Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My first Jackal victory netted me a Rhino Helmet ( blueprint, I guess?) what else do I need? And how frequently do they drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
^^^Not sure how many you need, but I've killed the Jackal three times now and all three times he's dropped a Rhino blueprint piece, so there shouldn't be too much grinding. Especially since that level is like five minutes with a good group.

Superschaf posted:

Look harder. Controls -> Enable Vibration

Wow, I have no idea how I missed that. I went through that menu every time and it was staring me in the face all along.

I ran one of those Infested missions at Earth as soon as I unlocked them. Holy poo poo the XP. Pretty much every bit of equipment I had leveled up at least twice.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Feenix posted:

My first Jackal victory netted me a Rhino Helmet ( blueprint, I guess?) what else do I need? And how frequently do they drop?

The Rhino Systems and Chassis, and the general Rhino blueprint which you get from the market for credits. You always get 1 part blueprint from the boss so you could be anywhere from 2 to 30 runs on getting the last two parts you need.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Here's a trick to kill Jackal fast: bring a Mag with Polarize skill. Use it when Jackal started, thus removing his shield. Shoot his body (not his legs) until he dies. Anything with high DPS, preferably specced with Magnetic damage, works. I have used Burston (non-potatoed even), Braton, Hind. Soma (potatoed) is also OP for this since I could just in front of his face and kills him in 2 seconds flat. He dies even before his gun could go through my Mag's shield.

Haven't tried this with Hyena though.

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Gestalt Intellect posted:

The Rhino Systems and Chassis, and the general Rhino blueprint which you get from the market for credits. You always get 1 part blueprint from the boss so you could be anywhere from 2 to 30 runs on getting the last two parts you need.

Nowadays, the most boss runs I had done to get all the parts is 11. Before the change, when blueprints is an actual drop that even has a good chance of not dropping, I farmed Jackal at least 30 times.

hlwss
Nov 12, 2007
Can I get an invite? PSN is Adolphquitler

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Wow, I have no idea how I missed that. I went through that menu every time and it was staring me in the face all along.

Did you know the option to show your FPS is like... literally the second option? Took me forever to find that one.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Just a reminder for anyone who's mastery 6 or higher and hasn't built a Penta yet:

Build a Penta. It's fantastic.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man the latency or big that causes bullets to stream at you from thin air because whatever shot you is long since dead is just super annoying.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Has anyone tried the rebalanced Tigris yet? Everyone said it sucked big time before the change, I wonder how it is now.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

What is your guys opinion on the Lecta? Seems like crap at first glance, but there is a guy on the wiki claiming that it can be buffed to be powerful with elemental mods. I think I made the damage magnetic by adding frost mod, the results are weird. Somehow it subjectively feels like I am killing the Greeneer fastest :iiam:

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

wid posted:

Has anyone tried the rebalanced Tigris yet? Everyone said it sucked big time before the change, I wonder how it is now.

I didn't feel it really sucked, for what it is anyway. It just isn't a murderhose, and there are plenty of more killy alternatives. Even with the damage increase, it's not going to change the fundamental issue with the gun, which is that you spend far less time shooting than you do reloading. Generally speaking, the poo poo you point it at dies (did before the buff). Sometimes you give it both barrels, sometimes only one, but the constant reloading means you kind of have to adopt a bit of a hit and run tactic, and you'll often want to cherry pick targets (shoot the ancients, and let other players deal with chargers/leapers/etc, or use abilities on them, whatever). It's a big drawback.

It'll probably never be the ideal weapon for anything, especially since slash bonuses include flesh, and um... flesh, and that means you're also getting a penalty to base damage against robotic or armor in either case. The damage buff will help that some of course, but flesh enemies tend to be the easiest to drop with any damage type. You'll always be more concerned about shields or armor.

I still found it fun though. Different. And I got plenty of kills with it. It might be more interesting with the shotgun punch-through mod if you have it, but that mod has forever eluded me (as has the pistol one).

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
:siren:YOU CAN NOW DEPLOY MULTIPLE EXTRACTORS:siren:

gently caress farming poo poo forever

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
So this is fun. As a Banshee, came through the portal in an Infestation invasion and hit my ult a few yards on the other side. Now I'm permanently in the crouching casting-the-ability pose, and can't move. At least it should stop when the level ends?

