Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

OH MY GOD NO loving WAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

If the chat's any indication, VGCW's heel drought can be solved via more league characters.

No wait Kratos works.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
SuperNormal knows exactly how to turn the chat into a salt mine; loving Kratos?!

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Well, that was unexpected.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope we never get League characters because holy crap all these non-caps babies in the chat. No one wants to hear your neckbearded thoughts on MOBAs, chat. Jeez.

Also, man the Kratos CAW is actually looks really good.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
People are actually cheering for Kratos, the League of Legends character got way more heat.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

inkblot posted:

I hope we never get League characters because holy crap all these non-caps babies in the chat. No one wants to hear your neckbearded thoughts on MOBAs, chat. Jeez.

they'll get drowned out in a normal show, this only has ~1/4 the viewers.

and Mundo would be so over

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Dr. Abysmal posted:

People are actually cheering for Kratos, the League of Legends character got way more heat.

God of War games were at least fun at one point in time. Same cannot be said for mobas.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Jackie D posted:

they'll get drowned out in a normal show, this only has ~1/4 the viewers.

and Mundo would be so over

Oh man. I never even thought about Dr. Mundo in VGCW.

It makes perfect sense, too. Mundo goes where he pleases.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
He's back :ohdear:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
And so, the new reign of Chat-Salt begins, and will only end in tears. Shame about Raziel, but oh well.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kratos wins with a QTE. The perfect finish.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Game over, return of Kratos.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Baz McMahon! Your son has returned from the depths of Hades!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
He got his revenge. All hail the God of War! :kratos:

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
For the entire night, Star Road finalists are one for five. The only winner out of them was Scrooge.

A portent of things to come? TUNE IN NEXT WEEK.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Policenaut posted:

I'd be down for this being an actual angle :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Junpei Hyde posted:

Kratos wins with a QTE. The perfect finish.
I didn't even realize that, it's perfect.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Go RV! posted:

Oh man. I never even thought about Dr. Mundo in VGCW.

It makes perfect sense, too. Mundo goes where he pleases.

theres even a Corporate Mundo skin, this poo poo writes itself

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So which is better for bringing heel heat? Jinx or Kratos winning?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Anyone notice the double sync when Kratos pulled the jackhammer? Both in the match and the recap? loving amazing.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Jeff... :smith:

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Artix posted:

So which is better for bringing heel heat? Jinx or Kratos winning?
Commander Keen got a lot more hate than those two.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Good stuff. SNS mentioned in his preview post that a lot of the CAWs were made by other people, too, so it's good to see there's so much talent putting content out for VGCW.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Solomonic posted:

Good stuff. SNS mentioned in his preview post that a lot of the CAWs were made by other people, too, so it's good to see there's so much talent putting content out for VGCW.

There are a lot of them that haven't even been featured anywhere yet.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Commander Keen is one more bullshit victory away from becoming a nuclear heel. I honestly couldn't be mad at him this time though, his victory made me laugh harder than I have all month.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Keen's the grandson of the guy who killed Mechahitler himself, you can't keep him down.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Did anyone record SNST tonight? I just got off work and I want to see it for myself before I'm spoiled on who showed up.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Someone please gif Jinx spazzing out on Table-kun, finally managing to stand up, and then falling outside the ring

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Did anyone record SNST tonight? I just got off work and I want to see it for myself before I'm spoiled on who showed up.

John Dudebro has you covered, but it's not all up yet.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
1) What the heck are MOBA's?

2) Jinx better have Batista's gun firing pose as her immediate entrance.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

I really hope Bazza brings back Kratos now :allears:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Cornwind Evil posted:

1) What the heck are MOBA's?

2) Jinx better have Batista's gun firing pose as her immediate entrance.

MOBAs are DOTA-likes. League, DOTA, HoN, the 400 clones that have come out, etc.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

John Dudebro has you covered, but it's not all up yet.

Thanks, Dudebro works fast.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
I want Kratos back.

It's a really good CAW, seems like a pretty strong wrestler and people would get hella salty about it. Plus the angle with him coming back after climbing out of Hades on a mission to destroy the VGCW would be a great heel storyline.

Bazza really needs to not drop people who get x-pac heat and instead put 'em in some story stuff to get proper heel heat.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Kuno posted:

Bazza really needs to not drop people who get x-pac heat and instead put 'em in some story stuff to get proper heel heat.

The problems with this is that VGCW is the kind of thing that attracts a certain kind of fan in large numbers. These fans, due to very poor social skills, absorbs their entertainment so thoroughly that they take anything they don't like as a personal attack against themselves, and again, due to lack of social skills and the invisibility of the Internet, they take out their frustration/anger on the show runners, Ie Bazza. Since Bazza doesn't have the things that the actual WWE does to offset this (mainly making money via ticket/PPV/merchandise sales), instead occasionally getting donations, tolerating this kind of behavior is a LOT harder, especially when it gets to Barkley levels and we have people harassing him on Twitter for stuff that's out of his control and that he devotes time and effort to making. Ergo, the best way is to just avoid it entirely.

So yeah, that's the problem with chat salt. Too many assholes take the drat salt too drat seriously, and unless we ruthlessly police ourselves, this sort of poo poo is just best avoided entirely.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 9, 2013

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Cornwind Evil posted:

The problems with this is that VGCW is the kind of thing that attracts a certain kind of fan in large numbers. These fans, due to very poor social skills, absorbs their entertainment so thoroughly that they take anything they don't like as a personal attack against themselves, and again, due to lack of social skills and the invisibility of the Internet, they take out their frustration/anger on the show runners, Ie Bazza. Since Bazza doesn't have the things that the actual WWE does to offset this (mainly making money via ticket/PPV/merchandise sales), instead occasionally getting donations, tolerating this kind of behavior is a LOT harder, especially when it gets to Barkley levels and we have people harassing him on Twitter for stuff that's out of his control and that he devotes time and effort to making. Ergo, the best way is to just avoid it entirely.

So yeah, that's the problem with chat salt. Too many assholes take the drat salt too drat seriously, and unless we ruthlessly police ourselves, this sort of poo poo is just best avoided entirely.

Well, aren't you a party pooper :colbert:

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

FaustianQ posted:

Well, aren't you a party pooper :colbert:

Better to acknowledge the issue now then a theorized future when Bazza tries to bring Kratos back (or Bryn tries to bring in Jinx) and we end up with Barkley 2 because too many people act like the stupid fake video game wrestling somehow affects them in real life.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I finished Rex "Power" Colt! He'll be posted after one last test match, but unfortunately his intro is almost impossible to get good shots of.

Because of this, have an Omega Driver instead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Gabe: "uhh, he's in jail dude."

• Locked thread