Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Stokes is still playing? For fucks sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Bowden called a 5 ball over earlier and now he just called a 7 ball over.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
That last 4 was a no ball by a mile fuckin umps.

7 ball over to make up for it, thanks Billy.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Haddin's been so loving lucky this series. Got away with it about 3 times this innings.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

-Spiffy- posted:

Also I might have to start a spoonboy tracking site as an addendum to the tips.

This is a great idea and you should definitely do it

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Test cricket best cricket.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Good partnership this.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm so far out of the loop with state cricket these days. Is there a clear next cab off the rank for the keeper position if Haddin dies of old age or something? Is Wade still a thing?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Well it seems a couple of blokes have decided to have a proper bat now, after those cheap 2 wickets, and we might have a reasonable innings. Of course now that I've typed that...

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
T-Paine is doing well apparently, Wade's liability was his keeping then his batting.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Very lucky not to get out there, completely hosed that catch

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Haddin has perfect timing, commentators just finished fellating him about his careful innings and he puts one straight up in the air between two fielders, who thankfully decided not to catch him out.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Fortunately Haddin gets nine lives in cricket. :D

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I love the way Smith shoulders arms, its like hes reaching into the top of his cupboard or something.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Bhyo isn't going to like these over rates :(

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wtf are those umpires doing just dawdling around at the drinks break? Get them to get a shift on. I know its a billion degrees but seriously.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Obeiwan posted:

100's for Haddin and Johnson coming up! I have no faith in Steve Smith hanging around very long.

Ultimate reverse spoonboy. Nicely done.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Wtf are those umpires doing just dawdling around at the drinks break? Get them to get a shift on. I know its a billion degrees but seriously.

It's been appalling. It's like it's a walk in the country not a game of professional cricket.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

EMC posted:

Some loving hosebag next to me is trying to convince me that Bailey is test quality and just needs more time. I am going to punch on here

I don't even know how he got selected for the Australian ODI team in the first place. He's just bog average at batting. There are about 20 batsmen I'd pick over him in the test side.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It's been appalling. It's like it's a walk in the country not a game of professional cricket.

Batsmen back at the crease, england fielders wandering back to their positions. Umpires still having a chin wag.

Also, I will never not laugh at the 'dramatic' ashes player videos that pop up when theres a bowling change.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Bowden's just surprised that he's actually still an umpire

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It's not England's fault, white people were never supposed to be in 45 degree heat.

Well actually it is England's fault.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
What is wrong with these idiots?

Obeiwan
Jun 12, 2011
I'd love to see them really clamp down on over rates. Either start banning players or start fining the entire team's match fee or something.

Brad haddin having a brain explosion....

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Well Haddin didn't wait but that was a close one.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Double brain explosion. Retarded shot, then marches off the ground when they're checking a very close no ball. Muppet. Totally in character.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

It was probably a no ball imo. He is supposed to have some of the foot behind the line but I'm also glad Haddin didn't hang around.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Get on with the game you idiots

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Aww, it would have been hilarious if Stokes was denied by the no ball again. :v:

Also hurry the gently caress up and set the field Cook.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
So if that was a clear and obvious no ball what would the ruling have been?

This slow over rate is only going to help Australia make it to stumps and keep the fielders in the field tomorrow in 37 degree temperatures. England are only hurting themselves.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

MacDougall posted:

Ultimate reverse spoonboy. Nicely done.

For the record I am recording Spoonboys now, but this doesn't qualify.

It has to be legitimate praise within a certain amount of time, unless there are other opinions.

Ill setup a site later.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Even the TV commentators are yelling get on with it.

Obeiwan
Jun 12, 2011
If they have to spend like 5min just trying to work out if it's a no ball, i'd imagine realistically the benefit goes to the batsman. It's just ridiculous that they bowel no ball's in the first place. These are people meant to be at the top of their profession and they cant even adhere to one of their simple guide lines. Doesn't help that they barely have a brain between them all i guess.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

MacDougall posted:

I don't even know how he got selected for the Australian ODI team in the first place. He's just bog average at batting. There are about 20 batsmen I'd pick over him in the test side.

The number of batsmen these days who get test caps based on limited overs performance even though they have a poo poo first class record is just baffling. If they're good, let them avg 60 over a season in domestic to prove themselves. India have been doing this too, and to nobody's surprise Pujara has looked the most accomplished test batsman even though Dhawan, Kohli, Rohit and the rest get most of the praise.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I hope they keep bouncing Johnson. Just make him angrier.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

-Spiffy- posted:

For the record I am recording Spoonboys now, but this doesn't qualify.

It has to be legitimate praise within a certain amount of time, unless there are other opinions.

Ill setup a site later.

It was a reverse spoonboy in that it was legitimate criticism and now Smith has 86 haha.

Obeiwan
Jun 12, 2011

MacDougall posted:

It was a reverse spoonboy in that it was legitimate criticism and now Smith has 86 haha.

I'm scared to say anything now... one of the players I want gone from the team is pulling our asses out of the fire.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Obeiwan posted:

If they have to spend like 5min just trying to work out if it's a no ball, i'd imagine realistically the benefit goes to the batsman. It's just ridiculous that they bowel no ball's in the first place. These are people meant to be at the top of their profession and they cant even adhere to one of their simple guide lines. Doesn't help that they barely have a brain between them all i guess.

The reason why it's such an issue for some bowlers is because most umpires don't even bother calling no balls, they know they can just refer them if a wicket falls so the bowler ends up having no idea that he's overstepping until he takes a wicket. Dharmasena didn't call a single no ball in the first two tests, I think Erasmus called around 10 of them in one test alone.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

There's always a camera pointed there, there's literally no reason apart from loving idleness that the third umpire can't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

England may struggle to get to the new ball.

• Locked thread