Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Krad posted:

Just get Slade kidnap her for... reasons, and have them back for the next season as the big bad and his sidekick.

Katie Cassidy as TARA MARKOV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
They've already established Laurel is a pretty decent hand to hand combatant - because her dad made her take classes and stuf. Add to that the power of RAGE or whatever and tvshow logic can run with that to start.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Spoiler clip from tomorrows episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R__C0BJHRc

I'm pumped

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or some super soldier serum.

Who needs combat training with super strength?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

hi liter posted:

I'm pumped

God drat.

Tomorrow cannot come fast enough.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Practically the entire Arrow fanbase despises Laurel. TV critics are unanimous in describing her as poorly written, decrying the terrible plotlines she's getting. Cassidy has no on-screen chemistry with Amell whatsoever. She'll never be able to outdo Caity Lotz as Black Canary; someone who has the martial arts background to pull off the stunts the show requires, who meshes well with Amell onscreen, and whose character already has a reasonable backstory for her skills.

If the intention was always to have Laurel become Black Canary, introducing Sara/Lotz as a "first" Black Canary was a terrible idea, since she's everything Black Canary should be and is everything Laurel is not.

I think the writers should stop trying so desperately to make Laurel relevant. As mentioned above, shoehorning her into the trial given the absurd conflict of interest was just awful. Sometimes characters just don't work well in a show, and Cassidy/Laurel is such a case. You're all talking about the best way to deal with Laurel on the show, but missing the most obvious one; kill her off. It motivates some characters on the show, maybe sets up some rivalry with a new villian etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Caity Lotz is playing a great Huntress. Pretty crappy Black Canary.

Edit: That's not to say she's doing a bad job. That's just how her character is being written.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 11, 2013

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Drifter posted:

Maybe the League of Assassins will kinda shrug and think to themselves, "eh, one sister's as good as another," and kidnap and brainwash/hypnotrain Laurel and then Ollie and crew rescue her and now Laurel's all trained to be a ninja?

The Mancanarian Candidate. :v:

This idea isn't actually that bad. Laurel is currently way more important symbolically to other characters than she is important in her own right, which sucks on feminist grounds but is true. A plot arc where, for some reason, someone targets Oliver or Sara by kidnapping Laurel would play into that reality as a form of psychological torture. And it would provide a realistic platform to reconfigure her character however they want.

Welcome to Arrow: where everyone's motivated by loss, and every journey abroad involves ninja training for revenge. Everyone in Starling City is Batman.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Having Laurel leave after her sisters real death and journey to city who's name I can never spell would be loving cool as hell and a way to change the character completely.

Have her be like "Yeah I got poo poo to work out" and just be gone for 8 episodes and then reintroduce her is probably the best thing we'll get.

The actress isn't a terrible actress, she has just really loving bad writing.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Having Laurel leave after her sisters real death and journey to city who's name I can never spell would be loving cool as hell and a way to change the character completely.

Have her be like "Yeah I got poo poo to work out" and just be gone for 8 episodes and then reintroduce her is probably the best thing we'll get.

The actress isn't a terrible actress, she has just really loving bad writing.

The big flaw with this is it is predicated on Caity Lotz leaving.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Its comic books, she can 'die' for a bit no problem.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

They could do that in a number of ways. Time jumps between seasons. Have her out for a half season and say she's been away for a year or two or something and then have her pop back looking like she does in that movie she's filming now. Something similar would be a good look for her on the show.

For a sec I was like, why did he post a picture of Katie Sackhoff??

hi liter posted:

I'm pumped

Holy hell...

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

dreffen posted:

God drat.

Tomorrow cannot come fast enough.

given that as of the conclusion to last episode Oliver is unconscious, what are the chances this happens in some sort of dream/hallucination sequence?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hi liter posted:

I'm pumped

Can someone tell me what was said? Specifically... The island didn't make you strong...???

I'm apparently deaf and need close captioning.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

The Lord Bude posted:

given that as of the conclusion to last episode Oliver is unconscious, what are the chances this happens in some sort of dream/hallucination sequence?
I'd put it somewhere around 110%, to be honest.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

King Burgundy posted:

Can someone tell me what was said? Specifically... The island didn't make you strong...???

I'm apparently deaf and need close captioning.

It revealed you to be weak.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Uber Kosh posted:

It revealed you to be weak.

Thanks!

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

I thought it was pretty obvious that it is a hallucination. But, it is still awesome.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

:drat: That doesn't even look like her.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Lord Bude posted:

The episode description says that Ollie is haunted by visions of the past so it's definitely a hallucination. I really hope this means we get to see Tommy again.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
:siren:SPOILERS:siren:

The Hollywood Reporter did an interview with Colton Haynes about tonight's episode.

