Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
The first is Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill pack for $2.49.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
YES free Fallouts. I have F1 from when it was free way back, and now I'm glad I haven't picked up the others yet.

How is the new Shadow Warrior? Worth :10bux:?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SquadronROE posted:

The first is Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill pack for $2.49.

It's randomized. I picked Timeless Classics as well and got Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 for $5.99

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
My "Random Magic" was Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena. Are they the same for everyone?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

mr. why posted:

My "Random Magic" was Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena. Are they the same for everyone?

No, I picked that one and it was Omicron. It does appear to be at least somewhat "random"

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

So I guess the options are Random Older Game, Random Newer Game, and Random Game?

Edit: Picked Timeless Classics, got Nox 70% off ($1.79). Looks like you can gift with these too.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 12, 2013

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

mr. why posted:

How is the new Shadow Warrior? Worth :10bux:?
Definitely, it's very well done and surprisingly well-written.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

It's also worth saying that, like with Steam sales, it's best to wait and see if a game you're watching out for gets a featured deal for a deeper discount.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Also the right side (under The Big Ones) has a dropdown for voting between two packs for tomorrow, currently 75% off either a Bullfrog bundle or HoMM bundle.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

The Kins posted:

surprisingly well-written.

This part surprises me. I was expecting more campy kung-fu action with brutal writing.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Ahh, GOG is too overloaded for me to log in! I want those free backup copies of Fallout :f5h:

E: Okay, I'm logged in. Now I only need to bypass a million people that also click on the free games!

E2: Made it to the checkout window, but the order times out. This is crazy :f5h: x2

E3: Success! Despite the "order" not pushing through, the games show up in my libary. I love you GOG Santa :allears:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 12, 2013

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
I wonder if GOG is doing this because Interplay will lose distribution rights at the end of the month.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I have never not been able to access GOG before. :stare: I wonder what download speeds are like...

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
So the boxes are coupons?

iastudent posted:

It's also worth saying that, like with Steam sales, it's best to wait and see if a game you're watching out for gets a featured deal for a deeper discount.

Ah, I hadn't thought of that. I'll wait on NWN2 Complete. I bought them on Direct2Drive years ago but after they got bought out by Gamefly, downloading them again was a pain and I've been trying to install them to no success. Thanks, guys!

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 12, 2013

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mr. why posted:

I wonder if GOG is doing this because Interplay will lose distribution rights at the end of the month.

A parting middle finger from the Caen brother's to Bethesda.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Rinkles posted:

A parting middle finger from the Caen brother's to Bethesda.

Fair play to them - a lot of places could have said "We're losing these games so buy them now you fucks MORE MONEY NOW", but instead GOG gives them away because they know that they are a big part of gaming history.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Zoe posted:

I have never not been able to access GOG before. :stare: I wonder what download speeds are like...

Looks like someone wasn't around for the insomnia sale, when GOG was overloaded every time a good deal (or god forbid a free game) popped up.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

JustJeff88 posted:

No, I picked that one and it was Omicron. It does appear to be at least somewhat "random"

Lucky bastard. I was hoping for that one. Instead I get Ben There Dan That for a dollar.

"Santa won't leave you any coal ;)" my rear end

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Well I guess it's not the first time then...I can navigate the site without too much trouble now, but argh, it won't load when I click on a box. What's in the box?! Dammit Gog, I must know what's in the box! :f5:

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Zoe posted:

Well I guess it's not the first time then...I can navigate the site without too much trouble now, but argh, it won't load when I click on a box. What's in the box?! Dammit Gog, I must know what's in the box! :f5:

Obligatory.

What appears to be in the box for me is "spinning circle"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
God DAMMIT, GOG. How much of my money do you actually NEED? Begone with you, vile temptress!

All but one of the remaining games on my wishlist is currently on sale. Stop it STOP IT I NEED MONEY TO STAY ALIVE :cry:

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Pretty pumped to see they recently released Theme Park! I LOVED this game as a young kid, despite not having one clue to do the business simulation stuff at the time. I would just spend all my money, go bankrupt, repeat cycle. Pumped to play it again.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Zoe posted:

Oh my God.

I just bought all three Creatures games for $3.00

I am 12 again, time to yell at Norns to push food and kisspop again all day every day.

squeeeeeeee :keke:

I realize this is from a little while ago, but a bit back I went through the Creatures Labs website and salvaged all the official downloads for all 3 creatures games (the Creatures 2 and 3 files probably have some modded stuff I wanted to preserve too)

Turns out this was a good idea because it looks like the downloads section of the website is completely gone now, so here you go:

Creatures 1
Creatures 2
Creatures 3

I think the content packs for C2 are included with the GOG downloads, but I'm not 100% sure. I also have the official for-money breed packs that you can't buy anymore, but I'm not sure those work with Creatures Exodus. (e: Actually it looks like there's a fan patch that lets them work, so if the mods are okay with it I could post them too)

Emong fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 12, 2013

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

The site's never been this slow for me, even during the Insomnia sale I never got 505. I did nab the Fallouts, though.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Not only is it crawling like hell, it keeps asking me to log in every time I try to click on the random daily deal boxes or checkout the Fallout bundle, even though I already am. :psyduck:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Finally let me open the Timeless Appeal box. Wasteland 1 for $1.99

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

iastudent posted:

Finally let me open the Timeless Appeal box. Wasteland 1 for $1.99

I'm getting an offer for Duke Nukem 3D for $1.49 from that box.

