Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

OK Some Butt Stuff posted:

The UK's national food is eggs?

Probably more work safe than finding somewhere to stuff a battered fish on a naked model.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

A funny picture, and a calendar I'd hang on my wall.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Yep, the internet pretty much ruined it.

Edit: You're all really bad at associating. Just saying.

mcbexx has a new favorite as of 23:29 on Dec 10, 2013

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That looks nothing like what you think it is. You people made goatse tedious.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

OK Some Butt Stuff posted:

The UK's national food is eggs?

Close, it's actually "anything as long as it's fried".

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Aston posted:

Close, it's actually "anything as long as it's fried".

That's Scotland.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Geokinesis posted:

That's Scotland.

No, theirs is "anything as long as it's deep fried".

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Atmus posted:

The main thing I remember about that rag was a story about some sex-crazed sea turtle that was raping vacationers in Hawaii or something. This was in the 90's sometime.

That is based on truth.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Baby arms of color, you otherizing jerk!

(she has heterochromia, she isn't actually rolling her eyes)

I love dogs with heterochromia :3:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

mcbexx posted:

Yep, the internet pretty much ruined it.

You need to seriously spend a good long time examining a picture of a man's gaping anus if you think this picture resembles it.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

There is no good ending to a goose confrontation. Either you're the guy who everyone saw get his rear end beat by a goose, or you're the guy who everyone saw punch a goose.

I wish I knew this when I was living at Treasure Island (a kind of suburb near San Francisco). I kept seeing those little turds (and the poo poo they laid on the sidewalk) everyday.

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

fermun posted:

You need to seriously spend a good long time examining a picture of a man's gaping anus if you think this picture resembles it.

That's natural to second wave goatseists.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Perhaps more awesome than funny, but I like to imagine that the frame was deliberately selected by Sirs Patrick and Ian:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So does he take all his clothes off every time he masturbates?

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Phlegmish posted:

The intricacies of the work jerk are a little advanced for little children, don't you think?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

budgieinspector posted:

Perhaps more awesome than funny, but I like to imagine that the frame was deliberately selected by Sirs Patrick and Ian:

It's quite possible they did. It doesn't really look like a photoshop to me (not obviously, anyway), and judging by the background behind them they either went to Coney Island and got it there or just went to one of the sidewalk photo kiosks around Times Square and picked the Coney background.

Edit:

I kind of like the idea that Vladimir and Estragon got tired of waiting and just took off to go ride the Cyclone.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Dec 11, 2013

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

The Mentalizer posted:

It's quite possible they did. It doesn't really look like a photoshop to me

After learning that Teddy Roosevelt didn't actually ride a moose, and that I unquestioningly accepted circa-1912 photo fakery because it looked badass, I'm doing my best never to get my hopes up again.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

budgieinspector posted:

Yeah they did, they both posted it to their Facebook/Twitter pages like a month ago.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Feels good man.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

budgieinspector posted:

After learning that Teddy Roosevelt didn't actually ride a moose, and that I unquestioningly accepted circa-1912 photo fakery because it looked badass, I'm doing my best never to get my hopes up again.

That's a pretty fun article. My favorite part:

quote:

At first glance, the photo on the left may look like another example of old fashioned automation—yesterday's great promise for the libraries of the future. But it's actually a Photoshop job, most likely concocted in the 21st century.

The photo actually shows a "robot" vending machine that dispensed cigarettes at the Berlin Zoo in 1955.

Somehow, the truth behind this photo is even stranger than the fictionalized version. According to its caption at Getty Images: "The machine thanks customers on payment for the cigarettes, and at the same time gives road safety advice. Road accident scenes are projected in the robot's eyes."

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

How do we know that Weekly World News aren't the only ones telling the truth? :tinfoil:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Discospawn posted:

Feels good man.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Discospawn posted:

Feels good man.
Merry Christmas!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just got put on some weird lists, man.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Is that lady an oompa loompa? :wtc:

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

CJacobs posted:

There's a third kid who got cropped out; you can see its hand overlapping the middle kid's. God knows what horror it's up to that it can't be seen.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

Merry Christmas!

So are the middle two mannequins or...?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

don Jaime posted:

There's a third kid who got cropped out; you can see its hand overlapping the middle kid's. God knows what horror it's up to that it can't be seen.

Holy poo poo, you're right. I've seen that picture posted here so many times and I never noticed that. It's kind of sinister, almost.

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

It's kind of sinister, almost.

:golfclap:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'm guessing the final kid was really little and buck naked, so whoever posted it originally cut them out.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
"Clown College"

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

mrkillboy posted:

"Clown College"

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Please tell me these are real.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

don Jaime posted:

I'm betting its the daughter.

Ninja Gamer
Nov 3, 2004

Through howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

If you liked the Weekly World News then you'll love this

Thank for this. I have no idea what happened to my copy of the issue my mother and brother appeared in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rabble posted:

Please tell me these are real.

They are. Comcast has a lot of stuff like that.

• Locked thread