Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of December 12):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Wii Party U - €44.99 / £34.99
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - €44.99 / £36.99
WII U eSHOP
    RUSH - €3.99 / £3.59
    Wii Fit U Quick Check (free!)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES, PAL ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
    RUSH (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until January 9
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 1

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - €34.99 / £28.49
    Cocoto Alien Brick Breaker - €19.99 / £17.99
    Girl's Fashion Shoot - €29.99 / £29.99
3DS eSHOP
    3D Ecco The Dolphin - €4.99 / £4.09
    3D Galaxy Force II - €4.99 / £4.49
    Nano Assault EX - €9.99 / £8.74 (permanent price reduction)
    Nano Assault EX (demo)
    AeternoBlade (demo)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong 3 (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 until January 9
    Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until January 2
    Bugs vs. Tanks (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until January 2
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until January 2
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until January 2
    The Starship Damrey (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until January 2
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.49 until January 9
    Heavy Fire: Black Arms 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until December 12
    Luxor (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until December 19
    Secret Mysteries in London (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until December 19
    Jewel Quest 4 Heritage (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until December 19
    4 Elements (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until December 19
    Darts Up 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until January 2

Wii Fit U Quick Check is an app you can install to your system that lets people with the retail version do the quick check without having to have the disc in the drive. If you have the download version of the game, you don't need this app.

RUSH is the third and final "Two Tribes Classics" game... this one's pretty much Chu Chu Rocket, isn't it? It's dirt cheap for a while, just like the other two, so jump on it while you can.

3D Ecco's enhancements include an invincibility toggle that lets you play the game without having to worry about drowning or being murdered every five seconds, among other things. 3D Galaxy Force II is actually based on the widescreen "Neo" version that M2 made for SEGA AGES on PS2, but you can unlock an arcade-accurate version, too. All the other console versions of this game are junk, so just being able to play a competent port will be fun enough, let alone in 3D.

Also note the Level-5 Guild sale, lots of interesting stuff there. (No Aero Porter, I guess they figured it was already cheap enough.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

AngryCaterpillar posted:

The 3DS doesn't have a high enough resolution for SNES games. The N64 remakes only work because they were adjusted accordingly.

You can emulate SNES games on 3DS just fine. I'm not a programmer, but if the people behind that could do it, surely Nintendo can figure something out? I mean, it probably involves some scaling or some poo poo, but I don't see why that's an automatic no-go for SNES games on 3DS virtual console.

AHungryRobot fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 9, 2013

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

FINALLY getting ALTTP. Happy about that.

And we have what...2 or 3 weeks for SMB3 to turn up before it's officially put off until 2014 after two directs saying we'd be getting it in 2013.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
He-hay! GET HYPE (even if it is lacking messaging or friend requests for no god drat good reason)!

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/09/emily-rogers-confirms-miiverse-coming-to-3ds-today-after-scheduled-maintenance/

Miiverse 3DS today!

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

DoctorWhat posted:

He-hay! GET HYPE (even if it is lacking messaging or friend requests for no god drat good reason)!

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/09/emily-rogers-confirms-miiverse-coming-to-3ds-today-after-scheduled-maintenance/

Miiverse 3DS today!

First comment:

quote:

Hey guize, let’s bitch and moan for Nintendo to put a WiiU exclusive feature, on 3DS instead of supporting them by buying the WiiU! Morons.

And then Nintendo actually caves and gives you troglodytes what you bitched for. You don’t deserve a company like Nintendo.

We are not worthy.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Uhhh didn't Nintendo announce that Miiverse would eventually be on 3DS as soon as they announced Miiverse? That guy is a tool.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
There's been a constant stream of idiots who feel the need to defend Nintendo all the time, no matter how dumb a decision they make.
People have only been excited for Miiverse under the theory that it would be an update that also introduced a proper account system, or the beginnings of one, rather than the lovely friend code system we've been lumbered with.
Unfortunately, due to the fact that Japanese parents don't seem to give enough of a gently caress if their daughters are selling their bodies for money or not, most of the useful features we were hoping for have been pulled from the 3DS Miiverse, but at least there's now a clear path for people to be able to regain their games if a 3DS is lost/stolen now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What time does the Club Nintendo rewards cycle out? Today the date for it being changed to the December offerings, but it still showing the old games.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Rirse posted:

What time does the Club Nintendo rewards cycle out? Today the date for it being changed to the December offerings, but it still showing the old games.