Has anyone done Random Magic? What sort of things are they putting in there?

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Pretty pumped to see they recently released Theme Park! I LOVED this game as a young kid, despite not having one clue to do the business simulation stuff at the time. I would just spend all my money, go bankrupt, repeat cycle. Pumped to play it again.
I hated it for this exact reason but once I got the money cheat I was sorted. Brilliant game. Just remember to buy up all the shares in your own park to stop others from getting them!

Also, haha, Theme Park is so old that it's sponsored by Midlands Bank. :v:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

macnbc posted:

I got Dyad for 75% off. I picked it just for you to see what was in it. :3:

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.
The Timeless Classics box gave me The Bard's Tale for 75% off.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I got Psychonauts out of the timeless appeal box, which is a waste since I already got it on Steam and don't care to get it again on GoG for some extras.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Not only is it crawling like hell, it keeps asking me to log in every time I try to click on the random daily deal boxes or checkout the Fallout bundle, even though I already am. :psyduck:

I have yet to log in. :stare: They're getting HOSED.

Course, when you call 'free Fallout', the internet comes running.

Emong posted:

I realize this is from a little while ago, but a bit back I went through the Creatures Labs website and salvaged all the official downloads for all 3 creatures games (the Creatures 2 and 3 files probably have some modded stuff I wanted to preserve too)

Turns out this was a good idea because it looks like the downloads section of the website is completely gone now, so here you go:

Creatures 1
Creatures 2
Creatures 3

I think the content packs for C2 are included with the GOG downloads, but I'm not 100% sure. I also have the official for-money breed packs that you can't buy anymore, but I'm not sure those work with Creatures Exodus. (e: Actually it looks like there's a fan patch that lets them work, so if the mods are okay with it I could post them too)

Thanks for this!

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Looks like Sacrifice is finally on sale. Been waiting to pick that one up.

It'll be nice when the site stops collapsing and I can actually purchase something.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

macnbc posted:

Gave me Ben There Dan That. Which is just poo poo.

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

I keep this thread bookmarked so it's going to get pretty annoying seeing people post just to say what random discount they got.

Is there any indication of how long the sale will run?

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
The sale will run from 12/12 to 12/29 according to the email I got. It also said that there's a chance of getting free games from the daily mystery boxes.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

ovaries posted:

I keep this thread bookmarked so it's going to get pretty annoying seeing people post just to say what random discount they got.

Is there any indication of how long the sale will run?

Actually sharing what random discount you get can be useful. They're giftable, so if you don't want it but someone else does, you can work something out to get it to them.

(For example: Someone let me know if they want that Duke Nukem 3D for $1.49 deal. I'm not an FPS kinda guy.)

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Zaphod42 posted:

Thanks for this!

You're welcome! I completely forgot, but the Creatures 3 file also has the standalone Docking Station installer as well as a mod to let you skip having to log in, since I doubt that the Docking Station servers are in any kind of working order. So if anyone wants a demo of Creatures 3 and it even still works on modern Windows they can try that.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

JustJeff88 posted:

This part surprises me. I was expecting more campy kung-fu action with brutal writing.
There's still quite a bit of corny one–liners and reasonably witty banter between Lo Wang and his companion, but yeah, what they did with the actual story is pretty neat, all things considered. It's also a very pretty, colourful game sometimes!

I had my doubts because I didn't care very much for the developers' previous offering, Hard Reset, and because remakes of classic(ish) games are something to be inherently wary of as far as I'm concerned. Shadow Warrior 2013 turned out to be a surprisingly good game, however; I can't quite remember the last time I had this much fun just slicing and slashing dudes and demons to pieces with a sword. I do have some minor quibbles, but at least one of them may actually be getting addressed at some point and the rest aren't nearly bad enough to drag the game down any.

Granted, I did buy it for like ten bucks during the last Steam sale, but even at twice that much I'd still easily feel like I got my money's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I selected the "brave new worlds" offer, and it gave me Omerta: City of gangsters. For $7.99. Which is exactly the same price as it currently is in their "The BIG Ones 2013 up to 80% off" sale. (not that I was in any way interested in that game)

Thanks, so much.