Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Anyone receive their ninja head band yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Broniki posted:

I'm still trying to understand the thought process behind making the slowest frame, whose one weakness is supposed to be his slowness... into the 4th fastest frame, if not the fastest once you're able to get cheap, spammable rhino charges.

Just kidding, I know there were no thought processes going on there at all.

Rhino had a weakness? :v:

No one had speed problems ever since Dual Zoren Speedglitch was discovered, really.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 8, 2013

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I wonder if the model we see is exactly the hurt box we get when it comes to any Frame, not just Rhino. technically, being the widest Frame would mean he gets hit more often if its one to one :v:

Raven65
Dec 31, 2008
Looking to join the PS4 clan...The OP mentioned Crowbear was running a separate clan but I cannot find an invite thread for that so hopefully this is the right place.

IGN: ravenofni65

If this isn't the right place and someone can point out where I failed to read please do so!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Denzine posted:

They exist in a magical land where 90% of a gun's base damage is exactly 100, which means Firestorm alone is 100 damage but Blast(being a combo, fire+ice) starts at 200.

Also if you want to add Wildfire(+60% fire), it does get way better.

160*1.75=280 Fire+Wildfire vs flesh
260*.75=195 blast+wildfire vs shields.

however vs. shields the fire damage is actually just 160, which is worse than blast.
vs. flesh blast is 325, which is better than fire+wildfire.

I don't remember if it's possible to have Ignis be a combo damage type + Fire or if the base damage being an element fucks that up somehow and I'm not going to log in to check, but if you can then it probably IS better for sheer dps to leave ignis's Fire damage alone and put on some non-Blast damage type. Corrosive or Magnetic for example.

Oh, so you meant that Blast does 150 damage against shields (200*.75). Okay, that was the source of my confusion.

And it's not really fair to compare a three-mod setup to a two-mod setup, given that three mods represents a larger investment of resources, and hence a larger expected return. In your situation, a more instructive scenario is:

167 * 1.75 = 292 Fire + Wildfire/Blaze vs. flesh
167 * 1.50 = 251 Fire + Wildfire/Blaze vs. infested
200 * 1.25 = 250 Blast vs. flesh/infested

Where in strict two-mod comparisons a wholly fire build does outperform (by about 17%) blast against fire's ideal target and the two are roughly equivalent against fire's secondary good target.

And against shields:

167 * 1.00 = 167 Fire + Wildfire/Blaze vs. shields
200 * 0.75 = 150 Blast vs. shields

Fire/fire outperforms again, by 11%.

Blast looks really good against armored enemies, though:

167 * 1.00 = 167 Fire + Wildfire/Blaze vs. armor
200 * 1.25 = 250 Blast vs. armor

Where it beats fire/fire by a staggering 67%.

But to do a full analysis on armor I'd have to know how it interacts with the underlying type. I've heard both apply, but are strengths/weaknesses stacked additively or multiplicatively?

I'd still take blast over fire/fire in any mission type. Infested and Grineer have armor over everything that actually matters, and while you could make a case for Corpus, only the Techs are gonna pose a big problem and be fleshy, and shields are never an overwhelming problem, so you can eat the small damage loss from that. Of course, against Corpus you should probably just use Magnetic.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Sure but then you get the completely legitimate question of "why aren't you using Firestorm and Hellfire in Blast" because why wouldn't you?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Raven65 posted:

Looking to join the PS4 clan...The OP mentioned Crowbear was running a separate clan but I cannot find an invite thread for that so hopefully this is the right place.

IGN: ravenofni65

If this isn't the right place and someone can point out where I failed to read please do so!

This is indeed the right place! I'll be on in a couple of hours and I'll shoot an invite your way if someone else hasn't.

General reminder: Everyone in the PS4 clan can invite people.

Another reminder: If you're in the PS4 clan and and haven't been keeping up on this stuff you should know that you can now build the Ogris (a rocket launcher) and the Ignis (a flamethrower and generally one of the best primary weapons around) by going to the Chem Lab in the Dojo and buying the blueprint. You'll need Detonite Injectors to make them but the blueprint for those is in the lab as well.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Denzine posted:

Sure but then you get the completely legitimate question of "why aren't you using Firestorm and Hellfire in Blast" because why wouldn't you?

Because that's a larger investment of resources that may not be practical.

unnamed
May 5, 2005
charooga

Male Man posted:

I'd still take blast over fire/fire in any mission type. Infested and Grineer have armor over everything that actually matters
I'm newly returned to the game so I don't know when they made the change and may be wrong, but Infested (Ancients) don't have armor anymore, just a bigger health pool. At least, that's what I've been told, and the wiki seems to back it up.

