Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Blackheart posted:

I'll allow someone to tell me about Virtue's Last Reward.
It's like anime Saw except not poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blackheart posted:

I'll allow someone to tell me about Virtue's Last Reward.

It's a visual novel/puzzle game for the 3DS and Vita, about 9 people getting locked in a strange place and having to solve puzzles to try to escape on pain of death. Very heavily steeped in mystery, time/dimension travel, and all sorts of wacky fake science stuff. It's pretty good!

It's also the sequel to the DS game 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, which you should play first.

If you're genuinely curious, but not enough to immediately go shell out for them, try checking out Dragonatrix's excellent completed LP of 999 followed by Fedule's also excellent (still ongoing) LP of VLR.

Enjoy!

E: The reason it's like Homestuck is that both feature an intelligent rabbit.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
If you have a 3DS then buy 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, that's all you need to know. If you don't do that then get the hell out of Games.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What about subfora of Games can I still post there :ohdear:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Also you could try taking Koos up on his generous offer, unless you're scared for some reason I guess?

Homestuck is also like Virtue's Last Reward because both feature a spin on Schroedinger's Cat.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hello, Games! It's been a long, long time for me. I really should go about figuring out how to get the LP I did one time into the archive...

Louisgod posted:

If you have a 3DS then buy 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, that's all you need to know. If you don't do that then get the hell out of Games.

I actually just got a 3DS and was considering picking it up. Shame that I can't seem to find 999 or VLR in the estore. I'm guessing that's because they're M-rated?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VLR should be on the e-shop everywhere now (it wasn't in NA for a while but they added it at some point I think?). 999 is not however so you'll need to pick up a physical copy.

Another reason why Homestuck is like Virtue's Last Reward is that the word "Quark" appears at least once* in each!

*The word "Quark" does not in fact appear in Homestuck.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Stoats if you're reading this I still won't get into this webcomic.

god drat it

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I would play the anime games if they were on PC, but my patience for handheld games is basically non-existent.

Call me when those games out on PC, like the Homestuck game will. Unless they're not on Steam, in which case why bother.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Why is there a thread in Games for a game that will never come out?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Louisgod is this you? (most of site nsfw, page itself sfw)

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Please don't post about VLR, I still need to beat 999!!!!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

MrBims posted:

Well, there was a Star Citizen thread for a while. It's only fair to give other games a turn.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, Duke Nukem Forever came out.

I have all the confidence that Homestuck The Game will be just as...existy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MrBims posted:

I think you'll find that this thread is actually about Namco High, and that's coming out next week.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I guess we could.... talk about Undertale too? That didn't stop being a thing that exists and is sort of related to housestruck.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Am I missing something? It's been only about a year since the game was kickstarted, and Hussie's repeatedly put his main creative work on pause to focus on it. Not quite time to call Duke Nukem Forever yet.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Carrasco posted:

Am I missing something? It's been only about a year since the game was kickstarted, and Hussie's repeatedly put his main creative work on pause to focus on it. Not quite time to call Duke Nukem Forever yet.

As far as I know there still has yet to be any information on who is even making the drat thing. That's pretty worrying to me about the prospects of what we're going to end up getting our hands on (besides plushies for the nutters who paid $500 or whatever).

I mean, Hussie doesn't strike me as someone who would just run with the money, but it's pretty unfair to keep us all in the dark after being so supportive of a kickstarter that was pretty poorly run in retrospect. Even some kickstarters that failed to actually provide a videogame still had intermittent progress updates.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I agree that it's a pity he hasn't done Kickstarter updates like many other projects do. It's definitely fair to say that he hasn't utilized Kickstarter in the way it's really supposed to be used.

But I also think we shouldn't flip out too much about it because it's not as though the man himself has gone operation silent. We've got the end of Homestuck coming up soon(ish) and Namco High coming out this month. Once the big one is out of the way, I hope news about the game will become more of a priority for him.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
The main reason there isn't any updates on the adventure game so far is for legal/NDA related reasons, unfortunately. Andrew said something about putting some info out before the end of the year, but we are rapidly running out of time.

