Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitty Fantastico
Nov 26, 2005

Any other "Saints Row IV Season Pass AU" owners who still can't play the Christmas DLC? My game patched but nothing is available on my 100% campaign game. Restarted Steam and verified cache. Australia :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Seasons BEATINGS :unsmigghh:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

poptart_fairy posted:

So on the first mission if you keep refusing to lick the pole, Boss will say that line if you're using the French voice. :haw:

Bailey Boss as well. It's a hoot.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Am I missing something or do none of the new unlockable homies have anything to say when you're back in Virtual Steelport?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

ookiimarukochan posted:

Am I missing something or do none of the new unlockable homies have anything to say when you're back in Virtual Steelport?

I was thinking the same thing. Was hoping for some banter between Cyber Future Shaundi and the others... or CID. But nope. Nada.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I kind of want to run around with all 3 Shaundi's

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Is anyone else having an issue on the Hard X-mas mind over murder where you can't pick up certain items with TK? Ran into it last night, haven't tried after turning off xbox. Just on the hard mode one though.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Elendil004 posted:

If you do this, make your boss dress as Shuandi.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Elendil004 posted:

I've done this. Cyborg Shaundi left for no discernible reason and there was 0 banter from her whatsoever.

Malek fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 11, 2013

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Malek posted:

I've done this. Cyborg Shaundi left for no discernible reason and there was 0 banter from her whatsoever.

Yeah, sadly. I guess my only consolation will be saving Christmas before doing Shaundi's loyalty missions in my next playthrough, and then bringing Cyborg Shaundi to stare at the pair.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Crappy Jack posted:

Bailey Boss as well. It's a hoot.

The final decision prompt there was great too.

Agree - Even Santa called you out.

I really enjoyed this DLC, though I agree more things for the original crew to do/say would have been nice. Wishing some bastard gingerbread men a merry fistmas in the ugliest sweater ever was a lot of fun.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Malek posted:

To be fair, at this point there's like what, over a dozen homies? Combined that'd be like 20-something lines for all of the voice actors. Plus imagine trying to get Keith David, Neil Patrick Harris, Daniel Dae Kim et al back just so they could record lines with the Dominatrix, Santa, Future Shaundi, etc.

In the end the DLC would probably end up costing $12 apiece.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've just started playing this, am i right in thinking that all of the sidequests eventually lead to you completing all of the map ativities/shops, etc?

If that's the case is it best to do all of the side quests first as they show up? I assume main characters unlock as you go through the game so by doing the initial sidequests (if it does just guide you though doing all of the activities) you'll only end up completing a certain part of the map until you progress in the story?

Also, is the DLC post game content or does it fit into the story at any time?

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Kin posted:

I've just started playing this, am i right in thinking that all of the sidequests eventually lead to you completing all of the map ativities/shops, etc?

If that's the case is it best to do all of the side quests first as they show up? I assume main characters unlock as you go through the game so by doing the initial sidequests (if it does just guide you though doing all of the activities) you'll only end up completing a certain part of the map until you progress in the story?

There's enough content in the game that you can really set your pace. I tend to meander towards a set goal, doing missions in the area on the way. I'm not a big fan of the races or insurance fraud missions, so I space them out per session or let the mission pacing nudge me.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gently caress quicktime events, seriously, why the gently caress is this even still a thing?

Also, tutorials, gently caress tutorials, it's the 4th game in the series, i know what the buttons do.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 12, 2013

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Kin posted:

I've just started playing this, am i right in thinking that all of the sidequests eventually lead to you completing all of the map activities/shops, etc?

You are correct in your thinking. I would recommend doing the loyalty missions for your homies before doing the side missions so you can take superpowered homies with you for the side missions for banter; otherwise if you did all the side missions first there's nothing left to do when the loyalty missions are complete.

The DLC feels better when done as post game content, especially the second one, but it's not a problem to do it earlier.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Good DLC. Don't really care for Cyber Shaundi by herself but if introducing more and more Shaundis becomes a running gag going forward I'm okay with that.

So did anyone else find the, uh, Dr. Who thing in the cave near the starting area for the Santa's Workshop... would it be zone? Caldera? Also the few snowmen in the zone talk if your boss touches them. I thought the jumping one with the negotiators below might have been a reference to a Calvin & Hobbes comic but if you touch the "jumper" it becomes evident it's more of a general joke. The elf rebellion graffiti looking like Red Faction emblems was pretty cute too. I went around looking at the toy racks for any other in-jokes like a stuffed Shivan or model Pyro GX but didn't see anything notable other than Genki snowboards.

Which I would totally buy. And I don't snowboard.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Kitty Fantastico posted:

Any other "Saints Row IV Season Pass AU" owners who still can't play the Christmas DLC? My game patched but nothing is available on my 100% campaign game. Restarted Steam and verified cache. Australia :(

I'd like to know this too.

Fabulousity posted:

Good DLC. Don't really care for Cyber Shaundi by herself but if introducing more and more Shaundis becomes a running gag going forward I'm okay with that.

Theory: Shaundi will be a race or species in Saints Row V.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

BiggerJ posted:

Theory: In 2017 Deep Silver starts making noise about some major announcement that'll have PC gamers dancing in the streets. At G3 they announce that through a clever blackmail operation in conjunction with various forms of witchcraft Deep Silver and Volition have reacquired the rights to Freespace. A secret mission in the subsequent new Freespace reveals who the Shivans really are: The Shaundis true name has simply been warped due to the erosion of time. It turns out Admiral Bosch's initial Freespace 2 ETAK communication with them translated said, "Third Street! Holy poo poo Pierce is a bitch, isn't he?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How many of you got the minty fresh achievement. Admit it. We all do.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Fabulousity posted:

So did anyone else find the, uh, Dr. Who thing in the cave near the starting area for the Santa's Workshop... would it be zone? Caldera? Also the few snowmen in the zone talk if your boss touches them. I thought the jumping one with the negotiators below might have been a reference to a Calvin & Hobbes comic but if you touch the "jumper" it becomes evident it's more of a general joke. The elf rebellion graffiti looking like Red Faction emblems was pretty cute too. I went around looking at the toy racks for any other in-jokes like a stuffed Shivan or model Pyro GX but didn't see anything notable other than Genki snowboards.