I don't think it has a set time, I'm pretty sure it's whenever someone in the office remembers to switch them out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rirse posted:

They pushed it back a day on the Club Nintendo website. Yesterday it said until the 8th, today it says until the 9th.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

Spacebump posted:

They pushed it back a day on the Club Nintendo website. Yesterday it said until the 8th, today it says until the 9th.
drat, of course they extend the rewards I don't want now that I have coins again. :mad: Though at least the Miiverse update comes out today, yay. :toot:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Spacebump posted:

That's pretty lame. Especially since that means it won't even be posted until tomororw then. Watch it be a bunch of garbage like Urban Champion, Donkey Kong NES with the missing pie factory, and two DSi shovelwares.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Donkey Kong NES with the pie factory level rules. :colbert:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I paid $40 to be able to jump over pies. I got a pretty fun fashion game as a bonus.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Miiverse is now on 3DS.

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

I was about to complain that it wasn't for me... then I turned my head and saw that little blue light. :)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm curious, since the store accounts are merged now, does that mean the Deluxe Edition's "Spend $50 and get $5 back" now applies to the 3DS?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Rirse posted:

I'm curious, since the store accounts are merged now, does that mean the Deluxe Edition's "Spend $50 and get $5 back" now applies to the 3DS?

If you mean the $5 eShop credit, I'm sure those were redeemable on the 3DS before.

If you mean 3DS eShop purchases giving points on the promotion, probably not. However, I did buy something off the 3DS eShop today, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow whether or not points get added!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Crap, I was out of commission for a little while and missed the update.

Anyway, here's the full changelog:

quote:

Version 7.0.0-13U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
Added Support for Nintendo Network IDs:

Users can now create or link a Nintendo Network ID, which is required to use some network services, from within System Settings
Nintendo eShop has been updated to support Nintendo Network IDs (*1)
For more information regarding Nintendo Network IDs, please visit our Nintendo Network ID introduction page
Added Support for Miiverse:

Users can now view and post to Miiverse from Nintendo 3DS family systems
For more information regarding Miiverse, please visit our Miiverse introduction page
Added a Software Update Notification:

A notification will now display when software is started and update data is available (*2)
Removed the limit to system transfers:

The previous limit of five system transfers per system has been removed
Changed the start-up method of Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu:

Pressing the L and R Buttons simultaneously will now start the Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu
Improved system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

*1 Credit card information stored on the Nintendo eShop will be deleted after this update is performed or after linking a new Nintendo Network ID
*2 SpotPass must be enabled to use this feature

It's a minor thing, but I'm really glad they changed the camera command to L+R, I was forever flipping to the camera accidentally.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
It's telling me that if I sign up to Nintendo Network, I'll lose my funds in other regions. If I sign up, will I lose my ability to switch regions and access games not available in my region? I'm asking this because I'm in Australia and some companies don't bother to pay to get games certified in my country (examples include Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Petit Computer). I suppose I could get away with it by permanently leaving the settings on United Kingdom, but I'd like to know for sure.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh right, I forgot to mention that!

Yeah, you'll be locked to whichever country is assigned to your NNID, which means no more country-switching. You can get around this on Wii U by setting up separate user profiles for different countries, but you're stuck with one profile on 3DS, so you'll just have to pick one and be prepared to stick with it.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
So I set up the new ID thing on my 3DS, Miiverse works but now I can't launch the eShop at all. :( I get error code 007-2100 - am I alone? Tried restarting my 3DS and using a different access point.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Babby Sathanas posted:

So I set up the new ID thing on my 3DS, Miiverse works but now I can't launch the eShop at all. :( I get error code 007-2100 - am I alone? Tried restarting my 3DS and using a different access point.

Same thing is happening to me

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They did add a lot of new little additions that make things less opaque, like a meat catalogue and an NPC that gives a basic breakdown of most of the systems, plus modern conveniences like visible encounters, party chat, save anywhere, etc. They compensated by making the bosses way harder and adding some new incomprehensible systems on top. SaGa, everyone!

The SaGa 3 remake is even more drastic, apparently. The main SaGa guy didn't work on the original game, so he decided he was gonna completely overhaul everything for the remake in order to bring it more in line with the other games. I haven't played it, but I vaguely remember something about time travel being a central battle mechanic.

I played both 2 and 3 for the DS as they came out, and I can barely remember either apparently, because when someone had asked me recently if I played either one, I had to think twice about it. So they aren't really anything special.

I probably played through SaGa II like 6 times as a kid, too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Oh right, I forgot to mention that!

