Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gyges posted:

How did he even activate Susano without magic eyes?

I wanna say that, mythologically, Susano is represented by the nose, and Madara still has his.

(Amaterasu is the left and Tsukuyomi is the right)

(still BS)

edit for spoilers in case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gyges posted:

How did he even activate Susano without magic eyes?

Yeah, no poo poo, right?!

If you're just gonna have him tank everything, then regenerate and then use eye techniques then what the gently caress was the point of taking away his immortal regenerating body that HAD EYES.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I think the idea is now that he has the First's chakra, he's pretty much invincible now.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

The thing that gets me is that he just slapped his eye right in there, no surgery, no having to connect the nerves, no recovery process, not even an rear end pull "now just a quick healing jutsu to get the eye working." Popped it right the gently caress in through the socket in the bone that's designed to not let eyes through and it's working perfectly. I mean the eyes in this manga have been getting crazier and more bullshit as time has gone on, but at least the transfer of them has followed some sort of actual medical logic sorta. loving Sasuke needed a week or something to rest before he could use his super duper duper eyes.

Everything's been gone to stupid ever since Sasuke summoned Manda with no chakra, but even then Kishimoto hadn't just ignored how bodies work without at least a little bit of chakrababble.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Madara just pulled an arm and eye out of his rear end.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Is that worth more or less than an arm and a leg? :v:

This was amusing and almost exactly as expected. Only differences is that I expected him to immidiately seal at least one tailed beast and not using Susano without eyes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You know I would not have imagined that the dude that got summoned by Orochimaru a million years ago would be responsible for so much dumb power creep bullshit down the line. It really makes it hard to like Hashirama even slightly because he doesn't seem human.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Madara was suppoed to be better then his prime but so far everything that happened in this chapter is bull. Lee Kicked the guy in half yet the tailed beasts did nothing?

Caros
May 14, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Madara was suppoed to be better then his prime but so far everything that happened in this chapter is bull. Lee Kicked the guy in half yet the tailed beasts did nothing?

Wouldn't that just be amazing tho?

"Oh, you've managed to trap my movements with your sand bullets and..."
"Konoha Senpu!!!"
*Madara hits the ground in two halves, spends the next chapter trying to drag his torso to his legs*.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Lee Kicked the guy in half yet the tailed beasts did nothing?

What was Lee's km/h during the time? This is important.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Maybe he was protecting himself by momentarily activating Susanoo (with his nose)? That's the best I can come up with.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Which is probably the same BS explanation as to why the seal didn't work.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
This chapter could literally have been condensed in to the last one. This is Bleach levels of wasted time / loving boring.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Akett posted:

Everything's been gone to stupid ever since Sasuke summoned Manda with no chakra, but even then Kishimoto hadn't just ignored how bodies work without at least a little bit of chakrababble.

Holy poo poo, that was the moment of peak stupidity for me, too. Intense battle, nobody likes Sasuke, whatever, explosions everywhere, nice. Suddenly, suicide bomb. And Sasuke escapes in the most bullshit manner. It wasn't just a blatant asspull - it was a blatant asspull that happened to the character least deserving of one.

I mean, hell, it's made-up nonsense Magic Jedi Ninja stuff. You can always keep in backdoors because you can literally establish anything beforehand. Yet somehow, this manga fails at that all the time.

I'm so mad at these Magic Jedi Ninjas :mad:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BlitzBlast posted:

I think the idea is now that he has the First's chakra, he's pretty much invincible now.

He had it before because Kabuto tweaked Edo Tensei to super zombie him up with a 1st's face on his chest. Despite his bullshit claims to the contrary, there is no reason that he should be better as an eyeless living dude with limited chakra than as an immortal double eyed zombie with limitless chakra. Ok he needs to do it for his master plan, but he should be weaker, not stronger.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Akett posted:

When did that happen?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Gyges posted:

He had it before because Kabuto tweaked Edo Tensei to super zombie him up with a 1st's face on his chest. Despite his bullshit claims to the contrary, there is no reason that he should be better as an eyeless living dude with limited chakra than as an immortal double eyed zombie with limitless chakra. Ok he needs to do it for his master plan, but he should be weaker, not stronger.

Wait a minute, I just remembered that Kabuto Edo'd the previous Jinchuriki and put the tailed beasts back into them to serve as Obito's six paths. Complete with all of them having a Sharingan and a Rinnegan?
So why couldn't the tentails be sealed in an Edo Tensei zombie?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Could this even be called powercreep at this point? It's like if during the Frieza Saga, Goku achieved super saiyans 1 through 3 within 1 hour of instory time. And then King Cold comes in and is still beyond that.