He doesn't come right out and say it, but based on that last paragraph (and the preview pics), I'm almost positive Roy is getting Mirakuru'd.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It's a Christmas Mirakuru!!!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Drifter posted:

This as a thread title.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Spergatory posted:

The Hollywood Reporter did an interview with Colton Haynes about tonight's episode.

He doesn't come right out and say it, but based on that last paragraph (and the preview pics), I'm almost positive Roy is getting Mirakuru'd.

This is more or less confirmed. There was a screenshot posted earlier in the thread - from some preview that I couldn't find - that showed Roy tied up in a chair with Brother Blood. It seemed apparent that Blood was going to dose him with the Miracle.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

The episode title is Three Ghosts so it's only a question of whether Slade is the Ghost of Christmas Past, Present, or Yet to Come.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Drifter posted:

This as a thread title.
Yes!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

jscolon2.0 posted:

Drifter posted:

This as a thread title.

DOOOOO ITTTTT!

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Spergatory posted:

The amazing thing about this for comic book fans is that based on that article, I'm willing to bet that the entire side-kick concept is going to be iced in favor of putting Roy directly into the 'Arsenal' spot. Arsenal, in my opinion, is just another failed version of a side-kick's evolution in that DC never made him that compelling but by the time everything cleared before 'new 52' the only thing memorable about Arsenal was becoming a drug addict and a waste of potential. It's like tv DC is looking at movie Marvel's Winter Soldier adaptation and going, "we can show how this would go down in flames."

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Dead Snoopy posted:

The amazing thing about this for comic book fans is that based on that article, I'm willing to bet that the entire side-kick concept is going to be iced in favor of putting Roy directly into the 'Arsenal' spot. Arsenal, in my opinion, is just another failed version of a side-kick's evolution in that DC never made him that compelling but by the time everything cleared before 'new 52' the only thing memorable about Arsenal was becoming a drug addict and a waste of potential. It's like tv DC is looking at movie Marvel's Winter Soldier adaptation and going, "we can show how this would go down in flames."

That could set up a REALLY interesting path for Thea becoming Ollie's sidekick. She's got a natural knack for aiming (talent), and she watched her charming, strong, and otherwise innocent boyfriend get chewed up by forces more powerful than him (motive). If this is indeed where they're going, I wonder how long it'll take for it to bear fruit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DivisionPost posted:

That could set up a REALLY interesting path for Thea becoming Ollie's sidekick. She's got a natural knack for aiming (talent), and she watched her charming, strong, and otherwise innocent boyfriend get chewed up by forces more powerful than him (motive). If this is indeed where they're going, I wonder how long it'll take for it to bear fruit.

As long as it takes for Thea to get either
A) 5 years of training with a League of Assassins/Russians
B) Injected with Super Solider Serum.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dead Snoopy posted:

It never's gonna happen but I would love if Roy becoming Arsenal opens the door for them to bring in Jason Todd since they're bes buddies on the N52 :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 11, 2013

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

DivisionPost posted:

If this is indeed where they're going, I wonder how long it'll take for it to bear fruit.

On this show? Like an episode and a half.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

In season 1, Ollie went from being totally useless to being able to help Slade on missions in a matter of a few episodes. Sure he wasn't the badass he is now, but he was competent and dangerous.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

hi liter posted:

In season 1, Ollie went from being totally useless to being able to help Slade on missions in a matter of a few episodes. Sure he wasn't the badass he is now, but he was competent and dangerous.

A few episodes, but about 6-8 months in "realtime". Those island flashbacks are time montages.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're supposed to be running in real-time with the show.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

They're supposed to be running in real-time with the show.

Roughly but not precisely. Season/year to season/year yes, not week to week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just saw an article saying they cast who will be playing Clock King (Character was announced last week or so as coming this season.)

Put this way to obscure the name in the URL.

I like it. Good choice.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Just saw an article saying they cast who will be playing Clock King (Character was announced last week or so as coming this season.)

Put this way to obscure the name in the URL.

I like it. Good choice.

This is extremely exciting. I love this dude.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Greg Berlanti: Bring me more Spartacus actors! I have more cool characters to introduce!

Mark Gughenhiem: We can't sir! There are no more left.

Greg Berlanti: Very well. Began gathering the cast of Prison Break!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How long is the midseason break? Basically, I'm surprised the 14th episode isn't already done shooting, much less not even started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Question IRL posted:

Greg Berlanti: Bring me more Spartacus actors! I have more cool characters to introduce!

Mark Gughenhiem: We can't sir! There are no more left.

Greg Berlanti: Very well. Began gathering the cast of Prison Break!

They have ONE left from Spartacus they could bring over, but there's some digging involved.

• Locked thread