Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

Thanks! But the contest was announced on the 1st of November so it would be unfair to say it's OK to edit in better pictures now. Besides, I don't know if you need to worry about it!

Unsure if you're joking (I haven't looked at the completed oaths) but you're not meant to vote for yourself - feel free to change your vote!

You're no fun. Fine TheBlobThing it is.

Wait, not supposed to or are barred from voting for yourself? Not that it matters a lone vote isn't going to win anyone anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

Wait, not supposed to or are barred from voting for yourself? Not that it matters a lone vote isn't going to win anyone anything.

Barred from voting for yourself. The Malifaux contest went to a tiebreaker! Although it did have fewer participants, even in the Oath thread 40K has the numbers.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Barred from voting for yourself. The Malifaux contest went to a tiebreaker! Although it did have fewer participants, even in the Oath thread 40K has the numbers.

I didn't mean single vote as in possible tie breaker, I meant single vote as in the solo vote my MegaNob would get.

Don't worry it was (mostly) a joke.

edit: oh you...:allears:
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 11, 2013

Germ
May 7, 2013

Voting for Indolent Bastard. While the poor guy can't vote for himself, the combo of checks, rust, and weathering on that Mega Nob is perfect.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
It's a tough one, but my vote has got to go to SRM I've always liked his style, he's got the nostalgia factor down too, and I love that ostentatious, over-the-top blinged out Imperial model

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Monthly prizes:

An item chosen from several lots of game stuff from The Troll Trader goes to: Deanut Pancer!
Yay thanks!

Leperflesh posted:

Special November Warhammer 40k prize!
There's a special prize, sponsored by goon Vondizimo, to be voted on by those of you who painted a warhammer 40k Oath in November. Here are the eligible goons who finished 40k oaths:

Vote: Mmtheblue for the wreck markers and goatee vox guy

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Vote: It was a tough choice! Germ, because while I loved Matgash's ultramarine bike Germ's stuff made me feel like I was looking at some kind of weird and horrible painting and that's a great feeling when looking at demons.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
C'mon Krieg players!

EDIT: I may have another limited edition. Trying to find a non-imperial one.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Dagon posted:

Voting TheBlobThing_________________ for prettiest girl in school.

Well, obviously, but which oath do you vote for? :rimshot:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Leperflesh posted:

An item chosen from several lots of game stuff from The Troll Trader goes to: Deanut Pancer!

Just want to give the troll trader an extra bit of pimping, had some good experiences with them recently (one being a lost package in the post, all sorted out nicely!)

Go forth and give them your money! :v:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 4 Space Marines from Games Workshop for the month of December

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp

Manifest posted:

:frogsiren:CONGRATULATIONS ANDROID AND MONOLITHS, YOU HAVE WON THE 1ST AND 2ND QUARTER CONVERSION PRIZES (respectively.):frogsiren:

Awesome! I don't have PM's, but I do have the email's at morgandyenator@gmail.com

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
The resilience, fearlessness, and firepower of those who have given their body over to the Father of Plagues or to one of the many strains of the Obliterator virus are legendary. But there remain many who may be reluctant to invite such changes into their own bodies. Some may have turned their back on the Imperium, but disdain the mutating favors of Chaos, seeing them as an imposition on their bodily self-determination. Others may be unwilling to accept deformity that does not accord with their conception of the aesthetic and sensual.

For those warbands that benefit from the membership of particularly skilled biomancers, Apothecaries, or perhaps both, an alternative exists. Strains of mutating warp-viruses are seeded in the corpses of fallen loyalists whose armor is so badly damaged as to be useless for more than scrap. Within hours, grotesque growths of otherworldly flesh and bone burst from rents in the ceramite, restoring strength and animation to the defiled Astartes corpse and binding it to the service of its new masters.

and that's how a loyalist terminator became an obliterator

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming:

Jurnal - the attempt at NMM on the weapon muzzles
Backstory - the dumb poo poo above :v:
Conversion - not an extra point, I don't think; just mentioning it again

Germ
May 7, 2013

JerryLee posted:

The resilience, fearlessness, and firepower of those who have given their body over to the Father of Plagues or to one of the many strains of the Obliterator virus are legendary. But there remain many who may be reluctant to invite such changes into their own bodies. Some may have turned their back on the Imperium, but disdain the mutating favors of Chaos, seeing them as an imposition on their bodily self-determination. Others may be unwilling to accept deformity that does not accord with their conception of the aesthetic and sensual.

