Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is there an OCE guild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Tithin Melias posted:

Is there an OCE guild?

A what?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Oceanic. Commonly abbreviated as OCE. Southeast Asia & Australia Region.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Tithin Melias posted:

Oceanic. Commonly abbreviated as OCE. Southeast Asia & Australia Region.

I think the general advice is to always roll on Excalibur. We have people on all hours of the day. If you want to connect to a JP data center world cause of lag I'm not sure but I think there's an unofficial OCE world.

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004
Tonberry is the unofficial oceanic server(by the ff14 community, not SA), but its a Japanese server. That means you'll have a better ping but you'll have a split community between the Japanese & all the oceanic players. Its probably best to just roll on excalibur with everyone else.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Whelp, seeing as Excalibur won't accept new characters, guess I'm going to try Tonberry :smith:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tithin Melias posted:

Whelp, seeing as Excalibur won't accept new characters, guess I'm going to try Tonberry :smith:

Wait till early morning EST I think, it generally opens then

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Tithin Melias posted:

I was able to roll a character on Excalibur at 8am today. They just have it locked down during primetime. E:Beaten

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You're going to hate the lag when you get to endgame though, if that's your thing.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

notZaar posted:

You're going to hate the lag when you get to endgame though, if that's your thing.

To be fair we have a couple of Oceanic players in my Linkshell on Cerberus and we are downing up to turn 4 ok

fake_roogle
Jun 20, 2008
I think I'm the only active Tonberry goon left (getting to a point where I'm considering transferring to be with the goons on Excalibur, even). That said, I was on Excalibur in the first place because of the lag you'll find for endgame. It's definitely not impossible (e.g. Bluegartr and their Aussie WHM) and there's no serious movement aside from Titan (which you can predict if you account for lag) in end-game but once you get to Twintania, Divebombs are going to make your life miserable without decent ping.

e: What I'm getting at is I'd probably recommend you roll on Excalibur too but if you see yourself going for serious end-game (Twintania) and your ping to Excalibur is high, think about it. There's a substantial English speaking community on Tonberry and you won't have a problem finding a FC/LS/static there.

fake_roogle fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 10, 2013

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Requested_Username posted:

The nodes take like 6 minutes it's hardly a massive time sink

5 attempts, that is 30 minutes spent doing stuff that is not difficult at all and provides no practice on the actual hard part of the fight.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yay!

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Love it.

Your lalafell is as a wrathful god.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

I see that sword and I think to myself "Man I'm glad the next tier of raid weapons won't be as stupid looking for PLD."

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

jwang posted:

I see that sword and I think to myself "Man I'm glad the next tier of raid weapons won't be as stupid looking for PLD."

That sword looks apropos for Final Fantasy, at least it's not a stupid glowy relic.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

notZaar posted:

Actually it's like a 120 ping for Australia on Japan servers opposed to 350+ for NA. loving Canada.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Is the Free Company on Cactuar still active? I would love to shoot some treemen with other goons.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Requested_Username posted:

The nodes take like 6 minutes it's hardly a massive time sink

Yes, it is if you're new to the fight. It was the most loving annoying thing.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KaneTW posted:

Yes, it is if you're new to the fight. It was the most loving annoying thing.

Yeah that part made me really depressed. gently caress turn 2

Redchaostry
Nov 27, 2008
Probably going to grind out the last 4 levels of alchemy with Elixirs. gently caress you pudding flesh. Almost done with the crafting and gathering jobs. Then all excuses for avoiding FATE grinding will be over. :negative:

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Trying to register a Square Enix account on PS3 and despite trying twice, I have not received an email confirmation in 11 hours of waiting. What's the deal here?

Jahuran
Jul 9, 2001

Redchaostry posted:

Probably going to grind out the last 4 levels of alchemy with Elixirs. gently caress you pudding flesh. Almost done with the crafting and gathering jobs. Then all excuses for avoiding FATE grinding will be over. :negative:

Why not make poisoning potions(lv. 35) for the level 35 levequest in Ul'dah named "Always Have an Exit Plan"?
At 46 you should be able to hq them and the ingredients (quicksilver,morbol vine,formic acid) aren't that expensive. 5 synths gets you 15 hq poison pots and nets you 215,640 exp.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

fake_roogle posted:

e: What I'm getting at is I'd probably recommend you roll on Excalibur too but if you see yourself going for serious end-game (Twintania) and your ping to Excalibur is high, think about it. There's a substantial English speaking community on Tonberry and you won't have a problem finding a FC/LS/static there.

I get about 260 ping on excal from Aus. Can do Titan as mnk, but you really have to watch the phases and the plumes will gently caress you up (well out on my side of things but get hit anyway). I haven't tried coil, but expect that that ping will make me a liability.

I remember when SWTOR introduced an Aus server and I went to 20 ping. I had no idea how much difference it made. NBN, I want it now. :argh:

Redchaostry
Nov 27, 2008

Jahuran posted:

Why not make poisoning potions(lv. 35) for the level 35 levequest in Ul'dah named "Always Have an Exit Plan"?
At 46 you should be able to hq them and the ingredients (quicksilver,morbol vine,formic acid) aren't that expensive. 5 synths gets you 15 hq poison pots and nets you 215,640 exp.

Wow that is an amazingly efficient leve. Really wish I saw that earlier. 35 -> 40 I grinded Lanolins, 40 -> 45 I turned in lanolins. I don't mind making elixirs so much, as it forces me to get the last two levels of botany I need.