And on that note, are Ancients' weak spot/headshot in the knee still?

unnamed fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 8, 2013

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Fat Samurai posted:

- I have the Braton and the Kunai are due in a few hours. What's a good all purpose weapon to aim for before I start building specialized stuff? Burston and Hind seem good. Or should I save for the Sentinel?

Get a Hind. You will not regret it.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Alright fine I'll answer my own question. I can only think of two situations where it matters in rifles. Either you lucked into a nightmare mod and only had enough to max it and Hellfire, or you only have enough points to slot Hellfire and Cold or Hellfire and Firestorm. These are fairly niche situations you should be getting away from pretty quickly anyway.

The shotgun problem is pretty interesting, because the effectively guaranteed knockdown from the Blast proc is a really good reason to use it at high levels and against bosses.

unnamed posted:

I'm newly returned to the game, so I don't know when they made the change and may be wrong, but Infested (Ancients) don't have armor anymore, just a bigger health pool. At least, that's what I've been told, and the wiki seems to back it up.

And on that note, are Ancients' weak spot/headshot in the knee still?

Yeah Ancients just have even more HP, but I think Crawlers have armor for some reason? whatever. Infested are somehow even less interesting now.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

neonbregna posted:

Nope.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

If it's the same one that they were handing out at PAX, it's nothing to get too excited over.

Trimangle
Dec 4, 2004
Front de Libération de Québec

Crowbear posted:

This is indeed the right place! I'll be on in a couple of hours and I'll shoot an invite your way if someone else hasn't.

General reminder: Everyone in the PS4 clan can invite people.

Another reminder: If you're in the PS4 clan and and haven't been keeping up on this stuff you should know that you can now build the Ogris (a rocket launcher) and the Ignis (a flamethrower and generally one of the best primary weapons around) by going to the Chem Lab in the Dojo and buying the blueprint. You'll need Detonite Injectors to make them but the blueprint for those is in the lab as well.

Hey Crowbear, I'm also looking for a PS4 invite, PSname is the same, Trimangle. And Raven, I added you on Warframe if you see my invite.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Trimangle posted:

Hey Crowbear, I'm also looking for a PS4 invite, PSname is the same, Trimangle. And Raven, I added you on Warframe if you see my invite.

I sent you an invite.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

- When fusing Cores, is it better/more efficient to max their level before using them as fusion fodder?
No. Getting up to each new level requires mod investment that scales exponentially with that level, while any individual mod only provides a linearly scaling benefit to that fusion progression. You're better off not fusing any mods other than the ones you want maxed.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I'm also on PS4 and could use a clan invite as well.

My IGN is the same as my user name, LeafyOrb.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

Just picked this up again after a very brief stint and have a couple of questions:

- I have the Braton and the Kunai are due in a few hours. What's a good all purpose weapon to aim for before I start building specialized stuff? Burston and Hind seem good. Or should I save for the Sentinel?

- When fusing Cores, is it better/more efficient to max their level before using them as fusion fodder?

Braton and Kunai can probably last you for a very long time so yeah it might be a good time to save for a sentinel. Shade and Carrier are really good and will probably help you the most so I would work toward one of them. For a new melee weapon I got Dual Heat Swords first and it was really good for a long time especially against infested, but the new damage might have screwed up how good it is (I really doubt this though because it does lots of fire and slashing damage now).

Like others said it's best to fuse only things you don't want that are at minimum rank since you get diminishing returns for leveling up a mod before fusing it. Also, make sure you don't sell/fuse your last copy of any mod.

Dogthree
Mar 18, 2002
Oh

LeafyOrb posted:

I'm also on PS4 and could use a clan invite as well.

My IGN is the same as my user name, LeafyOrb.

I could use a PS4 invite also.

PSN = freeghosts

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Also, make sure you don't sell/fuse your last copy of any mod.

Even Sniper Mutation? :v:

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
I haven't played this in a very long time and I'm trying to figure one thing out. I have a whole bunch of Rifle mods, but only a few show up as compatible for my Latron. How does that work?

..Wait, I'm guessing it hides duplicates?

And what does C5/C6/whatever mean on the mod info card?

fookolt fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 9, 2013

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

fookolt posted:

I haven't played this in a very long time and I'm trying to figure one thing out. I have a whole bunch of Rifle mods, but only a few show up as compatible for my Latron. How does that work?

Yes, it hides duplicates now.

