Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Joined the facebook group. We are all doomed. Captain Britain is the greatest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

MotU posted:

Does the PVP Season end at 12:01AM on Monday or 12:01AM on Tuesday?

Generally, it ends 6 PM Pacific on Monday.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Any advice on what to do if Facebook decides you're not a real person?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Spikey posted:

Any advice on what to do if Facebook decides you're not a real person?

Are you sure you are?

e: Phew, Sabretooth recruited. Now I don't have to play anymore PVP yay. Although I'm at 4% so I guess I could push through and get that suit

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 8, 2013

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
So, I decided that I was done with this game, nothing is worth playing against the Cube in pvp. Hadn't even logged in for two weeks, but I decided to try out Chapter 3. I go through the missions and it's pretty fun. I win the incursion, what do I get?

Scroll of Angolob.

I thought I was out :sigh:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I had no idea Hemidall's No ability would work on self targeting buffs.

Aparantly I should have been using rescue and havok on defense. I came back with only -5, much better than the -100 i was getting with every other combo i tried.

I was using Elektra and Alex on offense, but then the game decided that Magneto should be in every team, and i was getting smeared, because somehow he was getting 4 attacks in a row constantly.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

3 Black Widow ISOs. 3 Wasp ISOs. No Black Panther. GIMME BLACK PANTHER.

VextheGrey
Dec 3, 2000

"No, Sasquatch! NOOOOO!!"

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Scroll of Angolob.

I hate that scroll so, so much. Finally they give us an item that prevents debuffing even if only for a little while, only to make the stupid rear end scroll the only item that can remove it (near as I can tell, none of the other removers touch mystic shroud).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

VextheGrey posted:

I hate that scroll so, so much. Finally they give us an item that prevents debuffing even if only for a little while, only to make the stupid rear end scroll the only item that can remove it (near as I can tell, none of the other removers touch mystic shroud).

I notice a lot of buffs are not removed by it anymore. Like MoM and quickness.

I am really annoyed how Magneto can put magnetized on anyone now.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I notice a lot of buffs are not removed by it anymore. Like MoM and quickness.

I am really annoyed how Magneto can put magnetized on anyone now.

He could always put magnetized on anyone with his level 1 attack. He only gets to put in on people using metal for free.

And quickness still gets removed by remove buff effects, though none of them but the scroll will do it if Mystic Shroud is up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Boy I love when Heimdall blocks my signpost. Then my scroll. Then the action I try with my cube. Then Havok when I try to obliterate Heimdall's rear end. All in a loving row.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

VextheGrey posted:

Doesn't Doctor Voodoo make your party immune to the scroll?

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!
There's another one of those ul things today. You get some kind of radiation blocker thing half way through the tasks. It doesn't say what you get at the end but I assume it's poo poo.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Codependent Poster posted:

Boy I love when Heimdall blocks my signpost. Then my scroll. Then the action I try with my cube. Then Havok when I try to obliterate Heimdall's rear end. All in a loving row.
I'm pretty sure Heimdall / Thane / agent with that bullshit cube = the most irritating defensive team in existence. Not sure about how effective it is overall but it certainly tops the annoyance scale.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh yes, and then he says NO to your characters trying to do something.

Sefer posted:

He could always put magnetized on anyone with his level 1 attack. He only gets to put in on people using metal for free.

And quickness still gets removed by remove buff effects, though none of them but the scroll will do it if Mystic Shroud is up.

I thought he only put magnetized on people with the level 1 if they had metal. And I've used the scroll on QS to get rid of quickness, but it wasn't removed. Maybe his emISO is doing that?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

twistedmentat posted:

I thought he only put magnetized on people with the level 1 if they had metal.

Nope, that was only ever his passive. His Level 1 applied Magnetized to anyone he hit even before that passive got added in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Nope, that was only ever his passive. His Level 1 applied Magnetized to anyone he hit even before that passive got added in.

I guess i never saw him much in pvp before now. He's on like every other team now. I had to stop using Elektra because of him.

I thought the game was setup so you couldn't be stun locked, but I just played against a team where I was stunned the entire time. it took forever for him to defeat me because i kept reality hacking to avoid his attacks.

ALso, i loving hate QS now. He pretty much gets a turn every time you do something, and then he gets his two turns. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't do a lot of damage, but he can do thousands which each attack.

Ugh I'm only getting the UL questline drops from fighting MODOK.

Some less complainy pants stuff; low damage, debuffing attack all abilities are great for removing opponents mirror reality, and scott and alex make a great team because of extra turns, especially if scott gives alex a bonus turn right after you use plasma wave, it negates the kick like a mule debuff.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 10, 2013

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

twistedmentat posted:

I guess i never saw him much in pvp before now. He's on like every other team now. I had to stop using Elektra because of him.
Why would you stop using the counter to Magneto because you saw too many Magnetos?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Syrinxx posted:

Why would you stop using the counter to Magneto because you saw too many Magnetos?

He was killing her one shot, magnetized + either of his attacks = dead elecktra. I was really loving annoying. Its not much better when 2 blasters, one being the agent with metal, because he was getting turns constantly when he was attacked, when he lost his shield and just from his tact bonus. Ugh I want the suit so bad so I can have at least an 8 slot outfit thats NOT the blaster one.