Any advice on Weaving 40 -> 50, BSM 40 -> 50, ARM 35 -> 50?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

So I just met my first group of DF trolls for Titan. I had heard miracle stories of DF beating Titan and there were no charity runs going on at the moment in FC chat so I figured I'd give it a shot. Get into a run, apparently a group of 5 people make it a habit to join up on DF, let the other 3 die people that get in die, then clear Titan to 5% and then jump off the edge while yelling about advertising their own carry groups? I guess this is a good use of time maybe? They talk about themselves like they are perfect but 30 minutes before I'd gotten stuck with the same group in DF and they couldn't even make it to the heart phase before wiping.

As soon as they start the puppetmaster "it's up to you if you want a relic" crap I decide to play the game literally. Stay alive? OK! I stayed alive until the wipe. They didn't say anything about doing dps. The landslide they talk about at the end of the pic is where their group of jokers broke me out of a gheil on the previous fight... right into a knockback, never even had a chance to move.

So finally halfway through the 2nd fight when we're beyond the point of completion, purple cow decides to blame me for the wipe and tell me to drop the LB. Not that it would have done anything since it was already a wipe at the time. Then assumes I could care about online characters and teabags me after I get clipped by the boss running wild and teabags me until he gets hit himself. At that point I wash my hands of completing but refuse to drop first and take the 15 minute debuff. Purple cow and the rest start chain pulling titan to try and cause repair bills... after the 2nd kill I just take off my gear and stand there, then tab out to the 2nd monitor and start reading SA. The group of "trolls" talks about the weather for 20 minutes then finally realizes none of the 3 people that they were grouped up with are going to drop, so they drop and eat the debuff.

I guess I have been owned on the internet! I will bow my head in shame!

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

ThaGrandCow posted:

Tian HM stuff

Titan brings out the worst. Generally I have found this to be a pretty friendly game. Actually, it was only in Titan HM that people became complete dicks. These idiots take the cake though. Just wait for a carry in the FC. It does happen.

Jahuran
Jul 9, 2001

Redchaostry posted:

Wow that is an amazingly efficient leve. Really wish I saw that earlier. 35 -> 40 I grinded Lanolins, 40 -> 45 I turned in lanolins. I don't mind making elixirs so much, as it forces me to get the last two levels of botany I need.

Any advice on Weaving 40 -> 50, BSM 40 -> 50, ARM 35 -> 50?

I'd check out the levequest guides on gameskinny. Scroll down on the page to the bottom for links to guides for every craft. You should check on your server what materials are acceptable costwise I'm on Moogle so can't say anything about Excal?

http://www.gameskinny.com/4rc10/ffxiv-leveling-craftingtradecrafts-with-repeatable-leves-guide

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Man Musk posted:

Is the Free Company on Cactuar still active? I would love to shoot some treemen with other goons.

Yup. I'll be on tonight (6pm est) but anyone in the FC can invite. We have 48 members with about 30ish active. What is your character name?

Daniel
Jan 30, 2004

Dignified.
"Quake Me Up Before You O'Ghomoro." Is an outstanding quest title for Titan Extreme.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Daniel posted:

"Quake Me Up Before You O'Ghomoro." Is an outstanding quest title for Titan Extreme.

Really, because that just screams "trying too hard" to me.

Vulpix
Nov 23, 2000

It is my opinion that your favorite anime sucks.

Dross posted:

Really, because that just screams "trying too hard" to me.

I didn't know trying to be creative with the quest name is trying too hard.

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.
Apparently the Extreme Mode progression is going to be Garuda -> Titan -> Ifrit, with Ifrit having the highest ilevel requirement to enter it.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/08be66738fa9d456e9d9857ae3f8fbc63bbcb912

I'm sort of curious to see how they're going to make Ifrit more challenging than Titan with two gaols, adds, and 4-way landslides.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Well the trailer showed at least four clones for the charges.

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

And my eyes bulging means that I'm going to be chattering for a while!

Lumis posted:

I'm sort of curious to see how they're going to make Ifrit more challenging than Titan with two gaols, adds, and 4-way landslides.

Live Letter QA Summary posted:

Q: Aren't there a bit too many nails for extreme Ifrit?
A: Yes, there are a lot, and there is also one giant one. I heard there may be 16 or so.

Please look forward to a whole new world of people not being able to kill nails. My favorite part is that the response to "aren't there a bit too many nails?" is "yes there are" :allears:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm guessing that Ifrit extreme won't be designed in such a way that you can easily build up a level 3 LB for the nails.

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
Wooo Hooo! At long last finally got Twintania down. Hardest part was keeping a group together who was willing to wipe and learn the phases. After spending about 4-5 weeks with a constantly rotating cast of characters, ensuing guild drama, and members quitting we buckled down did it a few hours each night with the same group and got it down! It had been quite some time since an MMO fight test me and the mettle of my group so much, but it was awesome when we finally got it down. I streamed the fight, so if anyone is interested in checking it out from a Summoners point of view enjoy!: http://www.twitch.tv/miki_mao/c/3368110

yo5ty fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 10, 2013

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

I'm guessing that Ifrit extreme won't be designed in such a way that you can easily build up a level 3 LB for the nails.

I have a feeling that Eruption won't be interrupt-able.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

yo5ty posted:

I streamed the right, so if anyone is interested in checking it out for a Summoners point of view enjoy!: http://www.twitch.tv/miki_mao/c/3368110

Congrats!

Also does anyone know if there's a track name or download for the Twintania battle music? Can't find anything on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Up to the Elves posted:

Congrats!

Also does anyone know if there's a track name or download for the Twintania battle music? Can't find anything on it.

The Twintania battle music is shared between that fight, the Behemoth fate battle, and the Lahabrea fight at the end of the main story. If you look around you can probably find it.

In point of fact, is sharing 2.0 music :filez: considering there isn't an official OST and all the sources are game rips?

• Locked thread