For those warbands that benefit from the membership of particularly skilled biomancers, Apothecaries, or perhaps both, an alternative exists. Strains of mutating warp-viruses are seeded in the corpses of fallen loyalists whose armor is so badly damaged as to be useless for more than scrap. Within hours, grotesque growths of otherworldly flesh and bone burst from rents in the ceramite, restoring strength and animation to the defiled Astartes corpse and binding it to the service of its new masters.

Rad! Those traitor marines who won't accept the Warp are sissies, but cool story!

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

40k vote shoutout for JerryLee, that fella is metal as gently caress and the helm/crest looks great.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JerryLee posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming:

Jurnal - the attempt at NMM on the weapon muzzles
Backstory - the dumb poo poo above :v:
Conversion - not an extra point, I don't think; just mentioning it again

Nice! I have also credited you for Double the Fun, because you did this month's Theme and also did a Backstory for a bonus point.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Derp. I forgot about that. Thanks for remembering!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Voting for Matgash, because that beakybiker is pretty

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
My vote also goes to Matgash. Smooth colours!

Great news on the prize, I always need good brushes.

On that note, a box arrived a few days ago!

Really nice sculpts, many thanks to the sponsor MiniWarGaming

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Galaspar posted:

Really nice sculpts, many thanks to the sponsor MiniWarGaming

I'll bring your brushes to Warhammer World Sunday!

I know several people are missing their prizes, some of these are because (I'm guessing) our sponsors are busy (one is just a one-man operation, another is running a busy Kickstarter campaign), anyone else missing theirs is because the items are actually lost in the post or because I haven't been able to send stuff out (this is mostly for Troll Trader and Grab Bag prize winners).

If anyone is missing something and hasn't let me know, please drop me an email at krushgroove169 at gmail!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Galaspar posted:

What, no separate box for cattes? lovely packaging, would not buy again.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, am adding to my December Oath:

5 Warhammer goblin wolf riders, Marauder Miniatures (someone go back in time and get a sponsor prize from them! :black101:)
1 converted Warhammer Empire mortar

This mortar is converted to be a doom diver catapult. It looks a little weird in the picture color-wise because I forgot to clean the mold lines off of it before priming. It's supposed to look more like this:

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath 1 Ork from Reaper (Bones), 1 Watch Captain Whistlocke (Trollcast) from Red Box Games and 1 group of Nurglings from Games Workshop

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, am adding to my December Oath:

5 Warhammer goblin wolf riders, Marauder Miniatures (someone go back in time and get a sponsor prize from them! :black101:)
1 converted Warhammer Empire mortar

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath 1 Ork from Reaper (Bones), 1 Watch Captain Whistlocke (Trollcast) from Red Box Games and 1 group of Nurglings from Games Workshop

Accepted!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint for the month of December: (1) Male Berserker; (1) Amiri, Iconic Female Human Barbarian; and (1) Dragon of Fire! All are 28mm scale Reaper Bones.

It's my intention to make the Berserker and Dragon into a Diorama entry, time/skill/supplies/the goddam holidays permitting.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

krushgroove posted:

I know several people are missing their prizes, some of these are because (I'm guessing) our sponsors are busy (one is just a one-man operation, another is running a busy Kickstarter campaign), anyone else missing theirs is because the items are actually lost in the post or because I haven't been able to send stuff out (this is mostly for Troll Trader and Grab Bag prize winners).

If anyone is missing something and hasn't let me know, please drop me an email at krushgroove169 at gmail!

Pretty much expected, it is the most hectic mailing (and in general) month of the year after all.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 1 Tank Hunter from Corvus Beli (Infinity) and 10 6mm Norman cross-bowmen from Baccus Miniatures :siren:

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 14, 2013

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Ok! My 40k vote goes to Galaspar, for successfully pulling off a nicer looking version of what I was trying to do before going back to my red scheme.