Madara is just so over the top at this point. Maybe they'll end up Edo Tensei'ing the original Sage of the 6 Paths and he'll stop all of this nonsense. His name? Kishimoto.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

VJeff posted:

When did that happen?

When Sasuke fought Deidara. Deidara was going nuclear to finish off Sasuke after kicking his rear end. Sasuke was barely able to move, but managed to summon Manda, use Tsukiyomi to hypnotize Manda (because Manda listens to no human other than Orochimaru, snake contract be damned), then hide in Manda's mouth to escape the explosion. This resulted in Manda dying, and all of that happened in one second.

Darth TNT posted:

Wait a minute, I just remembered that Kabuto Edo'd the previous Jinchuriki and put the tailed beasts back into them to serve as Obito's six paths. Complete with all of them having a Sharingan and a Rinnegan?
So why couldn't the tentails be sealed in an Edo Tensei zombie?

Something something origin of all chakra ever something.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Akett posted:

The thing that gets me is that he just slapped his eye right in there, no surgery, no having to connect the nerves, no recovery process, not even an rear end pull "now just a quick healing jutsu to get the eye working." Popped it right the gently caress in through the socket in the bone that's designed to not let eyes through and it's working perfectly.

What's the standard medical procedure for transplanting magical God eyes? Are you honestly complaining about the logistics of this in a series where people loving summon Battle Frogs using their blood? Maybe that dumb fuckin face he has grafted has a sharingan or the rinnegan is easier to transplant or merging the senju and uchiha chakra lets him fart out susanos since he's already unlocked it with the sharingan. It's pretty obvious that the first's chakra gives him insane powers.

Though I remember people complaining when Rin did the eye transplant for Kakashi because it wasn't realistic so what ya gunna do.

razamataza fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 11, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

When did that happen?

After a lengthy fight of Sasuke outcooling Deidara, they are both near death and Sasuke has no chakra left, meanwhile Deidara activates his massive self destruction. Sasuke in the span of literally 1 second summons Manda (With no Chakra?), hypnotizes him to open his mouth, jump in, close Manda's mouth, and then still find enough chakra to teleport away as the explosion murders the poo poo out of Manda. Meanwhile, Suigetsu in some other place summons Manda knowing Sasuke was planning to do this or something and Manda is dead, spits Sasuke out, and the worst Sasuke has is his injuries prior to Manda eating him.

It was the height of stupid bullshit with Sasuke and even Itachi dying at the last second does not top it for stupid loving climaxes to big fights.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Regarding this chapter, I just thought Zetsu's zetsuness was what allowed the eye to be reconnected, it's covered in his gross cell gunk after all.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Sex_Ferguson posted:

After a lengthy fight of Sasuke outcooling Deidara, they are both near death and Sasuke has no chakra left, meanwhile Deidara activates his massive self destruction. Sasuke in the span of literally 1 second summons Manda (With no Chakra?), hypnotizes him to open his mouth, jump in, close Manda's mouth, and then still find enough chakra to teleport away as the explosion murders the poo poo out of Manda. Meanwhile, Suigetsu in some other place summons Manda knowing Sasuke was planning to do this or something and Manda is dead, spits Sasuke out, and the worst Sasuke has is his injuries prior to Manda eating him.

It was the height of stupid bullshit with Sasuke and even Itachi dying at the last second does not top it for stupid loving climaxes to big fights.

Sasuke clearly saved enough Chakra to summon Manda for a worst case scenario though? Makes sense considering Suigetsu knew beforehand to be ready to summon him.

razamataza fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 11, 2013

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Pyrotoad posted:

Regarding this chapter, I just thought Zetsu's zetsuness was what allowed the eye to be reconnected, it's covered in his gross cell gunk after all.

Yeah, that's probably it. The thing that bothered me the most about the chapter is that it's not entirely clear what Madara did with Zetsu's arm. For whatever reason Madara cut Zetsu's arm off and then attached it to his collarbone or something? Then the next panel the arm's gone and Madara has his Rinnegan back. It's really weird.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

King of Solomon posted:

Yeah, that's probably it. The thing that bothered me the most about the chapter is that it's not entirely clear what Madara did with Zetsu's arm. For whatever reason Madara cut Zetsu's arm off and then attached it to his collarbone or something? Then the next panel the arm's gone and Madara has his Rinnegan back. It's really weird.

