Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

At one point we were having to stress to meet the DPS requirement for Greenscale, a mighty 16k raid dps.

Now tsu does like 25k by himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.

Machai posted:

Greenscale was the BBG for the first 20-man raid pre-expansion. He was the dragon god of the plane of life. After him we fought Akylios the dragon god of the plane of water, Laethys the dragon god of the plane of earth and Maelforge the dragon god of the plane of fire. In SL the first two 20-man dungeons have you killing Crucia (air) and Regulos (death). Regulos was the BBG from the starter zone quests that was the cause of the Ascended PCs being sent back/forward in time to the present day.

So if Regulos is dead who is the big bad villain right now?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Elmo Oxygen posted:

So if Regulos is dead who is the big bad villain right now?

Spooky invaders~

Also the Architects.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Eltoasto posted:

At one point we were having to stress to meet the DPS requirement for Greenscale, a mighty 16k raid dps.

Now tsu does like 25k by himself.

and Vandee does 32k. Number inflation :shlick:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Can I get an invite for Gryphic and Blackbane??

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 11, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

and Vandee does 32k. Number inflation :shlick:

i really wonder if theyre ever going to fix the bug causing arc/shifting blades/brutalize to double dip so severely. it really does trivialize the dps requirement on fights with damage increases like volan when you can just pop wavelength and poo poo out a million damage in 2 globals. it's neat watching tempests do 65k dps on proteus though.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

shut up gelly posted:

i really wonder if theyre ever going to fix the bug causing arc/shifting blades/brutalize to double dip so severely.
Arc and Shifting Blades got nerfed a couple patches ago and share a cooldown now.

Brutalize is a cleric trait? :confused:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

Arc and Shifting Blades got nerfed a couple patches ago and share a cooldown now.

Brutalize is a cleric trait? :confused:

That's not the point. I'm too tired to explain right now but it's a bug with specific abilities and damage taken increased debuffs on bosses in this tier.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Oh so it increases the damage even though it's a fraction of already-increased damage?

Yeah that's kind of dumb then, I thought they had stuff specifically to prevent that (what with them not critting either).

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

Oh so it increases the damage even though it's a fraction of already-increased damage?

Yeah that's kind of dumb then, I thought they had stuff specifically to prevent that (what with them not critting either).

as far as i can tell it causes the ability multiplier to apply more than once, and since abilities like arc or brutalize scale multiplicatively, the numbers just go crazy. take a look at my last proteus log and scroll down to the very bottom. max hit charged pulse is 204k, while the max hit arc (presumably off that same cp) is 816k.

the same bug applies on volan, kaliban, ultane - pretty much any fight with a boost that increases damage taken by the boss.

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 11, 2013

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Need an invite for Gumption.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
What's the best way to go from 1-60 as a Mage? I want a 60 of each role before 3.0 hits.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

1-10 quests, 10-48 IAs and freemarch grinding as harb + dungeons + pvp if you enjoy it, 48-60 SL quests, dungeons and PVP (if you enjoy it).

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So I have decided to try this game again. I played it a little after launch but stopped playing when my subscription ran out due to lack of money. I tend to be kind of antisocial in these types of games and was wondering what would the best class be if I am looking for a solo character, Warrior or Cleric?

I was leaning toward Cleric with a focus on either Druid or Justicar.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 11, 2013

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

KaneTW posted:

1-10 quests, 10-48 IAs and freemarch grinding as harb + dungeons + pvp if you enjoy it, 48-60 SL quests, dungeons and PVP (if you enjoy it).

PVP is good experience if you're winning but pretty crappy when you aren't.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Is anyone else having any issues connecting to the game. I keep getting a message that I am running an incorrect version of the game and to run the patcher, but it says I am up to date.

CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001

jadebullet posted:

Is anyone else having any issues connecting to the game. I keep getting a message that I am running an incorrect version of the game and to run the patcher, but it says I am up to date.

