Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
We need to organize a goon tourney, but I don't even know whose a goon on there or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I don't play much, but for what it's worth I play under the name "Disneyland". If friends lists work add me on there.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
Sign me up, I'm Solaris.

Of course I have crazy weird hours. So maybe I'd just be able to play a 2 person tournament with Grim :smith:

Edit: I made a Googledoc so we can have a spreadsheet of who's who.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai6sxA02g4p-dFpJTm9IQ2F6ckhlRXc3b25kV1dOUFE&usp=sharing

Afgad fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Dec 10, 2013

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I'm DMW45 on there, add me to the list.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I'm in as "Surprise."

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I'm Disappointment.

Also, seems like they're streaming at 11 PST today on GameSpot. No idea what about.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

On my phone, so someone please add me on the doc. Same name as here.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I'm Toast on there. Haven't really been playing much yet, though. Just waiting for more features.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Haven't really been playing much yet, though. Just waiting for draft.

It's pretty much all I really enjoy about CCGs.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm in as Terrordrome.

After playing a ton once they let everybody in I pretty much slowed down until they start adding stuff.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

In as Cthulhuhoop.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
In as Fleshmire.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
The ability to make sidedecks are coming in with Tournaments, Slacker Backer is going to close 'in the not too distant future,' and the card manager is going to be revamped soon.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
In as Brixx. Gaming hours are a bit odd at the moment but sure I've seen a few other goons online.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

On my phone as well, but I'm pretty sure my name is Morgant. Haven't played in a few weeks at least, was also waiting for more stability/features.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

I added all of you guys to the document, but I'd like to point out I made the document public. That means you can add yourself.

It'd be swell if everyone added their timezone. It'd help when arranging tournaments.

Should we put the spreadsheet in the OP?

Edit: Nevermind, I am dumb. Google made it so anyone can "view" it. Ok. I changed it to "edit" now. Sorry about that.

Afgad fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Dec 11, 2013

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I think the patch is going in on Thursday instead of Wednesday now, though.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27943&page=6&p=326942&viewfull=1#post326942

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

I wonder if "because the holiday is nearly upon us" means "we're adding special holiday events/content" or "we want to make this extra shiny so we can go on vacation and still remain on schedule."

Both are good news, if true!

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Considering the majority of the game isn't even functional I get the impression that special holiday content is very low on their list of priorities.

p.s.: Is the Friends List non-functional? I can pull up the pane but I can't seem to put people on it.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I had a lot of trouble with the friends list, but it should send the person a confirmation before they turn up on your list

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Afgad posted:

Sign me up, I'm Solaris.

Of course I have crazy weird hours. So maybe I'd just be able to play a 2 person tournament with Grim :smith:

Edit: I made a Googledoc so we can have a spreadsheet of who's who.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai6sxA02g4p-dFpJTm9IQ2F6ckhlRXc3b25kV1dOUFE&usp=sharing

Added myself. I may have to adjust it since I haven't logged in since they removed the ability to have spaces in user names and I'm not sure what that means for my previously space containing name. :)

I plan on playing more now that tourney stuff is going in. Patching now.

*edit* Still has the space for now.

King Burgundy fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 11, 2013

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
I haven't played much recently, but I added myself to the list. Hex name is the same is here.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Oh hey the tournament starts today, the tournament I specifically installed the client for.

The tournament I forgot to sign up for.

:smith:

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Vincent Valentine posted:

Oh hey the tournament starts today, the tournament I specifically installed the client for.

Huh? What tournament? I haven't seen a patch. Did they add content without patching the client?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yea, what choo talkin bout Vincent?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Someone was holding an unofficial tournament today, the patch and tournament alpha is still tomorrow.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Yeah that, people were talking in chat about "The Tournament" and who they were up against so I thought maybe people were entering on the forums or something.

My bad!

P.s.: Does anyone have some suggestions for a good monoblue artifact+dwarf deck?

I really like my shin'hare deck but too many games I haven't gotten the right spread of shards fast enough despite my curve stopping at 3. With Dwarves I was making GBS threads out robots and things as fast as I could draw them, but I just sort of cobbled together something terrible and didn't really know what I was doing.

Vincent Valentine fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 12, 2013

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

P.s.: Does anyone have some suggestions for a good monoblue artifact+dwarf deck?
Don't play it, since after the changes to several key pieces it's pretty much just garbage.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Thats not necessarily the case, while elite battle tech sucks now, it can still be good with volcannon spam, has a good bomb with Slaughtergear, and with some red for the machinist and assault technician, can be powerful.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

It just doesn't get going fast enough, though. Prior to a multitude of changes, you could spam bots with factories and cheat out affinity guys quickly to try and get ahead (you still lost to heat wave/extinction). Now you roll out slow, affinity is weaker since it only applies to artifact creatures, and you still have the bulk of weaknesses you had before.

Also, Slaughtergear is a PvE card - not sure if that matters in the tournament, but it takes away one of the few legs the deck stands on right now as is.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

The deck I was using was red/blue, 4 research librarian, 4 technical genius, 4 war machinist, 4 Burn to the Ground, 4 pterobot, 4 charge bot, 3 volcannon, 3 Argus, 4 War Hulk plans, and a few other cards depending on mood.

I learned to stay away from the Inspiration Engine because it's just too erratic. You'd spend five turns pumping it then get five more turns of Cosmic Totems before it pumped out anything useful. I think the better approach is to try to make the deck as "speedy" as possible -- use the advantage of technicians, hex engines, etc., to get Big Artifacts like Argus or Eternal Guardian out quickly, and/or spam little robots and use war hulk plans and volcannon for big direct damage.

I agree that overall the dwarf deck isn't "competitive" right now though. It's fun to play but it's not going to be winning any tournaments. Takes too long to develop.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Is there any comprehensive way to see what cards have changed recently? The official forums don't really seem to list anything.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Mikujin posted:

Also, Slaughtergear is a PvE card

No, he isn't.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

It looks like the patch is up now!

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Apparently Robot Decks may be good in Set 2, watching Cory's match against jtatta, he mentioned some low cost robots are coming in in Set 2

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

So how many months of set 1 are we going to get anyway? I thought we'd get at least 6 months of post-beta set 1.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Cory said in an interview that they were targeting 4 sets per year, so I'd assume at most 3 months of post-beta set 1.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm enjoying constructed tournaments so far, but I'm sure as soon as I lose a game I'll hate them!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Grim posted:

I'm enjoying constructed tournaments so far, but I'm sure as soon as I lose a game I'll hate them!

Yup, this is great. I'm pretty excited that this is in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
How long does a tourney typically take? I don't often have 3+ hours where I can sit at the computer uninterrupted.

• Locked thread