Nitrox posted:

Except for all the rare mats that the extractors won't grab.

MrDude
Jun 23, 2011
I really like Carrier's vacuum ability, but I'm definitely a shotgun guy and don't want to share my mods or make two sets. What's the next best Sentinel weapon? I know Carrier will still only attack enemies at close range, so I guess something that takes that into consideration.

Also, does anyone know when a given operation will end? Me and my friends did our 5 runs on Naga for the Orokin Catalyst the night it debuted, but one of my friends claimed the number's gone down at some point since then. Not much luck searching the forums. Note my friend might be dumb

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

MrDude posted:

I really like Carrier's vacuum ability, but I'm definitely a shotgun guy and don't want to share my mods or make two sets. What's the next best Sentinel weapon? I know Carrier will still only attack enemies at close range, so I guess something that takes that into consideration.

Considering that status effects are now procs, the old suggestion of Shade's pistol with freeze damage is null and void (Shade has a comparable range), especially if you don't want duplicate pistol mod sets. You don't really want the Deth Machine Rifle because of its spin-up time. If you're looking to maximize damage output, I don't know the numbers on the Laser Rifle, but since you won't be using the rifle mods on your own primary it'd be my suggestion with the caveat that you should really reconsider the shotgun.

e: if you're willing to buy a Hell's Chamber for ~10plat from pubbies or strike a deal with a goon, that and Accelerated Blast and Point Blank would be enough to justify using the shotgun IMO. Goons will likely give you Accelerated Blast for free; I'll do it myself if you can't find any takers by late tonight assuming you're on PC.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 13, 2013

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
So the Gorgon is viable now? I think I'm gonna give it a go.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1rq20w/ultimate_dps_chart_part_1_primiaries/

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

It's still fairly inaccurate, but they've made the recoil a lot better. Since Infested are weak to impact with damage 2.1, you can stick a Shred on it and mow down hordes of them.

MrDude
Jun 23, 2011

zgrowler2 posted:

Considering that status effects are now procs, the old suggestion of Shade's pistol with freeze damage is null and void (Shade has a comparable range), especially if you don't want duplicate pistol mod sets. You don't really want the Deth Machine Rifle because of its spin-up time. If you're looking to maximize damage output, I don't know the numbers on the Laser Rifle, but since you won't be using the rifle mods on your own primary it'd be my suggestion with the caveat that you should really reconsider the shotgun.

e: if you're willing to buy a Hell's Chamber for ~10plat from pubbies or strike a deal with a goon, that and Accelerated Blast and Point Blank would be enough to justify using the shotgun IMO. Goons will likely give you Accelerated Blast for free; I'll do it myself if you can't find any takers by late tonight assuming you're on PC.

I have Accelerated Blast, and use it on my own Strun, it seems like a nice boost since it's bugged and increases your Puncture by a percentage of your total damage, rather than just your base Puncture damage (which in turn makes it more viable against Grineer). I'll look into the laser rifle, though I will still use the shotgun from time to time (when I'm leveling primary rifles for mastery).

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

hooah posted:

So this is fun. As a Banshee, came through the portal in an Infestation invasion and hit my ult a few yards on the other side. Now I'm permanently in the crouching casting-the-ability pose, and can't move. At least it should stop when the level ends?

I've had this happen two or three times. I don't know what causes it but it's super annoying and there's nothing you can do about it but hope you get killed and revived

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Feenix posted:

Even with the blueprints, you won't be able to get the materials to build it for a really long while.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009

Nitrox posted:

Seems the limit is 3 now, went on a crafting mission to find out (still better than 1 though). Does anyone know about the damage the extractors take? Is it just random or are certain systems more likely wreck it or after a certain time and reuses it degrades?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Grobbit posted:

Does anyone know about the damage the extractors take? Is it just random or are certain systems more likely wreck it or after a certain time and reuses it degrades?
As far as I've been able to tell, it's totally random. I've had extractors go for several days without taking damage on high level spots like Ceres, and I've also had them take heavy damage like an hour after placing them on lower level spots.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fuzz posted:

So retarded.

Dont sign your posts.