Also, Krushgroove, I still haven't received the brushes from winning in September. I understand we had some confusion so no rush or anything, just letting you know. It's nice to see that I've got enough points to come up in the rolls for prizes though, even if I can't compete in the painting competitions themselves. It looks like my photo link isn't working for some reason, but clicking on it will send you to the flickr it's hosted on fine, if anyone is interested.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
My November 40K vote goes to Deanut Pancer

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphuc C oath: 4 tankbustas(GW):

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
:siren:I, TheBlobThing, being filled with Christmas cookies, add to my oath this Death Korps of Krieg Vox Caster, and this plastic Necromancer/Empire Wizard, for the month of December!:siren:

Fish and Chimps fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 14, 2013

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

krushgroove posted:

Yeah, I also have yet to receive that Games Day BA Captain from...August? September? Whenever that was. I'd honestly forgotten about it until I saw your post though, so clearly I'm in no hurry :v:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TheBlobThing posted:

:siren:I, TheBlobThing, being filled with Christmas cookies, oath to paint this Death Korps of Krieg Vox Caster, and this plastic Necromancer/Empire Wizard, for the month of December!:siren:

This is an oath addition, right? You've already got an oath, and another addition, this month. Just making sure.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

This is an oath addition, right? You've already got an oath, and another addition, this month. Just making sure.

poo poo yeah sorry. Was in a bit of a hurry when I posted that. I'll edit it presently.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint for the month of December: (1) Male Berserker; (1) Amiri, Iconic Female Human Barbarian; and (1) Dragon of Fire! All are 28mm scale Reaper Bones.

It's my intention to make the Berserker and Dragon into a Diorama entry, time/skill/supplies/the goddam holidays permitting.

Diorama entry noted

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 1 Tank Hunter from Corvus Beli (Infinity) and 10 6mm Norman cross-bowmen from Baccus Miniatures :siren:

Raphus C posted:

I Raphuc C oath: 4 tankbustas(GW):

TheBlobThing posted:

:siren:I, TheBlobThing, being filled with Christmas cookies, add to my oath this Death Korps of Krieg Vox Caster, and this plastic Necromancer/Empire Wizard, for the month of December!:siren:

Accepted!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Also, Krushgroove, I still haven't received the brushes from winning in September. I understand we had some confusion so no rush or anything, just letting you know. It's nice to see that I've got enough points to come up in the rolls for prizes though, even if I can't compete in the painting competitions themselves. It looks like my photo link isn't working for some reason, but clicking on it will send you to the flickr it's hosted on fine, if anyone is interested.
I'm collecting a list of all the missing Games N Gears prizes, unfortunately there's a long list of them, I'll be getting in touch with them this weekend.

Slimnoid posted:

Yeah, I also have yet to receive that Games Day BA Captain from...August? September? Whenever that was. I'd honestly forgotten about it until I saw your post though, so clearly I'm in no hurry :v:
Yes that is packed and ready to post, I have a lot of things to send off next week - sorry for the wait, there's a few folks waiting for grab bag and Troll Trader prizes as well. THESE WILL BE SENT OFF THIS COMING WEEK. My sincere apologies for the wait!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

S'cool, you've probably got a lot on your plate. Meanwhile, it's half way through the month and I still have an entire land raider to paint. :negative:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I thespaceinvader oath this Pathfinder Red Dragon by Reaper Miniatures Bones for December

Gnarghle I don't feel like painting. If I get this guy done I have a chest and chest monster waiting in the wings for NMMing.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ijyt posted:

S'cool, you've probably got a lot on your plate. Meanwhile, it's half way through the month and I still have an entire land raider to paint. :negative:

Thanks for understanding :) I hope everyone else does too

thespaceinvader posted:

I thespaceinvader oath this Pathfinder Red Dragon by Reaper Miniatures Bones for December

Accepted

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

krushgroove posted:

Thanks for understanding :) I hope everyone else does too
No. This is unacceptable. I demand a refund of my entry fees.
Ohwait, this is a free contest run by volunteers out of the goodness of their hearts. Very well, keep up the good work! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Jurnal entry is the armour on the last one, which turned out really poo poo :(

1 x Hoarcat Pride from Wyrd Miniatures

1 x Wendigo from Wyrd Miniatures

1 x 'Dynamic Tiriel' from Hasslefree Miniatures - this is my jurnal entry

edit: now that's out of the way, I can chill out for the rest of the month and not worry about painting until January :v:

• Locked thread