Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

DoctorWhat posted:

If they're very careful they could spin this to their advantage. Make sure ALL the preorders get filled, take the hit, reinforce that they're a trustworthy company, AND make some jokes about just how drat fun their product is.

This toy was so good, the shipping company threw them overboard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Good enough to get reprimanded for!

Octopus Approved!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Arsenal_12 posted:

Did anyone else order the Glacial Lord figures off FPCore? Because apparently an entire order of one of them is now at the bottom of the ocean.

https://www.fpcore.com/news/2013/12/09/retro-future-update-megazero-shipment-destroyed

The funniest part of that is that the crane operator was messing with one and caused the accident because he wasn't paying attention.

From the writing of this it sounds like complete bullshit. I bet someone on the ship knew what they had and offloaded it to some shady third party third party. Like seriously, who lets their crane operator OPEN a shipment and play with the contents and then he just happens to drop them over the side of a loving boat. What?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The Rage posted:

From the writing of this it sounds like complete bullshit. I bet someone on the ship knew what they had and offloaded it to some shady third party third party. Like seriously, who lets their crane operator OPEN a shipment and play with the contents and then he just happens to drop them over the side of a loving boat. What?
Hey, where'd you get that?
It fell off the back of a truck the side of a boat into the ocean and then I found it there. On the ocean floor.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

TheDK posted:

It fell off the back of a truck the side of a boat into the ocean and then I found it there. On the ocean floor.

A likely story!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

TheDK posted:

I refuse to buy fourth-party toys from the back of a boat.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Wait, what are first-party toys? Are they transformers made by actual transformers?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Captain Magic posted:

Wait, what are first-party toys? Are they transformers made by actual transformers?

I'd assume it's robots you build yourself from scratch, but should a space bridge open in the aisle the next time I hit TRU and a large metal hand comes through depositing toys into my arms I will totally go with your definition.

edit: Thinking about it, would it be a toy that built itself? That'd be deep, man.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 10, 2013

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I have Smartrobin in my hands at last. He is lovely. Can't wait for Weirdwolf and Mindwipe.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Do you have Code? People always seem divided about him.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Yes. I got Code through TFsource when it was less than $80. I believe you get what you pay for it in transformation and materials quality. In contrast, iGear Outback cost me about $59 or something and the second I transformed it the front wheels just snapped off.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, I sort of figured I could forgive some minor articulation problems (mainly on the shoulders) on Chromedome since the whole transformation is so creative and fun looking. The other FP headmasters only look even better in that regard!

I might finally bite (:drac:) when Mindwipe comes out, he looks awesome.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
itshappening.gif

I cannot properly express how glad I am to see this trend developing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Keldroc posted:

itshappening.gif

No ankle tilts, 0/10 would not buy.

OH MY GOD YES

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

itshappening.gif

On one hand I'm sort of disappointed because he's taking up a slot that could have been given to a random G1 guy and I've already got a complete collection of Beast Wars to boot.

On the other hand it's a gorgeous show accurate figure and I am going to get it. It's worlds better than Cheetor or Dinobot.

I also hope he gets a blue repaint into Pack-Rat or something weird. I have the Transmetal Blue Rattrap/Wal-Rat/Whatever it's called and it's disappointing that the original basic version was a convention exclusive. Although it's not below Hasbro to redo former botcon exclusive guys in newer molds. I mean it came out in 1997 they could do a mass release for generations by re-using Generations Rattrap.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 11, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I want to know what the other 3 Generations reveals will be!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

I want to know what the other 3 Generations reveals will be!

Thunderclash, Arcee, and Broadside. :colbert:

The one I'm curious about is Tankor. I mean is it Beast Machines Tankor? Is it Universe 2.0 Tankor the triple changer? Is it Cybertron Tankor?

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 11, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TFW seems to suspect Tankor, Crosscut and Nightbeat based on some earlier database leaks.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

TFW seems to suspect Tankor, Crosscut and Nightbeat based on some earlier database leaks.

Crosscut is going to be a Swerve Repaint. Feels way too soon since the original mold just came out.

I'm wondering if Tankor could wind up being the mythical Lugnut retool. The Universe Tankor turned into a cargo plane which is what Voyager Lugnut is. The retooled head still has that weird cyclopean eye which could pass for Beast machines Tankor.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 11, 2013

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Keldroc posted:

itshappening.gif

I was super ecstatic until I saw the knees.

I really REALLY hope that it's grey plastic painted and not a metallic plastic that makes up the inner part of the knees.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hmm, Nightbeat could be a retooled Skids?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I got my copy of Covenant of Primus today. The transforming case gimmick is pretty nifty. Haven't had an opportunity to dive into the book yet.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Lepecard posted:

I really REALLY hope that it's grey plastic painted and not a metallic plastic that makes up the inner part of the knees.

Hasbro claims they've solved the GPS issue, so hopefully it's a moot point.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Lepecard posted:

It looks like its paint and not gold plastic.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got a bunch of TF goodies in the mail from Amazon today!

- MTMTE vol 5
- RID vol 4 and 5
- Generations Legends Starscream/Waspinator
- Generations Legends Megatron/Chop Shop

Looks like I'll be up late doing some reading tonight!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

Hmm, Nightbeat could be a retooled Skids?

