Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Cyntalan posted:

So, I spent a good 6 hours yesterday (via Gateway) to get my Alchemy from rank 2 to 3. Completely unsuccessful. Am I missin' something here, or is my luck just that lovely?

I just bought the Vitriol outright, but I went from 0->3 in less time than it took you to not make it from 2->3. Maybe that timetable is correct when grinding up your own materials, but it seems really slow or exceptionally unlucky to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011

Mondian posted:

I just bought the Vitriol outright, but I went from 0->3 in less time than it took you to not make it from 2->3. Maybe that timetable is correct when grinding up your own materials, but it seems really slow or exceptionally unlucky to me.

Figures my luck is just lovely. There looked like there was some neat L18-20 recipes out there for alch that seemed worth the trouble to level. Or is it simply better to just purchase 'em outright?

Also, with the reagent system, it would seem skill nodes are gonna become popular again. Any suggestions on the best way to access a reliable source? I ran an Idris last night and got one green one, so I imagine getting the epics are gonna be an absolute pain in the rear end.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah, I'd love to hear about a good, reliable source of reagents. I understand they come in the 5 day prayer box, but is it just that and skill nodes? Anyone know if they show up in the various Leadership chests/barrels?

e: Opened 10 x Small Chest Of Gooods I had on a character got one Minor Mark of Potency. Not terribly encouraging.

Mondian fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 6, 2013

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
The Ranger's Split Shot "Blunderbuss" At-Will is entirely unreasonable for the first dungeon, when combined with the Guardian founder weapon.

Sweep the caves clean.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So they've managed to bork up the gateway again.

Rare missions are now down with the regular missions, even though the spot is still there for them at the top.

They added sounds. Quite possibly some of the most annoying sounds ever to be added to a browser for any purpose whatsoever. You can shut them off, but the next time you visit, they are back, because remembering settings is apparently hard.

QA team? What's that?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Crypic QA has never been anything but "Will this crash the live server? No? Push it live!"

I thought the rare mission thing was only for Leadership?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Mondian posted:

Crypic QA has never been anything but "Will this crash the live server? No? Push it live!"

I thought the rare mission thing was only for Leadership?

Leadership is the only thing I do.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
Ok, I'm starting to think the Gateway's bugged regarding Alchemy experiments. Still can't get to rank 3, a few more hours spent (I'd say I've reached... 40 attempts now?). When I have access to the real game interface, I'll test my theory again.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Are you sure you're not just doing the wrong job? I got several characters to T3 alchemy exclusively via the gateway over the past two days and none of them took more than 6-7 Experimentation attempts to get enough Alchemical Knowledge to rank up twice. That's less than two hours, not counting the 2h T2 research job.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Zen's moving at 500 today if you are still holding on to some, it might be a good time to cash in.

Then again, people got out at 460 yesterday...

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

WebDO posted:

Zen's moving at 500 today if you are still holding on to some, it might be a good time to cash in.

Then again, people got out at 460 yesterday...

drat the stock mark. Err. drat you Zen!!! Gonna get on and out up 550 sells orders for the weekend crowd

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
If you don't mind my horrid noobishness, I'd like to ask some questions. I've recently been enjoying playing this game very casually. I have a level 7 wizard (Drow, so sue me) and have a daily, my 2 at-wills, and 3 fun encounter powers. I'd enjoy some advice on my build (this might take me a bit to absorb as I do not play the game itself in English), but since I hit 7 I can't seem to find any more quests to do and this game most certainly is not set up for grinding.

I did read the OP and I might look into the goon guild if anyone is still playing, but for now I'd appreciate a bit of advice. I really had fun in the 4 hours or so that it took to get me to level 7 and, with the winter holidays coming up, I would like to keep it going. I have 2 character slots, so I think that I might make a cleric as well as I enjoy healers and they tend to be welcome in groups.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
You really shouldn't be out of quests to do at level 7. I was consistently outleveling content for pretty much the entire game (I didn't even clear the last area until well after I hit 60). Where are you that you can't find stuff to do?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Opposing Farce posted:

You really shouldn't be out of quests to do at level 7. I was consistently outleveling content for pretty much the entire game (I didn't even clear the last area until well after I hit 60). Where are you that you can't find stuff to do?

I can't quite remember. The second zone, I think. I remember doing a quest or two for some guy who was an agent for Bregan D'Aerthe. I'm sure that there is a ton more content, I just don't see any indicators towards it. Every other zone on the world map, apart from the starting zone, tells me that I'm too weak for it and I'm not about to argue with it right now.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
So, whats the deal with these campaign's. Do you get anything rewarding out of them or do people actually play these new dungeons ? I have yet to see a group this weekend LFG for one...

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
So is there any way to actually register for an account for this game? Tried multiple browsers/email accounts and still haven't gotten even 1 email.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Cryptic's integration with PWE is awful. If you don't have a PWE account already, its faster to register one here and just use that account information to log directly into Neverwinter.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Mondian posted:

Cryptic's integration with PWE is awful. If you don't have a PWE account already, its faster to register one here and just use that account information to log directly into Neverwinter.

That is where I tried registering but thanks anyway. The whole process just pissed me off and made me delete the game.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

LiftAuff posted:

That is where I tried registering but thanks anyway. The whole process just pissed me off and made me delete the game.

I'm pretty sure you have to use Internet Explorer. That page just won't work otherwise.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

They finally made Ranger playable so I started a new guy right now. I made an old Drow with white receding hair and named him Old Man Drizzt.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Red Metal posted:

I'm pretty sure you have to use Internet Explorer. That page just won't work otherwise.