C# is the amount of conclave points that it gives, conclave point totals determine where you can pvp, but pvp sucks, so who cares.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

fookolt posted:

For the longest time the UI didn't hide duplicates, and so (as you may recall) folks had to wade through perhaps tens of pages of mods to find the right one.

quote:

Conclave points. There are a few PvP dueling arenas mixed in with the planets, and each establishes its power level by dictating how many Conclave points worth of mods you can have there.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So what's the deal with the health on Titan Extractors? Is there any way to repair them?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Wait, which screen hides duplicates? The equipping screen? I think I see my duplicate maxed wildfires/point blanks/etc.

\/ Ahh, that makes sense. Surprisingly.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

hooah posted:

Wait, which screen hides duplicates? The equipping screen? I think I see my duplicate maxed wildfires/point blanks/etc.

It only hides duplicates that aren't upgraded.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Like others said it's best to fuse only things you don't want that are at minimum rank since you get diminishing returns for leveling up a mod before fusing it. Also, make sure you don't sell/fuse your last copy of any mod.

While you're at it, always have 2 copies of weapon mods. Especially, good/rare ones. You'll need them for sentinels.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think the latest patches and damage 2.0 managed to somehow make Nekros even worse. I think soul punch deals impact damage and has somehow become buggy such that it doesn't punt the target, though on occasion I think I saw it shoot the target toward me. I'm pretty sure terrify doesn't even do the fear any more, and its armor debuff now matters even less.

I know the answer is DE, but holy poo poo how did they think this frame was something they should release? And why did I forma and starch it in the vain hope that it will someday not suck? Don't drunkframe.

vvvv Hind or vectis.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Dec 9, 2013

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
How is the Latron these days? I like being able to headshot everything with it but I'm wondering if there are other rifles that I should check out.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I like the Latron but by god does it make you click like a motherfucker.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
So, after getting back into the game after 4+ months off (I think update 9 had just came out) what weapons/frames should I be working towards?

I've got Ash, Excalibur and Rhino ATM, with a bunch of different weapons... Are Heks still suffering from over-nerf?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Haerc posted:

So, after getting back into the game after 4+ months off (I think update 9 had just came out) what weapons/frames should I be working towards?

I've got Ash, Excalibur and Rhino ATM, with a bunch of different weapons... Are Heks still suffering from over-nerf?

Hek hits really loving hard now. All shotguns sort of do. As far as frames go you should get in on Nova and Trinity. Nova just nukes the entire map over and over while heavily debuffing enemies, and Trinity can give your team perma invulnerability. Ignis is arguably the best weapon in the game so build/forma one of those.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
:siren: Orokin Catalyst alert on Keeler, Saturn, 60 minutes left :siren:

That was PC-side, sorry. Also it's over now.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 9, 2013

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

^Thank you good sir.

Speaking of Alerts, has the Affinity Aura appeared yet? Also I really wish the Aura slot didn't have a specific polarity because it makes it hard to try out different ones.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
I assume alerts are not the same for both PS4 and PC, right? In any case, PSN is undergoing maintenance and I can't log into Warframe.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

CODChimera posted:

^Thank you good sir.

Speaking of Alerts, has the Affinity Aura appeared yet? Also I really wish the Aura slot didn't have a specific polarity because it makes it hard to try out different ones.

No, it and a few other auras were only released by accident, before they were sure of the stats. They were obtainable for a short time through transmutation, but for now there are very few if any in circulation.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

neonbregna posted:

Well poo poo, I completely forgot about that and the deadline is long passed.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Haerc posted:

Yes. If you can stand the reload speed, the Sobek surpasses it in every way. Hell, the Sobek was already better than the Hek, and then they gave the Sobek a damage buff with or shortly after U11.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
How bad is the travel time on the laser weapons? Since this is the future, running around with 1960s SMGs doesn't feel right; I want to get my pew pew on. But not if the laser bolts from the Corpus guns are too slow to actually hit anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Valatar posted:

How bad is the travel time on the laser weapons? Since this is the future, running around with 1960s SMGs doesn't feel right; I want to get my pew pew on. But not if the laser bolts from the Corpus guns are too slow to actually hit anything.

The Dera's projectiles are fast so it's no big deal there, same for the even faster Lanka with the caveat that you'd better be good at leading the correct amount since it's not a gun you want to miss with.

The Supra's plasma on the other hand is so slow that it's entirely possible to empty out half of the magazine before the first shot hits. It's also not accurate enough to actually hit anything, even aside from the projectile speed. Use at point blank or to just fill an entire corridor with plasma - but as a general purpose weapon it's just a pain in the rear end.