What sort of idiot thinks the proper way to fix a game is to cripple BOTH versions? Console certification testing has been going on forever, and DE was honest about the certification crap from the beginning. If you want to play Warframe properly use a PC, otherwise you're getting at best a week+ old version, including persistent bugs that would have been fixed within a half hour on PC. It shouldn't be bad for both of us just because you're on a new system. It should only be bad for you, my thing that has worked flawlessly since the game launched should not be affected by your new thing and the desire for parity. It's an impossibility within the current patch/update system and you were silly for thinking it could happen flawlessly.

DatonKallandor posted:

Not it's not. Syncing updates to console schedules is moronic and results in both versions being slow to patch instead of only one (Defiance says hello). Hurray I guess, if you prefer everyone being crippled to only one side being crippled. Over here in the non-crippled side things are looking pretty good.

And it's not like a slow update rate on console was a surprise. It's always been that way. Thank Sony and Microsoft for that.

This guy knows what's up.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 13, 2013

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Fuzz posted:

Which is loving retarded on their part. If they had been smart they would have aimed for full on crossplay support (Sony loves that poo poo) so they'd literally double their active playerbase, and lock their own update schedule to the PS4 one so everyone can play together across both systems.

Ugh, why are PC gamers such loving dicks sometimes. (I am primarily one, but seriously, this is retarded)

Not it's not. Syncing updates to console schedules is moronic and results in both versions being slow to patch instead of only one (Defiance says hello). Hurray I guess, if you prefer everyone being crippled to only one side being crippled. Over here in the non-crippled side things are looking pretty good.

And it's not like a slow update rate on console was a surprise. It's always been that way. Thank Sony and Microsoft for that.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Has there ever been a console game that keeps up to date with the PC version? Is there any game that's on PC and consoles that allow cross-platform multiplayer? I can't think of any, but I'm not up to date with the current generation of consoles.

Exactly the point I'm trying to make!
VVV

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 13, 2013

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mogomra posted:

Has there ever been a console game that keeps up to date with the PC version? Is there any game that's on PC and consoles that allow cross-platform multiplayer? I can't think of any, but I'm not up to date with the current generation of consoles.

I don't think there CAN be a console game like that unless the developers paid to keep their own personal staff on hand at the certification place just to certify their games super-fast and nobody else's. Or maybe the PC version updates/patches so slowly that the certification process isn't even the bottleneck.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Just a reminder that the DE's starting one of their dev live streams in ~10 minutes on their Twitch channel

Bruc
May 30, 2006

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

Dont sign your posts.

What sort of idiot thinks the proper way to fix a game is to cripple BOTH versions? Console certification testing has been going on forever, and DE was honest about the certification crap from the beginning. If you want to play Warframe properly use a PC, otherwise you're getting at best a week+ old version, including persistent bugs that would have been fixed within a half hour on PC. It shouldn't be bad for both of us just because you're on a new system. It should only be bad for you, my thing that has worked flawlessly since the game launched should not be affected by your new thing and the desire for parity. It's an impossibility within the current patch/update system and you were silly for thinking it could happen flawlessly.

This guy knows what's up.

I could personally give a poo poo less if PS4 is fully up to date with PC patches in a general sense, but they have an account migration thing that will only work when the 2 are in sync so yes it really does gently caress those of us over who would like to transfer our stuff to PC. They made it sound like it would be something that would happen shortly after release instead of "never" or "months down the line" .

He isnt an idiot for thinking they should "cripple both versions", and it's not unreasonable for them to maybe hold off on releasing a non-urgent patch for a week or 2 to get them in sync so those of us who would like to actually play the game on PS4 instead of PC as we were lead to believe would be able to do so. You aren't entitled or owed anything because you play the game on PC and the game has been out longer on PC, and nobody is going to be hurt by a slight delay in a patch unless it's to fix something gamebreaking. Acting like someone is an rear end in a top hat because they would like to actually play with their console friends is pretty dumb, and it's pretty dumb it's a month past release and people still cannot copy their characters (and are even further from being able to do it patch-wise than we were at release).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mogomra posted:

Is there any game that's on PC and consoles that allow cross-platform multiplayer?