It doesn't help that WP is pretty understaffed as far as the tech side goes.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
Koos I don't have PMs :(

Extra Koos
Nov 2, 2013

Valex posted:

Koos I don't have PMs :(

You may also add me on Steam at KoosGroup.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Christ no, not this goddamn comic, no more. I've moved on to another. happier comic that don't disappoint me so much.

I already wrote a bizarrely popular fanfic for it years ago I'm still mildly ashamed of and I want to be done with it all now, STOP HAUNTING ME

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black August posted:

Christ no, not this goddamn comic, no more. I've moved on to another. happier comic that don't disappoint me so much.

I already wrote a bizarrely popular fanfic for it years ago I'm still mildly ashamed of and I want to be done with it all now, STOP HAUNTING ME

Well you can't just say that and leave it at that :v:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Black August posted:

Now you have hosed up. You have hosed up now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its not just a comic anymore. Soon the homestucks will be in video games form. You heard me. MORE THAN ONE GAME.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh you've gone and done it now. Better just link the fanfic.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Once people know it exists, it's better to just link it yourself than wait for somebody else to do it for you. Probably.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I wrote Red Dead Virgo. The links don't work anymore because Google Docs did weird dumb stuff and ruined all the links. I think someone else archived it a while ago, I never really bothered to follow up. That was my tiny and disgusting mark on the fandom. Why are you in Games?

why are you making me remember :smithicide:

Extra Koos
Nov 2, 2013

Black August posted:

I wrote Red Dead Virgo.

:staredog:

Greetings.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Extra Koos posted:

:staredog:
Greetings.

Yeah hi. I don't expect anyone here to even know what that is. Or hope nobody does.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Black August posted:

I wrote Red Dead Virgo. The links don't work anymore because Google Docs did weird dumb stuff and ruined all the links. I think someone else archived it a while ago, I never really bothered to follow up. That was my tiny and disgusting mark on the fandom. Why are you in Games?

Oh my god it has a loving tvtropes :tvtropes: page.

Also ew that's kinda creepy spritework, dude.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

am I missing something? why was this moved into games?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Black August posted:

http://nepeta.mozai.com/stories/Red_Dead_Virgo.html

It's Something Awful Secret Santa! Waterhaul has oh so kindly lent the Homestuck thread to Games for the holiday season.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I haven't read it, but I know what it is. :hehe:

Extra Koos
Nov 2, 2013

Black August posted:

Yeah hi. I don't expect anyone here to even know what that is. Or hope nobody does.

Other than Strider's Edge, it's the most famous Homestuck fic, you silly fool.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Weird I thought The Serenity Gospel(s?) was/is the most famous fic out there.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pixeltendo posted:

am I missing something? why was this moved into games?

It's Secret Santa time here at SA, so every mod was given the opportunity to pick a thread in their forum to swap to a specified other forum. BSS and Games are each other's Santa, so this thread got moved! Yay!

According to some posts I've seen, it's just gonna be a temporary thing. I kinda hope it's permanent because it's pretty fun.

Anyway fanfic dude, your thing looks pretty bad, but I hereby absolve you of your sins. Go in peace.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Black August posted:

Ok that is pretty funny. Whatever man, it ain't that bad. I'm probably never going to actually read it past the first few pages when it was linked like two years ago, but at least it isn't something smutty.

Or is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

tinaun posted:

Oh my god it has a loving tvtropes :tvtropes: page.

Also ew that's kinda creepy spritework, dude.

I forgot it has that. Why does it have that? I thought only major TV works got a tropes page. I've never read TV Tropes. Also ok it did get archived then.

Also yeah I know it is, it was exaggerated and bloody for fun since I liked the Intermission so much and think ultraviolence is funny, especially with the whole "trolls have 200 gallons of dayglo blood" thing the actual comic seems to have.

Extra Koos posted:

Other than Strider's Edge, it's the most famous Homestuck fic, you silly fool.

Hah, I don't believe that. Majority opinion has been absolutely poor and hateful of it. Which is fine, I mostly did it to play with sprites and have fun with some friends I talk to.