Which I would totally buy. And I don't snowboard.

If you turn to your right immediately upon starting the second mission, you can see a pretty solid reference to Empire Strikes Back, too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fabulousity posted:

I thought the jumping one with the negotiators below might have been a reference to a Calvin & Hobbes comic but if you touch the "jumper" it becomes evident it's more of a general joke.

The achievement for it, "Get that kid to a psychologist" is a Calvin and Hobbes reference so you're probably right on the money with it.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

CzarChasm posted:

Is anyone else having an issue on the Hard X-mas mind over murder where you can't pick up certain items with TK? Ran into it last night, haven't tried after turning off xbox. Just on the hard mode one though.

Yup,had the same problem. Resetting the console fixed it

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BiggerJ posted:

I'd like to know this too.

Guess this is the true explanation for Shaundi's audio log in Red Faction Guerrilla. She didn't die on Mars, just one of her many duplicates.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

twistedmentat posted:

How many of you got the minty fresh achievement. Admit it. We all do.

I took off my headphones to do it, though. Nolan North candy cane sounds are somewhat nightmare inducing.

The DLC itself is fairly short, but I'm going through it again to get all this hidden stuff I keep hearing about.

Fabulousity posted:

Theory: In 2017 Deep Silver starts making noise about some major announcement that'll have PC gamers dancing in the streets. At G3 they announce that through a clever blackmail operation in conjunction with various forms of witchcraft Deep Silver and Volition have reacquired the rights to Freespace. A secret mission in the subsequent new Freespace reveals who the Shivans really are: The Shaundis true name has simply been warped due to the erosion of time. It turns out Admiral Bosch's initial Freespace 2 ETAK communication with them translated said, "Third Street! Holy poo poo Pierce is a bitch, isn't he?"

All the ships glow purple instead of red, all weapons become dubstep guns, Humanity falls, game over. That's how this would end. It's the only way it could end.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

BiggerJ posted:

Saints MMO. :v:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

"My character's a Terminator Shaundi Pimp. What's yours?"
"Well, I main Fun Shaundi Drug Dealer, but I like to break out my Time Traveller Shaundi Stripper every now and then and shake down the noobs hanging out in Technically Legal."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

J.A.B.C. posted:

I took off my headphones to do it, though. Nolan North candy cane sounds are somewhat nightmare inducing.

The DLC itself is fairly short, but I'm going through it again to get all this hidden stuff I keep hearing about.

Yea me too. And the Laura Bailey noises....um, yea. I took head phones off and focused on the TV for a few minutes. It was less painful than doing the chinups in Mass Effect 3 : Citadel though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Combine APB's character creation and MMO-ness with Saints Row's gameplay, then throw it onto a giant Steelport/Stilwater amalgamation.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
^ Somebody make this mod already.

Also I got drunk and played through the new DLC last night and I think now I have to do it again because I missed some of the jokes. Also when it came time for the Christmas mind over matter I had to call it quits because I was unable to properly focus on the game.

It was pretty awesome.

Minor gripe, I hate getting to an objective too fast and missing some of the dialogue :(

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

This one was released today, the proceeds go to the Child's Play charity and you get to be Mechagodzilla.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247296/

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Can you wear the robosaur outfit without the helmet? I wanna have a dinosuit without messing up the cutscenes :black101:

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

Songbearer posted:

Can you wear the robosaur outfit without the helmet? I wanna have a dinosuit without messing up the cutscenes :black101:

It's all one piece, sadly. The same goes for the Robo-chimp outfit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Finished the Xmas DLC. Hahahah that was great and a very nice tight package. Its shorter than the Dominatrix but seriously its just better paced with crap cut out. ETD was padded out with too much time killer stuff.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
What the hell are you supposed to do for the Feat of Strength? I've tried all my powers and punching/attacking it does nothing.

Edit: NM, apparently my stomp had the wrong element and thus it wasn't working.

Piell fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 13, 2013

Caufman
May 7, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

So on the first mission if you keep refusing to lick the pole, Boss will say that line if you're using the French voice. :haw:

It's only been a few hours, but I've already forgotten. What's the line?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Caufman posted:

It's only been a few hours, but I've already forgotten. What's the line?

gently caress you say?

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Britboss says it too. It's probably all of them.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I really enjoyed the snowman vignettes on the 2nd mission and the Letters to Santa. The new environments were great too.

And the Christmas Dubstep Gun, of course.:black101:

I hated the Hard Genki Holiday Special though. I couldn't see crap against the Gothedral and finding the objects to throw was a nightmare. Luckily, I bumped the difficulty to Easy beforehand and golded it anyway, but it was a clusterfuck of design in my opinion. The Sleigh activities were super easy on Normal, but I loved the dialogue and it was a great festive idea.

The ending montage was wonderful, and overall it was a great DLC. I really enjoyed the Season Pass content, and I still haven't played with my new Christmas toys in the Simulation yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Metalshark posted:

The ending montage was wonderful
The clips in the montage were amazing, but I will hate this DLC forever for making me listen to Jingle Bell Rock during that. :arghfist::reject:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 13, 2013

• Locked thread