I've registered countless PWE accounts via Chrome.

The only way to gently caress up registration is if you have too many attempts to register an account from one IP in a short time span (it'll cut you off after the 3rd or 4th one in a row) or if you're trying to register with an e-mail provider that they don't allow, like the temporary crap (Guerrilla Mail, Ten Minute Mail, etc).

Mondian fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 8, 2013

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I've really got to pull my head out of whatever orifice it's stuck up. I just bought Light Healing Potions even though they have a level 15 minimum (I'm level 10) and I bought a second daily power even though I only have oen daily slot unlocked and I already have a very handy power in it.

My OCD, but having empty power slots bugs me. I just got my Tab power, but I only have 3 encounter powers total so one of my base slots is empty, plus the daily that's still locked, and so on. I need professional help.

CaptainStag
Sep 29, 2004

Good acting is a practiced craft, one that suggests subtlety and nuance.

Mondian posted:

I've registered countless PWE accounts via Chrome.

The only way to gently caress up registration is if you have too many attempts to register an account from one IP in a short time span (it'll cut you off after the 3rd or 4th one in a row) or if you're trying to register with an e-mail provider that they don't allow, like the temporary crap (Guerrilla Mail, Ten Minute Mail, etc).

I don't know, I've had similar issues and can't seem to register an account. I haven't spammed the site with attempts, I try not to linger on the page too long, and I use my standard gmail account. No luck. You would think this would be considered a major issue by PW but apparently not many people have it.

It's a shame because I got some promotion code with a new computer I just bought and I'd like to use it.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Hal_2005 posted:

So, whats the deal with these campaign's. Do you get anything rewarding out of them or do people actually play these new dungeons ? I have yet to see a group this weekend LFG for one...

It takes a while to get the key to get into the dungeon.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I've picked this up again. I haven't played since the great exodus (Caturday). What do I need to know? Were GWFs ever fixed into being useful, or is TR still the final word in DPS? How are the new paragon paths? Why did they add artifacts from Trials of Atlantis?

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Did they tailor make Drow for Ranger? Everything about the race works perfectly.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Psyker posted:

Did they tailor make Drow for Ranger? Everything about the race works perfectly.

If you aren't making Drizzt's of every race except for Drow, you're doing it wrong.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Psyker posted:

Mmm, please be joking.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Orv posted:

Mmm, please be joking.

+2 Dex/+2 Wis is probably the ideal stat bonus for a Ranger so it is a pretty decent fit, Drizzt roleplay nonsense aside. Plus Darkfire's defense reduction is kind of nice and Trance is convenient if not particularly combat-relevant (and I'm still a little disappointed it doesn't make injuries heal faster), although neither of them strike me as being especially useful to the Ranger specifically.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 9, 2013

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Well, getting back into this. My main reason for leaving not long after Caturday was the plethora of Foundry bugs. It seems like most of them have been fixed, so I'll try to continue the Echoes of Providence questline. I still think the Foundry has so much potential that doesn't get used because of the MMO culture, but if I can do something to get people into an honest-to-god DnD story-based campaign, then it's worth a shot.

I'll try and run some stuff with Goons later this week if I can, but I'll need to catch up in gear/attunement stuff. I'm keeping my pink stripper boots as long as I can, dammit

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Axel Serenity posted:

Well, getting back into this. My main reason for leaving not long after Caturday was the plethora of Foundry bugs. It seems like most of them have been fixed, so I'll try to continue the Echoes of Providence questline. I still think the Foundry has so much potential that doesn't get used because of the MMO culture, but if I can do something to get people into an honest-to-god DnD story-based campaign, then it's worth a shot.

I'll try and run some stuff with Goons later this week if I can, but I'll need to catch up in gear/attunement stuff. I'm keeping my pink stripper boots as long as I can, dammit

Is the guild active at all? I just have a level 10 wizard, but I wouldn't mind making the acquaintance of some goons. I tried joining the channel in the OP and I didn't hear a peep.

Gravity Works
Aug 7, 2006

Break everything you love.
I'd say at the moment yes. I can say i only play evenings eastern time so maybe try later in the day. I think every member has invite privileges so just ask in the channel again sometime and you should get a bite.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

Is the guild active at all? I just have a level 10 wizard, but I wouldn't mind making the acquaintance of some goons. I tried joining the channel in the OP and I didn't hear a peep.

There tend to be a bunch of people on or no one on. The other reason no one might be responding is because they are in a dungeon and there are designated dungeon hours everyday and if its that time you can count on people being in there and not looking at chat.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

There were 2 or 3 people in dndgoons last night that I saw while barely paying attention so there is some activity.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Thank you to whoever mentioned buying up runes/enchantments on the cheap before the patch.

I picked up two stacks of 99 rank 5 enchantments at 1110 apiece, and they're now selling at 4000 apiece.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Well, I unlocked Valindra's Tower but it turns out you don't get to play if you're not a wizard or a cleric. :negative:

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011

Semisponge posted:

Well, I unlocked Valindra's Tower but it turns out you don't get to play if you're not a wizard or a cleric. :negative:

Hmm... glad my main's a cleric then. :smug:

Arram Daywalker
Sep 30, 2013
Been fun so far. Thanks to everyone for helping answer all my questions in game.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Aaaaaaaa that was a terrible time for the servers to go down. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Was just about to ask about that

I wonder if its to fix the Valindra fight and the delve box. It would kind of make sense because that situation was getting completely out of hand. It took like 20 minutes to get to the fight and you could burn her in 7 minutes maybe, possibly less, with 4 wizards But their twitter says outage so it was just a random fuckup.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 10, 2013

• Locked thread