Ya, it updated about five minutes ago but then the shard was down once I was finally able to login and connect.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Ah, okay, there it is. I was worried I messed something up in the installation or something.

Edit: Yup, looks like all of the shards are down.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #6 12/11/13

== FEATURES ==

Planebreaker Bastion: Aftermath
Every week until Fae Yule we're introducing newly updated content for level 60! Our fifth feature is the Planebreaker Bastion: Aftermath Chronicle, which explores what comes after the Planebreaker Bastion raid, and has some new rewards to boot!

Fae Yule!
Fae Yule makes a return on 12/12/13, this Thursday afternoon, and with the holiday tidings comes bonus loot! Many bosses in expert dungeons, slivers, and raid dungeons now dropping boxes with extra goodies inside.

New PvP Mode: Ranked 5v5 Warfronts!
These Warfronts are now available for all level 60 players. Participants will be bolstered up to Rank 90 Myrmidon gear upon entering. The leader of a full group must queue through the normal PVP window to enter. Points are scored based on kills; the first team to 25 kills takes the match. To track your 5v5 rating, check the Warfront results window!

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES
* Dyes can now be previewed in the Store! Go to the dye category and click on dye to preview the color on your character preview.
- Additionally, you can also control-click dyes that are in your inventory to preview them.
- You can also click on Dye recipes to see a preview of the dye.
* Fixed an issue causing the tints on Robe of the Sea to be reversed. It should now have both primary and secondary dye options.
* You can now dye many costume capes that previously could not be!

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES

EXPERT: GOLEM FOUNDRY
* Manslaughter:
- Now has a chance to drop a Mechanized Temporal Vault.

INTREPID: THE DROWNED HALLS
* Removed the loot from the Abyssal Zealots and Defilers before Isskal.
* Killing any pack of mobs will now lock players to the instance.
* Trash mobs now respawn less frequently.
* The drop rate on trash mobs has been reduced.

PLANEBREAKER BASTION
* Sumpters will despawn after Eggtenders have been defeated.

CRAFTING
* Elm, Karthite, and Frazzleweed now appear slightly more frequently in Dendrome, Ashora, and Steppes of Infinity.
* Low-level capes can now be salvaged by Outfitters.

ITEMS
* Relic Hunter's Gloves now have spell power.
* Caretakers Grips can now be used as a wardrobe item.
* The upgrade path for Hunt Prime Flamecaller's Hailshard has been corrected.
* Future drops of some items in Intrepid: Drowned Halls will have stats more comparable to other items in the zone.
- The Mythical Joloral's Neck Guard
- The Mythical Sobek Skin Legguards
- The Mythical Riptide Band
* The Mythical Crippler of the Tides has been improved, and now has more Storm Legion oriented stats.
* The Cold Heart was using the wrong ability, and has been greatly improved. It now also has both a Caster and Melee upgrade path.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Also looks like 2.6 will include a method to block weather from areas in your dimension.

http://community.riftgame.com/en/2013/12/10/inside-trion-the-ins-and-outs-of-rifts-dimensional-weather/

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

jadebullet posted:

So I have decided to try this game again. I played it a little after launch but stopped playing when my subscription ran out due to lack of money. I tend to be kind of antisocial in these types of games and was wondering what would the best class be if I am looking for a solo character, Warrior or Cleric?

I play solo, kinda antisocial like you, and cleric has worked out very well. I levelled a warrior to 60 to see if I would like it and it's fun different playstyle, but I barely play him. 95% of my playtime is on my cleric :)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jadebullet posted:

Solo-wise, it's extremely hard to beat a Mage running Harbinger/Chloromancer. Harb gets a whole ton of cool abilities and lots of built-in healing and defense to go with Chloro. You can switch up your third soul depending on what you need. Dominator's always solid for the CC while soloing.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
Hell yeah I just ran in for maybe the last 20% on a Quoras rift and walked out with a Searing Flamesource, I'm so happy.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Hell yeah I just ran in for maybe the last 20% on a Quoras rift and walked out with a Searing Flamesource, I'm so happy.

