Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Awesome. I'm already logged in, I can add other games to my cart and check out, but if I try to select "Timeless Classics" it gives me a login popup that then resolves in a 404. :gogtears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Peas and Rice posted:

Awesome. I'm already logged in, I can add other games to my cart and check out, but if I try to select "Timeless Classics" it gives me a login popup that then resolves in a 404. :gogtears:

I had that problem for a while, it's probably due to their servers being overwhelmed. Just try again in half an hour or thereabouts.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Peas and Rice posted:

I managed to get around that by just closing the login prompt and clicking on a different present. Then I got Surgeon Simulator 80% off so it wasn't really worth it.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
They removed the banner for free Fallout from the homepage but it's still available in the lower-right hand corner.

But when I try to place the order...

I just want to try out Fallout:Tactics. :sigh:

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Totally buying Wing Commander Prophecy and Academy.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

mr. why posted:

I wonder if GOG is doing this because Interplay will lose distribution rights at the end of the month.

Good on them. I already bought Fallout 1 and 2 from GOG years ago, but I'll gladly get Tactics for free as a parting shot. I have a feeling that once Bethesda gets a hold of those three games, they'll disappear from GOG and never show up again. I don't think Bethesda has any games on the service at all, and I doubt they'll start. Which is a drat shame because I sure would like to buy id's old catalog of games on GOG.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Mercury Crusader posted:

Good on them. I already bought Fallout 1 and 2 from GOG years ago, but I'll gladly get Tactics for free as a parting shot. I have a feeling that once Bethesda gets a hold of those three games, they'll disappear from GOG and never show up again. I don't think Bethesda has any games on the service at all, and I doubt they'll start. Which is a drat shame because I sure would like to buy id's old catalog of games on GOG.

Maybe they'll be cool and make them free forever like Arena and Daggerfall.

Probably not.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

I had my doubts because I didn't care very much for the developers' previous offering, Hard Reset, and because remakes of classic(ish) games are something to be inherently wary of as far as I'm concerned. Shadow Warrior 2013 turned out to be a surprisingly good game, however; I can't quite remember the last time I had this much fun just slicing and slashing dudes and demons to pieces with a sword. I do have some minor quibbles, but at least one of them may actually be getting addressed at some point and the rest aren't nearly bad enough to drag the game down any.

Granted, I did buy it for like ten bucks during the last Steam sale, but even at twice that much I'd still easily feel like I got my money's worth.

Which quibble are they patching?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Managed to download all three of Fallouts, now excuse me I'm going to relive my childhood :smuggo:
(also Tactics which I never played before)

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Emong posted:

Maybe they'll be cool and make them free forever like Arena and Daggerfall.

Probably not.

I would love to play Bethesda's free roaming Terminator FPS.

That poo poo was years ahead of its time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Disco Infiva posted:

Managed to download all three of Fallouts, now excuse me I'm going to relive my childhood :smuggo:
(also Tactics which I never played before)

Tactics is awesome. It got shat on a bit for not being Fallout 3, but it updates the classic fallout combat in a pretty good way. I like the do the one-unit-at-a-time initiative style in turn-based mode. It stops the whole "waiting forever to do something while people shuffle around" issue that Fallout 2 had.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
Tactics is alright. It's pretty good as a game, but it lacks a lot of the things that make Fallout "Fallout" and not just another post-apocalyptic rpg. Real weapons, no bottlecaps, and the setting is just grim rather than absurdly dark. The story has some merit though, to the extent that Bethesda basically took it as the justification for the eastern Brotherhood and their schism with the Outcasts.

Got me the whole Freespace set now. I think I'm tapped out on GOG until they wrangle Starlancer, Freelancer, and Crimson Skies out of Microsoft. Perhaps by kidnapping someone's dog?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Lucky bastard. I was hoping for that one. Instead I get Ben There Dan That for a dollar.

"Santa won't leave you any coal ;)" my rear end

I'll trade you that for Wasteland, gringo.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

JustJeff88 posted:

I'll trade you that for Wasteland, gringo.

Thanks but already got a copy with my Wasteland 2 preorder.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Thanks but already got a copy with my Wasteland 2 preorder.

I didn't know that Omikron came with that kickstarter.

Kraxxukalf
Aug 24, 2009
So I picked Random Magic and got a Gothic 2 Gold Edition offer for $2.50. I've never played any of the Gothic games, is it worth getting?

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Exodor posted:

They removed the banner for free Fallout from the homepage but it's still available in the lower-right hand corner.

But when I try to place the order...

I just want to try out Fallout:Tactics. :sigh:

I tried to gift you but gifting free games is disabled. :(

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kraxxukalf posted:

So I picked Random Magic and got a Gothic 2 Gold Edition offer for $2.50. I've never played any of the Gothic games, is it worth getting?