Crosscut is a repainted Skids(since the only image of him coming up and previous toy is a repainted Skids). Having yet another repaint when the original figure is still on the rack would probably be less than ideal(Thundercracker and Skywarp, Megatron and Dreadwing).

I think Nightbeat is going to be his own mold. If he's going to be a repaint I'd say he would wind up using Universe 2.0 Hotshot's mold because it's a car that has a chunky robot mode.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

It looks like its paint and not gold plastic.
It looks like it's Hasbro photo shoop, really.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

itshappening.gif

There's some potential there for the most disturbing robot mode penis yet, depending on how that tail's articulated.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Knormal posted:

There's some potential there for the most disturbing robot mode penis yet, depending on how that tail's articulated.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought, "welp, rat tail penis" from this shot

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Keldroc posted:

itshappening.gif

My life is complete.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Beast Hunter Shockwave is amazing. It's an almost perfect figure, with the only serious flaws I can see in the robot mode(haven't transformed it yet) being the legs. They're mostly pretty great, but the lack of ankles means the massively flared shins obstruct him from standing in almost any non-rigid pose, or you have to get creative to make them not hit each other while maintaining balance. But the gun, the gun's gimmick, and most everything else is great. The wrist on the hand arm slightly obstructs the hand itself, restricting it.

Otherwise, outstanding figure. Has Shockwave ever had an outright bad figure, let alone one that's merely average? His Fall of Cybertron figure is one of the best Transformers I've had, maybe ever. It's got excellent articulation, a kickin' rad altmode, and his gun is both optional AND fits seamlessly onto either arm to form the iconic Shockwave gun-arm.

I've got literal piles of Transformers here now, how's the FOC Soundwave mold? It looks good but I'd like to hear opinions on it before I open one.

Gonna crack open a Trailcutter and Hoist soon.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Otherwise, outstanding figure. Has Shockwave ever had an outright bad figure, let alone one that's merely average?

I wouldn't call any of the Shockwaves I have "bad," but Energon Shockwave/blast/whatever, FoC Shockwave, BH Shockwave and TFA Shockwave all suffer from the "incredibly vague arrangement of robot parts into probably a vehicular thing of some kind if you squint" alt mode problem. Shockwave figures are pretty much made to be robots, which is fine by me considering how iconic his robot design is, but I'd say no Shockwave has had a decent alt mode since the Binaltech/Alternator RX-8.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Keldroc posted:

itshappening.gif

The rat ears are really bothering me, but otherwise it's excellent. It even looks like there's a spot for bombs in his forearms!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

I've got literal piles of Transformers here now, how's the FOC Soundwave mold? It looks good but I'd like to hear opinions on it before I open one.

Gonna crack open a Trailcutter and Hoist soon.

I have the Blaster version, the gimmick is a bit poo poo but he's a neat figure. Pretty big and imposing.

And yeah, BH shockwave is very cool if a bit lazy in the transformation aspect. The legs are less of a problem for me if you pose it like his huge arm cannon weighs him down (instead of leaving the legs straight). Otherwise I've read that some people disassemble the hips and sanded down the ratchets a bit, but I haven't needed to do that with mine.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Captain Invictus posted:

Beast Hunter Shockwave is amazing. It's an almost perfect figure, with the only serious flaws I can see in the robot mode (haven't transformed it yet)

That's why you think he's a perfect figure. Put him into his lovely tank mode and you might change your mind.

His tread-cable is also very weird and almost seems like it's not in the right spot, and it also limits articulation a lot, but you have the option of not using it, which is probably your best bet.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I quite liked the DoTM Shockwave, although vehicle mode is still something of a "because we said so" deal, and he shares all the other movie decepticon aesthetics of looking like he was tackwelded together from someone's knife collection.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Keldroc posted:

itshappening.gif

Oh my godddd. His forearms look like they open up. Maybe he'll come with sticky bombs!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I'm pretty disappointed with FoC Shockwave. My number one complaint is how loving small he is, but that is an issue with the entire FoC line and cannot be blamed solely on Shockwave. Fact remains, dude is tiny. Another issue I have with him, as mentioned by Keldroc is his stupid alt mode. His weapon, while it fits nicely in the whatever-alt mode, falls apart with the slightest touch (at least on mine), so the guns sucks too.

Shockwave is the only FoC bot I have, and will be the last. That said, I have been tempted to pick up the Takara Air Raid remold on a few occasions. If I didn't already have a :krad: Quakewave I would totally be all over that BH Shockwave. He looks really menacing (for a claw-tank-thing) and I liked what Sobolov did with his voice.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
The thing I find crazy about the FoC Shockwave is that the remold has a peg that you could use to actually make him have a gun mode held by another toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TheDK posted:

I'm pretty disappointed with FoC Shockwave. My number one complaint is how loving small he is, but that is an issue with the entire FoC line and cannot be blamed solely on Shockwave. Fact remains, dude is tiny. Another issue I have with him, as mentioned by Keldroc is his stupid alt mode. His weapon, while it fits nicely in the whatever-alt mode, falls apart with the slightest touch (at least on mine), so the guns sucks too.

Your other complaints are true, but the loose gun must be on your figure (or some sort of mistransformation) since it's not common at all. I still like the lil' guy, and apparently he's not that big in the game either.

But totally get Air Raid, he's awesome.