In this big announcement they are doing, they better put all the pvp reward outfits for regular research.

OH fun, i went into a combat at 21%, came out and was at 32%. Yay for fighting 3 defenses for each offense!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Yeah infs are in a lovely place right now because Quicksilver gets 4 god drat turns against them and they don't counter Tacs nearly hard enough.

Except Inf Shadowcat who is a loving boss and utterly annihilates both Tacs and QS

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Syrinxx posted:

Yeah infs are in a lovely place right now because Quicksilver gets 4 god drat turns against them and they don't counter Tacs nearly hard enough.

Except Inf Shadowcat who is a loving boss and utterly annihilates both Tacs and QS

Its too bad you can't protect while phased. Wait, no that was annoying as poo poo. On iOS i'm debating whether to save for Cap + ww2 outfit, or get Shadowcat kitty first. Then I'd need Jean, but that combo was good for like 4 seasons of pvp.

Apparently getting Elektra to 13 was enough to make her useful again.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Well I just quit for the day after amassing about 30 wins and netting about -300 rating because of nonstop 20-22 point losses. With a defensive team that matched the ones beating me by the way. No way to make vibranium without the bullshit cube and a massive amount of real money spend.

Hopefully I'll be quitting this piece of poo poo game if they don't announce something good for "player appreciation week" which I'm sure they will not.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Syrinxx posted:

Well I just quit for the day after amassing about 30 wins and netting about -300 rating because of nonstop 20-22 point losses. With a defensive team that matched the ones beating me by the way. No way to make vibranium without the bullshit cube and a massive amount of real money spend.

Hopefully I'll be quitting this piece of poo poo game if they don't announce something good for "player appreciation week" which I'm sure they will not.

All roulette wins multiplied by 100...so possible 500 Cps! Oops, you got a hundred tangler grenades!

With pvp I'm just happy to get the gold, but even that is an amazing challenge.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 10, 2013

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Finally beat the motherfucking Phoenix heroic battle AND got the e-iso in the roulette, now I never have to play it again ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Deadpool's forced refresh can go gently caress itself.

I can beat the Phoenix battle every time now, even if Selene goes first. To get the score needed for the task, once selene was dead, i just rested until i had full health and killed the goon.

Welp, finished just under the wire in gold. If i wasn't loosing fights faster that i could win them, i would have ended up much better. I did nearly 30 battles today and only lost a handful, but i never got higher than 19%. Its total BS that defensive wins and losses are counted. You have zero control over it other than dumping a ton of pvp armory items in and setting up a team. No other ladder system for pvp uses this kind of method. remove the defense from the equation, and base it purely on what people can do. All that means is the top 25% + will be higher numbers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I was in adamantium last night, came back to see I was down 220 points. Spent all night trying to get back up but finished at like 1%.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
I was in Adamantium last night, basically just did a fight on average every half hour to stay in Vibranium for the course of the day. Actually didn't do anything the last hour and change, actually got some defensive wins for once that kept me more or less steady on score.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Crap, I thought it ended tomorrow. Was in vibrainium last night but finished up in diamond. I want one of those damned suits!

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I got 7 sabertooth covers and 2 pips of a bonus bar. I'm not sure if I want sabertooth to dump the gold I earn into lockboxes...

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
I has to buy 10 boxes to get the last cover. And I ended up in gold, so it's like I didn't spend it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't get enough score with Ultron Prime to past the quest. I'm winning with nearly full health, no one dead, using Scarlett Witch and QS (who have the most team up bonuses) and am using items to get quartermaster, but it keeps being 50 points short.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I can't get enough score with Ultron Prime to past the quest. I'm winning with nearly full health, no one dead, using Scarlett Witch and QS (who have the most team up bonuses) and am using items to get quartermaster, but it keeps being 50 points short.

How many rounds is it taking you? If you have them, try it with Havok and Modern Thor. Kill him off in the first round, probably with overkill, and it more than makes up for not having team up bonuses. I'm fairly certain that's who I took into the fight and I had no issues getting the score I needed.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Logged in with 20 minutes to go and just barely squeaked into Vibranium. Still don't have a single e-iso besides the one they straight up give you out of pity.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Oh, wow, this Covert Ops is painful.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Reverand Me posted:

There's another one of those ul things today. You get some kind of radiation blocker thing half way through the tasks. It doesn't say what you get at the end but I assume it's poo poo.

It just ends. You don't even get a way to put Radiation on yourself to use the item.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
That's why I'm glad I never get rid of special weapons.

http://avengersalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Specimen_Scanners

I'll see how good it goes with this, the Rad Sniffer, the Ionic Emitter and Ionic Sledge.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So since Ghostrider and Magik are required for 2-3, and Valkyrie and Mockingbird were required for the last Specops, is it reasonable to assume that Emma is going to be required for the next thing to be released, whether it's the next Specops or 2-4?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Looks like Arcade is the spec ops boss, and again there will be a choose your side in the spec ops like the AvsX one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Looks like Arcade is the spec ops boss, and again there will be a choose your side in the spec ops like the AvsX one.

I never played that one, what difference did that make? Did it change the rewards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Way before my time - how did it work exactly? I'm assuming you got to/had to play both factions, and you chose which side to pick at mission start.

e:f,b, sorta.

• Locked thread