He used it to replace his arm and then used said arm to slam his eye back into his head.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Madara's right arm gets cut off at the bicep when all the tailed beasts hit him with their tails. (Guess this isn't your ordinary blunt force.) Then Zetsu appears with Madara's right eye in his right hand.

http://readms.com/r/naruto/658/2177/19

In the previous page Zetsu extends his arm to hand Madara his eye and Madara acts like he's just going to take it from his hand. In the linked page he instead cuts off Zetsu's arm (which is still holding the eye), grabs the dismembered arm at the bicep, and jams the arm into his stump. The eye is still in Madara's new arm (good thing dismembered arms can still properly hold things I guess?), so he brings it up to his socket and plops the eye right in. It's kind of a slick series of movements actually, instant arm and eye attachment aside.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Ah, thank you. I must have missed that, because it looked like he had both arms when he grabbed Zetsu's arm.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

razamataza posted:

Sasuke clearly saved enough Chakra to summon Manda for a worst case scenario though? Makes sense considering Suigetsu knew beforehand to be ready to summon him.

Except there's a myriad of problems with the ending to that fight no matter how you look at it? Okay so Sasuke had a massive reserve of chakra? From what? His cursed seal that he had been liberally using throught the whole fight? Hell, he's barely able to make a bolt of lightning to stop the clay snake from getting him. Suigetsu was there as a backup? How did Sasuke plan for a fight he not only did not initiate, but never knew he would get into nor did he know anything about the enemy. Okay so Sasuke has that Manda plan as back up for a worst-case scenario? That seems like a pretty specific back up for Deidara, there's not a lot of circumstances even in Naruto land where a massive nuclear explosion could happen, only some of the later stuff compares and even that's stupid.

It's not even just that he had no chakra, it's the fact he did all of that in time to escape a nuclear loving explosion and the worst he's got is his dumb snake died which he didn't even care about. Kishimoto wrote Sasuke into an unwinnable situation and chose a deus ex machina so his story could continue as planned. The scene is just so poorly conveyed too, like not once before the explosion are we ever given any indication that Sasuke is holding chakra, especially when he flat out states he has none left. If that's a lie then it's never even hinted to the audience it is one since Sasuke gives no indication he's lying. It's not even explained while it's happening, the chapter ends with the explosion, next chapter starts with Suigetsu summoning Manda, Manda's corpse spitting out Sasuke and then Sasuke just exposits what happened.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 11, 2013

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Presumably if you have Hashirama's chakra/abilities you are constantly regenerating (remember Madara mentioning this to Tsunade?). So if you pop your missing eyeball back into its socket, the regeneration ability "heals" the injury thus no medical techniques necessary. However this does not explain why he needed a zetsu arm and couldn't just regenerate that on his own.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
The story has come to be way too low for my taste on those parts where we learn something new about the plot, or see a character having interaction with another character that we haven't gone over already.

During the last 50-odd chapters motives have come and gone, side characters have jumped into the spotlight and back out, and villains have rampaged and repented, and yet I still somehow can't remember a time when we were not watching a Big Horrible Powerful Thingamabob Ineffectually Raining Destruction on A Bunch of Interchangeable Good Guys Because Reasons While They Wail on It Ineffectually in Return Because Friendship.

Also as far as fights go, it's not very interesting to watch a glorified Pokemon battle where each party inexplicably busts out big honking attacks and tanks the other party's big honking attacks until someone's HP runs out.

Grumble grunt.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Uchihas: Miracle bullshit ninjas. Miracle bullshit surgeons.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Except there's a myriad of problems with the ending to that fight no matter how you look at it? Okay so Sasuke had a massive reserve of chakra? From what? His cursed seal that he had been liberally using throught the whole fight? Hell, he's barely able to make a bolt of lightning to stop the clay snake from getting him. Suigetsu was there as a backup? How did Sasuke plan for a fight he not only did not initiate, but never knew he would get into nor did he know anything about the enemy. Okay so Sasuke has that Manda plan as back up for a worst-case scenario? That seems like a pretty specific back up for Deidara, there's not a lot of circumstances even in Naruto land where a massive nuclear explosion could happen, only some of the later stuff compares and even that's stupid.

It's not even just that he had no chakra, it's the fact he did all of that in time to escape a nuclear loving explosion and the worst he's got is his dumb snake died which he didn't even care about. Kishimoto wrote Sasuke into an unwinnable situation and chose a deus ex machina so his story could continue as planned. The scene is just so poorly conveyed too, like not once before the explosion are we ever given any indication that Sasuke is holding chakra, especially when he flat out states he has none left. If that's a lie then it's never even hinted to the audience it is one since Sasuke gives no indication he's lying. It's not even explained while it's happening, the chapter ends with the explosion, next chapter starts with Suigetsu summoning Manda, Manda's corpse spitting out Sasuke and then Sasuke just exposits what happened.