The Shadowrun FPS that launched Games for Windows Live had it - cross-platform play was actually one of the big selling points for GfWL originally. Even with mouse controls being handicapped (negative accel and a turn rate cap), the disparity in skill levels between the two platforms was so bad that it resulted in GfWL going from an XBL-style sub service to a free social/DRM platform and cross-platform dying there and then.

It has nothing to do with certification and patches, but I still like telling the story.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The Shadowrun FPS that launched Games for Windows Live had it - cross-platform play was actually one of the big selling points for GfWL originally. It was so bad that it resulted in GfWL going from an XBL-style sub service to a free social/DRM platform and cross-platform dying there and then.

That game was garbage but even if it had been a great game that was still a bad idea. Having PC players fighting console players in a competitive FPS is such a dumb idea.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ok, so I built a Nyx, now what the hell do I do with it? I've heard it's really good in defense missions, but I still don't understand the playstyle after a few hours. Like, I get that it's a support class, but my allies (pubbies, at least, my clan's getting better about it) just murder my mind controled targets and everything's dead before Absorb goes off half the time. Chaos is superbly useful, but honestly, I'd rather just throw a Bastille down and just murder things with a shotgun.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Mogomra posted:

Has there ever been a console game that keeps up to date with the PC version? Is there any game that's on PC and consoles that allow cross-platform multiplayer?

Since that was an advertised feature, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that version parity might be in order. If it comes at the Master Race's perceived expense, I really don't see anything wrong with that. Especially after a few of those posts.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Echophonic posted:

Ok, so I built a Nyx, now what the hell do I do with it? I've heard it's really good in defense missions, but I still don't understand the playstyle after a few hours. Like, I get that it's a support class, but my allies (pubbies, at least, my clan's getting better about it) just murder my mind controled targets and everything's dead before Absorb goes off half the time. Chaos is superbly useful, but honestly, I'd rather just throw a Bastille down and just murder things with a shotgun.

The nice thing about Chaos is it has an enormous range. If you want you can throw on corrupted mods and get it to the energy efficiency cap and still have good duration and range too so it's more spammable, and in my opinion it's the best CC ability in the game. Bastille and Vortex are great versus infested but Chaos has a big enough AoE that it's great against Grineer and Corpus too. She really is a one trick pony though. Mind Control is mostly pointless when Chaos hits everything in the area for triple the energy cost, her number 2 ability is about the most useless thing in the game, and Absorb is really situational and rarely worth casting over Chaos. She's a great frame though, I actually prefer her to Rhino and Nova for the most part.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I could've sworn I've posted this before but it must've been in the old thread: Nyx is entirely a one-trick pony, it's just a really, really good trick.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 13, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I've been playing Nyx for the last couple of days and she's pretty cool. I like Absorb a lot in theory, but in practice it actually gets me killed more often than not because it seems kinda buggy and often misses targets that are too close to me when I'm casting it.

Chaos is definitely great though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Echophonic posted:

It's pretty gimmicky but if you max the Fleeting Expertise mod and don't use any power duration-extending mods, your absorb only lasts for 4 seconds or so and also costs almost nothing so you can use it all the time on anything you want. Combine it with Rush and dual zorens and you're basically a flying, living bomb. It won't stop pubbie Rhinos from running in to use stomp on the group you're about to explode, but there's nothing you can do about them anyway.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Another downside about Absorb I haven't seen mentioned is that it is pretty awful versus infested if there are ancients around. If you end up with a few Toxic Ancients beating on you during it and they die, you end up taking a shitload of damage instantly from the poison when it wears off, usually even if you try to get out of there ASAP. Coupled with the fact that its AoE is pretty small which makes it much less useful against ranged enemies and it's basically never worth using over Chaos outside of the Stalker and probably some bosses.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The thing about absorb is, like antimatter drop, it absorbs friendly-fire damage potentially allowing you to boost its damage incredibly high with a little teamwork.

Unlike antimatter drop it has an extremely limited range, roots you in place to use it, takes forever to finally go off, and last but not least only spits out purely equal damage to the amount you absorbed, instead of multiplying it at all.

edit: Looking it up it seems like they tweaked it a bit since I last used it to at least do a minimum of damage each blast. So there's that at least.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Nyx is a fun frame. Too bad people always seem to kill Mind Controlled ancients first.