rich and probably woot_fatigue.

No Art Basel for me this year. I'm in a panic getting this furniture store ready to open:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Trillest Parrot posted:

The Seattle store has a returns rack in the basement, that's where I got the down jacket.
Son of a bitch. I want a down belay jacket for $60 :(

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

woot fatigue posted:

No Art Basel for me this year. I'm in a panic getting this furniture store ready to open:

What do they sell? Whimsy?

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

omnibobb posted:

What do they sell? Whimsy?

The woot fatigue lifestyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

App13
Dec 31, 2011

And of course,

Got the a great deal on the guitar from a local mom n' pop, and rocksmith was $50 at target.

• Locked thread