Yeah, you'll be locked to whichever country is assigned to your NNID, which means no more country-switching. You can get around this on Wii U by setting up separate user profiles for different countries, but you're stuck with one profile on 3DS, so you'll just have to pick one and be prepared to stick with it.

Am I reading this right that you can get around region locks on the Wii U just by setting up a profile then? Madden was never released over here, but I'd like to try it some day if I can find it cheap...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Babby Sathanas posted:

The eShop is getting hammered, give it some time.

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh god, I'm horribly addicted to Animal Crossing, now this? :negative:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Most of miiverse seems to be in Japanese for me... Kinda annoying.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Babby Sathanas posted:

Most of miiverse seems to be in Japanese for me... Kinda annoying.
If you go into the settings you can change it to only display your language which makes it a lot more readable, but then you miss out on drawings by Japanese prodigies.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Crawfish posted:

FINALLY getting ALTTP. Happy about that.

And we have what...2 or 3 weeks for SMB3 to turn up before it's officially put off until 2014 after two directs saying we'd be getting it in 2013.

Hope LTTP hits US this week too, just blew some Club Nintendo coins on the Wii version to upgrade before the games change in a couple hours.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So with 3DS getting the Nintendo Network ID does this mean that your wallet is cross-platform now? I've been contemplating grabbing a couple of those discounted $50 eshop cards but I hate having to dedicate one to either 3DS or Wii U. If it works on both whenever the eShop unfucks itself I am tempted to grab a couple.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If you use the same Nintendo network id on both then your account balances are combined, yes.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Can I use the same account for all of 1 US region 3DS, 1 JP region 3DS, and 1 US region WiiU?

This might be an interesting prospect.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

greatn posted:

If you use the same Nintendo network id on both then your account balances are combined, yes.
Yeah it's great. I still have a big Wii U balance from that "add $100 to your account, get $10 extra credit" promotion, and it showed up on my 3DS when I went to the eShop after updating. Used some of it to buy a GameBoy VC game with no problem.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

ookiimarukochan posted:

There's been a constant stream of idiots who feel the need to defend Nintendo all the time, no matter how dumb a decision they make.
People have only been excited for Miiverse under the theory that it would be an update that also introduced a proper account system, or the beginnings of one, rather than the lovely friend code system we've been lumbered with.
Unfortunately, due to the fact that Japanese parents don't seem to give enough of a gently caress if their daughters are selling their bodies for money or not, most of the useful features we were hoping for have been pulled from the 3DS Miiverse, but at least there's now a clear path for people to be able to regain their games if a 3DS is lost/stolen now.

Yeah, It's those little japanese 12 year old sluts fault we can't online videogame!! :bahgawd:

Is there anyway to use this as a makeshift game organizer? Like, post a thing that my friends could see saying "get in my animal crossing town" or whatever? That's really all I want to be able to do.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Stan Taylor posted:

Yeah, It's those little japanese 12 year old sluts fault we can't online videogame!! :bahgawd:

Is there anyway to use this as a makeshift game organizer? Like, post a thing that my friends could see saying "get in my animal crossing town" or whatever? That's really all I want to be able to do.

You could make a post, and it would be timestamped, publicly on the AC board. Everyone on the board would see it, tho they couldn't really do much about it, but if your friends are "following" you the message will ALSO appear on their Activity Feed(s).

It wouldn't send a notification to them, though, unfortunately, and the 3DS version of Miiverse doesn't support PMs, as has been established. Better than nothing, but it could be so much better.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

BabyRyoga posted:

Can I use the same account for all of 1 US region 3DS, 1 JP region 3DS, and 1 US region WiiU?

This might be an interesting prospect.

I haven't tried but I doubt it. The NNID disclaimer screen before you create/link one has something along the lines of "the region set on the 3DS and the region of the NNID must match".

Plus, y'know, Nintendo's dumb refusal of letting you use the same account on multiple hardware systems.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You can only connect your NNID to one 3DS. It says this in big bold letters when you connect for the first time.

It also said 3DS Miiverse does not support friend requests AT THIS TIME, which I assume means they'll add full functionality later.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Stan Taylor posted:

Fault of their parents, I said. And "underage girls may use it to arrange sex for money" has hosed over pretty much every internet service in Japan with UGC - it's one of the big reasons for the collapse in popularity of Mixi amongst other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm intrigued to know what everyone is referring to, but there's not much I can type into Google without ending up on a list... any links?