Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
The only time I've hit an Nintendo Zone was unwittingly walking next to a Starbucks by going into Chipotle, so I presume you don't have to actually connect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I think you can just change the SSID to something like Bestbuy or attwifi or something like that.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looks I do have some zones, but they're 50 miles away.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
You don't have to manually connect to relay stations, but the time it takes for your ds to collect streetpasses varies. Whenever I go to a starbucks, it can take anywhere from mere seconds to a good few minutes or so before the green light flashes on.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

Nintendo does let your search for Nintendo Zones nearby online. It's useful for finding Nintendo Zones at places you wouldn't expect, like Fedex Offices or Ruby Tuesday restaurants.

Home Depot?! I... huh. Okay. Sure. :raise:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Kids tagging along with their dads, maybe? I dunno, I don't like thinking about Nintendo's decisions too much.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

When will the new update drop ?

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 10, 2013

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

Kids tagging along with their dads, maybe? I dunno, I don't like thinking about Nintendo's decisions too much.

For these sorts of weirdos, I guess?

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

I heard that the eshop downtime will be until around 8PM PT so I would guess around that time?

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

noirstronaut posted:

I think the logic is "any store that has a known open wifi AP". They probably pull stats from your 3DS about what APs you've touched and make cluster maps from there to figure out where peole are sufficiently clustered.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
How's Mario Kart 7? It's been a while and I don't really have any pick up and play games on my 3DS. They're all sort of longer games, just want something I can play for a few minutes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

This month.

People heavily suspect we'll be getting the big update sometime today, after the eShop maintenance ends, but nobody actually knows whether we'll be getting the big update immediately or not, so don't get too excited.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Austrian mook posted:

How's Mario Kart 7? It's been a while and I don't really have any pick up and play games on my 3DS. They're all sort of longer games, just want something I can play for a few minutes.

It's one of the best Mario Kart games, no doubt. Great course design and a really sinister CPU at 150cc.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Update's out

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
It looks like the system update is live.

e:fb

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I have a feeling this might take a while

EDIT: Actually, not bad!

They updated how you activate the camera from the home screen.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 10, 2013

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Yeah, I was a bit confused when I found out my Home Depot had one... I've been visiting there a lot so I've taken advantage of it... I keep getting the same few people though, maybe employees?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
So does the 3DS Miiverse work like the Woo one? Where you can access it without quitting your game? Did they say if games would integrate it in the future?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Release Notes

The previous limit of five system transfers per system has been removed

Confirmed, Majora Mask 3DS remake. poor choice in joke.

It is confirmed that Nintendo wants you to buy a lot of 3DS consoles.

e: changed link source

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 10, 2013

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

So does the 3DS Miiverse work like the Woo one? Where you can access it without quitting your game? Did they say if games would integrate it in the future?

Miiverse is a System App, like Friend Code and the Browser, so yes yo can.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

glassyalabolas posted:

Confirmed, Majora Mask 3DS remake.
Is this legit or is it just some Half Life 3 meme poo poo?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

glassyalabolas posted:

Confirmed, Majora Mask 3DS remake.

Don't toy with my feelings.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

The White Dragon posted:

Is this legit or is it just some Half Life 3 meme poo poo?

Regy Rusty posted:

Don't toy with my feelings.

poor joke, sorry guys. Still carry that dream though!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Is anybody else having difficulties connecting to the eShop after the update?

Mine's been sticking on the dancing bags.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Is anybody else having difficulties connecting to the eShop after the update?

Mine's been sticking on the dancing bags.

Mine too, it's probably just getting hammered right now.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013
Holy poo poo! This is the first completely error-free system update I have ever had! Of course the eShop is totally unusable to make up for it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It says it doesn't "currently" support friend features, so I guess there's still some hope.

Come on Nintendo, the framework is there for an actually good account and online system. You can do it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Not sure if this was brought up or not but it appears that Bravely Default's US release is up for preorder now, the Collector's edition is $50 and doesn't come with the figure from the EU version. Apparently though the figure was rather poo poo paintwise so maybe that's for the best.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I thought the Miiverse update would let you post screenshots, but the test post I did while in Pokemon Y produced nothing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think it matters on the game. I just posted an Animal Crossing screenshot.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So how feasible do you think it would be to over the course of the next year, phase out friend codes and phase in the Wii U's NNID system.
I was thinking about it, and no game I currently own that has internet play in it requires you to do anything with friend codes ingame, it's all based on what's on your actual friends list.

So what exactly would be stopping them from switching them out on the technical side besides :effort:

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Rirse posted:

I thought the Miiverse update would let you post screenshots, but the test post I did while in Pokemon Y produced nothing.

Not tried it myself, but I see a bunch of screenshots posted by other people in the Zelda: Link Between Worlds and Dual Destinies communities.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Bit disappointed by the selection of games with Miiverse communities so far. Most of the big recent games have 'em, sure, but you're poo poo out of luck if you're older than this year and don't have "Mario" in your title. Hopefully it'll expand not only with new releases, but backwards as well.

Rirse posted:

Did you actually choose a screenshot? I don't know where exactly it is on the 3DS Miiverse but you have to click a thing and actively select the screen you want captured before posting. Plus some games just don't support screenshots (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Square-Enix Virtual Console games) though I don't know why Pokemon would be one of them.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The 3DS crowd carries on the fine Miiverse tradition.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

So, I just checked that out and...

:stare: Sam's club?! Ruby Tuesdays?! the others are ones I mostly expected (and yeah, it's also at home depot for me too) but I did not expect those two.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
So are purchases on the eShop now going to be tied to your Nintendo Network account like on Wii U? And if so, does it retroactively apply to things you've already bought?

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Box of Bunnies posted:

Bit disappointed by the selection of games with Miiverse communities so far. Most of the big recent games have 'em, sure, but you're poo poo out of luck if you're older than this year and don't have "Mario" in your title. Hopefully it'll expand not only with new releases, but backwards as well.

Seems like there's no Fire Emblem community, what is this madness?!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Elenkis posted:

Seems like there's no Fire Emblem community, what is this madness?!

gently caress that, Style Savvy: Trendsetters has screenshot support. I need to share my fashion with the world.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
How are people even managing to post screenshots? Ace Attorney 5 definitely doesn't support it in-game, but it doesn't stop posts on Miiverse somehow?

DarkHamsterlord posted:

If you hit the Home button while in-game and launch Miiverse (this doesn't quit your game), you can post a screenshot of either screen with your post. It's an OS level thing that probably works with every game. The Wii U does this as well.

Thanks!

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Oh no I deleted my girlfriend's Mii when I upgraded to the nintendoID account. I'm dead. :smith:

• Locked thread