Maybe he can summon snakes quicker than being incinerated standing right next to a nuclear explosion thanks to his sharingan and he implanted Suigetsu with chakra nano bugs to let him know when to summon, similar to Tsunade's slugs.

Are you feeling okay Triple Elation? Normally your flowery worded diatribes span several paragraphs.

Triple Elation posted:

Whether or not Naruto actually remembers who Hinata and/or Sakura are, and whether any of them are his "Rin", really isn't the point, unless you're on Narutoforums. In the real world both of them make for a rather lousy Rin parallel (are any of those two 'the only light in Naruto's life'? Yeah, no). The point is that losing someone close to you, for whatever value of close, is not an excuse to let go of the little voice in your head that says that even now that you feel the world has hosed you over sideways, destroying everything and everyone is still not a cool thing to do.

Of course the circumstances of the two events are dramatically different. When Naruto snapped, he had already lost Sasuke, Jiraiya, Kakashi and the village. All it took was a moment of weakness for Naruto to push the "destroy everything" button, and then there was no way back, from that point on he was not making any decisions any more. You can see Naruto isn't entirely in his right mind throughout this whole ordeal, mumbling about how he doesn't understand anything anymore, and it all hurts so much, and he just wants it all to stop. Obito, in contrast, not only decided that the world was worthless, but spent years and years in that mindset, making this same horrible affirmation again and again, every single time, out of his own completely rational volition, even as he was standing there and threatening to kill a baby.

Still, I wouldn't say that you could automatically attribute the divergent path of those two characters to how Naruto is awesome and Obito isn't. Naruto had Iruka to acknowledge him, Jiraiya to teach him a few things about life, Hinata to give him pep talks, his ghost dad to tell him to stop killing everything, and on and on. Obito apparently had no one to reach him when it really mattered, and it's not very fair to give Naruto credit for all these people being there for him, as if some magical quality of his had magnetically attracted them all (even his departed father from beyond the grave). This is a quality Naruto acquired gradually, and can hardly be said to be the thing that saved him from a lifetime of bitter villainy, if only because of the years and years Naruto spent alone and ostracized, with no one being drawn magnetically to his supposedly awesome personality.

To Obito's legitimate question of what the difference is between the two of them, the answer is probably 1. Naruto was pre-disposed to be a much more balanced individual than Obito was, if only by virtue of lack of Uchiha Affective Disorder; and 2. Isolation and all, Naruto was dealt some favorable cards by life (starting with Iruka and going forward), and this together with (1) has allowed him to build a strong enough sense of morality and identity to make good on every favorable card handed to him since, and conversely, manage with relative success when poo poo hit the fan. When it comes to mental stability, much as in other matters, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

So is there a big moral binary chasm between Naruto and Obito? Right now yes, but not the sort of innate magical quality that Kakashi is insinuating. What does this mean for Obito's chosen path in life? Not a drat thing; it's pathetic and deluded, and the thought that even someone like Naruto could have gone the same way does more to illustrate the concept of the fundamental attribution error than it does to legitimize Obito. There is nothing even resembling a clear line neatly dividing poo poo that happend to you and Who You Really Are(tm). In some very meaningful senses, you are the poo poo that happened to you.

This is one of my favourites.

razamataza fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 11, 2013

KoB
May 1, 2009
Hes been regenerating everything for the last chapter or two, why is healing an eye so far out there all of a sudden?

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Because I want to complain about something

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

KoB posted:

Hes been regenerating everything for the last chapter or two, why is healing an eye so far out there all of a sudden?

Well, couldn't the reverse also be true? Couldn't he just lop off parts of his body to create entire clones of himself?

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.
Those aren't Madara's eyes anyway. They're his brothers. So wtf.

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

flowinprose posted:

Presumably if you have Hashirama's chakra/abilities you are constantly regenerating (remember Madara mentioning this to Tsunade?). So if you pop your missing eyeball back into its socket, the regeneration ability "heals" the injury thus no medical techniques necessary. However this does not explain why he needed a zetsu arm and couldn't just regenerate that on his own.

There is a difference between regenerate and heal, for the purposes of explaining Madara and eyehax at least.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Stoph posted:

Those aren't Madara's eyes anyway. They're his brothers. So wtf.

Hahah I had forgotten that detail. It makes trying to logic through things even more absurd. Which amuses me. This is why I whine.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I don't know about anyone else but whats going on in any given scene is becoming really hard to understand because of the shocking art. It's all just a bunch of messily drawn explosions or attacks that all blend together to form this awful mess and its making this drawn out nonsense way worse than it should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yeah, for a while I didn't get why everyone was getting so confused but it's getting really hard to follow what's going on now.

• Locked thread