Yes, but be prepared to die. A lot. It's got a lot of different solutions to things that it doesn't quite spell out, so it's easy to think you're on to something and wander into an area your character isn't ready for.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Literally cannot get to the checkout. You'd think by now they'd have learned to upgrade their bandwidth capacity when it's sale time.

This is like Steam circa the first year.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
I just got a checkout to go through after 3 tries.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
It seems to come and go, for about ten minutes the site worked great, I logged in, got Evil Genius for $2.99, and checked out without a problem. Now it's back to being a shitshow.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

JustJeff88 posted:

I didn't know that Omikron came with that kickstarter.

I got Ben There Dan That, not Wasteland :p

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

Alchenar posted:

Literally cannot get to the checkout. You'd think by now they'd have learned to upgrade their bandwidth capacity when it's sale time.

This is like Steam circa the first year.

Server upgrades have happened every year around the holiday sale since 2010. The free games kicked activity into overdrive.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

ToxicFrog posted:

Which quibble are they patching?
Not patching so much as they're apparently planning on adding an arena/survival sort of mode to the game. No idea whether it'll be free or paid DLC, though I'd totally put five bucks down for that.

I just want to actually get to use the Nobitsura Kage for any length of time against regular enemies—I didn't like how you got to use the fully upgraded, altogether badass sword against a small handful of demons only and that was it. (Not counting the final boss fight because that really isn't the same thing.) I mean, even HL2 let you mess up all sorts of poo poo using the supercharged Gravity Gun for more than two minutes.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Rolled Timeless Classics and got:
Deus Ex 2: Invisible War 75% OFF
$9.99 $2.49

Honestly tempted, but not ready to bite at this moment; keeping the tab open.

UselessLurker
Apr 28, 2008
Triple Town for 66% off. :rolleyes: Oy.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Thanks! I just wish I'd gotten this before I had to jump through all those hoops to get the Docking Station working....

And please do check with a mod about those breed packs, I went looking for those back when I bought the game and as far as I can tell they're not available anywhere.

Also, I just got me some free Tactics, and Brave New Worlds netted me Alan Wake for $2.99 :greatgift: :dance:

Zoe fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 12, 2013

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Rolled Crusader: No Remorse for 1.79. I have no experience with this series, is it any good?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jaramin posted:

Rolled Crusader: No Remorse for 1.79. I have no experience with this series, is it any good?

It seems like it would be awesome, but the controls are early 90's as gently caress and I never managed to get into it because of them. Aiming was really hard thanks to the tank controls.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Use the triple rocket launcher gun, give only the minimum amount of fucks about "aiming". :black101:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I got Ben There Dan That, not Wasteland :p

Ah. I thought that you meant that you got Wasteland 1, which would make sense, but I was asking for it not asking to give it.

Anyway, if you like, I'd trade Wasteland 1 on GOG which is $2.99 right now for "my" $2.49 copy of Omikron.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Hogburto posted:

Rolled Timeless Classics and got:
Deus Ex 2: Invisible War 75% OFF
$9.99 $2.49

Honestly tempted, but not ready to bite at this moment; keeping the tab open.

You can close the tab if you want. I tested what would happen if I logged out/back in and tried clicking a different box.. it just brings back up the offer it gave you before.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Rolled Brave New Worlds, and got Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut for $9.99 :sigh:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

JustJeff88 posted:

Ah. I thought that you meant that you got Wasteland 1, which would make sense, but I was asking for it not asking to give it.

Anyway, if you like, I'd trade Wasteland 1 on GOG which is $2.99 right now for "my" $2.49 copy of Omikron.

See, I thought you were offering your Wasteland for my Ben There Dan That.

I've already used my Wasteland code.

This is some sitcom level misunderstanding hijinks going on.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Max Wilco posted:

Rolled Brave New Worlds, and got Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut for $9.99 :sigh:

What's wrong with that? Game rules.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dissapointed Owl posted:

What's wrong with that? Game rules.
I'm not saying Deadly Premonition is a bad game, but I've heard that the Director's Cut has a lot of technical issues.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Zoe posted:

Thanks! I just wish I'd gotten this before I had to jump through all those hoops to get the Docking Station working....

And please do check with a mod about those breed packs, I went looking for those back when I bought the game and as far as I can tell they're not available anywhere.

Good news! AxeManiac gave me permission to post them, so enjoy!

That should be all five of the official C3 Mall breed packs: Hardman Norns, Treehugger Norns, Bondi Norns, Toxic Norns, and Banshee Grendels.

e: You'll need to install this if you want to use it with the GOG release.

Emong fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 12, 2014

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Rolled Timeless Classics and got SimCity 2000 for $1.79 (70% off)

Yeah I bought it immediately.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

UselessLurker posted:

Triple Town for 66% off. :rolleyes: Oy.

Triple Town is the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Picked the middle box and got Waking Mars, a game I already own on GOG, for $2.49.