Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

diremonk posted:

Fixed the video, dumb mistake.

All three of the cats get Blue Buffalo low calorie dry food. I also split a can of wet stuff every night, I usually rotate the brands but I try to get stuff with gravy instead of pate type food. But I'll ask my vet tomorrow about the food allergy.

that poor kitty :( watching the video im highly suspect of alergies but i am not a vet so listen to them.. i see the cat licking the legs quite a bit before having the freakout and thats usually the first indication of allergies

had the same deal with a dog a long time ago, he would lick his front paws until they bled. turned out he was just allergic to chicken.. small world

not home but i'll get a meowbox vid tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
got a heated bed like Sadie's, neither cat seems to give a gently caress

but then it hasn't gotten really bitterly cold yet so they're not desperate for warms right now either

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

diremonk posted:

Fixed the video, dumb mistake.

yo theres something wrong w/ u cat. g/l squeaky feel better

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
cya later treelords

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

diremonk posted:

Have been having some issues with a cat I adopted a couple months ago. At least once a day, she'll start acting strange. Not normal cat strange, but crazy attacking her own paws growling like a bobcat strange. I'm taking her into the vet tomorrow but I'm nervous about doing that because I'm scared of bad news.

Recorded a vid for the vet, but figured that maybe some people would have an idea of what is going on so that I can talk to my vet without sounds too dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULccHDBeLP4

Is that a d8 catnip pillow thing?

Follow up q:
If so have you noticed squeaky playin with the nip/being around nip before freakouts? Because some cats are allergic to nip.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
The cattes discovered that if you push hard enough on the bathroom door it will pop open. Now whenever i go they come in and hold me hostage until they get all the attention they want and then some, and its really annoying. just let me poop in peace cats.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Allergies make cats possessed by the devil?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Defenestration posted:

you never had an itch so itchy you would scratch it till it hurt to make it stop?

now multiple that by cat.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Defenestration posted:

cats are baturally possesse by the devil

allergies just make it more pbvious

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

hey 80s cat

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah if Dexter gets fish and his allergies flare up, the backs of his thighs get hives and he chews on them all the time. Hence no fish for Dexter.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah if Dexter gets fish and his allergies flare up, the backs of his thighs get hives and he chews on them all the time. Hence no fish for Dexter.

Dexter please don't eat the fish. nor the pills :smith:/:unsmith:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
its always fun when your non-cat loving significant other starts catching on. my boyfriend didn't like cats when we started dating 3 years later he is contantly sending me cat pictures and sings to daisy as he gets ready in the morning.

also the "get it bitch"

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

its always fun when your non-cat loving significant other starts catching on. my boyfriend didn't like cats when we started dating 3 years later he is contantly sending me cat pictures and sings to daisy as he gets ready in the morning.

also the "get it bitch"

he caught the tox

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

diremonk posted:

Have been having some issues with a cat I adopted a couple months ago. At least once a day, she'll start acting strange. Not normal cat strange, but crazy attacking her own paws growling like a bobcat strange. I'm taking her into the vet tomorrow but I'm nervous about doing that because I'm scared of bad news.

Recorded a vid for the vet, but figured that maybe some people would have an idea of what is going on so that I can talk to my vet without sounds too dumb.

Looks like maybe anxiety-based compulsive behavior of some sort? I think the video will give the vet a good idea of the problem. Don't worry about appearing "dumb", not everyone's a feline behavioral expert.

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

diremonk posted:

I didn't see anyone mention it but it could also be fleas or ticks.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

i didnt notice the second cat for a while

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

the bsd boys posted:

the new generation of bonsai cats

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

the bsd boys posted:

Ah, pneumatic tube catte delivery.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Quoting this motherfucking badass because nobody did and he deserves to be.

He's like a tabby OC.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i like cats.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Wild EEPROM posted:

i like cats.

WOAH let's not get too extreme here

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

this rug is amazing, and really good cat camouflage too

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

why am i up at 5AM?

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

Shifty Pony posted:

why am i up at 5AM?

hi sadie :3:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

walt get outta the tub !!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvlW8AK7dmk

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Goddamn Walt your mane just keeps getting more and more ridiculous.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Anoia posted:

got a heated bed like Sadie's, neither cat seems to give a gently caress

but then it hasn't gotten really bitterly cold yet so they're not desperate for warms right now either

it took sadie a bit to love hers. i actually replaced one of her normal beds in her fav napping spot with the heated one to get her to try it and since then she's been a real fan.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

it took sadie a bit to love hers. i actually replaced one of her normal beds in her fav napping spot with the heated one to get her to try it and since then she's been a real fan.

That's always a gamble. Often this kind of thing ends up just making them determined to NEVER EVER USE IT because you tried to force it on them and now it's the enemy.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

no walt

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:

Josh Lyman posted:

on the lid or another part? i've thought about removing the lid entirely

the lid was off the time i did it, she was furiously licking with recjless abandon, and didn't react much to getting the cut, just made these weird whines when trying to lick herself and would only drink water and not eat for a couple of weeks after

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

why do you have to jump to conclusions like that? paper towels and toilet paper have been known to spontaneously shred themselves.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

i have yet to see a cat that did not enjoy shredding the poo poo out of tp and/or paper towels

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

morcant posted:

i have yet to see a cat that did not enjoy shredding the poo poo out of tp and/or paper towels
shadow has never been interested in them at all.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the loaves are grumpy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

morcant posted:

in our house wrapping paper is the preferred shredding paper good. ugh.