Lucky!

Also can someone please invite Kvida to the guild? :v:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Lucky!

Also can someone please invite Kvida to the guild? :v:

How many alts do you have, jeez!

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

How many alts do you have, jeez!

I only have 5 60s okay!

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I went cleric with a focus on justicar and I am having a blast with it. I find it kind of odd that they have a premade build that you have to choose when making a character, then it holds your hand while you level up. Anyone know if the premade builds are any good, or should I just be ignoring them?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

jadebullet posted:

I went cleric with a focus on justicar and I am having a blast with it. I find it kind of odd that they have a premade build that you have to choose when making a character, then it holds your hand while you level up. Anyone know if the premade builds are any good, or should I just be ignoring them?

Good enough for leveling, not good enough for endgame.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

I just came back to the game after a long (since two months after launch) time, and I'm hooked. The game is gorgeous, fun to play, and there is always something to do at any time.

I got my Warrior in the guild, but I rolled a mage and a cleric and they are both a blast to play. I'm having a hard time deciding which to play, I'd like to heal at endgame and maybe tank at some point, what would be the best route to go?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

bear is driving! posted:

I just came back to the game after a long (since two months after launch) time, and I'm hooked. The game is gorgeous, fun to play, and there is always something to do at any time.

I got my Warrior in the guild, but I rolled a mage and a cleric and they are both a blast to play. I'm having a hard time deciding which to play, I'd like to heal at endgame and maybe tank at some point, what would be the best route to go?

Warriors can't heal
Rogues can't heal (as their main thing)
Mages can't tank
Clerics can do everything, DPS, tank, and heal

So if you want to dabble, cleric is nice.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Devor posted:

Warriors can't heal
Rogues can't heal (as their main thing)
Mages can't tank
Clerics can do everything, DPS, tank, and heal

So if you want to dabble, cleric is nice.

This all changes in 3.0 the middle of next year. Warrior and Rogue are getting Heal specs, Mage is getting a Tanking pet spec, Cleric is getting a support spec. I can't wait to Mage Tank!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
From another endgame raiding standpoint - Mages are -essential- farm/pugging roles, since good chloros and archons really drive raid smoothness on farm content, and chloro is by far the best general healing output class in the game. Clerics as a healing class are essential for progression, having very specific healing roles that perform functions that chloros cannot, like shield (purifier) or provide massive burst AoE heals (warden) or constant mitigation for multiple tanks (defiler - yes necros have links too but then you're using Necros).

But Mages can't tank yet, so that's another thing. Also Cleric Tanking is so easy even I can do it! (sorta).

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

But Mages can't tank yet, so that's another thing. Also Cleric Tanking is so easy even I can do it! (sorta).

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. :v:

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
When 3.0 hits, my cleric will be able to heal, tank, dps and farm IA's with 3 buttons, and now play a support role. I love this game.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

So what it basically boils down to, is that the classes are so versatile that you should choose your main based on aesthetic and how it feels over roles, unless you have 1 specific role you want to focus on.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

May I have an invite sent to Rectifier and/or Blackbane, please?

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 12, 2013

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If I buy the 2nd bank vault do I just get an additional 32 bank slots or do I also get additional bank bag slots?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

SlayVus posted:

If I buy the 2nd bank vault do I just get an additional 32 bank slots or do I also get additional bank bag slots?

Just the 32 bank slots, no bag slots.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I guess I should stock up on supplies to make some empyrean bags then... Running out of bank space and I really don't feel like switching characters over and over to to keep items stored that I need. If I replace all my 24 slots with 28 slot bags I can get an extra 56 slots without having to give Trion another $6.60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SlayVus posted:

I guess I should stock up on supplies to make some empyrean bags then... Running out of bank space and I really don't feel like switching characters over and over to to keep items stored that I need. If I replace all my 24 slots with 28 slot bags I can get an extra 56 slots without having to give Trion another $6.60.

28 slot bags use pretty cheap mats too.

• Locked thread